Walmart attendance policy changes

Are they for the better, Jow Forums? Will this finally bring the company back from the depths they have fallen into?

cnn.com/2019/02/01/business/walmart-workers-pay-retail/index.html

Attached: 130502152943-aamk001392.jpg (2068x2100, 690K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking great. Well, I never call out anyways. People are going to be dropping like flies. Had I known my points were going to go to zero tomorrow, I would have just called out more. Oh well. No need in getting upset. It will change again in 2 years.

Attached: 1549038817687748195258154796509.jpg (2560x1440, 1.16M)

>tfw this benfits me
>tfw I learned the new attendance policy from Jow Forums

You never know. I wouldn't have believed myself in the early 90s that I'd be working here for 15 years.

Attached: 15490395802633504006362056081275.jpg (2560x1440, 1.03M)

people are retarded anyway if you work for any company for a year plus and want days off if you're sick or pretend to be sick just say you are using unpaid fmla you may have to get your doctor to fill out a form, etc but there is nothing they can do to punish you or you could sue them and get a fat settlement if they retaliate which most retailers do because they are filled with lame brain mongoloids at store levels

Doctors notes dont mean shit here. Everything has to be done in advance.

Attached: 1549040105192238735743617312169.jpg (2560x1440, 1M)

Is it worth it to stay? I've been at my store for 4 years.

Everyone's different, so I cant give a clear answer. The only reason I'm here is what I stated above. My bills are due on the first and this job serves as a constant reminder of my failings in not being able to pull my younger brother out of a life of homelessness and shitty parenting.

Attached: 15490405758908702324401304781032.jpg (2560x1440, 1.01M)

Why do only subhumans work at Wallyworld? I used to work there and all the normal people leave after a few years.

Why is it your failings desu?

We all have rough upbringings, at some point you need to say "yeah it sucks but I need to move on"

Ive been working at stop and shop for over 8 years now and get paid sick time. And im getting shit for calling out now even having sick time. Should just apply to wallyworld.

Meh, if anything this just means I get more money cause I won't call out out of laziness anymore.

But still, kinda sucks... I'd prefer the old 9 occurrences to this.

>those trophies in background
>Why yes, I do enjoy my job, how did you know? Was it my badge?

Attached: 1548865311141.jpg (858x821, 359K)

>9 occurrences
holy shit that used to be the policy? my last job only allowed 3

Yup, we'll it's hard to keep associates. I live in CA and apparently we have the higest rate o absences. So 9 was probably just a way of keeping WM from becoming a revolving door.

Wally, in a sane society each of your photos will be considered a piece of art.

▲ ▲

I get it man. Caring for your family. It hurts and will cause you to hurt for now and for the rest of your goddamn life. But it's not your responsibility. It's not your job. You care and you have empathy. It's hard my friend. I'm not saying not to care but it will do nothing but beat you down.

Is it still like a cult thing where the employees cheer and shit?
I worked there for exactly 2 1/2 days right out of the military. Did a midnight shift and we'd have to do some weird ass cheer in the morning with the managers and the morning shift before we could leave...

I walked off out of the store during lunch break. Didn't even punch out, just walked out. I didn't even go and get my check, but they eventually mailed it to me months later. That was the worst job I've ever had.
Not the hardest, not the most stressful, but still, the absolute worst job.

You have NO idea...
youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4

Look up co-dependency.
Also, look up the gamblers fallacy (also called the sunk cost fallacy).

Let me just say this: if your brother has not brought himself out of his shit with your help, he's never going to do it with your help. Please realize that you are no longer doing this for him, you're doing this because you've become dependent upon the feeling that your purpose is to fix him and that you're in too deep at this point to pull out of the death spiral you're in.
You need to move far away and start a new life. Walmart allows employees to transfer to another store, even out of state. Change your phone number so he can't call you, cut your parents off, cut everyone off. Get out and move away. Permanently.

Because normal people can get a job that pays more than $11/hr after they have some work experience.

Kek. Jesus Christ...

I have nothing but disdain for people who can't show up somewhere at an agreed-upon time. In school I lived too far away for buses so I relied on my parents to get me there. I was late 3 days a week because of it. They were always late to any kind of event I was in, which was especially shit when they were the ones bringing me to the event. I started relying on friends for rides, and when I had to use my parents I'd tell them it started 30 minutes earlier than actual so I'd be on time. They also had to pick me up after school because again, no buses. Instead of coming to get me when school ended, my dad would just pick me up on his way home from work 3 hours later. If he actually left work on time, which he rarely did. I hung out in the public library waiting for my dad and had no social life because this was before cell phones, so I had to be where he expected me to be when he chose to show up.
When I finally got a car and started driving myself around, I always arrived at precisely the time I said I would, and anyone I was meeting thought it was acceptable to roll in 20-30 minutes later, so I'd be stuck in public places alone and awkward, waiting for my friends to arrive. Any time I've ever tried to date someone, they're similarly unreliable and it angers me immediately. I don't think I could tolerate living with a woman who wants "just five more minutes" to fuck with her hair or makeup or choose a shirt.

My place of work allows 8 absences in a rolling 12 month period, and you're supposed to be instantly fired on the 9th occurrence. I have never been late or absent once despite driving an unreliable shitbox car. Everyone else is constantly juggling their occurrences and taking days off because they feel like it, then trying to negotiate with management after the fact in order to not be fired. I get shit on with their responsibilities because they're not here.
JUST COME TO FUCKING WORK.
Why am I the only person I've ever met who cares?

Attached: 1508590910.png (382x381, 92K)

Because I could have made something of myself early on in order to raise him right because his parents clearly couldn't.

Having a call that a total of three times, that was due to being in pain to the point where I couldn't really concentrate on a thought for more than 2 seconds. It would have been nice to been paid all those times for not calling out. Oh well.

I never really considered myself to be an artist. I don't have the creativity I need to work off a template, not to mention the fact I like changing shit over and over with time, which is the antithesis of Art.

Only the department managers do cheers here.

I told my parents the fuck off almost a decade ago because they kept begging for hundreds of dollars a week. It's been almost 20 years since our family's downfall and they still haven't gotten back on their feet. My brother has never asked for my help, maybe it's due to percieved brainwashing from said parents. I have no money to move anywhere as I don't have thousands of dollars for upfront rent and security deposits. I'm nearly 40. I'm too old to start anything from the absolute bottom.

Attached: 15490442225248348958505913343896.jpg (2560x1440, 1.33M)

I know Jow Forumsloves to shit on Freud, but (and I genuinely mean this with no offense) you're a living breathing example of how our childhood shapes us as adults.
Be good to your children pol.

As to your secondary comment of "why do people do this?" I'll say that the company you work for expects that you'll use this time off. Staffing and budgets and overtime, etc are all factored into this. The amount of vacation time you get is specifically what it is, exactly because they expect that you will use all of your sick time and personal days, no matter how much they try to "tut tut" about it. So the idea that you're not using this stuff they give you means that you're affecting yourself by being so anal about it.
I get it, it's stupid, but you have less vacation time because they have factored in these allowances for the exact kinds of occurances you're talking about. So if you're not using your time allowed, you're literally depriving yourself of time they expect you will take.
Ideally, I wouldn't have my time off split into "sick time", "personal days" and "vacation days" and I wouldn't have to call in 2 hours before because I just want a 3 day weekend once in a while (and I could just plan my vacations and time off in a normal way), but this is how the system works, so I say just go with it man. Let go a little, at this point you've probably proven yourself to be a good worker and a reliable employee, so just use the good favor you've earned and use the time off they've afforded you.

I find your Walmart pics very aesthetic. I can stare at them for ages, every picture tells a story. Like modern day Edward Hopper or Norman Rockwell paintings. Your photos are one of my Jow Forums highlights.

South Africa, you're drunk. Go home and have some coffee.

You've gotta do what you've gotta do man. But your fear of being almost 40 and having to start over is irrational and it's why I suggested you look up the gambler's fallacy. It is never too late to just hit the reset button.
I too am almost 40 and I restarted my entire life in 2008 after the crash. Lost my house, went bankrupt, etc. I was living with my dad and had to take a job cleaning a public library because my old job had laid me off. I was lucky to have my father to live with, but even without his help I believe I could've saved enough to get a down payment as he was charging me rent.
Don't feel like you're stuck. Say you move out of state, and have to live in your car and shower at the YMCA for a while. That's not the worst thing thing could happen and in some ways it could be better for you than what you have now. You'd be able to save more money at least.
Anyway, I'm not trying to preach, it's not my job to judge or tell you how to live your life, only you can do that. But I can try to help you see that there are other methods by which to live, other options available to you that aren't as bad as you think they are.
But good luck friend.

>I'll say that the company you work for expects that you'll use this time off.
8 absences isn't personal days or vacation time. It's the amount of times you can be absent with no warning regardless of excuse. I get two weeks of vacation time a year and I use it. I get personal days and if I need time off for a doctor or something I SCHEDULE it. I'm not being taken advantage of, I get benefits and utilize them. But I schedule my fucking time off and have never been unexpectedly late or absent.
My coworkers literally wake up and decide 'i don't feel like working today" and fuck off, then try to bargain their way out of it the next day. Their occurrences are never for legitimate shit like medical emergencies. One guy is 15 minutes late literally every single day to the point where they schedule around him, expecting it. I want to set all these people on fire and hire a work force who respects the clock.

People have adopted a corporate attitude towards their jobs. The jobs and corporate profits are as disposable as workers have always been now and they asked for it. Wages have been stagnant since the 70s and Americans have lousy protections as workers. Why should anyone want to sacrifice for a company when if you exceed their expectations you still wind up with a raise that is outpaced by inflation and a weakening dollar. If they want good employees they need to be good employers.

>Why should anyone want to sacrifice for a company when if you exceed their expectations you still wind up with a raise that is outpaced by inflation and a weakening dollar
Showing up to work on time isn't sacrifice. It's your end of a contract you signed when you were hired. If you don't like the terms then work someplace else.

I agree that you've signed a contract, and the contract you signed says that you can have 9 occurances before they can fire you.
Don't imagine the company won't take advantage of all the loopholes in their side of the contract.
Corporate America has created this culture, I agree that it's an awful way to run things, but this is where we're at.