Name one good thing about this state

Name one good thing about this state.

Lived in central Illinois for nearly 25 years and absolutely hated nearly everything about it except some of the hospitable Midwesterners and live events in Chicago.

The extensive corruption and gun violence as well as inflated tax rates and corrupt law enforcement make this place a cess pool of shit. Don't forget either that more than half the year it's below freezing.

Flat land and corn fields. That's the best it's got. Farmers heaven.

Anyone currently live in Illinois or have lived there? What are your honest opinions of the area?

Attached: illinois.jpg (1000x1080, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-rauner-gay-wedding-20180712-story.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've heard the nigger situation in Chicago is like something out of The Walking Dead.
And that the property taxes are like anal rape.

Alright OP, i want you to be honest with yourself and then write out what you like and what you don't like about the state.

Seems like a cozy state when you take out the nigger problem right? i've heard great things about visiting Chicago.

Sorta looks like Trump

Attached: 3DC9C182-B65E-4956-94A6-B7B13A419DF6.jpg (573x619, 19K)

i live here. fuck this place. when i join the air force to save money i will never go back

Take away Chicago and it would actually be a pretty decent place. Our winters are not nearly as harsh as states farther north and our summers are not nearly as harsh as the south.

Outside of the cities people are pretty decent, crime isn't so bad, and cost of living is reasonable. If it wasn't for Chicago, we'd basically be MO.

Attached: 1487126545189.jpg (657x527, 38K)

Attached: 1920.jpg (1920x939, 199K)

They filmed Shameless there!

lived here my whole life.
just end this place

Attached: mid.png (2048x1152, 492K)

i agree bro. It sucks hardcore. My sister was actually telling me about that photo you posted. That Illinois was going to dissent off into the neighboring states.

Fuck off bloomington retarded faggot
Literally best city is Champaign

Attached: doip.jpg (400x398, 33K)

Living comfy in Kenilworth, Illinois.....3rd richest zip code in america....20 mins north of the city on Lake Michigan. High school New Trier is like 50% jewish but Kenilworth bans jews and blacks.

I live in Naperville. #1 safest city in the USA. Google it.
Chicago is just a bunch of niggers killing each other, and they aren't allowed in the nicer parts of Chicago.
Illinois isn't that bad.

I lived in Champaign xD LOL

You like that dump?

I’ve heard really good things about Naperville. Too bad your taxes are going to ruin you to bailout the State pensions.

Daily reminder. And before you try to point out the latest gubernatorial, a ton of republicans just stayed home because Rauner didn’t even want to fucking win.

Attached: FC6AA420-8EB8-4D07-954F-4A8AFA6B24A2.png (150x270, 22K)

Attached: 1547082093187.png (480x390, 144K)

whats up UIUC anons

I dropped out of college at U of I because I got triple teamed by a drinking problem, not being able to pay tuition anymore and an urbana art thot breaking my heart

whats good

I genuinely hate that place

Attached: 1547666558501.jpg (580x548, 34K)

Seems to be turning the neighbouring states red due to people leaving.

I have no problem paying outrageous taxes to live in the #1 place in the world.

No niggers, no spics, no dumb southern rednecks, just based polish/Irish/German here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Chicago would be one of the best places to live in this world if it was all white and no niggers.

same here

Attached: Naper20171-e1494612779370.jpg (1600x1008, 277K)

I think there is a power imbalance between the city and state authorities in some states. Illinois is a prime example. So are NYC and Detroit. I think the solution is redrawing the states borders and creating new states to redistribute power so that populations can be governed effectively. The populations are all spread around weirdly now.

Attached: 1538682567141.png (1267x785, 99K)

Fucking hell, spread that shit.

Attached: laughing jap.png (518x584, 532K)

The cubs

>Lived in central Illinois for
What town OP? Normal here.

Lucky fucking you. All the blacks are coming down to Central Illinois from Chicago and the projects and the shootings have escalated in the smaller big towns of Illinois. It's getting bad bro. Sorry Naperville is an island oasis from the rest of the states problems.

Come to Naperville or Tinley Park or Homer Glen. Not a single nigger.

You just have to find the right town. The city is a shitty place to live. When you visit Chicago, just stick to the touristy locations.

Grew up near Pekin. Used to be based level of racism. Now nothing but nigs n meth heads. State government was always shit.

Lived there for thirteen years myself. It's an absolute fucking shithole, every penny of state funding is squandered on welfare gibs for Chicago niggers. Southern Illinois is especially desolate. You could not pay me enough money to go back.

I'm moving there next year for grad school

Based Pekin Chinks

Lived there until about 6 years ago. I miss it.
Chicago is pretty segregated. It’s like zombie apocalypse in the ghetto parts, though.

Homer Glen is 99% white. Family lives there.
No apartments, barely any condos.
Just $300k+ houses

High property tax though.

Niggers can't even shop here without getting pulled over by police. Very based.

I heard they put niggers in the public schools in Naperville? Down past 75th/Bailey area had nigs when I was there.

>central IL
Description sounds like the south suburbs. Central IL starts in the shithole of Peoria thank you very much. Go lower than that and it's pretty cool, but still just flat and corn.

Good fucking luck man. I really do wish you the best. Your biggest problem is going to be all the potholes on Bradley and finding something to do. Campus is cool. They have a small downtown that has a couple good restaurants but other than that Champaign is shit.

I agree. My sister lives in an apartment in the city and it's very nice around where she is but I'm sure the rent is super high.
I love how segregated Chicago is, its super safe if you're in the right parts but make a few wrong turns and you're going to get shot/raped/robbed/stabbed/get dabbed on by Tyrone.

This, Rauner was an absolutely spineless faggot, he kept trying appeal to the progressives in Chicago and basically told the people who elected him in the first place to go fuck themselves.
chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-rauner-gay-wedding-20180712-story.htm

Attached: ct-met-rauner-gay-wedding-20180712.jpg (1024x576, 152K)

I have seen truly amazing levels of niggerdry in Peoria. Morton was decent, last I knew. The little towns around there are pretty cool.

>This, Rauner was an absolutely spineless faggot,
IL politics is dirty. He was a ringer from the start.

Not sure I grew up in Homer Glen and we only had 2-3 black kids in our graduating junior high class of 500. (8th grade)

When I went to highschool there was about 20 black kids in our graduating class of 1000. Still not bad.

Champaign here user.

there was project housing next to my neighborhood for a couple of years but then some she-boon started the whole complex on fire because she left her oven on to heat her place. hasn't been rebuilt

Elmhurst is pretty good too

a) Downsides:

>1) weather sucks
>2) lots of mainland chinese students
>3) lots of annoying suburban chicagoan thots and bros
>4) don't walk home drunk by yourself/just you and a girl unless you want to get jumped and robbed by nigs

b) Upsides:

>1) good scene if you're into mediocre live local music with a heavy dose of heroin/binge drinking or really any other kind of nihilistic substance abuse
>2) some pretty damn good chinese restaurants [see a2)]
>3) lots of shitty bars to pick up dumb suburban chicagoan thots [see a3) and b2)]

Attached: der thot.jpg (403x577, 62K)

Lemont is also anti black with mostly Euros

>[see a3) and b1***)]

god damn it

Danville, IL here.

Please kill me.

Please...I'm begging you.

Attached: dvegas.jpg (3600x2399, 2.84M)

The dregs only make it out to the nice parts on drinking holidays when the cops are busy. I stopped an attempted mugging at 4am in Lincoln Park a few years back. Heard a woman screaming, I started jogging up to the scene and yelled "hey!". The 2 beaners ran off. Which was great because all I had was a 4" blade. They could have easily beat my ass. Reminder to always be properly strapped.

BloNo > Chambana
t. ISUfag

Attached: i.png (500x500, 53K)

omg and checked

Downstater; North of I-80 is ok in parts. Not a fan. They should be their own state since they are a economic and political drain on the rest of the state. Peoria got and continues to get the throwaways dumped on them by Chicago. I like the people in Central Illinois. Not a whole lot to do around here, but the majority of the people are pretty cool to get along with. I like it, but the taxes, politics, and overall economy is shit. Pretty much forgotten about, but people get up everyday and do their thing. It's home.

>Dvegas
100% chance you're a nigger or juggalo

Attached: illinois.png (1319x335, 84K)

What are your thoughts on Peru, Illinois? No niggers, low crime, high average income because of the farming community. Just needs better restaurants and more to do and it could grow. Plus it's right next to Starved Rock.

Did you know that 2.9 million people visited Starved Rock in 2018? Only 2.4 million people visited the Art Institute of Chicago for comparison.

that looks like shitsville 1999

You don't like picking up thots while also enjoying some authentic Oriental cuisine?

I live in Lakeview, which is a nice little area near the lake just north of the downtown. It's mostly affluent white people up here and there are great restaurants, lots of things to do, and so many beautiful women.

The downside is that the occasional nigger wanders up here, but its more rare than you'd think. Reality is people pretty much stay in their racial zones in Chicago. As much as I read about crime I've lived here 9 years and never had a problem.

Literally surrounded by tards.
Campus is meh at best, if you were active or something you'd go outside and see the good parks and what not.
Literally best and fastest growing city in Illinois that feels like a good place.
Unlike depressing Peoria and shitty bloomington (cept for airport).
Chicago is basically a shit hole that only people frkm there like.

Attached: 1539843104792.gif (382x498, 2.41M)

That user just described everything I've seen living just outside of Peoria for 21 years, it's too fucking real...

That pic is only a few years old, but I could walk outside and take another pic and it would look the exact same. Actually...it's somewhat worse now.

We literally have a higher crime rate than Chicago, we just have a smaller population.

Attached: fffuuuuuuuuuuuuu.png (1481x625, 356K)

Oh no doubt it's still a good idea to be armed if within 50 miles of Chicago or Joliet.

Our zookeepers can only do so much to contain the monkeys where they belong.

We would have zero violence in these white towns, but Jewish media has tricked people into thinking Tyrone is a human being.

They see an escaped nigger and are too hesitant to call police in fear of being labeled a racist.

6% of population but 95% of violent crime in Illinois is done by a black male.

It's not racism it's race realism. Being aware of statistics =/= racism.

Illinois just needs more redpilling.

Have fun when state farm leaves and bmi looses everything.
Chambana is growing.

Krekels cheeseburgers.

Highly doubtful State Farm is going to leave, they aren't going to pull a CAT and move up north.

I'm from Peoria anyways so IDC what happens here, I only have 1 year left

Lot's of fat people here. If zombies attack, I have a good chance of just walking away without concern.

Attached: zombina.jpg (275x183, 11K)

I was born and raised in Chicago, still live in one of the collar counties. I have very conflicted feelings about this state, I have fond memories and friends all over the state, but I’m sick and tired of all the shit. The taxes are out of control, and I’m having trouble paying property taxes. Also, I’ve watched white neighborhoods turn brown, and even though they were poor before they didn’t have the violence we see now. Hell I’ve been shot at when I was walking to an El stop from a friends place. My sister live in a nice part of Lakeview, and they’ve been dealing with burglaries. She walked in on some nigger jumping out of a window. If she was any earlier she would’ve been shot.

Also may be related but we have our Deep Dish pizza. I got a gluten sensitivity but I'll take the pain in the gut for the next day for it.

Attached: Deep dish hell ya.jpg (1620x1080, 711K)

>one good thing
Corn tastes better than Indiana's.

Stereotypical WASP from Barrington coming through.

Chambana and Naperville are the only good towns it seems like. But even Champaign is getting black as fuck! A lot more shootings too.

Help me! The only thing this town has is liquor stores, heroin, and gang shootings!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: likkerstore.jpg (500x391, 209K)

Actually that was back when she lived in Beuna Park, needless to say she moved the fuck out of there

Is Borg Warner still in Decatur?

Another shout out to Krekels cheeseburgers and Central Illinois smashburgers on the whole.

Go South, user. Southern Illinois is basically Northern Dixie; all rural folks, few niggers, cheap cost of living.

illinois is always one of those states together with indiana and iowa that is used in horror movies and good older (children's) TV shows

that's about it

Attached: amerimutt.png (98x126, 34K)

My company owns a big retail center in Lemont. People always miss this town, it has a fairly high average income and a very white population, but for some reason lots of retailers skip it because they are either high end and targeting super rich white and jew areas or low end and only want niggers and spics. Upper middle class whites get no respect!

Any Bellevilleniggers here?

I can't stand Illinois on the whole. It does have some great food (best soil anywhere), hunting, fishing, and natural scenery.
La Rue Pine Hills
Giant City
Garden of the Gods
Cache River Swamp
Lake Kinkaid..and a gazillion other lakes
etc.

Attached: dpg9ny-d3628074-9a1e-49cf-9df4-66b471ad583b.jpg (1024x768, 206K)

Borg Warner left in 89' so no
CAT and ADM pretty much are the big players there

This ship is sinking. 40 years of Democrat stranglehold has done irreparable damage and Pritzker is going to kill it. If you are a conservative then flee while you can. Illinois is doomed in the next 5 years.

The Midway airport is cheaper than my local airport. That's it. That's the only good thing.

Naperville is nice, and there’s some nice towns along the Fox river. Also Galena is comfy af

nothing i can think of

I'm working on a $30MM development project in Peru, IL. There is hope!

Staleys still around? I guess I can look this stuff up myself. When I was in college I used to drive up to Decatur to lay gas lines in the Decatur Foundry. Surprised it hasn't blown up yet. I made the measurements, chose the diameters, drop offs, cut the black iron, and layed it in. Worked 30 hour weekends..great gig.

Geneva is a great town too, surprisingly good restaurants for a Suburb.

A scenic view of Danville, IL's main street. Literally right next to the courthouse and the police station is a block over.

Don't worry, you can still get mugged right in front of the courthouse.

Also, this pic is misleading. Most of those buildings are abandoned or burnt down as of 2019.

Attached: mainstreet.jpg (1024x674, 538K)

>If it wasn't for Chicago, we'd basically be MO
Trips of East St. Louis truth.

good eye there, satan

That's crazy. I won a state diving championship in Danville. Fuck I am getting old.

Reminds me of downtown Galesburg

Attached: Galesburg_.jpg (1024x683, 173K)

digis confirm trumps antichrist.

DESU I lived here for a bit now (from Texas originally) and been exercising more often and eating better. Also don't really drink; it honestly depends on how you go about your life. I don't mind where I live, but might end up going back to Texas once weed is legal.
Also, we aren't in Canada

Attached: CanadianBoomerSip1080x675.png (1080x675, 355K)

too bad about being right next to Aurora, tho'. hell, when gentrification in the city pushed out all the nogs, they all landed along the Fox River.

>Kenilworth bans jews
[citation needed]

I lived on the north and west side of chicago for a decade, chiraq is not a meme, fucking warzone shithole. That being said it is still americas greatest city. If you are bored in chicago you are a pussy brainlet.

I went to college in Illinois. Pic related. It was great there back in the day.

Attached: siuc.jpg (586x241, 30K)

>IL politics is dirty
What what what? When did this happen?

Attached: 1533773163993.jpg (620x700, 48K)