What are good arguments for the way of living that existed before the industrial revolution...

What are good arguments for the way of living that existed before the industrial revolution? Is it a fallacious meme when people say pre-industrial people worked nonstop each and every day?

Attached: UncleTed.jpg (259x194, 11K)

in some ways we should in other ways we shouldn't.
we need advanced weapons and tech for protection against other nations but pretty much everything else could go back and wed be healthier and happier.

Attached: 44213548621_e6e8504cb0_b.jpg (682x1024, 522K)

we work much more now then historically.

this has been studied from hunter gatherer societies all the way up to the modern age.

Can you source that, please?

Sorry but I'd rather my kids not die of a fucking fever.

Even if they worked more, their quality of life was far greater than we modern folk can imagine ... just because the air, water and environment was of better quality to begin with. All quality of life rests on the quality of the environ, The industrial revolution has rendered every environ toxic.

>we need advanced weapons and tech for protection
If you lived the way we lived pre-industrial revolution, there would be no need for advanced weapons because they wouldn't exist. Man would go on killing man in all the crude fashions he has used for millennia.

Attached: N. C. Wyeth APOTHEOSIS OF THE FAMILY.png (2250x1016, 3.49M)

“Industrial Society and Its Future”

Of course it was better today mr shekelstein gives you two days off to enjoy ur kids and anything else. Then its back to slaving away for mr shekelstein. I laugh at all you retards to sit in traffic and work your measley jobs just for a few shekels. That is no way to live you are completley jewed. As well as the money you make is jew monopoly money and is worthless as well as you cant buy anything and can only pay bills cause jew feds cause inflation. Modern age is the absolute shit and i cant wait for its collapse.

yes im sure shekelburg goldstein and his pill company will help you with that fever.
why even use God given plants when we can just buy pills

>Sorry
You are, no doubt. Kys, meme flag.

Stone Age Economics, Marshall Sahlins.

>quality of life was far greater than we modern folk can imagine.

Yeah freezing every winter, using outhouses, walking/riding horses everywhere, dying before 40 and having 2/3 of your children die in infancy sounds like a great quality of life.

>Is it a fallacious meme when people say pre-industrial people worked nonstop each and every day?
Yes. It depends on the civilization.
In the US, they did only work about 60 hours a week.

Where is this?

It is. But that's because work was seasonal. In the seasons were the fields had to be prepared for planting, and when it was time to harverst, work was really demanding. But in the rest of the year, there wasn't that much labour to do.
Also, there were usually lot's of holy days and religious festivities (varying from religion to religion, of course) to keep people content and placated.

>quality of life was far greater than we modern folk can imagine
Yeah, no. You can say they had more meaning and purpose but you can't in good faith say that.

You aren't fit to be a human. Dogs have more right to exist. Kys before you add your weak genes to the pool.

What if the God given plant only grows on china and you live in the US?
You do realize that either your great grandparent or your grandparents if you live in an underdeveloped region of the world had to deal with a ton of infant mortality right? Like, if yours still alive ask him and he'll probs tell you how he lost like 10 brothers and sisters or some tragic shit like that. And that was the norm.
You can go innawoods anytime, dont need to destroy society just because you suck at life m8.

>you can't in good faith say that
I just did.

I understand your environmental arguments. I agree those things were better. Would you honestly trade those for all the advancements we’ve made?

Most hunter/gatherers work like 10 hours/week.
The yanomamo in the amazon, for example, sit arpund chewing tobacco and,huffing tree bark all day, only working in the cooler parts of the day.

Spoken like a true "lazy spic." Cultures around the equator have life on easy mode. You niggers literally always have food around. Once you conquer keeping the bugs and large cats away, you're set. Don't even have to have fire, except maybe to cook.
That shit does not work in the Cold, and our cultures literally had to work 10 hours a day, every day. And, in fact, that's why we whipped your asses when we showed up in easy land (if we didn't get sick and die of a weeping bacterial infection).

>Would you honestly trade those for all the advancements we’ve made
In a minute. God made man. God put everything man needs here with man. Man's attempts to improve on God's work will only end in disaster. It's happening whilst we speak.

newfag, learn how to reverse google search
>he doesn't know about different climate growing zones or green houses
>implying we can't carry over esoteric knowledge from the modern day when reverting back to living in a simpler way.
look at permaculture, the best example of combining the information age with simple living.

Attached: image8.jpg (940x399, 224K)

Excluding war-time, pre-1948 America had to be the peak for white men. We had all the necessary modern luxuries without all the poison. Things were made to last, not for profit. Social values, while unfair for minorities, were totally geared in our favor. I guess what I'm really saying is, The Roaring 20s was the bees knees.

Attached: image.jpg (250x319, 23K)

Well good luck to, Alaska might be your best bet. I believe God intends for us to progress. I admit we are facing rough times spiritually right now but it’ll make us stronger in the end. Endure till the end brother.

>I believe God intends
Yes - do as thou wilt, as is all the rage today. However, our purpose is to 'be fruitful and multiply'. Tough to do when the food chain is disappearing. Lemme know how we progress with no fresh, nutritious food, k?

>no fresh, nutritious food
Forgot to add 'affordable'. Lol.

>Social values, while unfair for minorities
except they weren't. the minority groups, while not always welcome in the social places of the whites, had their own businesses, their own churches, complete homes with fathers, and their own universities. the irony is that all the shitholes of the US where ghetto shootings happen every day and babymomma got 5 daddies, all of those are operated by the people who claim to be doing the most to progress laws and conditions for minorities. what is going on? they gave minorities the vote, gave them food, and ... those minorities suck at self-governance?!?
where in the world would we find examples of brown skinned people who suck at making peaceful cultures?
also, whites are a global minority, and I'm thinking globally now, nigga.

b&rp

Medieval farmers had genuine off-seasons where they couldn't work the land because they were waiting for crops to grow or were waiting throughout the winter.
Also they didn't have to work as hard as we do just to cover taxes. The Romans maintained a 0,01% tax for centuries which meant people only HAD to work two days in a year.
When public expenditure increased dramatically with bread and circuses the tax rate went up, and wise people weren't paying it so the rates climbed more, the denarii started being devalued until it paid more to go to the city and enjoy free bread and circuses than it was to work the land, and inevitably Rome fell because of it.

Wouldn’t progress be fruitful? I’m not saying progress like a liberal. I mean learning how to balance humanity and earth. It seems to me we should be able to manage both. Also I’m not a “do as thou wilt” type person. A natural man is an enemy of God.

>Medieval farmers had genuine off-seasons where they couldn't work the land because they were waiting for crops to grow or were waiting throughout the winter.
Rome is basically one step from from an equator culture. Medieval farmers in the north of Europe, who didn't have the Mediterranean or Atlantic to temper the seasons, had to work even during the "off seasons," because that was when you gathered wood, fixed your roof, sheered and spun your wool, etc. etc. And when trading became a thing (instead of viking raiding), it was the time spent to create a clock to sell to your neighbor who created a dozen pair of shoes for your family.
Only the people living near the Equator, or living little more than animals in stick huts, have had short work day cultures.
And the US has never had a short workday culture, which is why we were on top. The land f the north american continent was not uncontested. we won because we worked for it.

Well then that just ties up all the loose ends of your utter retardation.

>Wouldn’t progress be fruitful?
And what fruit has our progress brought to bear? A garbage patch of plastic twice the size of Texas spinning around in the pacific and is only one of many? The bottom of the food chain - insects and planktons - are disappearing. Air and water are contaminated with micro-plastics and heavy metal and carcinogenic particulates. Natural weather cycles that plants, animals and insects depend on for life are broken. Soils are depleted of trace minerals necessary for a healthy body and the food that is grown is increasingly genetically fucked with - to what end, no one knows because it's never been done before. Joseph Mengele had nothin' on the Frankenstein's we churn out of universities and the military daily and he could only dream of the atrocities that are created in global corp. laboratories in the name of progress. The list could go on and on and on - this is what progress looks like. This is what (((profits))) look like. This is what living outside of nature looks like.

How thoughtful of you. Ta.

In a lot of ways we can gain insight to pre-industrial society from several groups, one of which is the amish. They have much lower rates of mental illness compared to modern populations most likely do to a more peaceful way of life, gender roles, societal roles, homogenous society, and so forth. I haven't looked much into how much work is actually done in pre-industrial vs industrial society but from what I've read supposedly pre-industrial societies had more free time in general. Some seasons may be long hours of farming basically sunrise to sunset but than other seasons are very easy like winter time where not much farm work can be done so you do other house hold tasks.