Did Gamergate unironicaly politicise and radicalise an entire generation of young white males who were previously...

Did Gamergate unironicaly politicise and radicalise an entire generation of young white males who were previously ambivalent

Attached: gamergate-th[1].jpg (701x336, 127K)

Yes

No. It didn't change anything.

Giving that nerd culture was getting BIG around 07-08 I think it was inevitable that it would happen.

not even 1% of people know what that shit is, so no

Not really, just enough to make it seem that way. Some of us have known shit's fucked for a WHILE. Google Operation Sundevil if you have some spare time.

No thats what inthought at first but now that i have perspective.....it radicalized gamers but in the same time period of 2014-2016 there was essentially a gamergate-tier event in every indusyry and community, all part of a massive trend of left wing propaganda and a reaction to it.

I just wanted to play video games.

The real trigger was the Establishment using SJWism to neuter Occupy. Occupy was an organic and popular manifestation of resistance to elite power structures, which they found very threatening; they undermined it by infiltrating it with pink-haired progressives, trannies, etc. so that it devolved into woke infighting and petered out. But they lost control of it and it spread into the mainstream, a consequence of which was the Gamergate fiasco.

I will never forgive them

it was bound to happen. if it wasn't gamergate it was going to be something else. I mean, just look at what's going on...

Enough to make a difference.

Pretty much

gamergate was the franz ferdinand moment for our current gay culture wars

Attached: 1526584476827.jpg (656x754, 123K)

essentially only loser nerds on the fringe of society are aware of what gamergate even is, and fortunately they're too beta to actually do anything with their newfound salty whiteboi beliefs lol. i live in a modestly small town in the south, not some liberal hellhole, and no real humans care about your basementdwelling activism

Attached: So_Not_Mad.jpg (601x508, 31K)

I was part of Gamergate, can say with certainty that, while it helped, to say it is as responsible to white awareness as the anti-white smears of the left or the mass invasion of non-whites into Europe is a incredible overstatement.

We didn't start the fire, but we certainly helped it a bit while it was heating up.

Attached: I Can't See Shit.jpg (291x399, 47K)

Absolutely this.
Occupy started as a populist movement opposed to the massive bailouts for corporations (banks in particular), while simultaneously not giving any kind of relief to regular Americans with mortgages.
It was quickly invaded with bullshit like the progressive stack and other commie sjw shit, almost immediately seeing people working to chase off whites (men in particular).
A similar thing happened to the tea party protests, in that neocons jumped all over it and redefined it as some kind of neocon movement, taking ownership and subverting it from being a populist protest.

it was well under way by the time gamergate happened.

Gamergate didn't do it for me. Being friends with non-Europeans in college did it.

They're self-interested scum and do not deserve to live in America. Their ancestors did nothing here. They will be removed.

>bazinga