Cold climate leads to higher intelligence, culture and and low time pref-

cold climate leads to higher intelligence, culture and and low time pref-

Attached: eskimo.jpg (719x406, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unique-everybody-else/201211/cold-winters-and-the-evolution-intelligence
youtube.com/watch?v=ZANhpb-7Pd4
youtube.com/watch?v=G-wOmB_NXHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>white people in any environment do better.
>colder climates breed a more prudent and forward thinking white person

colder not coldest

Fuck off, Kärpät just tied the game up, I'm busy.

Attached: Finn10.jpg (1143x736, 197K)

>no polluting tech
>no population overshoot
>strong family bonds and social network
>self-reliance is central to their culture, slackers don't survive
>natural births, natural deaths
>sustainable life
>no wars, conflict was rare
>organic life affirming spiritual beliefs to give a rich inner life to sustain individuals when life got tough

Attached: ted 8.jpg (420x316, 42K)

Non tropical climate. Smart people would've left blubbertopia a thousand years ago

Fuck, HPK scored while I was typing this AND I MISSED IT.

OP trying to imply that there is anything wrong with living like an eskimo

eskimo niggers never learned agriculture, which is basically the flywheel for success.

Once you have agriculture you can plan ahead and not spend everyday hunting and gathering, which results in natural selection favoring intelligence, which creates a cycle of smarter people who innovate and push their civilization forward.

Attached: tesla struggle.jpg (800x401, 26K)

OP got the thesis wrong. Cold climate increases raw capability, but it can only be manifested fully after cold climate races migrate into areas with temperate weather and resources. Based inuits would probably be the master race in several generations if they migrated south.

finland disagrees, vitun hupiukko

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 65K)

They made the best of what they got. There is just so little going on up there that they didn't need to really go any further... they already achieved what is probably perfect synchronization with the ecosystem using the tools "humanity" gave them.

still, the japanese intentionally chose not to "progress" for centuries and their iq is still measurably higher than world average.

meanwhile:
>Lynn (2006) presents data on IQ, brain size, and winter temperatures for a wide range of human racial groups to support his theory that colder winters are associated with higher IQ and larger brains. He has argued that generally speaking, average brain size is correlated with average IQ across human populations. However, he does note anomalies in the data. The peoples of the Arctic endure the harshest winter conditions of all. Lynn’s hypothesis would seem to predict that they would have the highest intelligence and the largest brain size of any race. Lynn’s review found that on average they did have larger brains than any other race. However, the median IQ of Arctic peoples according to Lynn’s data is 91.

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unique-everybody-else/201211/cold-winters-and-the-evolution-intelligence

You've just flipped it the other way round. Instead of eternal summer where there's always food sprouting out of the ground, you've got eternal winter where there's always food sprouting out of the ground.

>Be Finland
>Invent a knife
>Invent a steamroom
>????
>Mir submersibles
>memes

then coasts and fishing opporturnity should inhibit iq?

How long have Eskimos been in the north? They're still tan and they migrated there. Europeans have been in the Global North much longer.

the asians didn't evolve there you fucking retard
they were in these places for well under 10,000 years... hardly enough time for the proposed increases in intelligence brought on by climate to materialise in any significant way
(unless im mistaken)

You should try doing agriculture in the tundra and see how it goes. The only thing I don't get is why they wouldn't rather live there than move South. It's not like they didn't know it was warmer down there.

They're also very rural, which retards IQ due to lack of mental stimulation.

the trick is stagionality, not just cold

They actually built not just shelters but built whole landscape to support them like the swamp people of Britain once did. They developed techniques and technologies that were unique to their conditions.
Their advancement hit a wall due to lack of natural resources otherwise they would have possibly been as advanced as the slavs.

They actually have the highest visual IQ in the world

Cold climates forced people to work together to survive the winter.

That's TOO cold.

that is what you wished for

Attached: 1530565245700.jpg (700x658, 309K)

It's the cold climate AND agriculture together, not just the cold climate.

Maybe they liked their lifestyle?

>cold climate
switching between conditions is what leads to that, cold all the time is no different from hot all the time, you learn one kind of survival and you are good to go.

Its only when you must anticipate needing to use different skill sets in advance that intelligence forms.

maybe they were running from someone... or some thing

sounds plausible, i cant think of any counterexample

After huwites and chinks, eskimos score highest on iq tests. An average of like 95 I believe.

>They're still tan and they migrated there.

There's so much reflective snow and no tree cover so they're being constantly cooked by UV from every direction even if they remain cold. They even had to invent a form of sunshades just so their ice hunters wouldn't go blind from constantly staring into bright white reflected sunshine all the time.

Whites are pale because our lands are cold, but also heavily forested. Mongolians for example, live at essentially the same latitudes as many Europeans but are swarthier than most of them because they too have no trees to take shade under. Many meditteranian cultures also swarthy from a persistent lack of trees (As their forests were obliterated to create the stereotypical Mediterranean climate back in the early bronze age.) The British Isles are kinda the odd boys out despite suffering significant deforestation because they get a LOT of protective cloud cover and fog due to the trans-atlantic current hitting them directly.

Attached: 1543860422657.jpg (1280x853, 503K)

Like I said they have a high visual Iq. they have an extreme boost in one area due to an extreme environment.

>never learned agriculture, which is basically the flywheel for success.
If this was the case, the smartest people should be in Nile river valley, Mesopotamia and Indus river valley.

Meanwhile very late adopters of agriculture like Norwegians and Finns are among the smartest populations in the world. It seems like among Europeans, those who had least time to adopt agriculture are the smartest. Agriculture makes people dumber, not smarter.

Attached: primitivism.png (404x501, 378K)

Don't they have the largest cranial capacity of any race?

the arctic doesn't seem that bad.

people settled there 'cause there's abundant fish, seals, and other game.

once you master the hunting and shelters, there's no real pressure or incentive to change the lifestyle. it's all easy street from there.

The very ground in the arctic is covered in ice meaning agriculture is completely impossible thats why the eskimos and siberians couldnt do anything. Eskimos also have higher impulse control than blacks to the point they are not extinct in their natural habitat.

Anyone who has lived during winter knows its harder to survive in cold than heat.

lifestyle looks pretty comfy

Attached: inuits.jpg (1024x679, 233K)

Remember Babylon, Egypt, and Persia were among the greatest civilizations of their time, but eventually were dominated by more backwards cultures with primitive and aggressive ideologies such as Islam, which effectively erased all their achievements and regressed them to primitives.

Same with Native American cultures in North America who were well on track to learning settlement and agriculture importance. They were overrun by savages and all we got left are burial mounds.

In short, savages outnumbering everyone is how civilizations fall. And Islam is mostly savages.

Explain Ontario then. Everything and everyone is a fag from there. And it's -30 every fucking winter.

1 word
Anglos

visual IQ is the progenitor of other forms of IQ. Read Ernst Cassirer, spatial reasoning is the precursor of reason because we talk about concepts spatially. Just think about politics, the "left" and the "right", science which started out from eulerian spatial reasoning, etc. There is no doubt in my mind that inuits could become incredibly intelligent in several hundred years if they migrated south and were forced to evolve on their own.

>agriculture in the arctic polar region
What could they possibly grow

>harder
it requires knowing the skills to do so. hard or easy is not the question at hand here, its the benefits of prediction of the seasons changing, causing you to plan ahead and do the things in one season you can not do in the other.

It doesnt need to be about pure survival difficulty, because just surviving is not how competition works, you could have two communities who survive just fine, but one does more than survive, it prospers, and out competes the other. It becomes stronger, spreads further, wins in conflicts with the other. Something as simple as stocking certain kinds of seasonal foods for year round use for simple pleasure and enjoyment is enough for this. It stimulates the kind of long term planning that is then useful for other things.

Southern Ontario is not that cold and it's where 90+% live.

no shit. look into white history, we almost did it to. the reason it didn't happen is because we would have starved without it.

Attached: 1529956554134.png (551x537, 31K)

Big difference between arctic climate and the European climate.

Availability of resources alone is enough to explain why you, for all intents and purposes, fucking retarded.

Based.

Attached: 1548493786014.webm (204x360, 234K)

but dont ashkenazis have lower than below average spatial intelligence? these things dont seem to be correlated enough to assume one to be subsidiary to the other.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZANhpb-7Pd4

Both antarctica/alaska would be great for geothermal.

Ah, a traditional Finnish breakfast.

Also, I believe i have seen evidence that they have the largest brains on earth due to the increased spatial awareness.

There is a difference between living in a colder climate that forces you to evolve and create artificial environment around you to overcome the harsh conditions you live in and a literal arctic wasteland.

give me a rundown on oymyakon friend.

I think it's a cycle of civilizations. Prosperity can lead to dsygenics when selective pressures are no longer as strongly there. Farming in the north is much more demanding on the individual, or was, until modern technology you wouldn't get the abundance that those places can produce. You're listing some of the most fertile sustainable places in history.

Italy has a very high IQ and is mostly farmer genetically. They probably would be even higher if they didn't feed their peasants free bread for generations under the Rome.

Yes, that's why they aren't good at pure science. they are only smart in the context of verbalizing. They can't truly understand ideas, only dialectic.

>no qt Inuit wife to go hunting with

Attached: cPbsOcc.png (640x360, 337K)

Not to mention one of the most nutrient dense diets of all time.

but muh jack schwartz, stanistlaw ulam, feynman
20th century science would be unthinkable without them. pure science is algebraic, not visual. visuals cause scepticism because they are usually misleading.

Looks nice.

t. Colorado

Being in canada, i find it hard to imagine people can actually live in -20 degree Celsius temperature all year round, with no air conditioning, in an environment almost impossible for most food or plants to grow.

Brutal as fuck. Isn't that almost child abuse killing animals in front of kids.

They like dogs, which instantly makes them based.

inuit are a recent phenomenon

Isn't that a moist nugget?

I loved that show until it jumped the shark after the first few seasons. That canadian guy with his wife and clan of half inuit kids is living the fucking dream though

lmfao the kid with the bloody cup.

>Explain Ontario
Canada.

With a hex receiver. It's from an American show about people living off the land in Alaska.

You mean Chip? I thought the kids were hers from another marriage and the guy is from Montana. I can't stand that fruitcake that only uses hand tools or that crazy lady with the airfield. A lot of respect for that way of life though.

>qt

Attached: im done.gif (448x252, 2.28M)

I didn't say civilizations couldn't live in harsh climates. The people of Oymyakon didn't evolve and build their civilization there. Look at everything they have...it all "came" from somewhere else.

No, why?

I thought there was something oddly familiar about the rifle and I think it's probably because the rifle is a Finnish variant of the rifle, m/39 "Ukko-Pekka". You can tell from the rear sight. I should have noticed it at the first sight, I have played with them enough and the rear sight is nothing like on the Russian rifle.

Attached: m39 rear sight.jpg (640x480, 54K)

M/39 was Simo's gun, yes?

No, Simo used a m/27 "Pystykorva". Functionally they are pretty much the same and I can't tell for sure if the rifle actually is m/27 or m/39. The biggest difference is in the stock profile, m/39 has more of a pistol grip to it, while m/27 is completely straight. Other differences probably were something like sling swivels and stuff like that, but I don't really remember right off the top of my head.

Excellent rifles both. Very accurate, more so than vast majority of Russian Mosins, especially the wartime ones.

Yeah, I always look for Finnish nuggets at gun shows. Only ever saw one and it was 5 times as expensive as a Soviet moist.

Extreme climate crushes man, and he must survive on what he manages to scrape, in constant struggle, so man has space to develop only up to certain limit. You can't sit on your ass and think, because you will die of hunger if you will not hunt.
Cultures that invent things originate from Southern Europe and Mesopotamia, a places that don't outright drown you in free shit like Africa but instead provide good ways to exploit nature for your own gain as long as you understand how to do it. Word "Aryan" derives from one describing farming and anthropologists named with it tribes who first of all humanity started to working the earth.
And by the way, I'll take nomadic northern mongols over kebabs or niggers anytime.

Yeah, I guess the quality and the rarity costs, although it shouldn't cost insane amounts. Those things are everywhere around here and one costs something like 250-400€
Finnish army actually uses some refurbished rifles as their main sniper rifle, 7.62 Tkiv 85. I think the barrel is new, but some of the other parts, such as the receiver, on some of the guns maybe even older than the country itself, from the Czar's era.

Attached: 7,62_Tarkkuuskivääri_85_Lippujuhlan_päivä_2013.jpg (2272x1510, 1.13M)

I want to snipe Ruskies with my Finnbros. :(

Attached: finnish_sniper.jpg (800x529, 103K)

Vastly more intelligent than niggers

This doesn't explain why Native Americans lived in North America for 20,000 years but remained essentially African-tier except for agriculture.
The more I think about it the less the winter hypothesis makes sense.

Cold climates, especially seasonally cold climates.
Not arctic climates.
Why you so stupid?

Gotta be White, dumbass

Brother wars serve KIKES

variation in climate aka seasons

Op is a queer

I don't really have anything against Russians as long as they stay on their side of their border with their tanks and little green men. The western commies however...

youtube.com/watch?v=G-wOmB_NXHU

Doesn’t a bigger brain mean it’s just heavy and less efficient?
I’d rather be in hot climates where women run topless and my dick doesn’t shrivel up.

Well, yeah, that I understand. I'm just happy the Pelicans tied it up with SaiPa a few minutes ago. Kinnunen made a great shot and Denisov was ejected from the game.

fear the Fin

Attached: 14_Avanto_ML.jpg (900x601, 116K)

Aww, that’s fucked

i'd like to see you survive in the polar north you soft faggot, eskimos are based.

The eskimo can hunt whale and seals year round, that's why they didn't select for intelligence, and the ability to plan ahead. Europeans relied on farming, which meant they had a limited time window to gather and store a surplus of food.

I don't really follow SM-Liiga myself, but I am glad you enjoyed the match.

>cold climate leads to higher intelligence, culture and and low time pref-

Wow it's like there's a limit to everything huh. If the environment is plentiful in resources that are difficult to acquire, then it results in a forward thinking, high intelligence population. But if it's low in resources that are difficult to acquire, then it results in people who spend all their time struggling to survive.

But I don't expect a brainlet like you to understand.

the natives didn't have horses, cattle, sheep etc. everything they did had to manually labour, and technology from one tribe did not spread quickly, or at all to other tribes

The end result is the same. The animal was murdered. It isn't much different than being boiled alive in factory farms or being ground to bits as a baby chick. Think a little about what you purchase with your money.

Attached: chick.webm (480x480, 2.8M)

I think it's because white countries are the only ones that routinely executed their criminals. In more savage societies the criminals are the ones in charge and they hold everyone else back