Lamenting the loss of American culture a lot rn

My mom was humming “O Shenandoah” while cleaning the dishes earlier. For all you euros who don’t know it, it is a classic American folk song originating from the fur traders who would sail up and down the Missouri River.

We used to have such a repertoire of distinctly American music: songs like Battlehymn of the Republic, Clementine, America the Beautiful. I realize that America was never as culturally cohesive like many European countries, but wow what a decline in 100 years. We have no culture left.

Attached: 55EC8BA9-E35A-482D-BD53-5EF1E4B6ACE8.jpg (600x311, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crg6U-sSOTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

american culture was so ephemeral,at least white american culture. this country lets in whoever. American culture as you think is only the product of european migration. soon, a new american culture will be formed because people of a different set of nations are arriving. there is no american culture, just a collage in flux. that picture is just honkies genociding indians to have more stuff, nothing really noble

American culture, meaning "pioneering, westward expansion, wild west" cultures are dead. Mormons and literal farmers are essentially the only ones still practicing old America.

I beg to disagree, america had it's specific culture, maybe young yet pretty distinctive, but what is more important it had and still has a higher level of civilization than most of the world.
It is however the main feeding ground for the international jewry, so I personally find it weird it isn't a society of mindless slaves.

No I recognize that most Americans were here for profit and didn’t give a shit about the culture they were creating.

But what I’m trying to say is that there’s a huge deficit in culture in our country currently. Even as people are coming into our country, they’re not creating their own distinct culture with beautiful songs and pride, they’re literally just pawns eagerly waiting to consume the next iPhone.

Give it another 20 years.

The high quantity of Jews is precisely why we aren’t slaves. People don’t trust them even though most people aren’t explicitly anti-Semitic.

That and also the fact that the first amendment is so important here. Our country would never institute “hate speech” laws like Europe. Citizens threaten to lynch the politicians every time that topic is brought up in Congress because it’s so unconstitutional.

I've already decided that if I'm not married by the time out of the navy, I'm moving up to Alaska to start a homestead so I can preserve my own little slice of Americana.

I know that feel, user. Someday, we'll experience a proper American renaissance, but until then just do what you can to keep the culture alive. America at its prime represents the best humanity has to offer, and we'll HAVE to return to form, someday.

What if we actually die out

other than the anglos who had been there for centuries possibly at that point, i think that its likely that the new arrivals from europe werent adopting/forging american culture. they still latched on to their own culture originally. There a hilarious editorial from colonial times written by Ben Franklin called "Swarthy Germans" about his fears of German immigrants Germaning up the place and not adopting our culture. Eventually the immigrants' children and children's children end up adopting the culture plus adding some new flavours. It takes time for immigrants to add new things to the culture, give it some time. In the meantime enjoy the remnants from the golden age of Americana while they last.

America the country might go, but America the idea won't. America shaped the first world. Our political ideas infest every modern nation in the world. You couldn't kill America (idea) if you tried.

>Eventually the immigrants' children and children's children end up adopting the culture plus adding some new flavours. It takes time for immigrants to add new things to the culture

But they’re not adopting the culture. There are some Mexicans who are 4th generation and haven’t assimilated. Blacks have been here for hundreds of years and most haven’t assimilated or added anything to the American identity which they deem hostile and foreign.

And even if these groups could assimilate and add their own flair to our country's culture, it would be worse than what it was before. Minorities prefer big government and limited freedom. This is a loss for Europeans and our American “culture” will likely only become more and more primitive and violent like the shitholes that they were determined to leave.

You said you wanted some great distinctly American music?

Attached: Sousa.jpg (208x242, 7K)

Godspeed, user.

I daily lament the loss of old America. But we persevere, do we not?

Attached: winter_forge.jpg (190x246, 12K)

I remember I had to read Tom Sawyer as an obligatory book here in Poorland

Mexicans are an exception cause the proximity of their homeland. Blacks have some of the most American culture that exists. In fact black culture's the most pure American culture. White culture has been modified by immigrants and laced with their home cultures, Black culture was created from scratch out of necessity and has been the only american culture preserved in an isolated state since before the founding of this nation

I try to. I want to buy like 100 rural acres and have my own slice of America to preserve as someone above me also said.

Ok there’s no way you’re not Jewish.

Black culture has not “been preserved in an isolated state”. Blacks themselves don’t even know what their culture is. Fried chicken? Give me a break.

theyre culture was formed from scratch from a vauge pan-African mix. They didn't speak the same language when they got here as slaves and adopted english to communicate to eachother from the getgo (eventually creating their own pidgin-ish 'dialect'). They also didn't have the same culture so they formed literally the first purely american culture since the indians arrived from Beringia. They also may very well be the only part of pure American culture left after modern immigration kills it off. Jeez man, just cause you don't subjectively think its high culture doesnt mean its not a culture that objectively exists.

Here is the track for anyone who doesn't know "O Shenandoah".

youtube.com/watch?v=crg6U-sSOTY

Attached: MURKAAAA.jpg (640x480, 250K)

I know a couple 2nd Gen Mexican guys that are well assimilated. One likes soccer - that's about the only thing that sets him apart aside from being able to offer interesting insight into what Mexico is like based on his keeping in touch with family there. The border jumpers are easy to spot though, "no english" , works ag or construction act like creepy midgets toward women in public etc

An amazing work of American literature, as is the companion book Huckleberry Finn. Honestly if someone asked me what is quintessential American literature, I'd name one of those 2 books.

If there ever was high black culture in America as you wrongly claim, it would have since been bastardized into the modern nigger quagmire that the vast majority of them get sucked into.
Any culture they may have once had was only what rubbed off on them from whites.

American culture is still here. There are still artists working with specifically American sound, images, etc. There are still museums filled with the American paintings in every city, and while great American books are buried and kept out of school curriculum (to make room for woke bullshit) they've not yet been burned.

But keep in mind that the old, "real" American culture is what transformed into globohomo. We'll need to find our own way out if we want to survive the collapse of globohomo. We can't retrace our steps, and the old songs and books will only dimly light the way.

Attached: Alright.gif (219x186, 1.76M)

Ahh so that's why it's illegal to call a boycott on israel.

i implied it wasn't high brainlet. u seem to misunderstand what culture means. its not a goal to attain, its literally just something that exists that you can catalog, like species of birds

Holy fuck.

It has been so erased you litterally dont know it existed. Im not memeing

>post_colonial_critical_race_theory_indoctrination.exe

Imagine having so much power that you don't even need to burn the books and paintings of the people you've conquered--you just brainwash their kids for 12-18 years until they can't even see it.

You've heard the phrase "The Great American Experiment" before, no? That "experiment" was letting in fucking everyone and seeing what happened. It worked for a while because everyone was white. When it stopped being everyone white in 1965, then this country quickly went to shit. Drugs, gang warfare, mass-shootings, terrorism, corrupt corporate culture, the disintegration of trust in the state, the emptying of churches, the rise of consumer culture, the pointless hedonism of everyday existence, the cost of living outstripping wages, mass-immigration and civil strife, etc.

So the conclusion to this "experiment" is that no, but fuck no, letting EVERYONE into one country is an insanely bad idea. Europe will look like the worst places of Detroit in 20 years because they made the mistake of letting their demographic well get poisoned.

Yet blacks still have none

Western culture created the corporation. Corporations created consumer culture and then proceeded to consume all culture shit it out and consume it again. The good news is that we Burgers dive head first into everything and now that we have eaten recycled shit until there is nothing left to extract from it, we will be at the forefront of whatever comes next.

Attached: American lifestyle.jpg (448x709, 58K)

>Blacks have been here for hundreds of years and most haven’t assimilated or added anything to the American identity which they deem hostile and foreign.

I love how morons go on about how niggers haven't assimilated, but dont discuss how a large portion of the countries history was dedicated to keeping niggers separate. Fucking moron.

Attached: tko.jpg (225x225, 9K)

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

GUCCI GANG

Your points are mostly correct, although I don't believe that the average westward pioneer was thinking about committing genocide, by moving across the lands in and around Native American tribes' territories, which were largely fluid concepts to nomadic Natives, compared to settled people.

Its a fucking trip