Boycott Doesn't Work

P&G Raises Outlook After Another Quarter of Strong Sales

Repeat after me, "BOYCOTT DOESN'T WORK"

Attached: Capture.jpg (915x904, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/andriacheng/2018/01/24/pgs-gillette-woes-have-translated-to-this-good-news-for-consumers/#310be8607d54
google.com/search?rlz=1C1NHXL_enUS743US743&ei=OthIXJm6EaaKjwTp46jgDQ&q=pg&e 2017 REVENUE&oq=pg&e 2017 REVENUE&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0.6479.12424..12589...16.0..0.130.1715.8j9......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i22i30j0i22i10i30j35i39j35i302i39j33i299j33i160.Lf-HS0HydH4
ycharts.com/companies/NKE/revenues
washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1991/07/15/procter-gambles-devil-of-a-problem/36f27641-e679-40f4-ac02-9d12c59a2f3b/?noredirect=on
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The phrase "too big to fall" exists for a reason.

Attached: 1537794204833.jpg (754x518, 110K)

Considering they ended the quarter with that stupid commercial...keep up the boycott.

any attention is good attention

Attached: 22masha1.jpg (694x441, 93K)

>Raises outlook
they expect higher sales, nigga

wait you retards tried to boycott a dishwashing liquid company? What the fuck?

Attached: 1522440915458s.jpg (239x250, 10K)

Watch them miss their Q1 forecast.

So disappoint them? Expectations don't have to become reality.

Gillette is probably not a big part of their sales, think of how many more people use Tide, Downy, Dawn, etc. and more of it
kek they make many things; P&G might as well be Acme

I think that the quarter ended 12/31. It usually takes at least a month for earnings to be calculated and posted. Any effects of the boycott will not show up until the 1st quarter 19 is finished (3/31/19). This will probably be available in April or May. I think it highly unlikely that the stupid commercial, from January, retroactively reduced sales and profits for the period 10/1/18 through 12/31/18. Retard.

This. Watch the stock plummet when they miss.

>Gillette is probably not a big part of their sales,
Losing a million customers is still a sizable amount of money.

Not if some of the brokers are time travellers. Checkmate blumpfkin

Going to enjoy this.

>Still using P&G products
Scrubs

Attached: WTFBarfDishwashing.jpg (500x333, 66K)

How is this any different than Nike's boycott? It failed

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_willburns_files_2018_09_Kaep.png (1280x868, 1.82M)

/thread

I doubt most of us buy nike in the first place

>losing a million customers
Maybe for the Gillette brand, I'm sure more people buy a shitload of soap in which P&G leads literally worldwide. Is the decrease in shaving razor buyers offset by an increase in buying literally everything else due to population explosion? Migrants love Tide. They even prefer it to Ariel, which is literally the same powder.

This is a really interesting case because P&G has cut their ad budgets drastically in the past. Sabotage? Maybe. I think that this is a trial balloon in an environment that is really hard to fuck up. Younger people have started to go for budget options, fucking up Gillette's premium options here in the USA. They might even divest it.
There's a lot of unknowns here. I'm leaning towards bureaucratic inertia here and activism on the ad company's part combined with tone deaf or apathetic P&G middle management.

This desu. Gillette was already failing as a brand to cheaper options that were just as good.

Wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of it.

They want to crash gillete so they get approval from commerce to divest
Or
So they get a good looker on taxes

They lost quite a bit in stock value. It's not about sending them under, it's about sending a message: that virtue signalling is bad for business.

>Gillette is probably not a big part of their sale
2017 number says $6.6 billion, that's 38% of the revenue, nigga

forbes.com/sites/andriacheng/2018/01/24/pgs-gillette-woes-have-translated-to-this-good-news-for-consumers/#310be8607d54

google.com/search?rlz=1C1NHXL_enUS743US743&ei=OthIXJm6EaaKjwTp46jgDQ&q=pg&e 2017 REVENUE&oq=pg&e 2017 REVENUE&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0.6479.12424..12589...16.0..0.130.1715.8j9......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i22i30j0i22i10i30j35i39j35i302i39j33i299j33i160.Lf-HS0HydH4

Attached: 4651467981.jpg (444x258, 33K)

The revenue didn't go down

ycharts.com/companies/NKE/revenues

There's no way that Gillette is 38% of P&G's revenue. They have so many other brands, it won't even be close to that.

>another quarter of strong sales
how about you wait for the next quarter report

Attached: 53160933.png (499x338, 38K)

>2017 number says $6.6 billion, that's 38% of the revenue, nigga
Get the latest figures nigger. It's less than 10% now.

Attached: learn_to_read_nigger.jpg (757x462, 96K)

>Last quarter's numbers
just wait

Attached: Wm-Burroughs-by-Jim-Tynan-750.jpg (750x500, 66K)

Demorialization thread.

Don't care, you have to be true to yourself. I don't give sheckels to my enemies if it can be helped.
Nike, Hollywood, Starcucks, P&G, etc can burn in hell. Feels good to know they will never see another penny from me.

no investor will short sale his stock over some twitter shitstorm
when sales go down the market will follow
not the other way around

If they don't work why are they outlawing boycotting israel?

not everyone pays attention to everyday events

Attached: 1508637119645.png (765x1025, 548K)

>Comparing annual sales to quarterly sales
That's so niggerish of you, nigger

Jow Forums is as dumb as the niggers who boycotted Seinfeld's DVD release as if they were ever going to buy them
>a Jow Forumsster walking into a nike store and seeing no less than 12 ads on a single wall that are BMWF and then buying something

>he thinks that grooming can account for enough sales in the last 3 quarters to arrive at a 38% figure
>he thinks niggers don't love tide enough to literally steal it and have a black market for it

Attached: i_want_tide.jpg (1091x836, 172K)

You ever buy Gillette razors? That 38% of revenue probably came from like 1,000 ondividual purchases, those things are wacky expensive

P&G knows better than anyone that boycotts work:
"The P&G smear campaign began in 1980 with a story, spread primarily in southern Minnesota, that the moon and stars logo indicated the company had been taken over by devotees of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church.

The linkage to Old Scratch soon emerged -- oddly enough, with a report that a company official appeared on "Donahue" to confess his collusion with demonic forces. The tale peaked in 1982, 1985 and again in 1990.

In 1985 P&G hired Pinkerton Inc. and Wackenhut Corp. to track down the rumor's source. The company continues to distribute tens of thousands of anti-rumor kits, including a history of the company logo and supportive letters from the "Donahue" show ("It never happened! Anyone who claims to have seen such a broadcast is lying! Anyone repeating the rumor is bearing false witness!") and the Rev. Jerry Falwell and Billy Graham."
washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1991/07/15/procter-gambles-devil-of-a-problem/36f27641-e679-40f4-ac02-9d12c59a2f3b/?noredirect=on

looks jewish

Attached: 1521958632900.jpg (540x540, 31K)

Yeah I used to work for P&G. Whenever trucks got robbed it was always the Gillette that disappeared first. It's very expensive but they have so many other brands as well that all make huge money.

fucking idiot, its not about whether it works or not. Its about having some fucking integrity and self respect its about not giving your money to people who hate you.Its about giving that money to companies or individuals who dont think you are toxic just for being alive.

"The continuing rumor forced P&G to reestablish a toll-free hot line last year to field calls on the subject. Operators handled about 350 calls per day in 1990. The current average is 50 inquiries a day.

The company has filed and settled 14 libel lawsuits against individuals it believes have spread the rumor, including an Atlanta television weatherman and four distributors of Amway products. In March, P&G won a $75,000 judgment against James and Linda K. Newton, two Amway distributors in Parsons, Kan. The ruling prohibits the couple from spreading statements associating the company with Satanism.

Reached at his home, James Newton said, "I am not allowed to talk about the subject."

what grown up cares about boycotts? i'd just rather not associate myself with a brand specifically aimed at cucks

>what grown up cares about boycotts?
>muh image
You faggot child.

bump for the power of the conscientious consumer

Attached: image.jpg (800x518, 68K)

Attention lads!
Its only been 10 days
Don't give in!
Use the products you already purchased.
Then switch brands!
They know they fucked up because the shit is staying on the shelves
KEEP UP THE FIGHT!
ROW
ROW
ROW
FIGHT THE POWA!

its not about "image" you moronic mutt. nobody knows and cares about which shaving products i use. but the intuitive association of "quality" i used to have with the brand (warranted or not) has been replaced by an association with "femininity" and i'm sure it's not just me who feels this way. since one has to choose between essentially equivalent products when buying shaving utilities, using your "intution" to make the choice is perfectly rational.

>muh self image
I intuit you are a faggot with no values

>he thinks that grooming can account for enough sales in the last 3 quarters to arrive at a 38% figure
(((Forbes))) thought so
>>he thinks niggers don't love tide enough to literally steal it and have a black market for it
Stealing isn't synonymous to sales, Tyrone

Attached: 13132456453.jpg (550x413, 90K)

Its simpler than that dont give money to political opponents

you seem hilariously dense. using brands as a random heuristic to cut down purchase options has absolutely nothing to do with "self image". please do explain which of your formidable "values" informs your choice of shaving product, and how exactly?

>Quarter of Strong Sales
>ad is 10 days old
Its all so tiresome..

Also gillette is a small brand within Proctor and Gamble. They could tank and p&g could still easily turn profits.

Attached: 1529152908986.jpg (426x634, 33K)

>Stealing isn't synonymous to sales, Tyrone
>people dont steal things that are valuable to sell
wewlad

>what grown up cares about boycotts?
Grown ups that want to hurt their enemies and help their friends
>i'd just rather not associate myself with a brand specifically aimed at cucks
So who would know, you prom queen?

Your motivation to not boycott(just not associate with) is clear, Mary.

>Grown ups that want to hurt their enemies and help their friends
just grow up you cringy manchild.

Came here to post this

Go associate with a bullet and boycott your brains, girl.

>Being this butt blasted about a boycott you're not participating in.

KYS
Don't forget to sage

So about 25 million people viewed the vidya on Youtube, and others on Twatter and Fuckbook.
Half would be offended, and of those half, maybe half will change their buying habits and avoid Gillette and/or P&G products for a time.
>switched to speed stick, Bic, and generic for everything else, and I shop for the entire household.
So maybe 6 million people have dropped P&G, when they used give them maybe $30 a month. So maybe 1.8 billion a month.

"A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money."

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-06-22-at-11.46.24-AM.png (499x325, 259K)

And P&G do care, a lot. There have been millions of dislikes removed from the Youtube vidya, hundreds of thousands of bot likes, and millions of comments deleted.
And Gillette said they wanted and welcomed an open dialog.

Attached: Best-Country-Songs-About-Anger.png (704x421, 257K)

180 million, whatever. Maybe some people by $300 of P&G products for the family. Dunno, but it isn't pocket change.