youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA&t
youtube.com/watch?v=H7Uyfqi_TE8&t
youtube.com/watch?v=8rYqXE51q24
youtube.com/watch?v=kmFOBoy2MZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=S0dqd72ALkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EcFsOF-ULL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

S
MarsOne did tremendous damage to the movement.
>oh, user, I heard about your Mars thing
>are you looking forward to committing suicide there?

>MarsOne did tremendous damage to the movement.
there wasnt even a movement before them
so i totally disagree.
Personally i'd be happy to go, even if its one way.
Could do some valuable sicence,
send back my findings
advance humanity

Lets make this a comfy space thread.

Viable ideas for mars colonization.
SpaceX has got transport covered
What else do we need?

Attached: Mars.jpg (300x400, 29K)

As it currently stands, NASA doesnt have a way to shield humans from deep space travel from the effects of GCR. So Mars is off until that is achieved.

to realistically get humans to Mars we would have to construct huge vessels with 6feet thick hulls in low earth orbit; that would be the only way to protect against the GCR. So we would need to build a space elevator too.

Mars One was a joke from the start. They never had any of their own hardware.

this guy ABSOLUTELY BTFO

been trolling him for years, this is a gift from god for me.

Attached: utter FAGGOT.jpg (1365x1055, 111K)

good. Fuck Mars, fuck Tesla, and fuck the redditor Elonite techie cult.
The guy is a snake oil salesman.

Attached: 267976.jpg (640x480, 42K)

>6feet thick hulls in low earth orbit; that would be the only way to protect against the GCR
Ive heard that a tubular collum of water could provide adequate shielding?

do we have any sources on just how strong GCR is?

Daily Reminder that Mars is 50,000,000 miles away. But Greenland and photoshop is really close.

Attached: 23456788.jpg (495x460, 67K)

This paper discuss NASA's simulation of GCR
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5771487/
I also read about a tubular column of water, but now I can remember wher, but I don't pretend to know enough to have any idea if that would work. I think if it was that easy they would have done it. I think the human dream of walking on mars is dead as the Dodo, from what I read.

Here's what NASA said in 2014:

There are several forms of ionizing radiation in space.
Ionizing radiation deposits energy onto the atoms and
molecules with which it interacts, causing electrons to
be lost. The resulting ions, or charged particles, give
this form of radiation its name.
One form of ionizing radiation is galactic cosmic
radiation. This type of radiation is thought to come
from supernovae, or exploding stars. While this
radiation is low intensity, the particles associated with
galactic cosmic radiation have a high level of energy
and cannot be shielded with current spacecraft design
technologies.

To summarise:
>galactic cosmic radiation have a high level of energy
> cannot be shielded with current spacecraft design
technologies.

Mars One was an idea waiting for funding. The idea wasn't original, and anyone hoping to fund it could just do it themselves.
Going to mars is a cool idea. But getting to space regularly and cheaply is a better short term goal that can get us to more places for better reasons. The moon would be a good start. It's easier to reach and to supply. It's easier to leave. It's a more realistic goal in the short term.

Mars is dead and any discovery is rendered moot by the shipping cost alone.

We can't even colonize the outback of Australia. We will be forever stuck on this shitty planet.

All these NPCs
>Going to mars is a cool idea.
Daily Reminder that Mars is 50,000,000 miles away. But Greenland and photoshop is really close.

Attached: npc kek pepe.jpg (986x1024, 76K)

naturally, NASA in my estimation is cover for secret spy satellites and to cover up any real findings.

this was obviously a scam from day one. applicants were even forced to buy mars one merchandise and other items for consideration

LOL whites can't create shit anymore watch as China does it first

Attached: Dave-J-Hogan-Getty-Images-Entertainment.jpg (620x413, 47K)

I don't understand why its always mars that has people wanting to colonize it.Venus is the better choice by far. It has an atmosphere, it has a magnetosphere, it is similar in size to earth, the upper atmosphere has similar pressures and temperatures to earth. We could have colonies floating in the upper atmosphere of Venus that work to terraform the planets atmosphere into something that isn't so hazardous using specially engineered microbes grown in a lab. It might even be possible to get it spinning if we figure out how to hit it with a meteor in the right way. We might not even have to do that.

Attached: 1548888407410.gif (385x316, 2.77M)

>there wasnt even a movement before them
>so i totally disagree.
Mars Society, Zubrin's Mars Direct, annual March Storms, even the original One Way To Stay, along with a thousand other projects came before MarsOne. MarsOne was an example of the power of marketing alone. Disagree all you want, Lansdoorp and his crew really set the rest of us back in memes.
>Personally i'd be happy to go, even if its one way.
>Could do some valuable sicence,
>send back my findings
>advance humanity
Station in Mars orbit to run robots on the surface. Build ice mines and do biogeochem exploration. If it makes sense, build out landing sites remotely then land people. Live in ice holes in Elysium while developing in-situ habitats.
That aside, I'm increasingly skeptical of Mars for colonies. It'll probably happen but what is going to drive people back to a planetary surface after experiencing space? If people want to live in space, they are going to want spinning habitats with really nice custom environments. This is much easier to deliver in orbit.

Attached: 1549925730905.jpg (600x475, 218K)

>As it currently stands, NASA doesnt have a way to shield humans from deep space travel from the effects of GCR.
Couldn't they just make the outside of the ship electrically charged like the saucer UFOs do

Attached: cluemarkthing.jpg (287x168, 9K)

Bigelow is using fillable water blankets. They accepted amount of shielding for deep space is approximately 1 meter thick of water is Earth surface equivalent radiation protection. The problem is of course, that is very heavy for current rockets.
>getting to space regularly and cheaply is a better short term goal that can get us to more places for better reasons.
This is the truth. We are lucky to have SpaceX succeeding. We need to create 1000 new companies to fill that available launch bandwidth.
>The moon would be a good start. It's easier to reach and to supply. It's easier to leave. It's a more realistic goal in the short term.
There's a lot to do everywhere.
>Mars is dead and any discovery is rendered moot by the shipping cost alone.
You can't know that, it's the whole point of sending NASA rovers is that we don't know. Any biologics discovered will be PCRed onsite and the code transmitted to Earth. Ice will be used for fuel around Mars, industrial precursors and breathing gas.
>Venus
Cloud cities are a great idea. Start a company to do it!

possibly; but then if they used that technology in the open people would say, why are we still paying a fortune for fossil fuels? Lets have plasma-gyro-exotic-tech.

Attached: tac1.jpg (2560x1588, 1.3M)

SpaceX is 1950s technology and likely public cover for further military space projects.

you noobs don't even know spaceX has already filed patents for a technology that does basically this for noticeably less weight.

>Start a company to do it!
NASA is already working on it. Its been a few years since my internship, but the name of the project is HAVOC.
sacd.larc.nasa.gov/smab/havoc/
With the technology from HAVOC, we could possibly begin colonization of Venus in floating habitats. They would be protected from radiation and the acidic clouds of the lower atmosphere. The habitats would seed the atmosphere with microbes that can break down the harmful chemicals in the atmosphere and make it less dense.

Why don't you believe in aliens. If you have a high IQ you should have an abduction experience.

Kewl

Attached: 1549733497136.jpg (658x1200, 79K)

nvm the thing is both high iq and RH-

We really should be looking at Venus more than we look at Mars. I'm reading this right now and its got a lot of information that shows Venus being better that Mars in many aspects.
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20160006329.pdf

What about living underground using fungi instead of plants w/ Vitamin D supplementation. This can already be done with knowledge in genetic engineering. Lots of huge caves all around the world. Like having undersea bases from Bioshock except in caves.

Attached: 1549915800109.png (300x300, 82K)

*also edited with CO2 to O2

no I dont believe in aliens or little greys because in my opinion their epistemological basis in this part of history can traced can be traced back to fiction --see HG Well 'Man in the Millionth Year' 1893 (pic)
As for the ancient alien hypothesis in I believe it's full of complete bunk, the renaissance paintings are often religious iconography, with the exception of perhaps two paintings or pictures which seem unexplainable. That said I find human evolution, worthy of note, especially our intelligence compared to other creatures and our 'junk DNA'. Perhaps we were subject of alien manipulation? If I was ever abducted, rest assured, I would conduct my kidnapping scientifically monitoring and observing them in as much as they would do the same.

Attached: H G Wells, The Man of the Year Million, 1893.jpg (818x835, 147K)

How's it going over in Cyprus?

Living underground would probably not work out too well. There would probably be enormous mental strain on those involved due to the enclosed spaces and lack of sunlight. If we are able to replicate sunlight and provide areas that simulate the surface then it might work. Humans aren't meant to live underground in confined spaces.

If aliens are real, I shudder to think of any of the so called world leaders representing ourselves to them, given their lust and propensity to avarice, war, and destruction. Humanities best representation is probably some reasonably educated humble subsistence farmer toiling over the land to provide for his family, in an under-developed part of the world.

great thanks

I could live cooped up underground no problem, it would have a strain, but provided I had books and materials to educated and entertain myself, I'd be fine. I don't think I'm an outlier, I think it just take disciplines, which means it wouldn't be feasible for the vast majority of people.

what's the government like over there?

The real question is, presuming we get to Mars, how long would it take to receive for the json data to be recieved to update the thread?

>If aliens are real, I shudder to think of any of the so called world leaders representing ourselves to them
From my understanding people have 'guardian angel' aliens which may be they 'gene editing' parents or something like that. Through them they're able to tune into the gene edited person to experience life in the human life. I've been stalked all my life by aliens, but always seems to be a single UFO not multiple.

>Living underground would probably not work out too well. There would probably be enormous mental strain on those involved due to the enclosed spaces and lack of sunlight.
Maybe selecting people based on criteria of psychopathy to endure the situation and have them breed to re-populate with those characteristics down there. Should be an entirely plausible thing to do.

Really good as far as governments go and my experience compared to other places.

Sure, you think you can handle it. And maybe you can. But day after day being stuck in a series of tubes, hearing the buzz of fluorescent lights, not being able to go outside, you'd be pretty fucking tired of it all. Most people just can't handle that.

Source?

A cave full of psychopaths sounds like a terrible idea. It also sounds like a really good horror film.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hdpqf8e6lLw

LED lights

It wouldn't be a picnic, and life would need to be very very structured, regimented and disciplined. Leaving no room for the average civilian lifestyle.

Solve new problems with old technology and old problems with new inventions.
That's cool but NASA isn't going to build space colonies. It's not in their mandate.

are cars commonly used in Cyrpus or is walking/biking more common?

Of course they are, they leave mercedes here.
But I prefer walking.
Nature gave me two strong legs and a good heart.

what do you know about Mossad

Attached: th.jpg (246x300, 13K)

They kill Iranian nuclear engineers for fun.
I worked with a IDF colonel.
That's it.

would you recommend Cyprus for a travel destination? I've never left my country before and I plan on traveling someday

>would you recommend Cyprus for a travel destination?
Great for money laundering yes -Putin's money goes through here.
I'd recommend travelling around South east asia, and see how people live, if you want something different and never been out of the US.

>Cambodia
>Vietnam
>Thailand
>Phillipines
>Bhutan
>Burma

Sounds fun.

If it pays the bills why not.

Weren't they the people who wanted to fill their Mars colony full of useless niggers and women?

>Humanities best representation is probably some reasonably educated humble subsistence farmer toiling over the land to provide for his family, in an under-developed part of the world.
I honestly think this neckbeard would be a great representative for Earth, but it might be unfair to the aliens since he isn't representative of what a bastard the average person is.

Attached: grigori_perelman.jpg (198x400, 36K)

thank you

You keep living in your pre Copernicus world mate

There once was a man that sued an australian website because people were making fun of him for his book that stated 9/11 was due to nukes. He eventually got that site shut down via lawsuits draining the owner.
He then created a scam company that said it was taking people to the moon, then to mars. It was a scam and all the people that had been selected complained how it was all a scam.
that was in like 2007, then he popped up again with the same scam. This might have been that scam. It was a scam from the start.

Want to be a part of the Montauk Project?

You know who that is right finbro?
>Russian neck beard hobo mathematician Dr Grigori Perelman who lives in squalor refused a 1million dollars and the fields prize after he solved the poincare conjecture.

Why'd you think I posted him? Dude doesn't give a fuck about material wealth or glory.

Yeah why not, let me just brush my teeth and put some clean underwear on --especially if i'm being probed. Do you get paid, like giving blood?

He's one of my heroes, even though calculus in about as 'mathy' as I understand.

still better than sucking off the petrol jews for another 100 years.

I remember reading a story about him when some journos confronted him near his home to get an interview and the only quote they got went basically like "go away, I'm foraging for mushrooms". And yeah, you don't need to understand his mathematics to admire what an absolute madman he is.

based. now israel can do it with the billions we give them, the billions they steal, and all the data they get from NASA
based. this is why we should support them.

In 6 days Israel launches it's flag planting rover to the moon. But it'll take about 2 weeks to get there I think.

so super fucking based
israel is so based dude
based

Attached: 1453248008783.gif (200x200, 931K)

Dont go to mars, It should either be Ganymede or Venus
Venus has been explained previously but let me make my case for Ganymede
It has a weak magnetic field which should help a little but mainly because of its internal heat means it is geologically active, this could mean that with the aid of melt probes this colony could use geothermal energy to power itself for a very long time. Secondly If the ocean below is capable of supporting life and has none it could be seeded with it and used to feed colonists. Finally it would be very easy to dig using a melt probe as living underground would be necessary due to radiation.

>send back my findings
>advance humanity

"Shitposting in low G environment"
"Mars dust as pocket sand"
"Low orbit emu extermination"
t. Phd Strayacunt

Attached: 1401231481535.jpg (601x601, 108K)

no it isn't, you moron.
EVs have a bigger carbon footprint than petrol ICE.
All that lithium has to be mined, shipped, and processed by oil fueled machines.
Even when you disregard the fact that it's a glorified laptop battery stack you'll have to replace within a decade, they are highly prone to power loss in suboptimal (read: cold) conditions, and combustion under impact, yet take more than a thousand percent longer to charge whilst offering half the range.
piss off with your autonomy restricting snake oil tech cult.

Attached: 71cd21a85cfe2558746872f94e0cd2a45e35ff49.gif (360x268, 552K)

Ill admit that musks hypedloop, tesla and solar piles are a sham, but boy has he made strides in spacex. He might just do it.

chuckled

Attached: Sneed_35a89f_6590232.jpg (1200x1200, 119K)

Excuse me user what are you saying?
"Old technology" How so?

Attached: Elon-Musk-speaking.jpg (1125x750, 92K)

Attached: c1ecfcb5bf4d41de5aee65c7a3530792_preview_featured.jpg (628x472, 35K)

Who the fuck cares about Mars other than for mining resource? You'd be better off just building a space craft.

We can potentially bomb the south pole of Mars to create a livable atmosphere again.

>a thread about mars

THIS IS NOW AN /ETM/ THREAD.

The true future of the European is to be out there amongst the stars, and how are we going to achieve that future ? There are obviously a number of things that must happen here on earth which will contribute towards a total victory but no matter what, we must ensure that /ourguys/ (that's you, Jow Forums) make it to Mars and are on the red planet from the very beginning.

Welcome to the Earth To Mars General.
This thread is dedicated to the discussion of creating a European Colony on Mars, not by direct funding, but through the commercial emigration scheme that will eventually come into play.

At the moment /etm/ is normally posted once a week every saturday around 10pm GMT and is a place on Jow Forums to speak about all things space related. Please try to ignore the flat-earth fags.

Attached: mARSC37.jpg (640x1024, 80K)

(btw for anyone who thinks im joking, i post this general for discussion on Mars and other space related stuff once a week. so srsly, if you are interested... check it out.)

pic related as proof we exist. you can also look at previous threads on 4plebs

Attached: STICKY.jpg (264x462, 33K)

Mars has a solidified core and isn't viable for supporting life.

Attached: Marsc20.png (1720x2250, 3M)

Know of any plausible ideas which may be in the works to creating a livable surface on Mars?

Attached: hhhhhh.jpg (365x291, 28K)

number 1: Water
Without water, there's no making any return fuel to send the rockets back. It's obviously important to drink, but with some power and the use of hydrolysis you can also split it into oxygen. Water also washes the harmful perchlorates off the Martian regolith, allowing you to make useful soil, and obviously can be used for hydroponics/aeroponics instead if you need to.

number 2: power
Without power, you can't run the life support systems of heating, oxygen making and just general infrastructure electronics such as airlocks, lights, air, EVA suits and rovers. The best way would be a small nuclear reactor, or, on rovers etc emergency solar panels. Robert Zubrin suggests an electricity-producing methanol/oxygen cell as a #1 preferable personal power, as you can use the oxygen for yourself in emergencies such as waiting for rescue after a rover breakdown on the surface. Regular batteries will also be ok during early colonisation though.

3: shelter
Mars has a very thin atmosphere, and no magnetic shielding. Radiation will be a huge problem, as well as the freezing temperatures (Antarctica-tier). Lava tubes cave systems could be one option, at least a first. Inflatable domes could also be used on the surface for food production, even though the dusty atmosphere really reduces sunlight. Creating 'burrows' out of martian regolith could be a third idea, taking the dirt and processing it into 'bricks' and stacking them in a mound. Can be made very cheaply, and can have very thick walls (a few feet).

All I got for now, please post more stuff guys

Attached: 180618-cyanobacteria-full.jpg (835x835, 141K)

restart the core

Attached: OurElon.jpg (512x512, 24K)

Those ayy lmao cunts have had it too good for too long anyway
NUKE MARS

Attached: 1536302696495.png (1610x924, 1.66M)

got plenty of comfy videos

>NEW BFR Overview
youtube.com/watch?v=QCz3rzA18hA

>Educational Doc on Terraforming Mars:
youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4

>Space X Interplanetary Transport System:
youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA&t

>"Making Life Interplanetary" by Elon Musk:
youtube.com/watch?v=H7Uyfqi_TE8&t

>3 Companies Developing Game Changing Technologies
youtube.com/watch?v=8rYqXE51q24

>Isaac Arthur - "Outward Bound - Colonising Mars"
youtube.com/watch?v=kmFOBoy2MZ8

>Isaac Arthur - Mars: From science fiction, to science fact
youtube.com/watch?v=S0dqd72ALkQ

>Challenges of Colonizing Mars!
youtube.com/watch?v=EcFsOF-ULL8

Wasn't this the one that wanted women and minorities above all else?

evening based /etm/ user, I didn't see the thread yesterday. Glad to see you here

Attached: 34983345_1813632428660318_4274397400539332608_n.jpg (480x480, 45K)

I wish the secret space program was real too user

***only meant to paste 2, 6, 7 and 8

I think it requires lot of terraforming before Mars can be colonised. Now there is not enough living space, food or materials to effectively live on mars. Not a growing colony at least.

I know. I fucked up, I posted it a little later instead.

100% this saturday 10pm GMT there will be an /etm/ in the catalog

orbital mirrors to melt the frozen poles. Would both increase the atmosphere, hopefully raising the pressure, and the temperature, with this of course it will also provide flowing water. Mars used to be covered in water, many of the huge valleys were created millions of years ago from flowing water, just like it happens on Earth. Somehow they lost the atmosphere though, now the pressure is so low that liquid water boils easily even at 10 degrees C, so there's only huge craters of frozen ice left

not enough fissile material in our system even when Oort cloud is accounted for to kickstart it with nukes.
Only boilling the whole thing with a giant orbital magnifying glass for a long time might work, but that would destroy any geological or possibly paleontological discoveries forever.