How do you resist drinking alcohol if given the opportunity?

How do you resist drinking alcohol if given the opportunity?

Attached: fe004fc.jpg (2000x910, 182K)

I take a sip, then a gulp if I find the sip wasn't enough, and soon enough I'll have downed the whole bottle.

By realizing that alcohol is a 6/10 drug at best. Makes you too stupid, and has too many repercussions

instead of drinking, don't drink.

Just don't do it, it's not that hard senpai.

Remember how shitty it tastes and how awful the intoxication is.
Seriously, who the fuck drinks when weed exists, do you ENJOY pervasive nausea?

You know you don't have to drink yourself into that kind of level right? It's called self control.

Handle in small doses.

>drink alcohol but not to get drunk
Give me even one reason.

If you're alone, do a pushup (or go for a run if you're brave) every time you get a craving. With friends, assess whether whatever you're doing is worth risking a relapse. That's assuming you're an alcoholic.

>weed
Man, I wish weed was for me the way it is for others. The first five or ten times I got high it was amazing--now it just makes me paranoid. Then I'm like x2-x10 more neurotic for the rest of the week. Still makes music sound euphoric... but not worth it. OP, if you're not in a good place, be wary of weed. Maybe it'll help you, but if you're overly introspective and sad anyway, it can put you in a nasty hall of mirrors.

Well that sounds like it sucks. For me weed simply acts like smokable whiskey. Good buzz depending on quality and no real ill effects except maybe I pass out when I lean the chair back.

this
weed is 10 times better and less harmful

Just tell your buds you can't drink because of the medication you're on to help your rash. If they ask about the rash, tell them it's on your ballsack

A nice buzz. Hell you can get close to drunk and still be reasonable about your consumption and have fun. Some people like the taste of beer. All I drink is water, tea, and coffee so a few good beers every now and then breaks up the monotony.

If you don't like it don't do it. Some people will give you shit for it but it is what it is. Deal with it nerd.

Weed makes me sleepy and sometimes makes me crash. Not a party drug

I don't. Just know your fucking limit.

weed makes me disoriented and stupid and alcohol is my important friend.

Think of the voice in your head that's telling you to drink as something separate from yourself. Then scold it and argue with it. See it as an enemy that has your worst interests at heart.

Why are you not drinking to begin with? Second, why are you putting yourself around alcohol if you truly dont want to be drinking? I ask these things as a recovering alcoholic myself. Introspection is key to recovery. I suggest you pick up an AA big book, or attend a few meetings.

Your advice is ignorant and harmful at very best. Fuck off back to /b/.

>resist
npc lmao

I was never drunk in my whole life. Wtf? How hard can it be to not do something?! Do you piss yourself too because you cant stop yourself?

By remembering the head ache that comes later

I have issues refusing alcohol because if I politely say I don't drink when out or something people get visibly annoyed/assume I'm taking a moral highground

man i miss the alcoholic general

Attached: FEF5E492-6512-47CD-B67B-077757F69AA0.jpg (313x365, 36K)

I think you should try to improve your self-esteem. A couple years back I hated myself and as a result I got blind drunk every night. Now my self-esteem has improved a lot, I actually care about my well-being and I don't get shitfaced at all.

Weed is legit for faggots. Alcohol is the thinking man’s drug despite all the side effects.

>Thinking man's drug
>despite all the side effects
Clearly, you're not thinking at all then.

t. prefer alcohol to weed

Attached: Nick Old.gif (268x274, 1.03M)

where did it go?

>I have issues refusing alcohol because if I politely say I don't drink when out or something people get visibly annoyed/assume I'm taking a moral highground
I'd say you're reading too much into it. Worst I've ever gotten was teased once or twice and that was the end of it.

>A nice buzz.
Buzz feels like shit. Not as bad as drunk, but still shitty. There's a reason I drink very little despite actually liking some drinks.

Realizing that it won't solve anything, that is just some hours of feeling relaxed and funny and then feeling tired, and feeling as before.