How come

The screen stays on and how come it didn't fly off the desk. Surely an assault rifle would break a cheap student laptop. This one looks funny to me. Like a prop almost

Attached: Shots-Fired-At-Stoneman-Douglas-High-School-Snapchat-Read.jpg (492x746, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qBVyF0I2Ruo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love and hate this picture because it intrigues me and I cannot reasonable explain it.

shots didnt damage the components of the laptop that would turn the screen off completely
you can clearly see that the screen itself is damaged though nut only at the places it is shot
you can test this by yourself by ramming your fist into the screen and you will see that at the place whereyou hit the screen it will be damaged while the places around wont be

a pellet gun would do that kind of damage, I know this because I love shooting monitors with mine

i went to school there, and knew a few friend's siblings who were there the day of

AMA

I have replaced more laptop screens than I can count over the years and that damage doesn't surprise me at all.

A bullet would go right through a laptop LCD and just leave a hole. It's a clean cut so it wouldn't put extreme force the LCD and damage the components that handle signalling.

TFT laptop displays can still function somewhat if part if them is damaged. The older passive matrix (STN, DSTN) screens from the 90's can't handle it as well.

BASIC PHYSICS

F=m×a
Equal force can have different rates of applications and over different surface areas, I.e. bullet tips and deforming polymers. Think about it without any conspiratorial mindset.
t. Conspiratorial mindset

For someone who has access to guns, you'd think you'd know a little about them

I bet you think a shotgun blast would knock a person back too? You could literally, LITERALLY just go to the shooting range, or outside in your yard, and test this RIGHT NOW.

But instead you choose to remain stupid and post slide thread conspiracy theories on Jow Forums. Unless.... wait a minute. Are you noguns? Fucking faggot.

And this.

Bullets have very low kinetic energy. What they actually have is a high velocity and a small surface area, allowing them to penetrate (and splinter if it's a hollow point) deep into soft objects, or through screens.

youtube.com/watch?v=qBVyF0I2Ruo
skip to 2:30

knows too little physics
knows too much physics

A: Because it went threw quickly.

whats the sauce on this?

That's alot of words to say nothing

>88
Think punching the screen with a fist vs an icepick gauntlet. You punch it, you knock it off the table. You icepick it, you leave a clean hole and the laptop barely moves. Now let the thread die before cancer metastasizes.

>what is inertial mass

Lemme explain it for someone as mentally challenged as you: the faster something is going when it strikes a body, the less energy will be imparted proportionally unless the striking body is, for all intents and purposes, infinitely stronger/denser/etc. than the body being struck (like when a train hits a guy on the tracks, for example). This is why bullets over penetrate, why sticking a bottle of water in the freezer cools it slower than sticking it in the refrigerator, etc.

the cudick brain damaged jidf crew is here to defend their sherrif israhell and the holohoax classes

>say nothing
>explains the basis of empirical experimentation

The only reason you'd think he was saying nothing is if you were actually a postmodernist relativistic shill, faggot

>t. boca brainlet

>MSD is in Boca

Attached: 1523082565908.gif (531x354, 3.6M)

Depends on how far away the shot was fired and if the bullet went through any other objects before striking the computer screen.

because even pistols will blast right through a screen with no resistance. Screens aren't designed to stop a bullet.

I shot a cell phone once. Im phone posting right now or I'd be able to offer pics. The first round went through the screen and I thought I had missed because it didn't move and didn't look damaged, but I realized I hit the keyboard (old Samsung 727) so I shot it once more and got the screen. It splintered up to a satisfactory level and I called it quits. There was more evidence of the .45 rounds exiting the phone than entering it.

Please just fucking kill yourself already.

how many times do we need to have this retarded thread?

Thinks you can throw a cartridge with any appreciable force

>This

.45 is a man stopper, the entry is small but the hole it makes on the exit is huge.
When you shoot someone with a .45 they will at least fall on their ass

>denying that muh chilruns don't transit to MSD from Boca
Tell me you've hung out with Ariana Grande's sister who goes to MSD?

that's from an air rifle. even a .22 would have a visible hole at that resolution

I don't believe they do. Why would they?

Spanish River is for niggers and spigs

I wouldn't know. I try to stay away from that kike infestation as much as possible.

No it would not fly of the desk. I don't know why you'd think it would. Bullet would just goes straight through the thin plastic screen and retain most of its energy.

As for why the laptop still seems to work dispite the bullet holes, i don't know. Maybe that type of flatscreen just works like that, where a section of the screen breaking does not shut down the entire screen.

Start shooting some laptops and try it yourself, it's an easy way to find out what happens.

If you've ever taken a laptop apart (I have) you'd know that the wire that runs the screen into the mobo is at the very bottom of the screen. Without destroying that wire or the motherboard the screen would still work

What's strange about this picture isn't the fact that the screen is still working or that the computer is still on the table, but the fact that the supposed bullet holes are glowing!!!

the virgin firearm operator
the chad bullet thrower

that's not how a Liquid Crystal Display works
the white you see is the actual background light
which means no bullet actually penetrated the lid

A fast moving rifle round wouldn't do that, that's now how physics work retard.

Nigger fuck off if i throw a baseball at that screen its going right the fuck off the desk and i can throw a baseball much slower than a bullet

>try to stay away
Me too. I moved to Stuart. Less crime.

One post by this id

if that's >holes< why the fuck are they white? shouldn't you see through it?

Managed a gun range for 3 years. I think you would be surprised at how the physics of this actually works. It seems to me that it is completely possible that a bullet could go straight through because it doesn't lose much energy striking such a thin barrier. If it is an older laptop that is heavier at the base than at the screen, I believe this "could" occur. If it was steel it was striking it would be a different outcome. Different calibers, loads, barrel lengths, can change things greatly. You would have to literally test it to be 100% sure.

we all have understood that shit by now. better tell me why the fucking holes are WHITE.

if that's real holes you would see what's behind it, not some pure white color...

Retard bait thread that just shows how ignorant people are about guns.

When you shoot a target at a gun range the target also flies away ...

Fair enough, I can't answer that. Also in my experience entrance hole is generally small while exit holes tend to be more gaping. Those seem like holes of a 45 and not something as small as a 5.56 or w/e they said he used.

THIS!!!! So much this!

>steel bolted to the ground
>vs. 1lb brittle plastic laptop sitting on a desk with nothing holding it down

How the fuck is it ignorant to ask questions... the eternal state of goblin america...
>don't ask question you ignorant bastard!
ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION or get the fuck out here, schlomo.

Adults ask "why"

How come = childspeek for "how did it come to pass that..."

Attached: pandp_fina_res_22.jpg (600x300, 82K)