Blood Moon Pagan Meanings

There is always a metric fuck ton of bullshit to wade through when looking up genuine pagan traditions and beliefs. Does anyone here have any knowledge they're willing to share on the various traditions and beliefs our European ancestors had in regards to a blood moon?
How they viewed it, what it meant, what rituals or events took place during one, etc?

Attached: il_570xN.843536988_e457.jpg (570x456, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UNg7pwqIVf4
youtube.com/watch?v=-B6rTI4zqW0
space.com/43062-super-blood-moon-2019-last-until-2021.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-VsZWRSCSQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Moon = magic = feminine.
Blood = power = destiny/birthright
Our ability to influence the cosmos will be at an all time high and as a such it will be a prime time to stake your claim over the zeitgeist. Many in occult circles will know this, as such it will be a time of conflict, chaos and conflagration as many forces strive for supremacy. Lots of witches will be on the prowl. Be wary of their dark influence. Remember that striking down degeneracy and witchcraft will pave the way for proper Solar forces to exert dominance

Attached: IMG_1773.jpg (300x300, 33K)

Also seems like a good time for making sons! If blood is strength and the moon is feminine. But while I appreciate this answer, this is more esoteric occultism than traditional pagan practice and belief.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 32K)

You forgot the wolf part.
New Wolf Blood Moon

I too want to go outside and meditate during this lunar eclipse. I know it was a very important time for all ancient people’s, which is why I don’t consider this “new age” it is all old as can be.
What kind of meditations are best to be done?
Should I visualize a great future for white peoples? Visualize and raise the frequency of the earth grid to heal the planet and it’s people?
Lunar eclipses were always regarded as accelerated times of soul growth, they waited for these moments intrepidly.
This is the last of the 4 blood moons

I'm here to learn, I also don't know the specifics of how each months moon is viewed within the various European pagan beliefs. The wolf moon is just for January. Also why did you say "New Wolf?" It won't be a new moon.
I appreciate any good sources!

This is a place of satire and anonymous shitposting. Do not take anything posted here seriously.
And I was wrong, it is a Super Wolf Blood Moon

Myths capture the correct way to internet these practices. These things were never written down, simply practiced. Today we can understand their truth by analyzing the way of life and myths recorded, but our real connection to them understood through blood.

Lunar cry, m8. Bring a brolly.
youtube.com/watch?v=UNg7pwqIVf4

There's a blood moon every year but I wager the Astrological reason for people deeming them significant other than the harrowing red color is more to do with the type of Solar radiation/energy bounces off it and towards us. Obviously it's not everyday there's a blood so that could be it. For what it can be used for exactly is well debatable. Some people probably think it's a fine time to do a sacrifice others would think it's a seasonal shift of the mind so some new venture should be attempted or a shift of status.

In a symbolic sense the blood can be related to motherhood/period or war/bloodshed or change.

It's a Super Wolf Blood Moon.
Super = closest tothe Earth
Wolf = 1st Full moon in January / of the year.
Blood = Lunar Eclipse causes red hue

this particular one is going to be a Total Eclipse, so yes, it's both Rare and Powerful.
sire Children during it's height.
12:13 am EST (eastern standard time) - 12:40 am EST

It's time. Winter is here!

Attached: Its_time.jpg (943x1200, 219K)

>within the various European pagan beliefs
What kind exactly? Asatru? Ancient Greek/Roman?

youtube.com/watch?v=-B6rTI4zqW0

Yeah I've been here for a few years and I'm aware of that, but to say there isn't good information here is wrong too. You just have to keep it in perspective. Pagan beliefs and practices can still be found in Europe passed down through the ages and there are plenty of European posters here obviously.
There's always an initial barrier to research online in how pagan usually comes up with native American or new age/Wicca shit. Considering there are plenty of good sources and info on Paganism here I'd rather just cut through the bullshit. Also "muh scholars" tend to rely on sources that aren't in abundance so I doubt there was anything written specifically about blood moons that wasn't orally passed down.

Attached: 1547655680901m.jpg (1024x416, 95K)

>sire Children during it's height.
This could be a good idea actually. Even if it doesn't imbue any metaphysical qualities the progeny can boast about it.

"Hey Billy when were you born?"
"Oh I was conceived during a blood moon on the 21st..."
"No foolin'? That's rad"

super blood moon tonight

space.com/43062-super-blood-moon-2019-last-until-2021.html

found some info for UK fags
>The eclipse begins at 2.36am on Monday, January 21, though observers are unlikely to see anything until much later in the morning. The best time is around 5.12am to catch the maximum eclipse, when the moon will be completely submerged within the Earth's shadow.
its going to be a late one tonight, RIP wagies

I agree that blood passes down knowledge and that there is a certain intuition, but it's still interesting to hear other's perspectives on this. I'll have to more thoroughly look into the myths and lifestyle, I just haven't gotten around to it the more in depth research into it through primary sources.

Attached: 1547837483893.jpg (477x323, 59K)

There might be one every year (I actually don't know about that), but they're regionally viewable. As in the next two blood moons we can see in north America are in 2022 and then 2025. So it doesn't seem annual necessarily.
I suppose the occultist perspective would be that it's an exceptional event to happen as it isn't often and it puts people into a certain mindset where they're more open to things and spiritually charged. In special occurrences like this people seem more energetic because of it.
I've heard different things on sacrifices, with human sacrifices being very rare and animal sacrifices being about sharing with the community and giving up something for the collective good. Are there other forms of sacrifice that you may be aware of?

I'd be interested in all, but preferably not new forms of old beliefs like Asatru, as I hear that they incorporate many untraditional elements. My own personal interest would be Celtic, Germanic, and Slavic, but it's not exclusive.

Cultist here, remember to make your blood sacrifices to the moon goddess of your choice tonight.

Not every advantage is obvious.
>tfw no Jow Forums-pilled waifu who gets it to share this once in a lifetime event with.
>well, good luck to thouse of you who are lucky and blessed during this evening's tides.
May you children be healthy and stong!

Attached: swastika_good_luck.jpg (501x397, 110K)

>Are there other forms of sacrifice that you may be aware of?
Well not organized that is more like random instances. You know how some people are mentally unstable or prone to become for many different factors? There's plenty of "dumb fire" rituals as I call them that people aren't aware of and carried out by the deranged or normal people being pushed over the edge. No, I'm not saying everyone is gonna go mad and slaughter each other only that there's always a chance for someone to go bananas maybe sometime around when a Bloodmoon aught to hit and carry out murder either public or secretive. Why they would do that and what they would gain is well up to probing their delusions. In fact nothing says these people can be caught they could just kidnap someone drag them to the woods or some basement hack/rape away in some frenzy get rid of the body and continue on as if they were amnesiacs.

Now that Mexican's are converting to islam it's time to come home.
youtube.com/watch?v=-VsZWRSCSQ4

Attached: varg2121.jpg (480x610, 87K)

Trips noted.
It's not gonna be once in a lifetime, they had more names to tag onto the last blood moon. I think it was like a Super Blue Blood Wolf Moon or something. But yeah, I'm not quite at the point to start looking for a marriagable relationship, but it's something to note for the next blood moon or two.

To be honest most underground rituals even when there's no murder involved start off like that. Random people are compelled to go somewhere and do stuff then just don't remember it. Heck if you ever find an altar in some subway chances are it's legit but probably made and overlooked by the technicians more so than squatters or punks or hobos.

Is that some kinky way of telling us to get a gf?

Hm, not exactly a sacrifice, but I hear what you're saying and it seems quite likely. There are plenty of deranged people who have their own meaning for things and those who are susceptible to becoming so. Well, at least it makes events like this more interesting as it adds an actual danger to it. Part of that electricity you sort of feel between people in extraordinary events.

This was posted in the other thread.

Attached: 1547963938543.jpg (1000x960, 357K)

I'm sure there's usually some form of altered state at play, whether induced through ritual, meditation mindset, substance, or a combination thereof. Just adds credibility to the power rituals and belief in said rituals can have on people. Definitely an interesting aspect of our psychology. Whether any metaphysical force is at play, people still feel uneasy about such things. For example an areligious person may still feel uncomfortable about objects satanic in nature or meant to wish harm upon others, and that's an observably real effect. But this is all occultist in nature, which I still find very interesting.

In Occultism a Wolf Moon represents new beginnings and is often taken as a time of personal growth and change. A Blood Moon is said to represent all full moon types at once which gives it great power. A Super Moon is said to enhance the power of whatever full moon it takes place during. So combining all three is up to interpretation.

Fun Fact: Blood Moon was a term popularized by Christcucks

Attached: 1470834140951.jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

Blood moon has a nice ring to it. Is there another term you know of that isn't just "red moon" or something?

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 73K)

I will agree it does have a nice ring to it but simply had an unfortunate beginning. The only terms I know are lunar eclipse and blood moon.

>Fun Fact: Blood Moon was a term popularized by Christcucks

If you think it took until AD for people to call a red moon appearing in the sky the 'blood moon' in whatever language they were speaking, you're pretty deluded.

Attached: 1547445474071.jpg (340x565, 46K)

We must beat our drums to scare away Managarmr, or "Moon Garmr." Seeing as how "Garmr" is a wolf who will break free from his chains at Ragnarok, I think it's only rational to assume that this is another name for Fenris. As such, I'll also be giving some leftover shoe leather to Vitharr, Odin's son who will avenge the world by at Ragnarok by holding Fenris' saw open with his shoe and stabbing his spear through the roof of the wolf's mouth.

I was at a particularly low point in my life because my wife and I had been trying to conceive for 3 years with no luck and the doc had just told us we'd likely have to go IVF, whoch was something I knew I could never afford. I took the dog on a walk out to the river near my house, and while I was there I was overwhelmed by a compulsion to kick my shoes into the water.
After I got home I did some diggin amd learned about Vitharr and how the typical sacrifice made to him is shoes. Over the next week my wife and I were blessed by one of her relatives giving us 150k, I received 10k inheritance from my grandmother, and then I proceeded to earn a 13k commission check from work that month and a 20k commission check the next month.
She's pregnant now and laying here next to me.

im happy for you user

sometimes magic works, well done user

too spoopy for me
I'm out of here

the last? why the last?

There won't be another Biblical tetrad for another 567 years.

It means ur gonna go crazy and chop ur peepee off

>be me at 18
>feel the urge to buy a lottery ticket
>overwhelming fucking urge, like a itch in my whole fucking brain
>fuck it lets buy one
>cashier wants my ID
>forgot it at home....
>read in the news papper two days later that someone won 6 000 000 in my town, from the exact same store I was in... two days ago