Solar is growing much faster than predicted. Over 108 gigawatt were installed just last year alone...

Solar is growing much faster than predicted. Over 108 gigawatt were installed just last year alone. At what point do conservatives admit they were wrong about Solar and start embracing the technology or are they gonna fight to the bitter end for fossil fuels at the expense of the prosperity of western nations?

Attached: 75F51DB0-694E-45C1-AF17-D035484E9BD4.png (551x469, 93K)

We still don't have anything remotely close to what we need to even begin phasing out ICE's.
Molten Salt Thorium Reactors when?

do you know how an electrical grid works?

That's 108 niggawatts. Tyroneeqiuous stole a PV system and hooked it up in Aunt Jemima's backyard, big fuckin deal.
We'll embrace solar when the numbers pencil out better than plug in power.

By the end of this year solar is expected to hit grid parity in most of China without subsidy according to industry and government sources. Keep in mind China doesn’t get that much sun like other places. The writing is kind of on the wall for fossil fuels

you dont know

That's not the expensive part. The energy storage is what costs you a pretty penny.

There's nothing more redpilled than driving a Tesla which you charge using your own solar panels.

Defeating countless Jews with this method

Not that longer really maybe 1 or 2 more years

Why is there such a hard on for photo-voltaic? Solar thermal works plenty damn well, doesn't rely on any exotic materials, and can use something as mundane as a slab of concrete as a battery.

So people IEA had the data from the black lines going practically vertical and they still made horizontal predictions going forward? I doubt it. The plot doesn't doesn't look believable.

Solar doesn't work without batteries, and batteries are horrible for the environment. My house is completely "off-grid" in a sunny state, I have nearly 15,000 pounds of batteries, and I still need a diesel generator and propane. Batteries are mined...they come from places that require military intervention

Good luck using electricity when it's dark out. Grid scale storage doesn't exist.

The IEA has underestimated the amount of solar installed each year for 16 years in a row. It’s a joke in the solar industry to see how off they are each year

That’s why I am a fan of the hydrogen economy. Solar power will split water to get hydrogen which can be used to move power through out the world

Electrolysis is hideously inefficient though. There are some potential for not rape the planet batteries such as saltwater and Graphene. I wouldn't hold my breath for Graphene but it is closer than you think, read a US military paper where they had produced functional cells with some fucking insane energy density and a theoretical life cycle of basically forever.

Solar thermal is ideal for heating homes, primarily.
The Earthship design uses it pretty significantly, though the part about using primarily recycled materials makes that kind of project extremely labour intensive.
There's one in Alberta that's perfectly livable, so it should be functional in any US state minus maybe Alaska (which would likely require at least some traditional heating during winter the further North you go).

Attached: earthshipE.jpg (500x196, 34K)

Iron batteries can be done without getting materials from China or Africa, but there aren't many manufacturers for them just yet.

>he doesn't want household sized nuclear power generation

>Living in a house made of literal recycled garbage leeching chemicals into your living space

Big yikes from me dawg, although the design has potential if it wasn't made from trash.

Thorium reactors
>at home
>in vehicle

Yeah. The idea of the South (or I guess in Australia it'd be North) facing part being a greenhouse is nice. Who wouldn't want to eat some tomatoes right off the vine in the middle of January? And I'm not talking of those flavourless shelf-stable cultivars.

>in vehicle
No.

>Car crash
>Accidentally molten radioactive salt on the road

keeps the ice off the road