Was the American Frontier "The Wild West" the greatest period in world history?

Was the American Frontier "The Wild West" the greatest period in world history?

Attached: o-the-wild-west.jpg (750x972, 321K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0112817
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably one of the best romanticized periods in world history. As for reality, I wasn't around.

Did you live in it?
It's very romanticized like any other era gone past.

I know it was romanticized but can you imagine being a cowboy with a family, living off the land and truly being self reliant? That's true freedom.

The west only lasted about 40 years. Most people wore bowler hats not Stetsons. Wagon trains were full of people who had no way of bathing and wore the same heavy clothing. Plus they had dysentery from unclean water. Natives were disgusted by their hygiene. Gunfights at high noon never happened. Most gunfights were over card games by drunk add cowboys. Women were ugly as shit. No qt's wanted to go west bc it was a rough life. It was nothing like the Hollywood movies.

depends for who. I'd say the great discoveries period was the best

>true freedom
Until you witness your wife and kids get brutally scalped and limbs stretched out by natives. Yeah.. True Freedom!

American, Australian, Canadian, New Zealander, and South African culture was forged on the frontier, and it’s what differentiates us from the rest of the world. It’s where man’s one limit was nature, and where western civilization faced off barbarism, and where opportunity was there for those who sought it away from the developed segments of society.

Nearly all Americans are either descendants of immigrants with a memory of a recent past of attempting to escape some shithole, or descendants of the frontier, and I feel that those two qualities are what truly defines the United States of America. We might not be pure or refined, but we were tempered in some mad shit, and the true representatives of this country are those who are only a few generations from a farm settled at one point on the frontier. Everyone else has developed out from East Coast, developed, urban degeneracy.

But what if that doesnt happen? You bring up the most extreme what if and project it.

You're writing as if all other cultures came to already tamed lands. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Come visit Norway, see what my ancestors had to tame here on the western coast.
You got flat plains everywhere to grow food and whatnot. We have mountainsides with grass on and a steep 300m drop into the fucking sea.

Stop romanticizing everything.

I wish i could bang women like that.

T. Guy who love women’s unhygienic smell.

This isn't a dick measuring contest, I just think it would have been great to love during that time and raise a family without the technology we have today. Sure there were plenty hardships but I think it would have been worth it to struggle through and experience true freedom.

Pretty based film to cure Old West romanticism: Dead Man (1995) imdb.com/title/tt0112817
A fantasy film but it portrays it as brutal and chaotic, which the frontier was

You mention 5 cultures as "forged on the frontier" when every single other fucking culture except for the non-cultures in Africa were "forged on the frontier". My point is it's not special.

I didn't mention shit, that was someone else.

It was miserable. Life was hard as hell and people dropped like flies.

People who wish they were part of the old west are the same breed of nerd who thinks they'd be king in a zombie apocalypse. In reality the success stories are few and far between, for most people like was as short as it was shitty, and it's far more likely that would be the hand you were dealt if you were there.

>brutal and chaotic
That's part of what made it great, it was unpredictable. You try to raise a family, teach your son to be a man in a world of utter chaos.

Ya because life is so great now wage cucking on auto pilot until you retire at 65 and love yoir last years sitting in your children's house until they ship you to an old folks home because you're a burden.

It is special. It led up to the medium you are using right now and its epicenter is as far west as the US stretches. Not saying the others arent noble but if you say the Old West isnt special you are wrong
>pic related, he shot a man just for snoring

Attached: johnwesleyhardin-500.jpg.jpg (288x500, 39K)

The advantage the United States had was a built-in empire of resources in the great western expanse. Compared to the empire building European powers had to do the US had a relatively easy time (aside from the Civil War and Indians). That allowed America to make a second empire closer to what European countries had with the Caribbean and Pacific holdings.

Most people can't fathom a life of hunting daily or starving. Or the average age a sheriff lived to was 21. A life expectancy of maybe 40 years old. Many cowboys died from falling off their horses. My aunt lives on the Reno side of Donner pass. Those people were only 6 miles from civilization when they decided to eat each other.

>teach your son to be a man in a world of utter chaos.
KEK. Thats about all the pol I can handle for one day. Happy trails

>Ya because life is so great now wage cucking on auto pilot until you retire at 65 and love yoir last years sitting in your children's house until they ship you to an old folks home because you're a burden.
Cynical choice of language, but yeah, that's a hell of a lot better than no air conditioning, running water or modern medicine. Things aren't perfect but I promise you, you'd miss the perks of your shitty life if they were gone. The novelty of roughing it wears off after less than a month.

The Wild West never ended. You still carry guns and you still have shootouts in public on a daily basis.

Attached: 1432316911221.png (191x215, 3K)

It was full of homosexuality.

Are you upset? Or you literally can't right now?

No, it really was full of homosexuality due to the male/female ratio. So men bummed possums and other men.

Yeeeeha

Well no shit you're going to miss things if you knew about them and traveled back in time. I'm talking about being born in that period of time and living through it. You could literally murder people and get away with it.

Getting spyphillis from a mining town hooker, working with chinamen in hours of labour to lay down rail tracks, building and living out of a house made of sod and getting shot through the heart by an apache arrow doesn't sound all that appealing user.

The world is full of ass fuckers now, what's your point?

I have no citations about fagottry back then but there was a lot of prostitution then. Not just white women. A lot of Chinese girls were sold into prostitution.

>You could literally murder people and get away with it.
And finally the truth comes out about your motivations and what sort of person you are.

Peace out, user. I hope you find a way to shake that chip off your shoulder one day.

Isn't it funny that most people around the world know quite a lot about Mexican culture because of westerns and Hollydood movies, because Mexico is the direct neighbour of Big Boy USA. Literally the only reason their shitty country is relevant is because of America. And yet hey still hate America. Without them, they would be just as irrelevant as South America. Only thing making them well known is drugs and violence.

BTW, in a lot of Spaghetti Westerns, Italians played Mexicans.

Attached: God Forgives.jpg (1003x614, 95K)

That's the beauty, it was totally unpredictable and if life was throwing shit at you, you had the power to take matters into your own hands and murder people to solve your problems. I woild have killed numerous people.

It was particularly concentrated and common in the Wild West. What did cowboys mean by this?

Wiki has one.

What did Cowgirls mean by that?

Ya I would have loved to just kill people, it would have been awesome.

How long ago did they tame it? Was it within 5 generations? About the span that people can reliably communicate stories about life to their progeny?

Yes gilded age America was the peak of human existence. However it's all for nothing because thier decendants are weakling pisswesels who have decided to hand over their Republic for peices of silver (or in many cases, nothing) instead of just bothering to engage in the civic space as an ethnic group. Mashallah.

Attached: 1546384246791m.jpg (695x1024, 135K)

It wasn't Red Dead Redemption user it would have been hours of back breaking work and an early death.

This. Mexico should be thanking Americans profusely for taking in their underclass- without America Mexico would be an even bigger catastrophe than it is now.

Yeah, instead of cowboy butts we have traps.

Humanity really did get more sophisticated over time.

Attached: 1537238701415.png (1771x1254, 662K)

It's always Krauts who make self-righteous autistic comments like this.