Does God really exist?

>tfw been Christian all my life until I was unironically BTFO by this
I think I’ve been a dumbass my entire life. I want to believe but it’s hard too

Attached: 294A93BB-D856-4A4C-B54F-2BDB50FBF766.jpg (1365x1365, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant
newadvent.org/summa/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God exists and the dick in your mouth does to

You're not actually supposed to believe in God, it's all metaphorical.

>Nearly 3000 gods, but only yours is real
>lol better believe in none of them!

I take something like a Leibnizian view of god as the limit of possibilities. I still don't know if that limit exists but I like the concept.

Is he retarded?

One God exists, the God of Abraham. He is One with Jesus Christ (the Son of Man) and with the Holy Spirit. I confess him as my Savior and you should too. The pic you posted is 12yo-tier fedora tipping. Christianity has been going strong for 2000 years and prophecies of Christ date back to earliest written history and before.

Attached: AllReligionsAreStupid.jpg (470x960, 96K)

Gervais fully represents the stereotypical atheist gigacuck leftist. Atheists promote this faggot so much but claim to not be liberals...

Attached: 45367655345436785675634565465648756.jpg (1796x1232, 431K)

God doesn't necessarily mean the Christian god. It's very possible everyone is perceiving different aspects of the same thing.
See also: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

Yes God exists, the false gods are from the time that God had abandon humanity after our banishment from Eden, ether aspects of the devil or imaginations of power hungry idiots.
after a while He decided that not all of humanity deserved to be damned he created Judaism as a way for us to save ourselves.
once He realized that we were too far gone for us to overcome our corruption on our own He sent down Jesus to do the hard part for us and created Christianity and that's it
Mohamed was the false prophet and getting into the different sects of Christianity would take to long, so there you go.

unitarian universalist are as bad as athiest. Fuck off hippie

Even weirder is the fact that the place where you are born is the deciding factor to what god or gods you devote your life to and never question.

Yes, there are many Gods that exist but the key is that you worship the correct God.

Attached: 64448E96-E5FA-4521-8D92-6A9FF5536476.jpg (863x1239, 1.51M)

When all your religious principles are so feel-good and pleasant, you may as well buy a big bag of fortune cookies and call that your scriptures. Wake me up when the unitarians stick to even one single belief that isn't 100% mainstream status quo (((degeneracy))).

Attached: jesus.png (505x551, 466K)

Buddhism is older and therefor better

>Every culture on earth has always known a God exists
>This means God doesn't exist
sage

Attached: 1531959894583.png (800x750, 157K)

>He is One with Jesus Christ (the Son of Man) and with the Holy Spirit.

I don't think this is true.

Attached: fail1225.jpg (860x522, 147K)

They're all real. Their believers are their champions who represent the Gods and their various principles and morals in the mortal realm

>the place where you are born is the deciding factor to what god or gods you devote your life to and never question.
Really? There's only one religion to choose from in each country? Tell me more.

Attached: 1518033687029.jpg (400x387, 22K)

Fuck off shill. Not all religions are the same, nor had the same outcomes. Go practice Hinduism in India, or fucking Vodoo/Heresy hybrids in fucking Africa. If you could, you could go back to the Aztec or Pagan era and murder some kids as sacrifice before the fucking rape murder raid on your neighbors.

not in it's current form or any other for a long time, buddhism is a bastard mutt of religions
and the worst kind of mutt too, the kind that's so diluted you have no idea what makes it up anymore
the only incite you have on it is that it is some kind of religion, but you aren't even sure of that it might just be some kind of ugly cat.

They are all real, but only the Christian God is the true God. The other gods are just demons.

If you actually pry deeper into Jesus's teachings (especially the Sermon on the Mount), you'll find they're actually far more enlightening than Buddhism. Buddhism is basically what you'd get if you took the Sermon on the Mount, stripped all the moral commandments out of it, and then added a bunch of filler to make the remains fill up a large book.

Repent, for the kingdom of heaven will come when no-one expects it.

Attached: ItsOkayToBeChristian.jpg (640x651, 30K)

>doesn't have enough faith to believe in a creator
>has enough faith to believe life came from non-life

Attached: yikes.jpg (553x740, 29K)

Anyone who believes in God is an idiot. Look at the state of the world, you're literally worse than a lefty if you unironically believe in a god.

>despite the several major schism during the last 2000 years, Christianity is not bastardized
please

Jesus's teaching are just those of Buddhism neatly repackaged into Christianity

You know whats even better?
The old gods were more logical than God.
>Be all powerfull
>Create literraly anything from nothing
>Decide to create some rocks that float around a glowing rock
>Create some humans to play around with.
Or the best part about all of God that is
>Know everything and is everywhere and everything.
>That means God was with me when I took a big shit and he knew it even before he threw Satan into hell and he will know what my grandgrandgrandgrand children shit will look like because he will be that shit.
>10/10 would believe in again.

WULL, CUZ LIKE, MINE IS ***REAL*** BECAUSE I ***FEEL IT***.

HEH. GOT EM. CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT, I HAVE *FAITH* THAT I'M RIGHT.

HEH. CHECKM8 GAYTHEISTS LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

*dabs*
*ascends to eternal life in heaven*

Ricky Gervais is an unfunny femboy. He gets the rope

Attached: 14pictures.png (634x566, 22K)

Based and redpilled . God bless brother

Anyone who thinks a supreme being that created everything would only exist to serve you and get rid of all the bad things in your life is fucking retarded.

>bible is vague and inconsistent
>can be interpreted in thousands of ways
>most followers organize in a hierarchy of plebs to leaders with middle management in between
>church leaders use the money collected to invest in wall street and lobby local elected offices

remind me again why we don't tax organized religions? it's not like taxing them is suddenly going to corrupt government. you already have no hope of winning office if you're not in a church

Attached: 1845664879845.jpg (305x304, 19K)

Doesn't matter if god exist or not. Billions of people believe in a god or another and their beliefs affects the decisions they make in their lives. God, real or not has real impact on the world. Always had and always will. So yes, god is real. Humans make it real.

>god made niggers
>god made spics
>god made women retarded
Thanks god

>God is real because humans make it real
>Literraly described every religion ever

It's like the difference between a rusty old wheelbarrow and a stealth fighter jet. Buddhism, you meditate for 20 years and maybe get a glimpse of nirvana. Christ's teachings, you accept Jesus into your heart and He immediately fills you with the Holy Spirit and opens your eyes to the true kingdom of heaven all around us.

Attached: 1547129952654s.jpg (250x250, 10K)

I don't know
but I do know jews came up with religions and they're all liars

Based and redpilled

Christianity has separated into breeds like dogs, while non are the original wolf they are their own things and are (mostly) functional.
Unlike buddhism which is like if you mixed every dog breed together you still wouldn't have a wolf you'd have a genetic abomination that can barely function on its own and should be put down.

fpbp

>you accept Jesus into your heart and He immediately fills you with the Holy Spirit and opens your eyes to the true kingdom of heaven all around us.
Um no >

this

Atheists are retards. There’s and issue called the hard problem of consciousnesses that has one of two solutions. Either there’s profound natural phenomenon that science has no idea about or god exists. I don’t know what answer is right, but I’d you think you do you’re a retard.

>organic life has to begin on earth

actually we have good reason to believe life exists in other places in the universe and that it may have traveled to earth by chance.

Reminder that St. Aquinas proved God existed over 750 years ago.

Read more of the Summa Theologia here:
newadvent.org/summa/

Attached: firstway.jpg (700x6826, 600K)

>trying to fit God into your convenient little logic box
What's the point even? If it's so logical, you could just make it up yourself.

Scenario: You want to invade an enemy country and you're planning in advance. One map seller offers you a map which looks very confusing, with all sorts of roads and mountains and rivers and shit. The other offers you a map which is just a beautiful symmetric pattern painted on a soothing blue background. Which map do you buy?

Attached: IndependentBaptists.jpg (871x460, 97K)

Will this change your mind?

this and checked

God is the logical conclusion all philosophy eventually leads to whether you think God is a deity or not.

>an omnipotent god would not appear differently to different cultures over time to give them the guidance they need tailored for the unique challenges that culture faces and fit within their cultural archetypes

Attached: 200000000.png (1542x927, 336K)

>jesus was jew
>his mother was a "virgin"

is Christianity literally a religion of cucks?

There is only one God. Perhaps there are 3000 ways people have interpreted him?

Attached: Elephant.jpg (993x295, 104K)

>Does God really exist?
humans are gods
so no.

I am an atheist and have been all my life. Joining a few atheist organizations made me realize how much I hate them all as a whole.

The Old Testament evolved out of all those old religions and are the words of wisdom that remain.

Listen to Jordan Peterson's lectures on the Bible or at least follow Frederick Nietzsche

The Psychological Significance of the Biblical Stories: Genesis: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat

Attached: slide_226334_974517_free.jpg (671x1000, 544K)

Actually, you're just a faggot

>Trying to change the subject with a irellevant argumen
How about i ask you this:
Why do you believe in God if everything we describe him is wrong?
I mean think about it you describe an illogical being with logical terms that you as an individual accept but when those logical terms are debated you just say you don't understand.
How do you believe in a being that is described in a wrong way??

we don't worship joseph bruh

You're a cuck. We're all cucks. So you'd better be glad there's a religion for cucks. Cuz if you take a religion like Paganism which is strictly just for chads, well, bad news: you ain't Chad!

Attached: RepentZoomer.jpg (443x455, 96K)

>The Old Testament evolved out of all those old religions and are the words of wisdom that remain.
>Forgets about romans and all others religions before god aka BC.

Exactly, but I do believe all of the advise against degeneracy is there for a reason.

Attached: DrJDUnwin.png (1121x1401, 233K)

Why? Hes literally right
Only God is Christian God

This is ironically the right answer and you totally missed it, even though your answer was right....

How... how does someone make an igorant statement as clever as this, but then uses it sarcastically?

Describe which one we should follow and not the religion I created just now which is just as valid

>You can't

>tfw been Christian all my life
Protestantism. doesn't. count.

Dogma and lithurgy matters.

Attached: jesus.jpg (960x960, 159K)

That quote is easy to BTFO.
I believe in god, not in religion, silly.

So which one is right

Thats the point you dumb christcuck

kek that perfectly describes the entirety of Jow Forums and reactionary ideology. they move from one boogeyman to the next: the blacks, the mexicans, the jews, the SJWs. meanwhile enlightened commies have always focused on the wealthy elite

There’s 3,000,000 gods in Hinduism alone. Spiffing factual awareness, Richard.
He’s thick as pig shit anyway, have you heard him? Look up his first incarnation of fame in a boy band in the 80’s if you want a good laugh, it’s unironically the only one he’ll ever provide.

Those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Attached: Кошелев_Николай_Голова_Христа.jpg (836x1134, 250K)

sure, if you're desperate to the point of delusion

Christianity is mainly a tool to control the masses. There are as many religions as there are humans, so to pretend that one religion is somehow purer than another is just ridiculous.

Which god?

your personal god? Does everyone have one, does he grant you 72 virgins when you die?

I don't see where he mentioned anything about Earth

t. Braindead Pastor Jim Bible Church protestant

Attached: 2a121f1d8243be6104fff1391f56821f16052bb44b2bc844060fd46fce45654c_1~2.jpg (1080x1155, 125K)

Another way of phrasing Gervais's argument there is "If everybody else is wrong, I guess that proves I can't be right."

Does not strike me as compelling, but you do you.

Spot the other genius in the thread. Wew! Richard has competition

Person: “you know what? Something about this world doesn’t seem right, everything is designed to lie and deceive people, there must be an explanation for this!”
*turns to the largest establishment religion*
“Wow this possibly couldn’t be a lie! I’ll read the Bible!”
*reads god killing millions mandating slavery and encouraging rape, circumcision, forbids harmless acts that feel good, and is responsible for the majority of human suffering*
“Yep! All checks out! I don’t even need evidence to believe this is authentic"
>Skill lost: Critical Thinking.

Attached: _103897772_npc_meme_1.jpg (660x371, 27K)

you worship a jew. the founder of your religion was born of a cuck marriage. Christianity is quite literally a religion of cucks

While that's an interesting theory, still life from non-life. Literally. LIFE from NON-LIFE. It's impossible.

Just god, you know, the notion of if there were a god? That one, the one that existed.

Because I have a personal relationship with Him. I have seen him with my own two eyes. You probably won't believe that, until it happens to you too. There is no other way to understand God. No rational argument will lead you to Him, only Jesus will lead you to Him.

'Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven."' (Matthew 16:16-17)

Attached: 1547080338000.jpg (750x937, 127K)

Wow. When he puts it that way...

>If everyone is dying because they ate the red berry I guess I will not die

That's why I like the Old Treatment. Instead of chucking it because it was supposedly all written by Jews, we should appreciate it's all that's left out of thousand of years of civilizations and take their advice.

We could even call it the church of Fredrick Nietzsche

The Psychological Significance of the Biblical Stories: Genesis: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 43K)

Pic related.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Attached: drama.png (740x212, 28K)

>which God
If I believe in monotheism, then I only believe in one God to begin with. Your question only works on polytheistic religions, like Hinduism. Otherwise, you are deliberately confusing people out of syntax.

>I believe in only one god
>Therefore your argument is invalid
>10/10 logic right here

If life has not yet made you desperate to the point of delusion and beyond, then just wait. Trying to go it alone without Christ, you WILL reach that point, believe me :)

Attached: 1546973388571.jpg (415x500, 54K)

>mfw Atheists show that Jesus is despised by the world, thus proving Christian teachings correct

Attached: scotch_drinker.jpg (2000x1922, 173K)

It was the Bible that stopped children from being molested in Rome and Greece.

Attached: Greece_AfterTheBall-p367.png (1047x833, 1.27M)

He has basically the (wrong) concept that of all invented gods you must choose one, in the case of a predetermined religion, shit's offensive and makes the questioned person look like an npc, but when it comes to belief in god rejecting religion, shit doesn't work so well.

It basically is a jack of all trades atheist answer that is designed to be smug, the problem is, it won't end your suffering on earth nor guarantee that you will survive life, like any atheist argument, really.

>listening to Gervais
>and this damaging your faith
Top kek, how pathetic.

Not even Christian, but this argument is retarded. Can't say I'm surprised, though, Gervais has always been a moron.

>Does God really exist?
I believe so, yes. Look into the subject. Eventually you'll see that there is more reason to support the existence of at least one god than there is to believe in an atheistic universe.

Allah is also despised by the world

>mfw pedos are despised by the world thus showing they're rape as being justified

>So which one is right
>Christcuck
You assume I'm a christian but you're going to ask me which religion is true? What is it about atheism that makes people so fucking stupid?
Jesus traveled for years performing miracles for thousands of people. He had a public execution and rose from the grave for everyone to see. Christianity is unique because it was spread by the public. It wasn't like Muhammad claiming he can see Gabriel or Joseph Smith claiming he found the seer stones. I believe in Christianity because it's obviously the truth and the other religions are obviously wrong.

The old gods were more logical than God.
>Be all-powerful
>Create literally anything from nothing
>Decide to create some rocks that float around a glowing rock
>Create some humans to play around with.
Or the best part about all of God that is
>Know everything and is everywhere and everything.
>That means God was with me when I took a big shit and he knew it even before he threw Satan into hell and he will know what my grandgrandgrandgrand children shit will look like because he will be that shit.
>10/10 would believe in again.
There is no free will as there is nothing to chose from when God knows it all and heaven is just a zoo where god keeps ya because he doesn't want to share his goodies.

if i'm ever that desperate, there are more meaningful and direct options

>millions of religions proven wrong by science throughout the history of humanity
>BUT MINE IS CORRECT ALL OTHERS ARE WRONG

what are the odds? the only ones still around are the cuck ones who stayed so vague and obscure so that they can't be proven wrong because they don't make any definitive claims of divine presence or evidence of it.

I think he's saying that it's awful convenient that the religion your parents were is the same religion you will most likely be in, and it happens to be the 'right' religion. Not many people switch religions completely in their life.

These fucking pedophiles are starting to take over again because it was the Bible that kept them in check.

A young person doesn't have enough life experience to necessarily understand right from wrong. If the pedophiles in the universities tell people this is sexual liberation and not pedophilia, they don't necessarily know any better.

Attached: BraveNewWorld.jpg (873x1196, 197K)

>LIFE from NON-LIFE. It's impossible.
Can you define life or non-life?