Jow Forums, if you guys hate leftists so much, why not destroy them and destroy the Democrat party? It's really easy...

Jow Forums, if you guys hate leftists so much, why not destroy them and destroy the Democrat party? It's really easy, actually. Half of them are pro-Jewish and cry anti-semitism, whereas the other half are anti-Israel and cry about anti-Palestine racism, zionism, etc.

Turn Israel/Jews/zionism/etc into a big talking point, and the neo-left will devour itself.

So are you fags going to actually make this happen, or just keep shitposting and pretending to give a fuck?

Attached: trapezium.jpg (2728x1984, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqUFKP3HCmo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_triple
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

5*16

5x12= 60
(2x5)x.5=5 x2 = 10+60=A 70

its 5x14 you nog.

Attached: nog.jpg (720x567, 69K)

The right angled triangle doesn't make any sense. The shortest edge would be 7. Answer is 70.

Those given dimensions aren't possible

and thats based on??? flat earth ?

5*12 + 2((5*4)/2) = 80

let's focus on fixing america and let the left eat itself on its own

Geometry.

It’s 5*2 not 5*4

yeah I'm retarded

Glad to see grade school graduates

2 triangles: 1/2 base x height = Area.
So 1/2 x 2 x 5 = 5. 5 x 2 triangles = 10.
Rectangle: base x height = area.
So 5 x 12 = 60.
Combined area: 10 + 60 = 70.
Some of you are truly touched individuals needing this explained.

or you know...just use the area formula for the trapeze A = (B+b)*h/2
A= (16+12)*8/2 = 112

it's 5 instead of 8, didn't have my glasses on. A = 70

h=7.8 actually

no

The only correct answers. Fucking Jow Forums stop making us look stupid. You can tell immediately that triangle can't exist. Read up on the Pythagorean theorem.

You can calculate these on r3 spaces but I highly doubt someone in this board will actually do it.

the height is 5 are you autistic?

The Democrat party is right wing.
Now kill yourself for being a circumcised neoliberal shill.

Are you legitimately retarded?

the height is 5, the professor who made this fucked up with the 8s on the side, they make no sense because 8^2 =/= 2^2 + 5^2. The clown just wanted to show that it's an even trapezoid and didn't do the math

You are all legitimately retarded
Assuming the triangles on the sides are perfect right triangles, so that all sides are whole numbers for ease of calculation for a 2nd grader, the height is right.
What the teacher got wrong is two of the three unique side measurements. The top is fine at 12, since it’s independent of the triangle size, but the diagonal sides should be 13 for the triangle to be a perfect right triangle, which means the bottom should be 12+12+12=36
Idiots.

And you're not doing it either, drop your phone start up your pc and try to compute a trapezoid with 12 and 16 units long bases, 5 units long in height and that it's angles resemble those of the picture even if remotely.
Protip you can't.

ofc i can't if the guy that made the damn thing fucked up in the first place. And who the fuck uses cartesian coordinates on a school problem.

This also has nothing to do with common core.
Don’t know if the meme is supposed to be ironic but OP is still a faggot for making me waste my 100^% Aryan Mensa-level acuity on his thread in order to egotistically school Jow Forums mutts in basic geometry.

Muslims are right wing but play with left to get more
Muslims and gibs

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqUFKP3HCmo

Hourly reminder that Romanian gypsys arent white

Fuck off, with a hypotenuse of 8 and one leg of 5, the other leg of the triangle would be 6.24. Aside from the fact that the trapezoid pictured is literally impossible with those measurements, the fact that we're working with decimals just shows the teacher fucked up.

>Assuming the triangles on the sides are perfect right triangles, so that all sides are whole numbers
>sqrt 39 is now a whole number as per burger new arithmetic
Who the fuck said anything about cartesian coordinates you absolute nigger, the height MUST be the wrong measurement for it to exist.
Holy shit how can you breath without choking on air.

pretty sure im whiter than you 56%, since i was born in the mountain area

*...measurement for it to exist as it is drawn.

>Doesn’t understand that I addressed the decimals issue by assuming the teacher wanted a perfect right triangle
Please dig yourself a deeper holy gypsynigger you are truly the cream of the crop over there in Romania

>the trapezoid pictured is literally impossible with those measurements
Any trapezoid in fact

GUYS
get in here

>Pulls sqrt 39 out of his ass
>Checks flag
Damn I love being white

We solved this a while ago.

Attached: 1487216800255.jpg (2728x5120, 910K)

Prove that 5 is perpendicular to 16 faggot

Well technically the dotted line doesn’t need to form a right triangle because there isn’t a right angle symbol at the bottom.

Where did you get the number 39 from?
I am genuinely curious about the inner workings of the mutt brain

>says the mutt
He got sqrt39 by assuming that the 5 line is perpendicular to the 16 line, you stupid amerimutt

Beautiful.

Nothing to brag about when you're the 4th inbreed generation in some God forsaken land where schools don't exist.
Are you peruvian per chance?

Dotted line like that signifies altitude, retardos

5 is not parallel to 12 and 16. It's just a line

>Still doesn’t show the math
>The Peruvian correctly identified and fixed the math teacher’s problem by making the right assumptions
Kek you just talk in circles when you talk with mutts

Retards in here arguing over stupid geometry. Focus your autism on the text of OP. Is it true?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem

>12 is not parallel to 16. It's just a number.
>a perpendicular line B with respect to line A can be simultaneously parallel to another line C as long as a curve D is parallel to line A

>correctly identified and fixed the math teacher’s problem by making the right assumptions
All the shit you wrote in is retarded and doesn't even make sense, what the fuck do you even mean by "perfect right triangles" then you go and write this "the height is right." shit
Then you come up with "What the teacher got wrong is two of the three unique side measurements" what the fuck I don't even

I made the smallest number of assumptions (8 and 16 is wrong) using the constraints of a good problem (all measurements are whole numbers)
Also: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_triple

Bump

Pythagorean triple = perfect right triangle

Ok now that's actually clear and makes a lot more sense, you just needed to clarify that the figure used is for illustrative purposes and does not represent the actual trapezoid as per conventions.

looks like i win again

Attached: yes.png (750x458, 32K)

I also completely ignored the bigass COMMON CORE text and was treating it as a exercise meant for a little more grown kid.

Attached: 1526275103364.jpg (1200x960, 113K)

the area is 70 holy fuck you guys are dumb

All possible answer bar fancy ones are literally three clicks away, you should post some topology ones

no it isn't
it's 71.8784

79cm2

Go ahead, prove 12 = 16-2sqrt(64-25)

if you can't assume 5 is perpendicular to 12 or 16 I don't see how you can assume 12 and 16 are parallel either. or that the 8s have the same slope.

He's actually distorting the trapezoid each step, ignoring that by doing it all his past steps automatically become wrong.

How would you go about solving this?

>gets marked wrong
>"correct" answer is 70

Attached: solution area problem.jpg (882x1019, 227K)

You have to go back.

I actually did solve this once, derived a whole formula for it which is probably still on my desk somewhere

quadrilaterals are in that grey area where they look elementary, but if you go back to what schools actually teach there's always some supplementary information like angles, parallel sides or lengths of diagonals. the general case is actually pretty convoluted.

>liking borders

>Before common core
>*teaches you the F O R M U L A*

>After common core
>*gives you a 10 paragraph word problem and story instead of learning you the formula*

Attached: 1540116735100.png (662x708, 792K)

Bumping for myself. Answer please.

I don't think it would work, the Palestine-Dems are all afraid of being Anti-semites.

No it's not, your solution makes no sense. It describes an object impossible in Euclidean space, and the equations you use are from the metric of Euclidean space.

16 is the base of the entire trapezoid.

technically you're right
i don't think my "solution" is right
i think the problem creates intentional confusion between whether the object is a trapezoid or not by putting in wildcards
sound familiar? is it really a man or a woman, the correct answer is that's a trapezoid (and use the the appropriate formula to solve for its area), or it isn't (and the object drawn should be fixed to accurately represent the data, either one needs changed, so it isn't ambiguous, kinda like how men and women shouldn't inaccurately represent their chromosomal data, or present inaccurate data about their gender)

let's sort out the Common Core kids from everyone else

Attached: Albert and Bernard.jpg (1485x993, 671K)

do you have a mental illness? The base is 16, it's a dotted line not a solid line. If it were a solid line you would be correct unless a curly brace indicated it was for the whole length.

(12+16)*5/2=70

There's a caveat to this problem that some of you alluded to. If the height is 5 then the answer is 70, however that would have to make 8 incorrect. If 8 is correct then the height isn't 5 and the dotted line is not an altitude. This makes the answer become 28 sqrt(15). Either way the problem is solvable easily.

The teacher is looking for 70 but 108.44 is a better answer.

what the fuck

I think the easier explanation is just that teachers are fucking lazy, don't want to go to the effort of making an accurate diagram on their laptop with office software they barely know how to use.
the bulk of the job is about memorising and complying with an impenetrable mass of bureaucratic regulations to impress auditors, there's little room to focus on clearly presenting or even understanding the actual curriculum.

It looks pretty solid to me
also
>managing non-rigid transformations with wichever arithmetic you felt comfortable with

Attached: Capture1.png (824x192, 142K)

eh?

>assuming what teacher wanted
>in math
Fucking mutts. The Waffleman is correct and you are basically retarded.

Attached: you.png (645x729, 97K)

Dude, the 5 is a dotted line not the 16. This means the 16 extends past the point of intersection.

what the fuck

I love problems like this, they're not really math more like logic riddles.

begging for the answer already?

Holy shit I remember having to do this as a little kid in like 6th grade and these problems taking me literally all the free time in the standardized tests working through them and figuring out what the fuck is going on.

No.
Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know that Bernard does not know too.

Bernard has been told the day of Cheryl's birthday. There are only two days, 18 and 19 that appear once on Cheryl's list. This means that Cheryl's birthday cannot be May 19th or June 18th as if it was then Bernard would know the answer.
Remember that Albert has been told a month and from the statement he knows that Bernard does not know the birthday. For Albert to be certain that Bernard does not know Cheryl's birthday, the month Albert had been told must not have been May or June.
Therefore Cheryl's birthday must fall in July or August.

Bernard: At first I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know now.

Based on the above Bernard has worked out that Cheryl's birthday is in July or August.
If Bernard now knows Cheryl's birthday the day he must have been told would be 15, 16 or 17. It cannot be 14 as this falls in both July and August and as such he wouldn't know Cheryl's birthday for certain.

Albert: Then I also know when Cheryl's birthday is.

Based on the above Albert has worked out that Cheryl's birthday is one of the following:
July 16
August 15
August 17
If Albert now knows for certain when Cheryl's birthday is he must have been told the month of July, as if it was August there would be two possible options.

area is 70

It's June 18. There's only one possible month for Albert to know Bernard doesn't know, and there's only one possible day for Bernard to then figure it out immediately.

>I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is
Evident because each month has different possible dates.
>but I know that Bernard does not know too
So it's not May. May 19 is the only date with a unique day. If Bernard got "19" he would know Cheryl's birthday.
>At first I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is
He didn't get 19 or he would've known. We can rule out May as a month because of Albert's statement, and Bernard's surprise indicates he got a number that was present in May and another month. So Bernard got either 15 or 16 for sure.
Now we look for in which other month do we get 15 and 16, which is July and August. This rules out June.
>but I know now
August 15 and July 16 remain. Since he knew the date, he knows which of these two it is.
>Then I also know
Albert knows the month is not May, and since Bernard knows, and we ruled out May, we know the number is not 16 (since we ruled out May 16).
Therefore, it's August 15.

>american logic problems
>american logic
>american
>logic
No wonder you have to Brain Drain just about every single country on earth to keep being afloat.

Ok tough boy, explain me how assigning 2.24 to y and then using 8 to solve for z doesn't increases the zy angle therefore making 2.24 and by consequnce16 decrease

The answer is July 16th, if you would like to know why I will tell. Also Albert is cheating. Mexico is closer than Australia

posting it, don't read if you don't want spoilers

Attached: Albert and Bernard solved.jpg (1485x2097, 1.3M)