American wage slaves will defend this

american wage slaves will defend this

Attached: 1548543699521.png (891x904, 852K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PBsA7S8jxfU
cs.stanford.edu/people/eroberts/cs181/projects/crunchmode/econ-hours-productivity.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=PBsA7S8jxfU

Attached: unnamed.jpg (1200x630, 259K)

Casual laborer, U.K. (14th century): 1,440 hours
Adult male peasant, U.K. (13th century): 1,620 hours
Average worker, U.S. (2015): 1,811 hours
Manufacturing workers, U.K. (1988): 1856 hours
Average worker, U.S. (1987): 1,949 hours
Farmer-miner, adult male, U.K. (1400-1600): 1,980 hours
English worker (Middle Ages): 2,309 hours

Your source is cringe bro. It says some types of peasants have hundreds more hours while others have hundreds less depending on researxh

thread would be better you had taken a picture of the phone you're taking a picture of the other phone with, dad

kill yourself shill rat

You just envy the bourgeoisie!

Anybody who doesn't want to serve the bourgeoisie who want to replace you is just a jealous communist!

We all should go to big urban agglomerations and praise the bourgeoisie!

That's probably because hours worked varies depending on the period, place, and type of work bro. When did miners ever have it good?

Don’t work in muh service industry.

If you aren’t capable of landing a high paying job (above 40k per year) then just become a servivalist or something. The system only survives because we chose to participate

Tyranny of the clock

The average American also lives better than a medieval king.

ya but i can order a pizza and get it in 20 minutes. those fags had to spend hours just to cook and clean shit i throw in the garbage.

>working for the man all day and night
>living
Americans crack me up.

If you think about this logically, it is only true. What you have to think about is that now we have electricity to allow for light to work by, why back in the day your main source of light was natural lighting. I work about 10 hours+ a day year round, where I have a feeling that peasants worked more hours in the summer (when there is more natural light during the day) than during the winter.

yeah but peasants dont have fresh memes
checkmate libruls

average wage slave lives like a medieval king.

i also make more money

medieval peasants were pussies and wouldn't know a day of work if paco showed them

The source for this data was the book of some SJW commie; I would like to hear an actual breakdown.

Where are the sources?

This.

Source?

i get the argument, but my psyche requires me to stay busy and suffer. i don't handle prosperity well.

Instead of looking from the late medieval period, why don't we look at how much time hunter gatherers had to spend "working"? That's the real fuckin red pill.

Attached: 1547107891130.png (545x526, 653K)

He's probably referring to access to food, having an indoor toilet, etc. Problem is its not really comparable as far as ways of life go.

Holy shit! I can already see the headlines tomorrow!
"Fuckwit republitard solves poverty!"
"Stop being poor by getting a high paying job!"
"Tired of being poor? Become a caveman!"
"Can't pay rent? Why not just get more money?"
"Learn how this Jow Forums dildo tricked the banks by not being poor!"

Also threadly reminder anyone arguing against capitalism and comparing it to serfdom is a commie that has no grasp of history

No idea who published this, but this has to be the dumbest sentence I have ever read in my life. Peasants worked sun up to sun down and spent every moment of free time attending one of like 50 weekly church services that were held in a language they couldn't even fucking understand.

He's not wrong, faggot.
It would only take so many of us breaking the social contract and checking out for the global system to collapse.

Attached: 1547349989627.jpg (400x283, 39K)

Understand markets.

>need $
>live in America
>choose marketable skill
>if skill requires degree go to uni
>if skill does not require degree learn on internet and local library
>after graduate/certified go market your skill
>make $

It's not terribly difficult to provide value to somebody else. If you can do nothing, that's your own fault really.

how is work bad?
sounds like you are a fat lazy piece of shit with nothing to offer the world. sad.

Attached: 1510889594310.jpg (500x482, 25K)

Oh no! Sounds like we’ve found a wagecuck nordling

I never claimed to have solved poverty, nordtard. I am simply saying that if you are living in worse conditions than medieval peasants or whatever, stop working at Starbucks or McDonalds your whole life. If you aren’t smart enough to get a better job, then stop bitching/feeding the system.

It really isn’t hard to get a decent job if you work hard/have an IQ above 90

Some studies have shown that workers are more productive the less hours they work. I'll try not to be a faggot and find you a source

>1560, work 6 days a week for 14 hours
>2019, work 5 days a week for 8 hours
wow, the poor children

Attached: 1547718799522.png (657x527, 30K)

Work is for cucks

>no illegals
the eternal leftoid, tars the reasonable and the unreasonable with the same brush to poison opinion.

this
obvious children. literally not everybody can male 40 a year, why?
because some people are just stupid, dumb or just escaped natural selection because they are weak. so glad you children dim wits think you speak for millions of people who make 20-30 g a year and have happy loving families and jobs that people appreciate. your points are completely invalid.
>muh I cant be rich like my hero elon musk so ill just break the social contract and collap[se the world because tha joos.
absolute low iq faggots.

Yet you post no source

`make* niggers.

Nah its true working a factory job we go hard til 12,first 5 hours after that we slow down..we are humans i think the study said 4hours

GTFO shill poster.

cs.stanford.edu/people/eroberts/cs181/projects/crunchmode/econ-hours-productivity.html
This is one of the first things that pop up on google. I've seen some that say 30 hrs/week would generally be optimal but I'm too lazy to go find them.

>Don’t work in muh service industry.
that automatically rules out most jobs nowadays, then.

I'm a fucking luddite faggot, I want the system to collapse

Attached: 1547350394886.jpg (366x465, 21K)

If you think your life is worse make 20-30k a year today than being a medieval peasant, then stop bitching and do something about it, is all I was trying to say.

Money means little in the meaning of any man’s life

is 20-30 g a year a lot in america?

>UK (14th century)

Attached: aAxAvYg_700b.jpg (550x543, 30K)

>be medieval peasant
>30 hours of physically crushing work tilling the fields a week, spend rest of my time drinking and playing a folk instrument in a literal mud hut, ready to die at any moment of plague, war, or famine
>some yuppie who works forty hours a week and enjoys luxuries, feasts, and entertainments kings don't even have in my time tells me 'OMG u have it so good!!!11!'
>mfw

Attached: 1534032020765.png (553x569, 101K)

Join your local trade union

because you are weak. and probably not even paying the cable bill you post this on, fucking loser.

If it’s so bad, then fucking leave the system entirety or get a better job. Just stop bitching about you life being worse than a medieval peasant

that is the wrong question

peasantry is a shit motivator to work

my boss doesn't fuck my wife on our wedding night so im ok

Problem with this, is that it doesn't count things that go outside of their job.
So if you're farming, anything outside that is not work.
Meaning spending hours crafting candles, chopping firewood, collecting drinking water, are all not counted.
And those took hours.

Attached: candle.jpg (736x552, 111K)

Google says in 2017 the average was 60k, but I think that's around what a good chunk of americans make. I make about 17k a year working 50 hour weeks, you can get by but it can be rough. I just don't give enough of a shit about money to want to earn more.

Supply and demand
You don't live in a vacuum
If you're not making enough money, change your job so you are.

>capitalism is different from communis-

Invalid comparison. The average American lives in such splendor as to reduce all monarchs for the sum total of human history to tears.

Also we're not all working outside being slaughtered by bands of brigands or getting our faces melted off in a random hay fire.

I'm weak because I'd prefer to live self reliant and in nature. Galaxy brain logic right there.

only poor lazy people talk of money in such ways.
money is essential or you end up wishing the world will collapse. well i sure hope that the rest of society is on board with such a childish crusade,
if you are over 30 making 20 a year you FUCKED UP
20 a year jobs are entry level for children and part timers. you people are fucking retarded.

You commies can live in an amish community.
Pack up your bags.

That's a myth. If that actually happened serfdom would've ended a lot fuckin sooner than it did.

>I want to live off the land like my ancestors with no evil man to work for
this is the 21st century dumbfuck, sorry you are too lazy to get on board

>galaxy logic
>wants to live in the past before modernization
holy fuck is this kid for reel

Attached: 1518074543783.jpg (366x380, 19K)

When did I blame business owners you fucking moron? Admit it, you're a lazy fat (and old, you fucking boomers are so easy to spot) faggot that wouldn't be able to survive for 2 days without a grocery store

Nice samefagging.

Attached: 1547396282886.jpg (480x480, 60K)

average is not a good measurement for the typical when there is large differences in the population. that top 1% probably increases the average by a fuckload. the median is probably a more accurate estimate.

You can always get better at doing something.
Growth can just be doing things better or more efficiently.
If you deliver your products to the store using a self driving car, and so your delivery costs are down 20% and you're able to save a nickel on producing your product, that's growth.
If the truck your product is delivered on changes the pallets, so it is able to be unloaded 10% faster, and you end up saving half a penny on the price of your product, that's also growth.
And that has nothing to do with using more resources
Until we are all immortals living with matter replicators and dyson spheres there will be growth

I was saying 30k would probably be closer to what the real average is. 30k would be hard to support a family on, depending on where you live, if that's what you were trying to get at.

>Work longer hours than some peasant
I have indoor plumbing and air conditioning, aside from sex slaves I live better than any king

Is this a jew speaking or did they really get you that good?

The argument isn't about just economic growth, but your examples can still be argued against.
What happens when the millions of truckers in america that have no other education are put out of work by self driving vehicles? Like you say, it will happen. Do you think they can just be retrained and thrown back into the job force? What about when most service industry jobs become automated as well? Even if we do end up at a post scarcity point, you're going to have 100s of millions of very angry people without work.

i work 7 hours a day and make 400k

But how do you manage to suck four hundred thousand dicks in 7 hours?

work is the price we pay for money

yeah, that's what i was wondering. jeez. i think 30k is about the minimum wage in norway.

30k is the median personal income.

The Average American lives better than a medieval King too.

but money is created for free

Almost $40/hr when on over time. Get up to 70 hours a week during the busiest times of year, why not take advantage

ikr? can't we all just paint our own money? what's the worst that can happen? a little economic collapse has never hurt anyone.

>What happens when the millions of truckers in america that have no other education are put out of work by self driving vehicles? Like you say, it will happen. Do you think they can just be retrained and thrown back into the job force? What about when most service industry jobs become automated as well? Even if we do end up at a post scarcity point, you're going to have 100s of millions of very angry people without work.
Yes. We've done it before, and can do it again
Humans are adaptable.
We had another form of automated mass transportation. Elevators. They used to have operators, now they don't. It's not on the same scale, but it's something we went to.
Or, the closing of walmarts and other retail businesses for online businesses. It closes down stores, but allows consumers to save masses of money, and so now someone can have a job making niche products to sell to a mass market
The problem I have with your post is it is classic broken window fallacy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window
You're only looking at the jobs lost driving trucks, or repairing windows, and not where every american family getting cheaper products, or what else they could spend the money they spent on repairing the window on.

Attached: agriculture.png (3000x2100, 228K)

so we only allow the jews to print it eh?

Marx and his spergy terminology will not free you from human nature, which is ultimately the cause of these oppressive systems. You can only master human nature through enlightened tyranny.

you're free to print your own. tell me how it went later.

Nah I understand that this has happened many times. But as you said, never on a scale this large. Huge fucking sectors are going to be cut when this shit happens.
I'm just one of the people that thinks it'll be different this time.

Sorry, user, on Jow Forums, the home of the billionaire HVAC tech, that shit is small potatoes. Get yourself six apartment buildings and a mountain of cryptocurrency and try again.

>Serfdom
>Falling for the fixed settlement meme

We've been getting cucked since 10 000 BC

Attached: 1548496960257.jpg (667x989, 176K)

As far as automation goes, that isn't the crux of the argument at all, just an issue I see on the horizon. New sectors in the job market don't seem to be emerging (at least from what I've seen) and a huge chunk of what will be first to go will be entry level work, which to me seems like it could be even more of a problem considering how hard it is to find a job without previous work experience.

This but unironically

its the game we play my dude

>Working your whole life to pay off an overvalued pittance of land so you can afford to die in a hellhole nursing home.

Attached: q212.jpg (500x522, 30K)

Also makes way more and has 3x the size house slide

as someone that lived for a while in rural portugal where people have kept to traditions, while they indeed do a lot of back breaking work, they also do a lot more eating, drinking, dancing and fucking than us city folk

work = good

working for other people = bad

working for people you absolutely can't stand = slavery

>>working for the man all day and night
big wheel keeps on turnin'

We're rollin' on a river. uffda

One day, I'm gonna buy a bunch of land and farm it to feed myself.

But I hardly work at all!

When your job is to produce barely above subsistence amounts of food then yes. You have a great deal to do at certain times, yes. But for long stretches you have very little to do. The specialized worker produces for the whole society. Thus there is more to do. The specialized worker has skills and tools, which is one of the many things that make the specialized worker scarce, means that they have to produce greatly in excess of their proportion. So on and so on. The subsistence farmer works little, but is dirt poor regardless of whether or not he works. The specialized worker must work more, but his labor yields immense wealth. Do you really need to have the primary consequences of the division of labor explained to you? Have a group of men all fish or forage for themselves, and they'll all eat enough and have plenty of time. Have one fish, one forage, one gather firewood and another build shelters, and everyone will eat better and sleep more warm and sound.

>inb4 what about the decreased workload as you travel higher up hierarchies? Incentive and scarcity of human capital in certain fields don't exist!