How to "man up"

I went out to alone to a nice burger joint alone this evening. All the male staff call me "buddy", "pal", "bud" and the female staff called me "Sweety", "love" and worst of all "Love-bug".

I am a 20 year old man. I pay with my own money. I am at an upscale eating establishment in formal attire. I am tired of being treated like it's baby's day out.

I am 5'3, a little bigger but not obese, basically i look like a hobbit.
I dress in nice flannels and outdoors wear.
But I am sick of it. I am not anyone's pal or buddy. I am a goddamn adult.

How can I get more tough looking? Have a more adult presence? Or should I quit being autistic about it and just ride the wave?

Attached: grumpy-cats-baby_fb_1834683.jpg (300x300, 90K)

>nice flannels
>fat ass 5'3
>upscale burger joint

B A I T
A
I
T

Can't a burger place be upscale? Like a 20 dollar burger is different than like a 5 dollar one you'd get at a fast food place

Burgers can never be upscale.

you live in a flyover right? that explains everything expect for the manlet thing which, lmao
people say "sweety" etc in flyovers, yeah its stupid but they're dumb trump voters who dont know any better

This so much

>short motherfucker
>waddle around with a chip on your shoulder
>everything seems like an attack when it's just people attempting to be friendly and not formal because calling people sir or ma'am is going out of fashion

Well shit
I am self aware about how autistic I'm being but it just bums me out. It feels like whatever internal image of myself I have is just meaningless. Why strive to be anything better if people are only going to see you as a little kid?

>It feels like whatever internal image of myself I have is just meaningless.

This is entirely your perception. Your internal image should be your true self, or the truest self you aspire towards. It is (should be) fundamentally insulated from outside perception. You can fix that.

>Why strive to be anything better if people are only going to see you as a little kid?

Because if you strive to be better you will become better. If people can't see that then they lose, think of it like a poker game, if someone underestimates your hand they're going to overplay theirs. So be as good as you know you are and if you think some one is patronising you then let them, if your internal image is true then they have misjudged you, they are wrong, and then they're the fool.

I guess I'm just being a dick about this whole thing. You just get these ideas about yourself and try your hardest to fufill them and at the end of the day feel like a schmuck.
I have come a long way from wearing weeaboo tee shirts and hot topic jeans but internally I feel like the same fag I was a few years ago.
I need a therapist.

Yes man definitely. You are bringing yourself down. This is an internal issue. You should take pride in your improvement, and get excited about how far you still have to go. Life is a journey man, fuck the end result, have fun getting there.

>You just get these ideas about yourself and try your hardest to fufill them and at the end of the day feel like a schmuck.

Why should you feel like a schmuck? That's exactly what you should be doing. Try therapy but the answer comes from within.

I mean what do you imagine customer service people who don't know your name ought to be calling you?

And I know it's hard to understand this and that there's no real way for you to understand it, but 20 is YOUNG. Even by the time you hit 23 or 24 you'll be looking at yourself at 20 and realising how fucking young and immature and inexperienced and baby faced you are.

Can someone link this bloody server so someone can look at it?

>wahhh wahhh im an adult now stop calling me love bug!
LOL i laughed my balls off. kill yourself kid

You are trying to control the thoughts and actions of others because of how you feel.

You emotionally feel insecure because you're changing from a teenager into a man and you're not confident enough in yourself, that you are what you desire to be. This is normal and valid. Your solution is wrong by seeking validation for your desire (to be a man) in the thoughts, words, and actions of other people.

If you can lift 1000lbs, are you strong? What if everyone around you, people you respect, and beautiful girls all call you weak? Does it change the fact that you are strong?

Your ego drives you to become something great. Right now you desire to be a man. You are. As you said- 20 years old, well dressed, have money, and dining in a respectable place. You are already there. The fact that other people say fluffy words changes nothing; but it does reveal your insecurity.

To solve this, you must control your self because you can't control other people.

The solution is either:
-You are still not where you want to be, so their words validate your insecurity and hurt you. You must work more to become what you desire (set accomplishable goals).
-Or, you are already where you want to be. Their words are hurting you because you seek validation in others. Then you must realize the solution is not in "becoming a man" but learning to self-validate and recognize your own accomplishments. You're already there: you're 20. Done. You're already a man, nothing anyone can say will revoke that from you.

>burgers can never be upscale

Attached: 102065334-GLAMBURGER_8.jpg (2400x1602, 681K)

>get a dessert which has a small piece of gold leaf on it
>fancy af
>eat a bite which includes some gold
>gold ends up being crushed deeply into my molar and I have to go to the dentist to have it picked out
>mfw dessert cost me $30 + $250 at the dentist

>I am 5'3"

I stopped reading there. That's your issue. Kill yourself.

Bitter faggot detected

Oh shut up and get over it

The point of his post is that you’re a tool. You’re a soft yuppy and you always will be until you learn discipline and experience suffering.

Manlets are so sensitive, It wouldn't bother me to be called buddy or sweety, but you are obsessed over your height and thinks everything revolves around that.

Manning up would be you not giving a shit, not intimidating people into respect/demanding respect when your dog is taller than you are.

Attached: day_of_ceiling_fan_0.png (602x578, 107K)

You're fucking 20. You are still a kid.
Get back to them when you can legally rent a car and buy a pistol.

sounds like a napoleon complex to me, me and my coworker call each other buddy and the like all the time, and we're both 6'+, he's actually a bit taller than me at 6'3". buddy, honey, sweetie, etc. are just polite ways to greet someone, especially when they don't know your name. Stop over thinking it dude

give up something of pleasure and dedicate to a feasible future.