>Gemma O' Doherty
youtube.com/channel/UCtDhSWHrzczksNAZ-9dFGIw

>Grand Torino
youtube.com/channel/UC76l7zXK7ORjWu35sTlna0A

>orlared
youtube.com/channel/UCgzyycFR6PEv-B90rAiFsQg

>Computing Forever.
youtube.com/channel/UCT9D87j5W7PtE7NHOR5DUOQ

Attached: 220px-Daniel_Breen_police_notice.jpg (220x337, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/his/thread/5797273/
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5771111/
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5808413/
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5839359/#5839359
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5945714/
archive.is/5f8Q3
youtube.com/watch?v=R3XtRF9xuVo&t=4s
derryjournal.com/news/abandoned-lorry-and-attempted-hijacking-of-bus-spark-two-more-derry-alerts-1-8778711/amp
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WC56bYZDtEE
youtu.be/fTS09G__CqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Historyfag checking in.
Tonight's thread: The 100th Anniversary of the Irish War of Independence:

>The Nine Years War (a 16th-17th Century Conflict which marked the death of Gaelic Ireland)
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5797273/

>Brian Boru (The Rise and Fall of the King who United Ireland, and the Decline of Vikings in Ireland)
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5771111/

>The Norman Invasion of Ireland (The Last High King, the first hostile move by England against Ireland, the beginning of England’s conquest of Ireland)
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5808413/

>The 1918 Irish Election (Pivotal moment in Revolutionary Ireland, arguably started the Irish War of Independence)
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5839359/#5839359

>Ailtirí na hAiseirghe (Fascism in 1940s Ireland, Ireland’s “Hitler Youth”)
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5945714/

Will monitor this thread and clear up any history questions people have!

So how about that car bomb in Derry and the ammunition find in West Belfast?

Attached: gallo.jpg (1920x2524, 538K)

archive.is/5f8Q3
Poison dwarf tells us a rise in nationalism is bad because of muh xenophobia, the 26 would still be under Anglo rule if we were scared of xenophobia of Anglos. Then complains that not everyone is delighted with welcoming "refugees". Fuck off and take some in your nice gaff.

Thanks user, i always look forward to these threads.

Related Vid:
>Tom Barry: Guerrilla Warfare in Ireland
youtube.com/watch?v=R3XtRF9xuVo&t=4s

>Bomb
I think it was a anniversary special.
>w. Belfast
No idea

Get the drill

Anyone know why they bombed the court in Derry? What was that about?

Those men were real heroes

>Gemma O'Doherty has defended Drumpf by him calling out fake news and protecting borders
They're gonna do something bad to her.

Attached: 1447364929152.png (237x238, 104K)

Bump

Time to form the GO'D Squad.

Nice, takes me back to leaving cert history

PSNI think they have another possible Car Bomb, RTE reported.

Always the same response up here.

Unionists:
>wow...so THIS is the power of the "shared future" xxxD
>filth and scum ns watp
>hahah sinn fein hahaha
>republican kkkulture at its finest...

Republicans:
>lol
>what are these faggots doing now
>replies to other unionists making fun of them/the uvf
swings and roundabouts

Love all ye lads
Happy Independence
100 years
If we keep up the fight we'll make it another 100 I'm sure of it

Attached: Feels.jpg (1024x640, 102K)

It's "independence" right now, that is until we remove the traitors who are selling the country for a few coins to vested interests.

Attempted hijacking of a bus too. Gwan the lads

Can any ROI anons tell me about Fianna Fail and Fine Gael? Specifically, what is the difference policy wise/generally between the two? I know the history of both but I'm unsure exactly how they differ.

They don't anymore, the both signed an agreement to keep in power and now they just harpoon each other gently

tl;dr play acting

They don't really

The difference is two fold
>voting base
>social policy

Generally lower class people vote Fianna Fail and are more socially conservative

Snobbier people vote Fine Gael and are more libertarian in outlook

However these differences are inconsequential as people here still follow the "vote for your TD(MP) and not the party" mantra so every representative is normally different

*SOUTH IRELAND

The northernmost parts of Ireland are in the Republic, user!

same party as far as im concerned

be me

>join party on ps4

>schizo kid says what do you do with a football
i said : you kick it ya egit

schizo kicks me from party

aaaaaahhh im tired of gaming and these fuckin zoomers

Óró, sé do bheatha bhaile
óró, sé do bheatha bhaile
óró, sé do bheatha bhaile
anois ar theacht an tsamhraidh.

Attached: Pearse Execution.jpg (800x453, 266K)

I think we all struggle with that, they're called two cheeks of the same arse for a reason.
There are a few though, FG are far more in favour of further EU integration and globalisation, FF are in favour so long as they can benefit, which is easy enough to buy them off with.
FG might be considered slightly economically more right wing, but they're basically the same neoliberal shite we've seen before, and they still like big government, that is people who can tell government what to do while we fund them. The only group they're willing to give lower taxes too are MNCs. FF traditionally might have been slightly more left wing but it's not by much, usually they'll do what the majority want, even if it was retarded, see Bertienomics. One thing about FG in recent times has been they're not interested in a country but an economy.
On social policies FG in recent times have been pretty socially liberal, in the past some of them were more conservative, but that was neutralised by them being with Labour most of the time in government. FF tend to be a bit more conservative but as seen with recent votes on the likes of abortion they don't care about principles and just go with whatever way the wind is blowing.
Both of them histories of being corrupt, if I was to say FF were more likely to be the lads who'd do small time shit which would fuck us over and are a bit more sneaky with it, while FG in the past have some people who were morally bankrupt, see Micheal Lowry.
Both as of now are happy to sell us out to the highest bidder. At the moment FG are in minority government with FF supporting them in confidence and supply. There's a good few I've heard of who are not happy with what FF are doing at the moment in their grassroots.

Attached: 1495919846354.png (292x239, 27K)

How about the proposed FF-SDLP merger? That'd be the first actual potential challenge to Sinn Féin's grasp on the Nationalist vote in NI since an overwhelming majority of SF voters absolutely fucking despise Sinn Féin and all that they stand for.
The trouble is that people aren't exactly keen to split their vote.

The East/West is as divided as NI and the Freestate.

1. Close the border to anyone not from Ireland.
2. Bring back the Punt.
3. All land 50 Km inland becomes agricultural. Self sufficiency encouraged.
4. Imports reduced to bare necessities to sustain life.
5. Implement the Autonomous Provincial system. Implement Ard-Righ elections for lifelong terms.
6. Revoke all citizenships post 1998 and replace with 12 month rolling visas.
7. Replant all land over 200m and unusable land under 200m with Native Forestry.
8. Traitors get the rope and a bog shower.
9. Families with more than 3 children get a flat 33% Tax rebate with 5% more for each extra child.
10. Right to bare arms (2nd amendment style)
11. Abortion unfunded, tubes being tied and vasectomies are free.

>bring back the punt
I really wish I had all the notes/coins collected. They were great.

Attached: mahon.jpg (201x377, 12K)

chkd
I'd love to be the guy in Waterford with the £20 printing press
>wiping my arse with 20 punt notes

Not sure how that will go. On one hand a lot of people are getting sick of the Shinners across the 32, while the 6 are probably not too keen on FF either, as they've generally just been talk and no action up there. Going off down here they might just bend to the will of the DUP too. FF have a history of bailing out on the 6 multiple times in the past too, so it wouldn't surprise me if this deal falls through too.
And as you say people might just stick with the Shinners as they might be the biggest in Stormont next time. The trends there in recent times have just seeing SF and DUP get bigger at the expense of the likes of the SDLP and UUP and I can't see that changing anytime soon, particularly with it basically being 50-50 at the moment.

Tobín's party might sap some strength from them
>Anti abortion SF

UUP are living in the 60's, I watched the party leader a few months backed and he was pretty based.
t. republican

Shite, forgot about Toibin's crowd, he might be able to put a dent in them. That could be good.
UUP from the last election seemed like a dead duck, there doesn't really seem to anything that DUP or >Alliance offer that they don't.

Yeah, they're DUP-lite
Without the unionism/OO they have decent policies that people in the south would vote for.
>He said, with a straight face.

Ehh, not too sure about that. If anyone had to run without their unionism/OO shite it'd have to be TUV, even just for a laugh to watch people get mad over Jim Allister.

Keep in mind everyone hates the DUP and all. Only Loyalists claim to like the DUP and are in many was the NPCs or NI, failing to understand that the DUP are the ones fucking them over.
The literal second the DUP vote splits-something that is coming closer and closer to happening-it's a Nationalist First Minister.
NI is becoming increasingly micked.

UUP would probably in the event of a UI be the ones Unionists would flock to as they'd be the ones in support of some sort of devolved something or other.

During the troubles the IRA seemed to be much more sophisticated and strategic.

Better equipped and did still make at least some use of the ideas behind guerrilla warfare that the IRA was founded on. It's no lie to say that the OG IRA-ie that of the War of Independence-set the new standard for Guerrilla warfare worldwide.
But better equipment was also a huge part of it. They were a Paramilitary, the Loyalist groups were quite accurately described as armed thugs by the British Military records.

I know that, but people will vote them because they're the biggest and don't want a Nationalist First Minister.
Sadly the 26 is becoming anything but micked, not even looking at the people who are just hedonists and couldn't give a shite about anything other than themselves.

kek

The unionists would just vote for a donkey instead of letting a nationalist rule, it got too close for comfort and they pulled the plug on Stormount.

They could tighten up if needed, but they can get away with alot more now than they could in the 70's or 80's, especially with very few soldiers and road blocks around.

Attached: Smile Nazi.png (700x420, 30K)

>DUP
>Not a donkey

worsethanthis.jpg

Attached: foster.jpg (615x892, 44K)

Its such a shame that Sinn Féin has a monopoly on Irish nationalism.

But they had the brains to get enough equipment and to use it more efficiently. They just seemed to make better decisions, especially tactical planning. The IRA in the troubles could even make an advanced wireless detonator and used it in a well thought out ambush

Sinn Fein aren't Nationalists.

>the pulled the plug on stormont
Well, Stormont died because of the DUP. It died over a Scandal caused by the DUP's leader, Foster, and then Sinn Féin said that they wouldn't restore power-sharing unless Arlene stepped down during the investigations into said scandal.
The DUP said fuck off, and then SF started also saying that they wanted other concessions (most of which were arguably already agreed on years ago) to be finally implemented and now it's tit-for-tat.
Loyalists are saying "DIRECT RULE NOW" even though this is even worse for Unionism, Republicas/Nationalists are mostly just kicking back and enjoying the ride.

Yes and no, PIRA cohesion deteriorated rapidly into the Troubles. It can more or less be divided between the actual PIRA and then pissed off Nationalists.
The SF of today bears 0 link to the SF of the past. The SF of the past was actually a bankrupt political footnote, all the rising leaders just decided to rally behind it as a unifying label to win 1918's Elections. By the end of the WOI "Sinn Féin" was already clearly divided into the factions that'd come to form the major parties of today.

They've lost it
Just keep redpilling people

How can Sinn Fein be nationalist when they've literally called themselves internationalists in the last month? They don't even refer to themselves as nationalist anymore.
Now we hope one of /ourguys/ can fill a nationalist void.

Attached: 1535860731046.jpg (219x219, 9K)

I'm surprised they haven't changed their name seeing as it would now be considered 'problematic'

That's one part of it, the DUP really didn't want the Irish language act going through either. So the timing works for them to delay more.

>pic unrel
Post unionist flag

Attached: womp.png (700x420, 16K)

Shill local SF cumanns to push for more nationalism, aim for the local organisers, the auld lads who are around from the 80's, sow discontent

Some of their younger members love the direction it's going in. And you'll get people voting them because they're not FF or FG either, they won't give a shite either. Maybe a poor showing in the May elections will change tack for them, but I think they'd realistically need to do a Labour to become nationalist again, i.e. sell themselves out to get mercs and perks.

whats the story boys

Most young people don't vote.
Everyone my age don't bother voting.

What's all this banter about in Derry lads?

Some, but they're full of idealism, get them reading Pearse and what the SF endorsed Dublin government did to the leaders of 16, point at Sweden, the Yellows in France etc.

They are dropping in polls and I don't think they'll get 20% at the next election.

Attached: New Ulster.png (700x420, 22K)

Yet another "new" IRA (this time literally called the New IRA) kicking stuff off. Nothing to see here.

Apparently someone shot in Derry tonight and two more bomb scares

derryjournal.com/news/abandoned-lorry-and-attempted-hijacking-of-bus-spark-two-more-derry-alerts-1-8778711/amp

Why this time though? Derailing TGFA?

Fuck knows. Nobody wants to derail the GFA, it's quite literally the legalisation of NI eventually leaving the UK; there are countless concessions to the Irish and absolutely no concession to the Unionists. Without the GFA, Northern Ireland is called completely into question when right now we're smooth-sailing to a yes vote in a unity poll several decades from now.

Wouldn't that semtex be better used in a few refugee hotels anyway? Bit of a waste to leave it outside of a court at midnight

Except if it's some shite like fag marriage or murder, then it seems like a lot of people vote.
I see what you mean, but I think they've gone too far down the rabbit hole to be saved. I think the best thing to do is get Toibin's Party, National Party or some other crowd on board. Toibin's splinter group might also damage them too, that might wake them up more too.
Because Brexit is happening soon and a border might be put up on the island because British and/or European establishment don't care or want a border there.

Attached: snufkin.gif (500x387, 1000K)

It isn't the "New IRA" this pisses me off, which is exactly why the media says it.

Army of Ireland/ Oglaigh na Eireann is the name.
Same name since 1920..

They call them the NEW IRA to piss them off and break the continuity of the movement. Literal MI5 psyops.

>refugee hotels
Ireland hasn't really been hit by that whole shabang. Dublin is rapidly becoming zogged but in terms of refugees or even illegal immigrants we're not really touched by it.

Ireland's immigrant/refugee situation can be described as England before they made all their mistakes.

post civil-war IRA are fags m8

Post Empire English are fags too.

New National Party video
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WC56bYZDtEE

They're beginning to enrich a number of towns with them. And in Ireland there's as many non nationals after 20 years as there was in England after 50 years. And it's pretty clear Ireland hasn't learned either.
>inb4 muh based slavs, they don't count towards the 17% non Irish

THERES A HOMELESS PAGAN POLE ON RTE

AG BOMBáIL

youtu.be/fTS09G__CqQ

Attached: 1sam-hyde.jpg (1024x576, 82K)

THROW THE TELLY OUT THE WINDOW MATE

Another cheeky plug for the current Irish History thread, posted now over on /his/
If you want to get a grasp on how Ireland won her independence a century ago, check it out!

Attached: irishnationals.jpg (962x699, 150K)

How will I know what bullshit to counter?

Talking about climate change?
This country has gone to shit.

allright
keep an eye on the cunts

BUT DONT PAY THE TELLY LOICENCE

Attached: annewillGott.jpg (1200x984, 389K)

One postman has been sent to your house to pick up his licence fee.

wtf is that?

soon the sea rises and cleanses it

>This country has gone to shit.

SPOTTED THE DUB

well if he can get over my border fence, and past the dog he's welcome

>reds quoting Lenin at the ambush commemoration.....
what is with irish reds and historical revisionism with the irish war of ind. and 1916....

Take comfort in the knowledge that they had little to no impact on the War of Independence or arguably the decisive points of the Revolution itself! This isn't a matter of opinion but rather one of historical fact, beyond the largely stagnated ICA and a few sneaky inputs to the Constitution/First Dáil (many of which didn't last very long) left-leaning policies for the most part weren't wanted by anyone involved. Ireland has since its conception been centre-right conservative, for over a century that has dominated Irish politics and to refute this is very simple deceit.

FUCK THE EU
FUCK MERKEL

ERIN GO BRAGH

Attached: barbara-spectre-quote-europe-multicultural-lews-leaders.jpg (635x349, 42K)

OY VEY

Attached: alan shatter.jpg (1340x874, 79K)

Lads, it's it true Dan Breen wanted freedom from Britain so take refugees from nigeria child move here?

FF is for boggers and FG is for townies

Or at least that's what they'll put in the new history books. Individuals who disagree will be framed as crazy conspiracy theorists.

Chedder man

What am I saying it's already happening

I saw that BBC morning show a few months back,
said that blacks have been in England since before Christ,
that was before Chedderman too...
God damn (((bastards)))

I'm starting to think Fomorians were just surviving Atlantean s who got written out of history.

shitter man
((((they))) never mention bog bodies

FF is more rural, FG more urban.
FF is centre-left, FG is centre-right economically speaking.
Both are centre-left socially

So lads,
1. is the sea rising?
2. Or is the Ice age happening?
3. Or nothing in our lifetimes?

Attached: 1546510602547.jpg (1925x1080, 210K)

i like this timeline

Attached: 1548113073481.jpg (1296x984, 417K)

god save ireland