Zoomers (born after 97) are now nostalgic for the Era Where Everything Went to Shit (2007-2012)...

Zoomers (born after 97) are now nostalgic for the Era Where Everything Went to Shit (2007-2012). What are your memories from that time?

Attached: 1549055020346.jpg (740x892, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=igVLTttJDnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depression and misery

>the Era Where Everything Went to Shit (2007-2012)
You mean, in your life, right?

Attached: flower_power.jpg (1800x1200, 1.13M)

What the fuck is a born in '96? Are we millenials?

Jail and probation.

Technically thw last millennial year

Great Recession. Shitty music. Mass migration. Social media. Those were the worst years of my life.

not in NZ we are so far behind my family only got a computer in 2003

Fuck off boomer

No, the cut off Millenial is 93/92. If you weren't old enough to understand the significance of 9/11 on the world stage while it happened you're a zoomer.

i was born in 2012 what did i miss

Attached: 5d0yjvra82u11[1].png (608x608, 548K)

Drugs sex and video games.
Now i just work and play video games.

Attached: 1537409823307.png (482x445, 266K)

hentai memes and vaporwave

Honestly I kind of am envious of zoomers; they have no idea how fucking good everything was right before 9/11.
There was a huge boom, huge prosperity, the computer revolution, we were unironically looking at building a base on the moon, we had strong advocates for privacy, and we were on guard against the threat of unrestrained capitalism.

That some fucking ragheads had to fly a plane into the world trade center.

If you weren't born in the eighties you should fuck off

Wrong. If you can remember 9/11 you're not a zoomer.

youtube.com/watch?v=igVLTttJDnk

Upvoting this cunt.
>Emu five

'91 here and I understood the significance of 9/11 without caring. I just wanted to watch DBZ but news was on every channel. I lived in NY at the time too.

tfw still play meinkraft

>2007-2012
>What are your memories from that time?

Working at a grocery store right out of high school because the local economy went to total and complete shit coupled with the housing crash. Thought about going to college but the local jr college was filled up with illegals as soon as everything failed.

Used to watch a lot of cartoon Network, and nickelodeon, the OP pic is pretty acurate desu.

Newgrounds. Stickpage. and other flash game/video websites made my childhood very unique.

t. born in 1995
That only applies to Americans dipshit

>born december 31 1989

Attached: 1529665346475.jpg (115x124, 2K)

Yep. I remember playing a school shooter game when I was 7. Good times.

i'm gen y and i miss the time period of 2006 to 2012. best time ever honest to god

Played WoW thru that whole 5 year period. It slowly turned into shit..
Saw memes go from /b/ over to 9gag, facebook and reddit ruining most of it.
The commercial indie game scene started which did give a few good ones.

It is pretty funny how even to this day most of the best games and entertainment are from over 10 years ago. The newer 'hits' are aimed at actual children. See: Fortnite players not even knowing what Steam is.

>era where everything went to shit
Was Still better than it is today.

>2007
Finally get a car and move out
>2008
Move in with gf, start working at walmart
>2009
break up with gf, her dad is a total bro who needs money because high property taxes
>2010
Meet a girl who just got out of college
>2011
End said relationship since she left for grad school. Networked with old hs friends and eventually became part of an entourage. Lots of clubbing and cocaine use. Meet current gf off craigslist.
>2012
Nothing of significance. Just more work at walmart until this day.

>playing vidya
>finishing school
>working minimal wage
>playing vidya
>constant state of fear and misery
>more vidya
give or take thats it

The one you've posted isn't when everything went to shit either. It was just when the pot started to boil over with poz. Pic related is when shit really started to go downhill.

Attached: fr.jpg (603x406, 40K)

I liked iCarly because there was a lot of feet stuff in it.

Buying Minecraft in 2012, seeing you could pay in Bitcoin, wondering what a Bitcoin was, researching it, then not buying any.
t. 1998 Zoomer

Attached: alittleupset.jpg (225x225, 28K)

Wow, you're the archetype of the modern dead-end life.

This tends to be true for any society that is in a terminal decline. Every day is worse than the last; but that doesn't make the previous day good on its own merits. Yesterday you were bedridden; today you were bedridden and you shit yourself. That doesn't make yesterday's you healthy.

You just posted them in the OP. I mainly watched TV played Video Games and went to school in my childhood. Not that I didn't have other alternatives or even people that wanted me to do something else like go ride my bike but you know how it's like.

I regret nothing

Attached: Zoomerzab.jpg (720x540, 48K)

It happens. I should have added in that my parents were begging for hundreds of dollars at a time on a frequent basis. There are things I could have done differently, but you cant change the past. Now I'm in my mid 30s and waiting to die at this point.

>then not buying any.
You had money back then? I pirated minecraft beta and the real version.

This is me to a tee, but I’m not really nostalgic for that time. I fall back on earlier pop culture (2001-2006) when I was really young. PS2, tomagochi, little hugs, GBA, good SpongeBob, Cartoon Network reruns, miniclip, etc.

>someone has nostalgia about the very decade they're currently living in

LMAO

Attached: 1497689605151.jpg (1500x1000, 1.15M)

I had 600$ saved from odd jobs and chores
I did not understand piracy at the time

Born 7/11/199
God that top photo really sums up my childhood

I never got why minecraft became that popular. It was fun for 10-20 hours but then nothing to do really. The progress through survival was done fast, barely any danger, building stuff was dogshit with having to place blocks one at a time.
If it ever got some new mobs, bosses, gear, skills, difficulty etc I would like it a lot more. Feels like an early access game as it is since the game parts end before it even really starts.

Sigh... cod, Pixar, =3, and Fred. Looking back, I feel no nostalgia for any of this. I’m glad that era is dead and gone.

woah slow down methuselah