30+ Thread

Just a general 30+ advice thread.

"Be Yourself" and "Follow your dreams" aren't bad pieces of advice, it's just that they have an expiration date when you reach your mid 20s. Listening to people who I thought knew better led me to where I am now.

Attached: Wizard.jpg (500x395, 39K)

>"Be Yourself" and "Follow your dreams" aren't bad pieces of advice
Literally, the worst pieces of shit advices anyone ever told me; EVER.

Whats the fucking point?
I'm 33, i've had sex once in my life, 9 years ago, with a hooker.
I tried to integrate with society during my 20s, failed, trying again now, failing.
Why don't I just blow myself up somewhere?

They're basically like "Know thyself".
And that's a fucking useful piece of advice.

Trying to be who you're not and trying to live someone else's dream is not productive.

if you are 30+ and you back that shit up, you either haven't learned a single thing your whole lifetime or you are just baiting.

shit thread.

Really?
I did both of those things and it worked out beautifully. I have the job I always wanted, I have the girl I always wanted, I have the apartment, the money, the body, the friends...

I'd say follow your dreams is pretty damn good advice.

>tfw no late 20s general
it really is the loneliest period of life huh?

Following dreams only works for people with willpower and brains to make it work

Well yes, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere at all without willpower and discipline. And some brainwork was required, that is true. Especially for the PhD.

you got led astray by looking toward the external to validate you and at the same time define you. age is subjective you are not defined by the number of years you physically inhabit this world, you begin to earn definition when you acquire knowledge or experience that can help others grow and foster a sense of wellbeing. it's not that you only have to be fortified in your sense of self you have to be vulnerable also and this contradiction is one that reflects the battle of ego and soul, the flesh in the spirit. you have to nourish your spirit while starving your flesh of material spoonfeeding by the principalities of the world to resist the constant gravitational pull of the world that binds you to the impermanence of this passing world and cause your spirit to be blinded by the glare of an inauthentic reflection imposed on its physical identity. you have to cultivate the ideals you wish to spread in society without being jaded or being made cynical. most people aren't bad and want the best for others if not that they don't wish the worst. I hope I mean optimistically people generally don't want other people to be unhappy. we have the capacity to feel and empathize that gives humanity it's humanity humanly.

Every single person on earth has both of those things, some just make excuses for not using them or refusing to treat the mental blocks that stop them from doing so because some retard on the internet told them therapy is a scam invented by the guy who makes the chemtrail planes.

So why is it, that everyone is unhappy?

If you think willpower and brain is something everyone on earth has, you are sincerely mistaken.
Willpower and brain is the difference between Jeff Bezos, Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and the 300,000 millionaires in this country and the other 319,000,000 people.
I'm not saying people are born without them, though some are. I think it is a result of childhood upbringing. See: any millionaire+ who is self made. They all had a huge figure in their life or a huge struggle who taught them willpower and smarts.

And the people who you mention in your last sentence don't have brain or willpower, because of genetics or childhood. If a child isn't taught to be an independent thinker and taught to work, nothing can solve that.

if you're trying apply the advice NOW obviously it's not going to work. The social flexibility/immunity, the ability to mistakes you can easily recover etc lies in your teens and 20s.

People are unhappy because we lack purpose. Biologically we're designed to be surviving in the wilderness , instead we have air conditioners and filled refrigerators and spend our time searching for something meaningful.

Attached: Tfw+no+gf_a60ff8_5046692.jpg (670x554, 151K)

I really don't think a bunch of nerds would survive in the wilderness, I mean, I know for some reason anons don't think of themselves as nerds these days but really.

>millionaire
Who was talking about being a millionaire?

>Be someone that looks successful
>Steal others dreams
>Take any opportunity that puts you ahead of others
This is life at our age, and the sooner you accept it the better.
Don’t feel bad doing the wrong thing because people are quicker to do you wrong in the end if it benefit them.
I don’t like the things I do but it has help me succeed
>made a co-worker look bad so I could get a raise because the job doesn’t look at hard work but if you look better then others
>Took credit for other people work in school and career which makes me $1k a week
>Convinced a young cute girl to get all abortion and the poor boyfriend for me, now she my sex toy that I do whatever I want to her, and pays half my bills from her teaching job
>have a easy life with everything I wanted and don’t feel bad for what I did.

I learn at a young age from my first relationship that people can do mean, and awful things to you and have no consequences because it’s not against the law to be evil or a terrible human being.

As kids we are taught to be like the hero in our stories and be love by everyone, forgive the bad guy, and get nothing in return.
In reality no one cares, why should you?

Attached: 8CACE422-3BC0-42BF-87AC-C766851EBEC1.jpg (1024x768, 118K)

Bump.

This is supposed to be an advice thread, not a whine thread. If you are 30+ and a failure in life then get out and go back to Jow Forums.

Successful 30+ only allowed.

How do you jumpstart life at 30?

Get a degree, certificate, skills, whatever is needed to increase your value on the job market.

You know when its too late?

When it is actually fucking too late.

That skinn is Not prepared, will rot and the guy is probably full if Parasites and bacteria now

>You know when its too late?
>When it is actually fucking too late.
Go on then, tell me how to substitute 22 years of social growth that I never experienced?

just because its not too late doesn't mean its still not your problem to address.

Your wording tells me you're not asking for Jow Forums, but that you're resentful for me telling you that you can still do something about it.

Agreed, it sounds like he wants validation for him giving up and not trying.

I just got my college degree at age 30. I only have blue collar work experience and I am getting too old for entry positions, they want people in their early 20s for that. No debt and $20k in savings.

Suck it up and go for entry level positions.

That's because you don't have the willpower to actually fucking do it.