Fasting Christians When

Matthew 6:16
"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face

Jesus clearly says "WHEN" you fast and not "IF" you fast, making it clear that fasting by his followers is a given.

When and why then did Christians en mass excuse themselves from this purifying and beneficial practice?

... But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.
Qur'an 2:184

I also found it interesting that anointing the head and washing the face is something every practicing muslim does 5x daily before prayer...

Attached: fasting.jpg (264x191, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/06/is-isis-more-violent-during-ramadan/531444/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan#Crime_rates
chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2010-08-09-ct-met-scream-free-ramadan-20100809-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump!!
i want to see how the christians will respond to this

What are you talking about, I'm a Catholic Christian, and we are told to fast some days during lent

Any catholic I know consider "fasting" to mean giving up chocolate or some other random item, not literally restricting food and water as is described in the scripture.

I honestly have never met a single Christian in real life who truly fasted ever.

Just fast for health reasons, intermittent fasting is really healthy.

By definition, when you're not eating, you're fasting. ez. Also Muhammad was a demon possessed pedophile and you're praying to a giant gamecube.

I do fasts for the Lord all the time. I fasted on Wednesdays and Fridays during Advent, and I'll be refraining from meat for Lent.

Actual fasting laws related to Christianity became relaxed over time as theologians changed their opinion on fasting.

Remember that faith alone saves. Good works, and works unto the Lord (such as fasting) are undertaken as a RESULT of faith, not as a requirement for salvation.

>Anecdotal evidence
Nice meme

I didn't eat meat for December and the run up to Christmas. Felt good finally breaking the fast on Christmas day with a couple turkies and family around.

>not eating chocolate as fasting

What kind of Christians do you know?

I know like always eating feels fucking weird, intermittent fasting is lit cuz you're lightweight all day

It leans you out because ypur body adjusts to spontaneously chewing on fat all day due to no anabolic metabolism

Our institutions are getting corrupted and bastardised due to secularism and capitalism. Now even the beginning of Lent isn't even about fasting, it's about going out and buying pancake mix. I quite like how Buddhists and Muslims fast, would like to see it done in Christian communities. Been in Istanbul for Ramadan and it was quite pleasant in the evenings.

Nice based answer, thanks.

It sounds like there are still a few Christians who observe real fasts, but it is certainly not a mainstream Christian practice anymore thats for sure.

To those who think they're fasting by refraining from meat etc, I highly suggest trying to actually fast as in no food/water as described in scripture.

It will not do you harm, it is purer for you and odds are it will greatly benefit you physically and spiritually.

A compulsory fast of literally zero calories is a bad idea though. It tends to cause a spike in violence and such around ramadan in muslim majority countries. theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/06/is-isis-more-violent-during-ramadan/531444/

>(((isis)))-more-violent-during-ramadan
what does that have to do with muslims?

>Any catholic I know
And all Muslims I know engage in homosexual anal sex. Two can play this game.

I chose the article at random. you should actually read it

>And all Muslims I know engage in homosexual anal sex
i assume you saying this out of a personal experience

Attached: 1542746956665.png (500x357, 213K)

>I chose the article at random
the absolute state of Jow Forums, posting links as evidence without knowing it's content

>Still thinks ISIS is a muslim creation
You new here?

I fast 3 days a week

I see both points, it defaults to "for all the good of the Muslims, Muhammad still burns for the sake of Islam's evil"

Pretty impressive. I know some pretty devout Christians but none of them fast..

Maybe /pol is a self-selecting group for extra sincere people inclined to truth.

I said I posted the link at random, not that I didn't read the content and judge it as being relevant. Are you concerned with my point or simply in acting superior to it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan#Crime_rates

chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2010-08-09-ct-met-scream-free-ramadan-20100809-story.html

I will try it out, Easter's not too far off and I will do some reading into forms of Christian fasting. Does the scripture generally say just eat/drink in the evening?

your post make no more sense than your mutt heritage

At minimum it is Wahhabist/Salafist. But most ISIS I think are mercenaries and mad cunts who just want an IslamiAnCapitsan

I don't think the lesson here was specifically for fasting and fasting alone, user

religiously inspired political violence is more likely to happen on sacred days of importance because the time/day itself is important, not because you have a bunch of grumpy Muslims who need a Snickers bar

when you didn't eat or drink something for 10 hours and the whether is hot af it will obviously make you prepared to explode on the first person who irritate you and here lies another reason behind the fasting of muslims, to control yourself in anger
fasting is not only about food you know

Protestant shill, your founder was wrong and so will you always be

Doesn't seem to work too well from what I've seen.

Attached: 1494452532580.jpg (149x144, 12K)

Street thugs recruited by Luciferian leadership and branded as muslim to incite disgut against ISlam and create doubts in the minds of muslims themselves...

I do water fasts. Not a fan of dry fasting as I need my brain to work well enough for my job.

Fighting is strictly forbdden during the sacred month (Ramadan)

I think something along the lines of only 1 meal a day. Not sure about that though.

fasting is done in both roman and orthodox catholics (of all types). only protestant heretics dont.
Though fasting doesnt mean not eating anything at all. orthodoxy has quite elaborate fasts that last so long if you did a complete fast during them you would starve todeath.

Not sure about timing in Christian scripture (though the scripture does support no food OR drink)

We do it from the break of dawn, till after sunset.

on the contrary, crime rate gets lower during Ramadan

Hmm, then again I've only had contact with people who practice Islam in school. That's a couple years in the past now. They were either really aggressive or too weak/tired from the fasting. But they were "only" kids at that time maybe the adults do exert better control over themselves which is expected.

It says to fast in secret and not to make a show of it, so how do you know that the Christians aren't fasting?

Maybe you’re missing the point of this scripture.
It is essentially saying do not fast then make a spectacle out of it because you then get your reward by man. Maybe many Christians fast regularly yet they are not boasting about like you are.

This

Matthew 6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Don’t be like the Hippocrates (Muslims, Jews) who boast their worldly open prayers like pagans

Fasting was something for Jews , Christians do not bother with this , the only real fast is a water fast of a few days , or more hardcore 40 days without food like Jesus .

Why do you care, you want us dead.

Exactly, not saying Muslims fasting is a bad thing because it’s a powerful aid for prayer and tool for exorcising demons but Muslims certainly make a pretty big show of it as Jesus said not to. Also these works are only a sign of our salvation and to please God and show our obedience, they do nothing to save us or count us righteous in his eyes

Orthodox do hold the fast

I fast at least one day a week.
And no, I never let on to the ham planets around me that I do so, though frankly it’s pretty obvious.

I'm not, but I own a goat farm and the government won't allow me to put up barbed wire to hinder break-ins, so sadly my goats are quite acquainted with Muslim sexual practices and preferences.

Do you plan on doing anything about this?

I fast for 22 hours every day. With occasional longer fasts every couple months ranging from 3-5 days.

Same here buddy. Do you fast on random days or do you have a schedule? I fast every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.