Ride the tiger?

>mentally and spiritually disengage from the modern world
>don't bother with politics unless it's to destroy existing infastructure
>quietly build a movement
>do not bother preserving anything, only attack and destroy institutions when they weaken
>only aid in accelerating the collapse of society
>then try to rush in and implement your new form of society when the last one collapses

This method makes a lot of sense. Chaos and acceleration are good

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cakravartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Julius-Evola-Ride-the-Tiger-Survival-Manual-for-the-Aristocrats-of-the-Soul.pdf
kamikazeimages.net/writings/index.htm
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=FB9734541F5DEC5B73D2673D0795CD94
endchan.xyz/.media/a18332e643d7cb83515627b693496fc0-applicationpdf
youtube.com/watch?v=4uE-tqe0xsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ndyNUYzDdZo
amazon.com/Crisis-Modern-World-Guenon-Works/dp/0900588241
youtube.com/watch?v=DSwAd2T41-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump because I'm currently reading this book.

Attached: 1539986483626.jpg (930x1024, 228K)

I'm too much of a brainlet to understand it...

Have you tried reading it?

Here's the PDF for anyone who wants to read it

cakravartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Julius-Evola-Ride-the-Tiger-Survival-Manual-for-the-Aristocrats-of-the-Soul.pdf

I just finished Revolt, which was ok. But I like Ride the tiger WAY more

The Decline of the West makes me feel like this

Yeah, I own it. The language is quite complicated, especially for someone with English as a second language

Oh yeah it's even a little rough for me

Revolt is a fucking bitch. I can just barely understand some parts

>Chaos and acceleration are good
That is true. The problem is the average moron gets in the way. Jow Forums for example once knew the value of chaos and acceleration for a short time then it got swamped with cancer like /ptg/ and the non-stop shills.

Man I could barely make it 50 pages into Decline of the West.
That book is the most big brained shit I’ve ever read.

You would be surprised how many people were doing this without having read Evola.

The problem is that living a life of degeneracy to accelerate modernitys demise will make it very hard to go back.

Like a soldier that is not suitable for civil life anymore you wont be at home in the new world you helped create.

Time to die accomplished but never able to reap the seeds you sowed.

I know.

After I read a bit of this, it made me think of the chaos Jow Forums and /b/ instinctively created at their peak. The problem is that Jow Forums attempt to use Trump as an instrument of chaos turned into Trump as a symbol of hope.

But at the same time, Trump is still a symbol of chaos. The government is shut down. The left is still in an existential fury. We elected an orange reality TV star to office. This is chaos, and it is still good. We need more chaos

>The problem is that living a life of degeneracy to accelerate modernitys demise will make it very hard to go back.

That's not what the book advocates. Part of disengaging from the modern world is disengaging from degeneracy

why are you reading a book written by a non white person?

Attached: 6807005013212.jpg (518x400, 27K)

Attached: ride the tiger.jpg (1042x596, 325K)

>Here's the PDF
Oh sweet I'm gonna go read an entire book in Adobe Acrobat. Thanks.

Reminder that all of evola’s books are published by a Jew and that we are making the Jews rich by buying his books.

Yes, it's a good idea. I have spent the last two years focusing entirely on my own well being and development. Now, feeling stronger, healthier, and more mentally secure I started branching out to find others. We have a small reading club at the moment, but this is how it always starts if you know your history. Anyways, you should really not be too concerned with large, sweeping changes - rather focus on what you can directly control and there is simply no excuse for lack of self discipline.

Attached: 98374985738945.jpg (1024x768, 184K)

There are a variety of PDF forms which is what I have purchased. Don't be such an idiot.

I meant downloaded*. Sorry, still waking up I guess.

sounds like satanism. a more sophisticated model od Siege.

Do you have any other books to recommend?

>Without chaos you could not recognize order little grasshopper.

There is a really great introduction to this method of thinking, although I do not believe in it 100%. It is called: "A Handbook on Traditional Living".
However from a personal perspective the book that really changed my world view was "The Way of Men" by Jack Donovan. I think it is highly worth the read.

Go post about it on /lit/, there's some galaxy brained anons over there that can have some great discussions about it.

Who read PDFs?
Physical copies are superior in every way.
It really is a shame that his books are published by a Jew though.

But it also depends on what sort of knowledge you are seeking. I mean, there are so many titles out there that can improve yourself but you also need to do more than just read. Reading complements the mind because it allows for contemplation - but remember too muc contemplation (too many words) and you're just going to be a shut in sickly lanklet. Yukio Mishima "Sun and Steel" talks about his journey from the mindset of "words" to the mentality of the "group" and "action.

glad to have book thread.
so this is, where accelerationism comes from?

Also, I was wondering from Christian perspective.
Many think we should become as Christian as possible, but in the Bible it mentions Christians are going to become minority and swamped by beasts. When that happens, the God will come with fury.

They are superior but PDFs are also free and can be easily shared with others quickly. This is the format my group for our reading, it is simply the most efficient, easiest, and inexpensive way.

Attached: la mutta.png (512x565, 732K)

Ride the Tiger is next on my reading list; there is no doubt.

Trump as a symbol is far better than Trump as a president. Are there any other symbols or instruments of chaos that could be leveraged?

kamikazeimages.net/writings/index.htm

Here is a rather long list of various final writings written by Kamikaze pilots before making their suicide attack. While some are clearly biased and "rehearsed" there are quite a few gems to be found here (e.g. “At the moment I am full of life, my whole body overflowing with youth and strength. It seems
impossible that I shall be dead in three hours’ time. And yet…” - and yes, it ends this abruptly).

kek
>feeling stronger, healthier, and more mentally secure
can I have quick rundown and what made you better?

Storm of Steel

democrats.......

Available in Epub (for free):
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=FB9734541F5DEC5B73D2673D0795CD94

While Evola is some kind of esoteric gnostic, in Revolt Against the Modern World he says that Christianity (Catholicism) is really the only hope that the West has of reclaiming its culture and tradition

>can I have quick rundown and what made you better?
At first I introduced myself to a couple of titles (I have already mentioned a few in this thread already) that began to change the way I thought about myself and the world. I was going through a real existential crisis (e.g. "What is the point? The meaning of human existence is to die."). With this mentality, I began to act self-destructive but then I quickly realized that this was simply not sustainable nor beneficial or even enjoyable to live.
So the first book I read was the "Hagakure" which is a manual of the samurai. Their embrace of death in the form of duty was eye opening, I saw something that spoke of higher values and existence. I started reading other texts from there. One line that sticks with me from my readings of Mishima was (and I will paraphrase): "Turn imagination into duty and marvel at what you will create".

When I also discovered the Greek mentality of "Live beautifully, die beautifully" I began to build structure in my life. Then, that book by Donovan "The Way of Men" came along and I found a force of strength and purpose to myself. I started to live like a Spartan Hoplite. I sold a lot of my excess goods (including my PC gaming computer, I own a simple laptop now) and started over. Time is finite for us but at the same time it is infinite and you can thus make change at any point and "recover" this lost time.

Okay, but perhaps I am ranting. Maybe you want something more specific, I am not sure exactly how to answer you.
tldr; I began to embrace the concept of Action over any other concept in life.

Attached: 948506849056843.jpg (960x720, 89K)

>my group for our reading
Pretty impressive you could form a reading group that would take up Evola.
How did you manage that?
I'm also keen to start a reading group with similar literature.

nah, this is good, thanks.
also, how did you start/join book club? is it traditionalist?
>Revolt Against the Modern World he says that Christianity (Catholicism) is really the only hope that the West has of reclaiming its culture and tradition
it really seems that way

Thank you, I'm assuming I should read the intro book before Ride the Tiger? I'm very behind in my understanding of the political/social reasons for the destruction of society. I know a bit from lurking Jow Forums and few other mediums but it's mostly surface level stuff.

I also want to know the solution and the theory the created it. Most of the other areas like spiritual and physical I have down pretty well, but I wouldn't mind more conservative perspectives on that.

Basically, everything you've recommended is spot on.

It took 3 years to find people who were interested and even this was not easy. I was fortunate that I met a really good friend in university who was also interested in these subjects - (ironically enough, we both had been living like degenerates drowning ourselves in alcohol like most other people here). From there, we slowly expanded our group. We don't always read things like Evola but he has been read before. Normally we have each member of our reading club draft up a list of up to 5 book titles they want to read and why and we talk about them. In this way, I hear out everyones thoughts and then make the decision (I am the current head of the club, thus I ultimately decide the literature) on what to read.
You know, I spoke to an American once here that, lacking people in "real life" to have a club with, simply found people online and used Discord as a medium for discussion. He said it wasn't perfect but better than nothing. Ultimately, you should strive to find some kind of group - it is our nature and that is how you start building productivity rather than just individually hiding away and reading. Because there is simply no point in drowning yourself in solitary confinement unless you plan on becoming those mystical hermit types, in which case I salute you, however I do not think the majority of people can truly live in that manner and thus it is imperative to understand the original values of warrior culture - the sort of poetic heroes that reflects on a spectrum of past warrior cults (e.g. Knighthood, Samurai, Hoplite, Legionary - "i tak dalej, i tak dalej" as we say [etc, etc]).

This is why I don't consider Varg an idiot for leeching off welfare. I disagree with him on many subjects but living on social security and using the funds outside of the system is based.

>I'm very behind in my understanding of the political/social reasons for the destruction of society. I know a bit from lurking Jow Forums and few other mediums but it's mostly surface level stuff.
Don't read anything like Evola or of that vein then. Read "The Death of the West" by Pat Buchanan. "Suicide of a Superpower" is part two and available in podcast on Youtube. It's only 4 hours long too.

May I ask why?

To understand it you need to "get" Evola's concept of the World of Tradition as opposed to the (world of modernity). So you should read his other books, pic related. I'm still working on it but i have a good basic understanding.

Also you need to have a big brain, and for you Jow Forums i recommend to start with "Men among the Ruins", unless you are very into the occult then you should start with "The Grail".

Attached: e7HSU1G.jpg (5000x3827, 2.72M)

The "Handboook on Traditional Living" is in essence a summary of all Evola's thoughts, however, it was written with a political motivation in mind and thus has a sense of immediacy about it. However, if you are interested in Evola I think it is a good start. Evola is a bit dense and I read him in English, I found it very difficult to follow him at times. However, if you are serious and take it slow and use the words as a resource for your own self then I don't think you will have much of a problem reading him.
I'm a little uncertain what you mean by, "...the solution and the theory the created it".

really inspiring. that's awesome you have buddies you can share similar interests with and glad to hear you're doing well.

You know, I read a book called "The Power of Myth" that wasn't really written with any political motivation in mind but, for me, I found a really easy bridge to enter into the mind of Evola. Actually, I should strongly recommend this title to anyone with a serious interest in this subject.
"The Power of Myth" is a very easy and straight-forward read (it was an interview with the author and thus an honest discussion) that provides context to the real motifs of "myth" which is a mask of Tradition.

>Revolt is a fucking bitch. I can just barely understand some parts
I found it a slog in places, mostly in the first half of the book.
I just hope that as someone who was raised a plen that slogging through enough of these books and familiarising myself with the vocabulary, perspective and worldview that it'll become easier over time. I felt great after I read Revolt, like my view had gone from down on the ground immersed in the shit to looking down from above and seeing things clearly. Since I've never touched anything philosophical until recently I had no framework to compare ideas to and my mind was a chaotic mess, I look forward to improving on this.
If only my memory and recall wasn't so shit, making 85% of the effort wasted, but what can you do.

Evola's critique of work hits hard for someone who was once a libertarian. The idea that artisans and workers of old had a transcendental view in mind when pursuing their works and wouldn't have imagined doing it otherwise, and that 'work for its own sake' was a meaningless hell reserved for labourers and slaves is a disturbing one, considering this is the exact cult our entire culture has been following for many decades now and which we're all raised to think is normal and good.
I know many old lonely boomer men evading retirement for as long as possible and remaining in jobs they hate because its the only meaning they have left in their lives, albeit one they derive no satisfaction from and do nothing but complain about. Our culture has turned the entire population into spiritual slaves and it revels in it as virtuous and beneficial, when it's a complete inversion of the healthy societies of old. It's got me questioning my job, I have all this money and it means nothing to me, how can I justify a lifetime of wage slavery within a system I hate when they give you is money. The real problem with reading Evola is it takes you from feeling a bit alienated from society and just punts you miles further out.

Attached: 1546344246498.png (890x1029, 1.36M)

It's an autobiography of WW1 by a bonafide warrior that's not apologetic, but almost thankful for the opportunity to do his duty for his country. It's a fantastic read and I don't want to give anything away, but the last chapter really sums it up.

Attached: cf4863dcfefb07f22e7ffe626119fb65.jpg (625x793, 94K)

It took a lot of time and I made many mistakes to finally start recovering the time I "wasted" (I think ultimately everything can serve as a lesson if you let it). I am still far from my goal but everyday I try and rise with that optimism of youth (Because if you notice in children no matter how bad the previous day was they always wake up the next day with a beaming grin). So, you should always try and face a day with determination. And really, remember that when you turn "Imagination into Duty" you will find yourself accomplishing quite a lot and the results start becoming noticeable almost immediately.

>I was fortunate that I met a really good friend in university who was also interested in these subjects - (ironically enough, we both had been living like degenerates drowning ourselves in alcohol like most other people here)
In a pretty similar situation tbqh.
I have been pondering starting a reading club at uni and forming a group of like-minded individuals.
I'm sure if you can do it then I can as well.
Good luck, user.

Junger was a really interesting guy that developed his own political world view that came directly out of his time spent in the war. "Storm of Steel" is a really great read though, I'm glad to see it get recommended here.

>The problem is that living a life of degeneracy to accelerate modernitys demise will make it very hard to go back.
You precisely do not do that. You go with the flow, and try to swim to go faster, so that maybe you'll find a friendly riverbank further, but you do not waste your energy fighting the current. Evola believes civilizations go through cycles, and that it's a waste of time trying to defend a dying era when it's about to be reborn, instead, just accelerate the fall of shitty eras do that better times return. But that doesn't mean YOU should be a degenerate, it's the exact opposite, you are to keep those values alive and strong inside of you where no one can reach it. Some people believe only dead fish go with the flow, but that's not what you are. You are the lifeboat of a failing civilisation.

>Like a soldier that is not suitable for civil life anymore you wont be at home in the new world you helped create.
>Time to die accomplished but never able to reap the seeds you sowed.
Yes, but such is life. We can't all live happy lives, but we all can be heroes of our eras, and it's our role to bring a new golden Era our children will benefit from, and that we'll likely never see.

Get a good GF and have kids user.

God speed and you can certainly do it just remember that labour is a virtue and remember that all great achievements require sacrifice and hardship. Hercules did not achieve the status of demi-god by simply existing, he had to complete many challenges and risked his life. The immediacy of danger and death is the greatest spark for human development.

op is an ai

No. Before it comes to that, I think we should seriously consider dying by our own hands are own way because history and evolution is literally against our way of thinking.

It might be easier to face the maker then trying to swim upstream until one of our ranks do something stupid and hurt an innocent yet again, possibly even accidentally maiming a white person. It would be honorable in a Japanese sense to bow out.

It’s up to us to make the ultimate sacrifice. If you choose blood and honor, don’t hesitate. Only then will you enter Valhalla

Attached: 2660A0B5-C61A-439E-A187-B3A60ED95603.jpg (720x1000, 115K)

Amen to that.
God bless mate.

Attached: 1539219686338.jpg (752x1063, 206K)

I also prefer Spengler to Evola but I like them both very much. Spengler reads more tragically in my opinion but also I'm not into the occult and when Evola gets on his hyperborean energy soul resonance stuff I am both confused and uninterested.

*holds up Arktos Publishing*

>I think we should seriously consider dying by our own hands are own way because history and evolution is literally against our way of thinking.
Why do subversive faggots always post with the celtic-cross?

Attached: Slam the door.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

I trust Spengler more than Evola, he seems much more grounded in comparison

Attached: OswaldSpengler.png (1019x585, 278K)

>get a good gf
Near impossible task in these times, as is getting gainful employment to be able to support children at all.

Such is life in the Kali Yuga.

Once you learn and accept that this is the darkest of ages we are living in, your perspective changes and you can stop being such a sadcunt all the time.

Damn.
That is eerily prophetic.

Attached: Goebbels (2).jpg (600x329, 26K)

This is the only way for America unironically. I like it because it is not political and therefor is very effective. I have said for a long time now to friends on this subject there is no saving America in it's current form. From the ashes will rise a new America and it will either be a fascist, nationalist state or socialist / communist hellpit. There is no in between. You have to pick a side, because neither is going to let you ride the middle.

this is a good read too.
endchan.xyz/.media/a18332e643d7cb83515627b693496fc0-applicationpdf

here is another based example.
youtube.com/watch?v=4uE-tqe0xsQ

My perspective never changed. It is misery to live, so I won’t stop being anything but a “sadcunt”. I despise everything about this age, there is but one single place I enjoy visiting and it is this sole website.

Alright thank you, I'm gonna be busy as hell but I love it.

That* instead of the
The solution being what actions/lifestyles to adopt and the theory being the reason why. Sort of like a unified theory, like a reason that explains every action/solution without failure. An example would be "the jews caused it all", which explains a lot with one concept.

I just think there's a theory or concept that could explain, justify, and solve every political/social problem that's common right now. I'm assuming I'll be able to interpret it from the books being recommended though, so again, thank you.

>Are there any other symbols or instruments of chaos that could be leveraged?

I think so. A lot of systems are kind of destablized right now. Media/COLLEGE and a few others. When the opportunity comes up to cause chaos, we should definitely take it.

Another thing is Crypto currency. Trying to get out of using fiat can cause some chaos, because it will cause problems for the bankers. Any efforts to cause instability to academia especially. I know Jordan Peterson has said he wanted to create a new university system, if we used that to destablize the normal universities that would be good.

I guess the opportunities pop up when they pop up

Book is garbage and banal at best.

You should also read some Dugin posting
Its fantastic and agrees with this a lot

Attached: download.png (191x264, 13K)

I recommend it every time someone asks what book they should read, normies won't think oddly if you suggest it to them and they'll likely not even be conscious of what a large redpill they've just swallowed.

>Jack "Go into the woods and have literal gay sex with my ass bandit friends whilst LARPing as a pagan" Donovan?
Turbo kek.

Attached: IMG_5436.jpg (640x717, 37K)

This. And let us not forget what Evola said in Revolt.
"Although the Kali Yuga is an age of great destruction, those who live during it and manage to remain standing may achieve fruits that were not easily achieved by men living in other ages"

I suggest you take up gardening.

Ayy that's brilliant

That's great.
Where is this from though? As I mentioned earlier I've tried to read Decline of the West but a lot of it seemed so dense and esoteric, moreso than any other philosophy I've ever read.

>there is but one single place I enjoy visiting and it is this sole website.

Attached: 1504829244172.png (801x450, 112K)

Can’t afford a place with a garden

Ultimately it is mass materialism and the rejection of the immediacy of action.

"beyond 'rights' and 'lefts', there's one and indivisible revolution in the dialectical triad 'third rome - third reich - third international' the realm of national-bolshevism, regnum, their empire of the end, this is the perfect accomplishment of the greatest revolution in history, both continental and universal one. It is the angels' return, heros resurrection, the hearts uprising against reasons dictatorship. This last revolution is a concern of the acephal, the headless bearer of the cross, sickle and hammer crowned by the eternal sun fylfot"

Thats sad, ill plant a tree for you next time im planting.

That's honestly what keeps me going; knowing I will be a better man than I would have been if I was born any other time. Plus reality is more entertaining at this point than any movie could ever hope to be.

>This is why I don't consider Varg an idiot for leeching off welfare.

Varg isn't an idiot for using welfare, he's an idiot for his other opinions

That's from 'man and technics' its a good introductory book by Spengler. Much shorter and more accessible, although Decline is his masterpiece.

You could argue that someone like Varg is the end result of this kind of accelerationist way of thinking.

Read revolt first

>I just think there's a theory or concept that could explain, justify, and solve every political/social problem that's common right now

Funnily enough, you're describing Hitler's "Weltanschauung", but you need to start with Buchanan's The Death of the West. It lays the base diagnosis for the malaise the Western world is suffering from.

youtube.com/watch?v=ndyNUYzDdZo

Attached: well.jpg (260x350, 71K)

This post makes me sad... Because I bought this Salvador Dali "Tiger" print for my EX girlfriend,. It was a nice one cost about $300. Just reminds me of her.. She had a big Dali collection. Damn I miss fucking her

Attached: Dali-Tiger2.jpg (800x801, 58K)

If you want to get into the Traditionalist philosophy, you should check out this book "Crisis of the modern world" by Renee Guenon. Evola basis his works off of this guy's writing, and it's kind of like a simplified version of his main ideas. I started with "Revolt" by Evola which is his most complicated book. I basically went in dry, and it was weird. But I figured it out as I went along and googled a lot of things. But I went back and skimmed Crisis Of The Modern World and wished I started there

amazon.com/Crisis-Modern-World-Guenon-Works/dp/0900588241

They'll come away from it with a new found respect and admiration for the Reich and the spirit of the Germans who fought for it, thereby restoring some of the pride in themselves as Europeans that they were never allowed to have. All books about our heroic ancestors do this but something about Junger is especially remarkable, plus the political ramifications of "one of the bad guys" being undeniably heroic and honourable should cause plenty of cognitive dissonance in any normie who comes across it.

Another excellent redpill for normies is pic related, I burn them CD's with all his speeches on them, excepting the Savitri Devi one as that's still probably a bridge too far lel.

Get a nice pot plant and take good care of it. I did that.

Attached: bowden's civilisation.jpg (1024x768, 468K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DSwAd2T41-o

Attached: Arno Breker - Kameradschaft - Occult History Third Reich - Peter Crawford.jpg (303x400, 39K)

I agree, I thought the end of Revolt was a big whitepill.
>Plus reality is more entertaining at this point than any movie could ever hope to be.
Kek I agree. The absurdity of what is going on right now is extremely entertaining.
Thanks man.

And then the chinese swoop in

Yeah Revolt blew my mind too. There's so many little nuggets in that book that fundementally change the way you see the world.

It was fucking HARD to get through though. His rambling about Hyberborrean myths and shit got annoying, even if some were interesting. His other books are much more digestible, I wish I would have started there