How do people live "normal" lives

I honestly don't get it. I sit in my room all day on the internet. I can't imagine going outside and working and having friends or s/o and doing that every day. I mean that sincerely. I've never experienced it, so it's like I feel like I have to become a completely different person to understand. Is it more exciting with stuff to do? Or does it get boring after a couple months?

Attached: 1488872130112.png (601x939, 214K)

Obviously it's more exciting to do stuff. You're not really experiencing anything of value on the internet. Goofing around with friends is great. Sex is great. Even work can be great if you're lucky.

I'm assuming since you don't work you live at home. If you didn't have that you either work or become a hobo. It's pretty simple. All the other stuff is extra. I enjoy going out with friends because it's fun. I enjoy staying in sometimes too but doing that all the time makes me depressed.

You have to grow up at some point or life will pass you by.

I spent the majority of my life doing what you're doing but now that I'm getting older Ive mostly lost interest in consuming things. I don't really expect anything meaningful or valuable when I watch a movie now, it's just going to be the 1000th iteration of a basic hero myth, or some other archetypal narrative. News is not worth it, crises come and go every day but if you don't hear about it then 99.99% of the time it isn't going to affect your life in any way. We spend hours tapping and clicking for little dopamine hits but the truth is there is nothing worthwhile here.

So yea, the normies had it right all along I guess. Although most of them are kind of internet addicts too now, anyway.

I never really experienced anything of value on the outside either. I looked down on everyone around me and work sucked ass because no one ever listened.

yeah, that's why I'm asking. When my mom dies or gets tired of me and kicks me out, I'm probably just going to start doing crack or selling my ass for monies. Or kill myself.

I can't imagine maintaining relationships with anyone. I don't talk to people for weeks or months at a time and I enjoy being alone a lot. When I was with people in the past, I couldn't wait to get back home and nerd out about manga or something.

I'm a huge babby, I won't deny that. I'm just trying to figure out how to completely become a different person because it seems like that's the only way it's going to be successful.

I'm kinda in the same spot now. I don't have as much of an investment in the things I used to and am wanting to get out into the world, but it seems impossible. Stuff real life people do seems really vapid and not very meaningful to be honest. I fucking despise normies and their lifestyles. I want to do some self-improvement, but you always need to interact with other people to live a successful life. It's just the nature of it.

You're fucked if you can't drop the superiority complex.

Normies are garbage. You can't change my mind.

dude you are so me its actually scary, how do we escape this, i dont even feel low enough or capable of killing myself eventually.

Then you're fucked. That attitude is not sustainable in the real world.

I'd probably never actually kill myself, I got over that mindset about a year or so ago. I've tried looking for jobs that have minimal human interactions, but it just feels like I'm putting a bandaid on things or running away from the real problem. Even if I can be pleasant enough to people, I rarely meet anyone I actually want to get closer to and even then I don't like to interact with people ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Let me have a week or two to myself, but then that's not fair to them.

What are some things you've tried or you think would work for you?

lol fuck off normieshitter I've seen you and other people do horrible fucking things and still be successful and "happy". I've met plenty assholes that are CRUISING through life.

Yea normies are garbage meanwhile the leech neets are the true unsong heros.

I never said NEETS are unsung anything, project harder defensive normieshitter.

If you didn't have your head so far up your ass you'd realize you're an asshole too. You're not "enlightened" you're a prick and a leech.

I never said I wasn't an asshole, feel better about yourself now? Or do you have to stick around and shitpost on the internet for awhile that I dared attack your garbage vapid way of life. Thanks for the neetbux btw.

why do people idealise this lifestyle
it seems like every day i come across a hand full of people that *want* to have a reason to be isolated and aloof
it always comes from this weird "people are such posers" place
as if that somehow makes them deeper and more interesting
like do you think compulsively self improving somehow gratifies your life more

i fought against an isolating mentality for fucking ages
because and this is something you will no doubt learn
you can be the greatest person in the world
and all of that greatness wont stop you feeling empty and lonely
but now i isolate myself as much as possible
and its not to be cool or because im better or because the normie lifestyle is 'oh so droll'
its because people went out of their way over and over again to break me
but im not under any illusions
i dont think im better for an isolating mentality
i dont think im pursuing higher goals
im isolating because im checked the fuck out in life
because i know that no matter what i strive for or represent people will try to break me again
theres no passion or desire to improve

why do you want this anons
its an awful place to be

You've made your choice. You're not interested in a normal life. That's fine.

we dont want this shit you moron, do you not think i would fucking love to live the normie lifestyle and not be in a constant state of existential dread and self awareness all the time?

>dude just choose to be different

yeah its that easy

I don't want to be isolated, I just don't know how to function socially and maintain relationships. I wish I could program myself to want to be around other people all the time, but I can't. Everyone's different.

>self-improvement is bad

lol no

>you can do x and still be lonely

yeah no shit sherlock

I hope you realize you're basically parroting the columbine kids' philosophy

Go away normie, this is an advice thread. Go back to twatter if you want an echochamber of agreement and likes.

the only thing stopping you is you user

>constant state of existential dread and self awareness all the time?
fuck user i wish i could go back to that
you think thats the bottom of the hole
but its not
you just cant see the rest of the hole
it gets real black down there

There's no advice to give if you don't want it. You don't want to try, you're not open to looking at the world differently.

please fuck off Jesus Christ the level of projecting you normies have is insane. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, can you stop posting now? Do you feel validated?

okay bye

If you just wanted attention and for someone to wank your posts, you could have just said so in the first place.

Columbine Kids were normies that the media spun as "le bullied misfits" one of them had a gf he was going to prom with, do some actual research braindead fucking normie

i cant imagine anything worse than what im in now, at least with rock bottom i might find myself low enough to actually have the balls to kms

go the meme freelance coder/gymcel route

I've always assumed it's some kind of a defence mechanism. If you're lonely and isolated for a long time, it becomes more acceptable and less shameful, if you create a narrative in your head that the isolation is voluntary and that life and people outside of your bubble are worse than what you have now. Better appear "cool" in your own story than a miserable lonely tit. It's a pretty common phenomenon on this site.

You're not here for advice. You're here to masturbate over not being some arbitrary definition of what a normal person is in your self loathing mind is as if that's some badge of honor. Just go back to your Jow Forumspity party and let people who actually do want to change get the help and advice they need. You're toxic. You have the capacity for change though. Boohoo all you want but just gotta get over that little ego of yours.

Don't do it. If only to piss of the normies in this thread. I'll help you by living off of neetbux too until I'm old and ratchet too. WE CAN DO IT!

t. threatened toxic masturbatory normie

I said "K BYE" that means bye dumbass bitch can you read?

I was the same as you OP. Sit all day inside, not going to lectures at uni, not going outside. But then my gambling got out of hand and now I have to work full time. The only thing I do at home now is eat, browse the web for an hour or so, then sleep. Weekends instead of working I go out with friends. You just need some drastic event in your life, and one will happen I'm sure. It will turn everythibg upside down in days. Or you could prepare for that event by not just sitting in front of your computer all day.

if your end all and be all of life is self improvement
you will grow to hate your life

>I just don't know how to function socially and maintain relationships. I wish I could program myself to want to be around other people all the time
you dont need to want to be around other people all of the time
you realise that you can do things with people and things without people right

i think your ego is probably fucked
youre self improving compulsively to prove to the world that youre worth it
because the world thus far has suggested otherwise
but ill clue you in on a secret
its not about how valuable you are
its about how willing you are to comply in feedback loops and reciprocation
and how willing you are to forgive transgression
they are cornerstones of social function
people routinely screw each other over
if you cant get passed others trangressions you will never engage in social repair
to make people like you just learn when theyre emphatic about something and agree with it

Kind of like how you come here to feel better about your vapid normie life and rationalize to yourself that you are somehow better than NEETs, yet we live in your head rent free?

Oh sweety threatened by you? That's cute.

Pretty sure my friendships and human relationships are more meaningful than your toys and cartoons

yeah i couldnt imagine worse either
but i managed to find it over and over again

i think the thing that finally broke me
is that i was chronically and seriously ill
misdiagnosed by doctors who kept telling me it was behavioural
people mocked me for it
people then turned that mocking into rumours
those rumours into validation to attack me
and the real fucker is seeing how people will treat you at the end of your life
you know old people end up hating their children right they always bitch at them
and when youre young its confusing like what the fuck is your problem
but when you hit the stage where your body is dying and growing weaker
and you get to see the contempt people have for you
the contempt they have for the burden of you
that really strikes a chord
even family who are supposed to have unconditional love for you
they start to hate you too
just because youre dying

No you're kind of like a freak show attraction that's interesting in a morbid for two seconds and you quickly forget about. Why on Earth would anyone who has their shit together envy you?

fuck i wish i had some reason to be a resentful prick and get back at people through success but theres just nothingness, living is like im watching fish in an aquarium and not being able to relate with people and their lives and thought processes but still wanting to be like them

What's a gymcel? Coding seems boring.

I had a drastic even or two, but the gas ran out after 6 months or so and I went back to this. I'm trying to prepare for the inevitable, which is partly why I made this thread. I don't think it's very smart to wait around for "events" or something to "save" you, it's not going to happen most likely. I know I have to get my shit together on my own, I just wonder how I'm supposed to do that.

I have plenty of empathy and I understand I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else. I've grown to forgive myself and others more, but I always think about the longterm and deeper relationships which I don't think I can maintain if I don't even want to be around people for weeks or months at a time.

I have been a NEET, so I hardly think I'm any better than them. The only difference is that I worked my way out of it, because I couldn't bear the idea of spending my entire life like that. I'm only trying to rationalize, why some choose not to and remain where they are, as they are. I think the narrative plays a huge part in that. There's a major motivational difference between "there's nothing out there" and "there must be something out there".

gymcel is continuing to check out of society and just working out as much as possible to fill the void. works for me.
i can't personally vouch for coding but seems like decent way to make a living for recluses, really popular on here.

At the end of the day you either want to change or you don't. No one has the power to do it for you but yourself. You already know being a neet isn't fulfilling you and it's going to end someday. The sooner you start to change the better off you'll be in the long term.

i resent people because i put myself out there and open myself and look for deep connections and nobody really wants that, nobody wants to be there or really talk about shit or participate in eachothers lives or show real genuine interest.

I dont know how to talk about meaningless day to day shit, how the fuck do normies talk about some band or tv show and feel deep fulfillment and satisfaction with that? Normies are never actually empathetic. They feel bad for people and think they are good people for it but they never actually put themselves in other peoples positions or god forbid put someone elses needs before theres for a single moment. How do i genuinely participate in someones life and give a shit about them when they are willing to just walk out or move on at a moments notice? It feels like in the olden days people were closer and stuck together out of sheer deep rooted necessity. You couldnt just be a farmer somewhere out in the middle of nowhere and survive, you needed people with you, wherever you lived or how you lived you had community and people committed and invested in eachother. Now people have all their needs fulfilled and get so self centered and walled up and emotionally corrupted that its become absurd.

RENT FREE

TRIGGERED NORMIES TO THE LEFT OF ME TRIGGERED NORMIES TO THE RIGHT

I think my stubbornness and my anger is one of the only things sustaining me. It comes and goes. Sometimes I'm like you and everything is just quiet and feels pointless and I feel like a literal alien when I watch other people with careers and families. How do they do that shit every single day? I can barely keep it up for a week.

I think I self-reflect too much and am too self-aware, my advice to you is to try and act on instinct more and not overthink anything. If you're constantly thinking about how you feel, there isn't much time to actually DO anything. For example: I want to be like a normie! Instead of thinking about how I'm not or how I can't be or how hard it would be I can take that feeling and go brush my teeth or look at jobs and go from there. I'm probably not making much sense, but I know from experience spending too much time in your head an being too self-aware can be really damaging.

I agree, but let's be real here. No one WANTS to be a miserable fucking NEET. That's just retarded to assume. We WANT to change, just like everyone else, but it's not always easy. There are an infinite amount of factors and obstacle than can stand in our way and it can be overwhelming so some do probably just become bitter as a coping mechanism. Coping mechanisms aren't all bad or bad at all, they are how the human protects itself. It's either find some way to cope or suffer and die. The latter might happen anyway, such is life.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to change so it doesn't get to that point.

It probably makes decent money, but it's too boring to me and will just keep me inside which is the problem. I could maybe try the gymcel thing, it's the only really good excuse I have to go outside right now.

>tfw ive literally brushed my teeth 2 times in the past month
if im lucky ill die from a rapid infection moving into my brain

I cant not self reflect and think, theres just too much time, it feels like even if i delude myself into distracting myself ill eventually stop, i listen to music and watch shows but it all feels like a pointless exercise that ill forget about in mere hours, wont have genuinely fulfilled me, and wont benefit me in the future, what even is there to benefit?

>i resent people because i put myself out there and open myself and look for deep connections and nobody really wants that,
and there it is
the rejection element to the self improvement conundrum

keep trying user
keep trying until you either win or it breaks you
im no matter what the circumstance i still tried to make the best of it
i really wanted to retreat from society at points because i felt worthless too
but i kept putting myself back out there
and you know it didnt work for me but it could work for you
i saw something so shit i cant come back from it
even then
the shit youre talking about
id been there and done that over and over again
so get up and dust yourself off
youre not done yet

Your dad should have beat you and if he did he should have done it harder. One day when you leave you're cave you'll mouth off to the wrong person and they'll give you what you need. Here's you're last (You) from me. I know you get off to them.

OP don't listen to this cunt. You're better than that. He just wants to drag you down. You don't have to live a cookie cutter life by any stretch of the imagination but you'll have to strike it out at some point. I wish you the best of luck. You can do it.

I probably is rejection but theres nothing stopping me from putting up a front and giving the normies what they want, the vapid validation and casual bullshit and keep up a facade but i dont want to, i dont want to wear a fucking costume in life. Where do i find people that are helplessly depressed and self aware but unironically

hmm well try the gym and get some shitter 3 day a week job to try to desensitize yourself to normie bullshit. best of luck.

Go brush your teeth right now! I'm not kidding, take a picture of the toothpaste on the brush and post it, it'll be fun.
I've actually lost some of my teeth and had to deal with headaches and oral pain and infections, so you really should brush and get that shit checked out. It's going to be so much worse if you finally get your shit together and have to spend thousands to get implants. Get them cleaned and filled and start brushing them. whitening is a billion times cheaper than having to get replacement teeth. It's not worth man, if you think so much think of the future.

You don't want to die, you just don't want to feel the way you do.

You have to stop assuming your feelings are reality. You think movies are boring? Find a new hobby. If you think movies are boring and keep watching them what do you honestly expect? For them to suddenly not be boring? It's okay if you don't like them anymore, but you're sort of setting yourself up for disappointing or just validating your negative thinking by doing the same shit you know is going to make you feel bad. Like I said, instinct.

You thinking "even if i don't self reflect there's too much time" is you rationalizing and making excuses to not do anything already before you can even begin. Just tell you brain to shut the fuck up for a second or challenge the negative thoughts.

Stop telling yourself things are going to fail or go badly and actually be realistic. If things are going badly, it's probably because there are issues that needs to be fixed. You're not going to wake up tomorrow and be okay. It's going to take time so don't get overdramatic when things to wrong they probably will especially at first. That's not bad, it's just the nature of learning things. Turn into a positive by learning from it and actually having the experience which is more than you can say you've been doing so far. You can actually say you did something different today which is at least something.

I'm OP braindead normie.

>durr ur so columbine and fucked in the head!
>proceeds to get angry over the internet and tell someone they should have gotten beat by their parents

Embarrassing desu edgy 15 year olds should stay on leddit

thinking about it, thanks!

>I probably is rejection but theres nothing stopping me from putting up a front and giving the normies what they want, the vapid validation and casual bullshit and keep up a facade but i dont want to, i dont want to wear a fucking costume in life. Where do i find people that are helplessly depressed and self aware but unironically
so you want to be able to have opinions without being chastised for them
which to me usually means
'i want to have negative opinions on things and not be chastised for it'
but heres the conundrum youre in
you say youre wearing a people suit to perform validation tasks
but if you removed that suit you would be so over committed to the antithesis that you would ironically still be faking interactions
you would put so much bearing on that necessity to be able to reject an idea that you would do it over zealously
ive seen it a lot in people where they want to express themselves more but this ends up transforming into the desire to be negative about everything

it is *fine* to have a negative opinion on something
it is socially pliant to weigh your opinion against the expected reaction of the hearer before you decide to say it

but
you need to be cognizant
you need to really become aware of you
because you run the danger of becoming hyperbolic with traits that you feel youve repressed
so to put that into perspective
someone might say oh i like coca cola
and your reaction would be nah coca cola is shit
even though you dont actually think coca cola is shit
but that repressed trait hyperbolised will make you want to say it is
so you do need to be vigilant of yourself if you want to change how you act

I hate the fucking world, to many god damn fuckers it in. to many thoughts about societies all wrapped up together in this place called AMERICA. everyone has their own god damn opinions on every damn thing and you may be saying "well what makes you so different?". because I have something only me and V have, SELF AWARENESS, Call it exortenstiolism or whatever the fuck u want. we know what are to this world and what everyone else is. we learn more than what caused the civil war and how to simplify quadratics in school. we have been watching you people. we know what you think and how you act, all talk and no actions. people who are said to be brave or couragous are usually just STUPID then they say later that they did it on purpose cause they are brave when they did on fucking accident. GOD everything is so corrupt and so filled with opinions little and points of view and peoples' own little agendas and shedules. this isnt a world anymore, its H.O.E. and [no]one knows it. self awareness is a wonderful thing.

Not everyone is gong to be compatible with you, there are billions of people on earth, it's kind of a miracle to find someone you have a really deep connection with, it's probably rarer than you think. If you are going to vapid places to talk to people, maybe that's why. If you are looking for empathetic people who actually care, maybe you could try volunteering for homeless shelters or animal shelters? You are only going to find people by putting yourself out there, there is really no way around it. You have to find likeminded people, even now you've found someone similar to you. That is proof it can happen.

>'i want to have negative opinions on things and not be chastised for it'

no i do want to be chastised for it, i want people to care enough to actually talk about real shit and actually have interest and care. I want to be able to feel like i can express myself and it means something, anything.

How do i be genuine with people when they dont want what i want, what they want i find completely unfulfilling and meaningless, and nobody will invest emotionally enough into eachother that they wont move on from eachother at a moments notice?

1. stop hanging around normies, think about where you would want to hang out if you had a social life, probably not the fucking bar amirite?

2. Don't try to include your depression into your social life. You will only find more miserable people that will either drag you down or have a skewed perception of who you really are at the end of it. If you become less depressed and act differently, how is that going to work out with the still depressed person who doesn't even know you because it was your depression talking the whole time? It's just not healthy. If you want to talk to other people for support, there are support groups in counseling but don't build your life around it.

You can't expect someone to care about you after a conversation. That's not realistic. Things aren't always going to be handed to you immediately, that's life. Even the shitty normies have to work to build a connection. The world is NOT a perfect place and never has been, that doesn't mean you have to miserable about it. If you are looking for negative shit, you will find it. if you look for positive shit, you will find it too. It might be a little harder, but it's there.

what is it exactly that you want?

ive gotten close to people and opened up and they have withdrawn or moved on, just because of life shit for some and some because it was clear they wanted casual acquaintances not actual real deep friendship

this is me and im gonna go sleep now but i appreciate you all engaging with me and caring enough to actually read and reply.

In life or from this thread?

I want to be able to be independent and hold a job for more than a month and meet like-minded people but it's hard to cope with the reality and speed of the outside world because I've essentially lived my life in a bubble for 10 years.

I want advice on how best to do that because it sort of feels like I fucked up my brain and that I literally can't function like that anymore. I guess it's going to take time, possibly years. I just want to make sure I'm making the most of it.

Would you want to be your friend and be close to you if you were someone else? I realized I'm a miserable depressed fuck and I don't even want to go near anyone because I wouldn't want someone I care about to be around someone like that and I wouldn't want to be around me either. You have to have standards for yourself, because birds of a feather flock together. That goes the other way too, if you surround yourself with shit, you're going to feel like shit and attract shit. Don't look for friends on Jow Forums or the internet, go to respectable places when you become respectable. I go to the park with my dog and instantly feel better and also self-conscious because I realize how gross I am and it makes me want to take care of myself more.

People have empathy. But there is a difference between having empathy for someone and having a deep connection which as I said, is probably rare for everyone. Nothing in life worth having comes easy. Most of the time.

Good night, I hope you find the strength and drive to improve your life. I mean that in the most sincere way possible, want to clarify that because it can come off sounding bitchy over the internet. We can really only rely on ourselves to change our lives, others can help but we have to do the heavy lifting.