Catholicism or Protestantism?

I'm returning to faith. Which is the truer Christian path?

Attached: Jesus-Christ-christianity-2752506-375-500xxx.jpg (375x500, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_oviludrY2Y
ushistory.org/paine/reason/reason1.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=qzStS_NSs-s&list=PLRgREWf4NFWZEd86aVEpQ7B3YxXPhUEf-
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=d07mgLoOW8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

JW.

I've never missed church in my 30 years of living and i have no idea about all yhe denominations.

Im christian and thats that.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oviludrY2Y

Attached: IMG_20190120_204917.jpg (637x358, 20K)

Orthodoxy, if you must be a faggot and choose between these go Protestant

>i go to church every day and dont know what kind of church im in
Why are you allowed to breed

I'm a newfag, raised Catholic and know very little about the sects. So there's Catholicism, Protestantism & its branches, Mormonism, Jehovas Witnesses, and Orthodoxy. Am I missing any?

Also, if you don't mind, why is your particular branch so good? I'm genuinely in this for the philosophy and don't know much about what makes these choices all different.

In order (and just imo)
1.Protestantism
2.Orthodoxy
3.Catholicism

We rely on the Bible only. No greek philosophy, no pagan superstitions.
Read the Bible, apply the Bible, teach the Bible.
Be a good citizen, and walk humbly with God until the time of mankind deliverance.

>Am I missing any?
Baptists
Apostolics
Pentecostals
Charismatics
Adventists

Do you believe you need a mediator (a priest/ Pope) to reach God on your behalf? Do you believe that every communion cracker is literally miracled into the flesh of Christ? Do you enjoy going to service in foreign (often dead) languages? Are you okay with not using bibles during service?

If yes to most of these than pick catholic, if not go protestant... but if you go protestant stay away from the hippy accept everything churches and churches that preach the prosperity doctrine

In its current state the Catholic Church is Big Gay. However, it's obvious that Jesus wanted all followers to be under one united church.
The best thing to do is find out what church near you best preaches the Word of God. If it happens to be Catholic, go for it, but it probably won't be.

Orthodoxy has it's roots from the original christian practice and it never lost it's traditions,we also have great liturghies,the holy fire,byzantine chants and beards

Attached: IMG_20190122_224859.jpg (1014x1085, 107K)

Evangelicals are a slave to the Jews

Attached: 1547918456492.webm (574x382, 1.24M)

Look. Mormons and Catholics aren’t Christian. They have this fancy creation around a center that sort of resembles Christianity so many can’t see the difference. It really doesn’t matter much because almost all of them aren’t really too bad of people. I mean they aren’t gonna cut your head off or gang rape your 8 year old son so they don’t make terrible neighbors. It ain’t nothing to get worked up over.

>Protestantism
Lol.

Fact: Luther was ethnically Jewish
Fact: All pre-Luther protestants got heavily criticized for being pro-Jewish (Wycliffe, Hus, etc)
Fact: Protestantism always did its best to destroy Europe, waging war, allying with Jews and Islam asap
Fact: Protestantism is basically Communism (which is also why they project this on Catholics so much)

L2history, FFS. I know you're American, and thus heavy on the Jewish and Freemason influence, but come the fuck on.

Orthodoxy

>Should I worship the dead Jew on a stick this way or that way?

Attached: 1540514649551.png (645x729, 174K)

Orthodox preferably Armenian Apostolic Church since it’s the oldest and untouched by the (((you know who)))

Attached: E724F87C-8CC8-4779-ACC2-70F0313E130D.jpg (1800x1200, 404K)

I was raised Catholic. It seemed like the best until my church started talking about political shit. That was annoying to me from 14-18. Around 18 I started going with my friends to Protestant churches. They all seemed the nicest. Everything about the Catholic church was grand and beautiful but the Protestants were always really humble.

Why does everyone seem to hate Catholics again though? I'm still Catholic to this day but I don't have a particularly strong reason to be and I'm curious.

>Catholics are not Christians
>literally the first branch of christianity
What did you mean by this?

>the dead Jew on a stick
This is a Jewish meme, by the way. Years ago, some guy on Jow Forums leaked the chat where they talked about un-christianzing Jow Forums.

It worked great because all of you are retarded.

Hint: Judaism is younger than Christianity.

>t. Fedora

Protestant but do not celebrate Christmas and Easter. No Church can be pure when blatant paganism still resides.
Just read the gospel and celebrate Christ every day.

Branch, yes, diverting from the trunk

>which Israel worshipping slave cult is the best?
it doesn't matter

Attached: christcuck final form.jpg (968x681, 57K)

Catholicism didn’t exist until 325 AD. There were a lot of Christians in the world at that time that had no part in any of that.

Catholics: Do good deeds and you will go to heaven.
Protestants (Luther): You can cook children alive in boiling oil. As long as you have faith, you'll still go to heaven.

Lutheran christianity is the only way, if the lutheran churches in your area are cucked you're fucked.

Attached: 240px-Den_norske_kirkes_våpen.svg.png (240x294, 10K)

That faggot is just baiting,ignore him

please just pick up the art of Gnosis instead of either, find God within the right hemisphere of your brain and nowhere else

All Christians are slaves to Jews desu. Saul told them to their faces they're lower on the totem than Jews, and still they pretend.

Attached: The Choice.jpg (720x322, 59K)

>he thinks dead jew on a stick is younger than Jow Forums
holy fuck I hope you're pretending

Attached: 1111111.png (1019x746, 1.03M)

Catholicism stems directly from the Nicene creed and the agreed upon tenents of christianity made there.

This is the same as asking "which is true, the Vatican or the Bible". Only low IQ faggots and pedophiles follow the Catholic church.

Attached: .png (768x392, 227K)

Doesn't matter, honestly. I'm Catholic and I can tell you most Catholics don't give a shit about Catholic teachings. They are Republican or Democrat or whatever, before being Catholic, so then, why does it matter? It doesn't.

I say Protestant because the pope is huge faggot sophist
>t. Been to church one time ever

I'm confused by this too. There were multiple sermons in my church growing up where they said "we are the only Christians who never changed anything. We are the original Christians established from the church by Peter." I'm not saying this is all true but why would you say Catholics aren't Christian? Is this just something you heard about them being more liberal or all Hispanic or something?

Just being Christian. Not an idol worshiper, or a law worshiping Jew. Love each other.

>the pope
Careful,Moshe,that image implies that pagans love nigger feet

I don’t know that folks particularly hate Catholics. You have to admit it more than a little weird that Catholics have this allegiance that is, perhaps, “above nation” to a “ruler” who lives in a fortified castle in another country. If Baptists or Episcopalians tried that I don’t doubt they would be looked on a little askance, as well.

Retards think that praying for intercession is Paganism

Catholicism

That's not how it works. You have to accept Christ, get saved, and repent for your sins.

Gnosticism.

Attached: tmp_526-1539463166810-567930568.jpg (500x625, 95K)

Neither. Become a Deist, and do not accept anything that does not agree with your own God-given reason and conscience. Believe in God on the basis of rationality, as, for example, from the argument that the universe must have a first cause, and not on that of blind faith. As Thomas Paine said, Let your mind be your own church. The Bible is a book of consummate wisdom and beauty, but neither it nor any other work can possibly supersede the truth that is already within us.

The Age of Reason, an excellent introduction to Deism, written by Thomas Paine, can be found online here: ushistory.org/paine/reason/reason1.htm

"I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.

I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy.

But, lest it should be supposed that I believe in many other things in addition to these, I shall, in the progress of this work, declare the things I do not believe, and my reasons for not believing them.

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Attached: paine.jpg (850x400, 85K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qzStS_NSs-s&list=PLRgREWf4NFWZEd86aVEpQ7B3YxXPhUEf-

Just spend time discerning. Watch videos, read books, read the bible, read the church fathers, read aquinas

Hint: You are talking to Americans here. They are fervently anti-Catholic because of the huge Jewish and Freemason influence their country has.

Lutheran = Jewish

>Catholicism didn’t exist until 325 AD.
Lel.

>Ignored the wikileaks about Vatican Spring because muh pedos

Thank you for the helpful answers, friends! This will help greatly with rediscovering my faith. God bless you all!

>memefaggot
>namefag
>fedora
It awakened

Attached: 1548329167648.gif (600x674, 529K)

>Catholicism didn’t exist until 325 AD
>Matthew 16:18 - "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."
Tell me what church you think this is.

>Which is the truer Christian path?
"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." -Jesus>L2history, FFS. I know you're American, and thus heavy on the Jewish and Freemason influence, but come the fuck on.
lol your "facts" are pathetic
fact is the popes ruled europe and still do
pope also rules the queen, the masons, the jesuits etc

>American reading comprehension
Holy fuck, I hope you get paid for this.

Why are you posting your selfies?

Attached: christianpc.jpg (347x1023, 49K)

>fact is the popes ruled europe and still do
>pope also rules the queen, the masons, the jesuits etc
Protestant education.

>Fact is
Lol, you're just being stupid again.

Jesus left one church.
The rest is memes.

>Which semitic slave religion is better?
Be sure to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK and LET THEM IN just like god commands.

>post something factually incorrect
>d-dude you can't read
Not gonna work, kike

Attached: fax.png (470x960, 654K)

You're welcome

Attached: DMEvZFNXUAELmVr.jpg (1200x676, 101K)

>t. non-Christian

Because I believe in Christ.

>t.rock worshiper

I never said the guy invented the meme, though.

>American reading comprehension
>Meme flag
>anti-Catholic
Checks out.

Not gonna work, kike.

I've seen the Pope in person. I don't know, I didn't think it was strange. The idea, I think but I'm kind of guessing, is that he's supposed to lead the interpretation of God's Word so that we don't misinterpret or go astray. Whether or not this particular Pope does a good job at that is completely debatable, sure. I can kind of see the point you're making though.

If you have access to a Bible you can see for yourself He said, “Do not pray prayers of vain repetition”. It may even be in red letters. Do you won a Rosary? Why? When the “woman with an issue” grabbed His cloak, His response was “Do not revere the woman that bore me but my Father above.” Also in red letters. I could get picky and go on but why? Like I said, I don’t find most Catholics a problem and have a number of friends who are Catholic (as opposed to Jews of which I know not one). I even asked a Catholic once about some of these things and he told me he didn’t believe it, either. He said the priest that led him to God didn’t believe it, either. He said they both considered themselves to be “missionaries” to the Catholic Church.” Honest to God. No Holy Mary, no rosary. Those are Catholic things not Christian.

Luther was the father of Communism. By showing that the church could be challenged he implied everything could be challenged. That line of thought eventually led to Marxism

You think the Pope is infallible or something?

Yeah, that makes you a stupid Protty.

>Dude don't infer the obvious meaning of my post I didn't explicitly state the self-evident logical connection!
Pathetic damage control

Attached: yikes2.jpg (600x315, 16K)

I get it now,you're an american

Attached: la_luz_extinguido.png (640x550, 22K)

>He said, “Do not pray prayers of vain repetition”
>His response was “Do not revere the woman that bore me but my Father above.”
Since you are quoting the Bible wrongly, what kinda kike are you?

Glad to be of service.

If you think Peter was a Catholic the joke is on you.

>implying the trappings of a church actually matter
No Catholic of education asserts that you have to pray for saintly intercession to be saved. It's simply a tradition.

>Strawman
>Still no reading comprehension
Jew/10.

Baptist.

Focuses on the original New Testament documents as authoritative.

Highly decentralized. Less easy to corrupt.

Proponents of the separation of Church and State. For the protection of the church.

Emphasis on priesthood of believers. Flat, non-hierarchical leadership structures.

Soul liberty, no coercive conversion. Individual responsibility salvation.

Autonomy and primacy of the local church. Even if one Church becomes corrupted by bad theology, liberalism, the infection will usually remain isolated. The decentralized structure protects the Gospel from bring corrupted.

>If you think Peter was a Catholic the joke is on you.
This is your brain on Protestantism.

Orthodoxy.

Attached: FB_IMG_1548338755025.jpg (725x882, 61K)

>Fact is
>Lol, you're just being stupid again.
Fact is, I pity you

I'm actually American too so my experience growing up Catholic was in America. I've noticed that those who called themselves Christian outside of my parish growing up almost always meant Protestant though and often looked at me weird if I said Catholic and I genuinely never knew why.

“So we don’t go astray...”. Lurk moar.

You mean Communist kiddie fuckers? Funnily enough, that is what Protties are, Baptist or not. Even more funny, they project this on Catholics.

The teachings of christ led directly to the nicene creed which led directly to Catholicism

>non-argument
Yep, two more for the S E E T H I N G christcuck compilation

This is quite based tbqh. Protestant myself, but i've got plenty orthodox mates, and they shit they preach is pretty redpilled. So I think protestantism and orthodoxy are equal (but orthodoxy would probably take it, if I weren't biased towards protestantism)

Just read the bible and follow Jesus Christ, as teacher and Lord.

Why so butthurt though? Your knowledge of history is as usual lacking.

As I said, Americans are mainly Jewish/Freemason-influence. Both of those hate Catholicism, but they tolerate Protestantism. never asked yourself why? You should.

>ars ago, some guy on Jow Forums leaked the chat where they talked about un-christianzing Jow Forums.
Source? I've never heard of this and it sounds like bullshit considering pol was unironically never a Christian board

Next you’ll be telling me John The Baptist was a Catholic. Do a search. Who are the Johannites?

Look at you, when faced with no flag to deflect with you just make one up. You have no arguments, you're a squirming pathetic caveman and you'll die a useful idiot for world Jewry

Attached: grug.jpg (800x450, 42K)

>Yep, two more for the S E E T H I N G christcuck compilation
Why? You're misquoting, misinterpreting the Bible and making shit up. IS that supposed to be the argument we are supposed to be discussing? Because you got nothing - like every time this thread is made.

Pic is sensiblechuckle.jpg, but not wrong.

Anyone on Jow Forums who yells "CHRISTIANITY IS DA TROOOOO RELIJUN!" has done exactly zero reading on the origins of Christianity and Judaism and what Jews actually believe. They're culturally Christian, but they have no real knowledge of their own. Just a cloud of memes dreamed up and dumped on them by centuries of other people who came before them. It's "comfy" to stick with what you know, even if what you know isn't really what is real.

I doubt more than 20 people on Jow Forums know Yahweh was a war cult dreamed up by Midians.
I doubt more than 10 people on Jow Forums know Moses' main contribution to the Hebrews was merging their ORIGINAL deity, El Shaddai, with the imported cult of Yahweh.
I doubt more than 5 people on Jow Forums realize the Jewish god is just an amalgamation of pagan gods, and that their "true religion" is just as made up as every other Mesopotamian religion.

Some smart theologians IRL realize all of the things I just said are completely true, and thus abandon defending the biblical texts (being indefensible) and instead peg their faith on their god "revealing himself" somehow through the words written by desert barbarians.

Of course you never heard of it, because you are all newfags.

>sounds like bullshit considering pol was unironically never a Christian board
Thanks for proving my point.

I mean, you can probably google it up somewhere. But then again, who really cares? People like you are basically braindead - useful idiots.

>Gnostic Christian denomination founded by the French
Stopped reading there. See a shrink.

>John the Baptist
There wasn't a church yet you faggot

Kinda hard to do, when the bible is up for interpretation, which is why we look to denominations for guidance.

Wrong. JWs don't even believe in the Divinity of Christ, and are therefore not even Christians.

Bro, spending your night reading wordpress blogs and being autistic with your Rabbi doesn't count as research on Christianity. Just saying. You didn't even do basic research.

>pic
Documentary: Protestantism's Big Justification Lie
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8

Eastern "Orthodoxy" Exposed: Their Heretical Doctrine Of God
youtube.com/watch?v=d07mgLoOW8g

Attached: 1511963671612.png (900x3186, 814K)

Because you are bluepilled af and think you know the truth

>Jewish/Freemason-influence. Both of those hate Catholicism, but they tolerate Protestantism
kek,masons swear an oath to the order of malta, and who is the head of the knights of malta? is it the pope? maybe?...?
and jews... the rothschilds are "the guardians of the papal treasures" quoting from jewish encyclopedia 1911

this x 1000

Prove anything I just said is wrong.
You can't.

Attached: 1546846014992.jpg (720x860, 362K)