Jow Forums approved documentaries

I need some suggestions for my English Comp class. We're supposed to pick a documentary about something we can potentially fix, and we were given examples like caged vs free roam meat and wage inequality (the 1% vs everyone else), etc.
I wanted to do something on the secret space program but that got shot down.
So dump some suggestions for me, frens.
>inb4 greatest story never told

Attached: american documentaries.png (645x589, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cqxnmKTmjkQ
youtu.be/1a-QpyF7rNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ID is hump jr

please bump :(

Louis Theroux one about female bodybuilders and talk about fixing female masculinity.

Watch everything by Adam Curtis.

interesting thought but I don't think I can handle watching a couple hours worth of muscle-tits

that is an atrocious post. 4chin died in 2009.

might be something here, thanks
thanks for the bump

>The Endurance

It's about a failed expedition to the Antarctic where the boat got stuck in the ice and the crew was stranded. It's narrated by Liam Neeson too.

Oh and the silver lining is there's not a single fucking woman in it cause back then they were still superstitious of them and boats.
>Spoiler alert: everyone survived.

Attached: 1352146322236.jpg (480x360, 30K)

I think I actually looked at that one a few years back.
I'm looking more for something that will piss off all the liberals in my class.
Maybe I'll find a documentary about the statistics of gays diddling kids or something.

Shit my bad, didn't read the whole post.

Lessons in Darkness by Warner Herzog is pretty good. You can argue that the first gulf war set the tone for the current state of the middle east due to pettiness (ie: Iraqis torching the oil fields in kuwait as a 'fuck you').

Another might be Year of the Pig which was about Vietnam from the NVAs perspective. Shows a lot of gruesome US casualties.

The obvious choice is Thin Blue Line by Erril Morris. Forensic recreation used to get a man on death row's case overturned.

thanks, I'll look these up now

Attached: 2scoops.jpg (1024x682, 58K)

Ahhh you want something to really stir the pot.

Ok you need to watch Hot Girls Wanted.

Talk about how it is an allegory for the state of Women's Lib and how slut regret is more permanent when you film it. Rashida Jones tries to paint these girls as 'victims' but in reality, it's obvious they are HS slags that are too obtuse to the real world, whore themselves out and are shit with their money, so they cry and claim that they were exploited, despite signing legal contracts and being overly compensated.

Hell, you can cite the scene where the one chick explains she makes something like $12k a shoot and then spends something like 11k on clothes, referring to that as 'necessities'.

It really paints women in a hilariously poor light, because they're too stupid to realize they're being exploited by their own narcissism.

Attached: 28160422.jpg (400x400, 84K)

bump

oh buddy, this is definitely a winner.
Any others like this?

There's also 30 for 30: Broke.

Thats excellent because it is a pretty cutthroat, to-the-point doc on sports athletes getting rich but having poor money management. It kinda touches on the question of should athletes who are too young to save their money be protected from frivolity.

but the TL;DR is watch a really self-important nog get rich then piss away millions because they cantin2 not buying stupid shit. Its pretty good and you can always us Iverson's trust fund thing as a benchmark for people getting rich quick, then someone intervening and stopping them from going full nigger with their $$$

Attached: 1350256472600.jpg (720x540, 67K)

In the same esteem, Dennis Rodman's Big Bang in Pyongyang is great too.

He was literally the sole diplomat for US and North Korean relations before trump was elected and it shows him drunk at a press conference defending Kim Jung Un and his war crimes.

Not sure if it's polarized enough to spin as a 'this vs. that' topic to discuss, but it goes from hilariously funny to extremely scary because THAT was who kept us from escalating nuclear tensions and it was made around (a little before, I believe?) that US student came back from NK with fatal brain damage.

Attached: 1362842160268.gif (320x180, 1.44M)

Wow I had forgotten about Rodman and Kim, shit was nuts. Had to have been way before that student though, cause that was pretty recent and Rodman was a while ago.
Also, that student was crying crocodile tears. I think it was another false flag, he didn't really die, it was just to get tensions up as usual.
Since Trump kicked the cabal out of NK they've been fine.

I probably completely fucked that timeline up.

I know sections of the doc were available since like 2014ish, but it says it was released in 2015 officially? But I know Rodman met with Kim before they sent the kid back and the tensions lessened.

Still a really good watch. That show on Satellite radio 'The Bonfire' was what turned me onto it actually. Dan & Big Jay breaking it down is definitely worth a listen if youre interested.

Attached: 1347831301441.gif (320x240, 957K)

>I probably completely fucked that timeline up.

Attached: meanwhile.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

9/11: The great American psyopera
You can fix it by gassing the jews

Im like a 40oz and a half in right now. I was not expecting to find a Jow Forums thread I would actually have to participate in.

I just genuinely enjoy documentary filmmaking and would like to one day, myself.

Attached: 1351358909880.gif (500x238, 264K)

>I just genuinely enjoy documentary filmmaking and would like to one day, myself.

like to *make one myself. Fuck.

Attached: 1355396677112.gif (480x360, 904K)

looks like I asked at the right time then, I appreciate your efforts Documentary user

Godspeed with your assignment, OP. Make us proud.

Attached: 1358802590983.jpg (1516x1153, 637K)

You should pick Idiocracy and tell them it's a future documentary.

O7
if my teacher approved it I absolutely would lol, but that is probably not going to happen

Harvest of Despair

fuckin nice, I'm ready to give and receive some PTSD

Watch Ken Burns Prohibition. Unwittingly explains how women fighting to ban alcohol led to income tax becoming law.

The lobby by al jazeera. Doc about israel influencing in usa

legitimately interested for my own knowledge
very nice thank you

I am going to bed now, but please feel free to dump and discuss and I'll review them all in the morning - thanks guys

Since its topical I would suggest
youtube.com/watch?v=cqxnmKTmjkQ
about the take over of the media following 9/11.

Empire of Dust

youtu.be/1a-QpyF7rNc