Why don't we build with dirt brick?

American's make people poor people use expensive products from lumber and concrete merchants.

Attached: download (43).jpg (1000x600, 753K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theconversation.com/cheap-tough-and-green-why-arent-more-buildings-made-of-rammed-earth-38040
dwellearth.com/earth-blox-bp714/
youtube.com/watch?v=LEgJCeAXUEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even Africans can afford simple machines to produce dirt blocks.

Attached: brick machine.jpg (448x252, 41K)

because there are building codes that keep scams like licensing and standards boards as well as state leaches justified in their existence.

I wonder if they sell harmful VOC's you can add to the mix so it will be just like anything from Home Depot.

Attached: 5.jpg (800x600, 86K)

Because we aren't a third world shithole, ahmed.

Lots of adobe homes in New Mexico.. they are superior as long as you have a good roof.. otherwise they just melt in the rain.

Doesn't look that bad to me.

Attached: HTB1NHlsHFXXXXbRXVXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg (800x800, 303K)

Are people still building modern adobe homes?

because a house made of sod, dirt brick, adobe, wattle and daub, or whatever a person can find on their own property, doesn't line the pockets of enough merchants while also being far less expensive to maintain and repair
building codes aren't there for the protection of the person living in the building, but for the protection of the corporation building the bullshit fire-trap
can't sue a company for a building bullshit building when they followed all the codes

>bullshit fire-trap
This too. They seem much more fire resistant.

Attached: Uganda Earth Blocks - Dwell Earth - earth block house with trusses.jpg (1152x864, 294K)

Plenty of money left over for Ikea furniture.

Attached: download (44).jpg (1000x667, 758K)

Melt in the rain sounds like a bad deal.

That adobe house is going to suck anywhere not in a desert.
This is why you only find them in New Mexico and Arizona.
GL installing any kind of fucking wiring into those solid walls or hanging more than 5 lbs on an adobe wall though

>Malaysia
Have you ever been anywhere that it didn't rain for 24 hours?

Dirts expensive

lmao thank god you're not a structural engineer

Maybe the Jews at the county office can sell me a dirt use permit.

>concrete
>expensive

theconversation.com/cheap-tough-and-green-why-arent-more-buildings-made-of-rammed-earth-38040

Rammed earth?

seriously, look it up
the only reason building codes exist is because too many (((builders))) were being sued for crappy construction that burned easily while the owners were also making insurance claims on the fire-traps
(((insurance corps))) demanded building standards be met before they would insure the buildings...writing the standards into law protected the builders from being sued by the building owners for crappy building....and enshrined the shitty building standards into law in such a way that regular people now have to pay someone else to build their houses with approved materials across most of the US

Maybe in some areas with lots of earthquakes concrete is not the best idea, but I don't know anything about building construction so whatever.

African Lego's

More expensive than dirt.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 7.36.11 AM.png (1065x600, 275K)

I think building codes go all the way back to the Code of Hammurabi.

>a dollar per brick is more expensive than dirt
>t. never purchased landscaping materials
$20-$30 per cubic yard more if it's sand
plus labor on all those adobe bricks? plus water? hahhaha adobe is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>never purchased landscaping materials
I'm not buying dirt when I already live on it.

mudbrick isn't really resistant against the rain and it rains a lot in Europe not the smartest idea jackass

bullet proof too evidently
dwellearth.com/earth-blox-bp714/

Attached: bp714.png (710x571, 27K)

modern building codes only came into existence AFTER fires destroyed shit...and they differ from city to city, county to county, state to state....

God saw fit to allow us to stop living in the filth and make proper houses like the rest of the animals he created.

>buying dirt when you own land
smdh you stupid nigger.

In a civilized country, you would definitely still finish the inside walls you fucking retard.

>I already live on it
Oh so you're saying you're going to take a shovel, four flat boards, and a bucket of water then personally dig into what may be acidic limestone or crumbly silt to make every single one of your bricks for a house that may take tens of thousands of bricks?

Hope you like living in a tent

With what? Building a whole house inside your house so that you can have interiors? Doesn't that destroy the point?

d..did Africa just catch up to the 19the century?
Holly shit look out

Not quite. Those bricks aren't fired, and they thus won't be water resistant.

Why not build a short house and then cover the outside with these dirt bricks and then slowly mound it so now you've got a hobbit hole

Just let him have his fantasy.
Sometimes I wish I could burrow and have a cozy underground tunnel system like a rodent.

Attached: E9376092-29B6-401C-B638-1CD7FADCAE7C.jpg (328x356, 12K)

>Europe
I'm not Muslim anyway.>stop living in the filth
Hur dur the dirty people live in pooh pooh.

Attached: WatershedMaterials_06.jpg (1000x667, 290K)

The Chinese are helping Africans and building infrastructure shit there.

>28,000 unit cost plus fuel
Or I could buy 28,000 cinder blocks.

Just give up. They know damn well the answer if fucking commies. The fucking commies wrecked an entire century of progress.

>rammed earth

Attached: 29892A85-0699-46F9-81F4-DDE7250F7A85.jpg (640x907, 44K)

Because sometimes you want to make a building taller than two stories and not have everyone in it die after a light rainstorm.

>Because sometimes you want to make a building taller than two stories
Well I don't and there are already only single story homes on my street so it is what I am accustomed to.

This machine would be illegal to own in the USA.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1116x773, 123K)

What about it would make it illegal, exactly? And why not build your own with more pressing power? You could cobble together a two ton press for this with a few hours work.

>What about it would make it illegal
Nothing exactly. Just a lot of boomer contractor would see it, feel threatened and then start to ask questions or call code enforcement.

Carpenter here. Because of (((building codes))) houses now have so many metal brackets and fasteners that you may as well build the whole house out of steel.

>American's make people
Here in free country we don’t make people do anything
>mud bricks will pass code inspection
LMAO
>Don’t realize most of building cost is LABOR. Using cheaper material won’t significantly reduce building costs.
Cost to brick 2500sqft house $5000 in materials $15k in labor

>fuck you for trying to build a affordable home, don't you know you're screwing the skill trades man!

Honestly, the answer is just to do it. Like anything else. You'll need your primary dwelling to be insurable. So build it how the kikes say. Beyond that, do what you want and just don't cause issues or tell anyone. Fuck the system, live outside of it. It's the answer to most things.

Attached: 1549942363024.jpg (750x1000, 82K)

>Choosing finite product over the ability to manufacture
This was the most state-of-the-art model I could find, although I didn't really look that hard.

Because large parts of the USA gets heavy amounts of rain.
Areas that don’t, were traditional mud materials like adobe are used, can even have issues, because you have to keep the outer mud coating maintained, which can be costly if you have to hire someone, and it requires necessary knowledge of the techniques if you do the work yourself.
Attempts were made to use cement coatings to alleviate maintenance, but the concrete actually trapped moisture in the structures and made things worse.
Hydraulic lime coatings, or waterglas might be useable, but I’m not sure whether they’ve been tested enough, and if they were recomended, most contractors would probably just cheap out and use cement anyway, because it’s way cheaper than the other materials.

Yes, and probably more now than in the last hundred years.
In all likelyhood it’s mostly rich people, culural or anthropology devotees, and envirenmentalist types though, so probably still not huge numbers.
There was a major issue for a while, because someone, maybe the park service, decided to coat old abobe buildings with cement for durability reasons, and the cement trapped water and moisture in the adobe structure causing damage.

found the jew

>This too. They seem much more fire resistant.
I’m not sure that they’re good in earthquakes though.
There may be ways to aleviate this, but a lot of buildings in Nepal were various types of mud brick, and the buildings got fucked up in that last major quake.

Most modern adobes use asphalt emulsion in the mix to “waterproof”.. unnecessary imo. Large eaves on your roof for shade/rain protection, and building/ maintaining yourself gives much life satisfaction.. the lack of which leads to where we are as a society today.

This isn’t Ikea furniture

Because we aren't subhuman barbarians

- not as hard as brick
- at some point there will be a lot of plants on your house wall
- need more care than real walls

Wasn’t the building part in the Code of Hammurabi that a builder who built a house that collapsed was subject to death if the owner died?

>adobe
>plain old brick
>concrete brick

I can make all of these in my backyard, but I don't because it is cheaper to pay a factory to make it for me.

Isn't a poured concrete slab like $10,000 minimum?

In hot regions with minimal rainfall using unfired clay is fine if done right.
The clay bakes to a certain extent under the sun,
and while it doesn’t get baked enough to not absorb water and become useable clay again, the sun baking process makes it temporarily restistant to water, so a breif heavy rainfall will mostly just hit the sun dreid mud and drip off, same for mud roofs.
Enough water may get absorbed to make the surface layer of SD mudbrick soft, but when the sun comes out again, the mud rebakes.

Also keeps poors from being able to afford to degrade the property value of Boomers and white libshit cocksuckers, keeps people from being slaves to the banks, keeps you from being able to get your buddies together and put an ad on to your house in a weekend, keeps you buying plenty of petro chemicals to heat the air leaking between your soft pine lumber harvested 100s of miles away

>That adobe house is going to suck anywhere not in a desert.
nah they hold up all over the place, but they do have to be prepared properly and if you fuck up it's a lot worse than other materials

>regular people now have to pay someone else to build their houses with approved materials across most of the US
move to Texas, you can build how you want there still

that can be arranged, Lemmiwinks.

Attached: mr slave.gif (384x270, 861K)

>I’m not sure that they’re good in earthquakes though.
they do fine in earthquakes and are very energy efficient

I'm in indiana...one of the very few counties where I can build my house myself...but I still have to meet building codes to insure anything...and they don't generally insure 10x10 soddies...

it varies, a 9'*9'*6" slab is about $195 but they normally require 3 yards, so about $250 a truck.
then you need a frame, tools, and the land. if you are doing a lager slab, like a shop (25 yards+ and super level and smooth) floor. yes $10,000 for labor, materials, and profit sounds about right.

you also need to count setting the sub-grade leveling, dirt exfill and infill, as well as labor for that.

Considering the biodiversity of the southern boarder, it is highly likely that not all areas will have appropriate soil to make these types of bricks. At that point you are shipping building materials down, so why not cement/steel?

Wouldn’t the Asphalt make the Adobe less envirenmentally friendly, offending the type of people who might buy or build and adobe home?
Also, wouldn’t the asphalt also be considered a possible health hazard for some of the people who would be into having an adobe house?

>I still have to meet building codes to insure anything
it's not just that, even if you are to code if you start adding hi tech green stuff on your house and you end up not needing their water or sewer they'll push you out of their town for sure, building codes in most places prohibit net zero style building

There's also usually minimum square footage requirements.

Can't get a mortgage on alternative structures.

To live in a house like this, you run into catch 22. The only place you can have these houses have no jobs and you can't get a mortgage. Banks don't even want to give a mortgage on plots of undeveloped land.

I live in a county with a lot of old order people....as long as you're in the country, you can still be off grid without losing your kids here...

The materials for Adobe bricks are cheap or free, but the labor to build is a lot. I think adobe is a great building materials and does not qualify as nigger mud huts.

no, the shingles on a standard roof is basically asphalt.

asphalt has no negative side-effects if properly installed, it is effectively rock, and nature treats it like obsidian rock.

You can't prove that.

I can prove it. I pay 1st world taxes.

Attached: smug.png (601x508, 120K)

I often question things like, why our mattresses have to be pre-soaked in flame-retardant materials, like they aren't gonna catch on fire or something. Or, why literal industrial waste gets pumped into the water supply as a justification for dental health, even though people with shit genes and shit diets still get cavities and etc. Most of this country is zog'd to the core.

Nigger its not a hut, make it a rectangle then frame the inside. Fuckin retard

youtube.com/watch?v=LEgJCeAXUEs
example of improper installation.

check out nubian vaults. My friend in AZ built his own, it's beautiful. No wood used at all

then build your own house. it is perfectly legal. you don't have to even do the work, you just have to be there anytime work is being done.

>Asphalt, also known as bitumen (UK: /ˈbJtjʊmJn/, US: /bJˈtjuːmən, baJ-/),[1] is a sticky, black, and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid form of petroleum. It may be found in natural deposits or may be a refined product, and is classed as a pitch.
>IARC has classified asphalt as a Class 2B possible carcinogen.
>People can be exposed to asphalt in the workplace by breathing in fumes or skin absorption. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has set a recommended exposure limit of 5 mg/m3 over a 15-minute period.

maybe we should develop our mud cookie industry while we are at it

coastal UK has 500+ year old earthen walled homes.

"natural builder" here. I've helped build 3 cob homes, one adobe and two bale cob which uses straw bales for insulation.

>American's
Why did you use an apostrophe to pluralize that word? Who taught you that?

Perfectly legal... for 4 seconds until your Boomer neighbour, who's been eagerly counting the shekels their house has increased in value since 1992, notices your dry toilet/solar panels/water collection/straw bale/cob/chicken coop/etc and calls code enforcement

-you can plaster over it, irrelevant
-bullshit
-lots of time the maintenance can be done by children. great opportunity for them.
you don't know what you're talking about

this is bait, right? if not, why build another house inside of the structure?

who /earthbag/ here?

Attached: Earthbag-Construction-2.jpg (610x454, 48K)

>no 10' fences
>5' wall with 5' fence

you have to know your code, they are normally reasonable. for example in west Texas, you cannot use concrete directly exposed to the ground for structural purposes, because the ground will corrode it in a matter of months.

Not good for lots of traffic/water...

Post apocalypse is nice tho

a lot of native soils in the southwest are "ready mix" (no additives necessary) but when they lack an ingredient it's either sand or clay, both easily accessible in most places.

wow

Attached: 1543617163554.jpg (640x697, 29K)

You love those lovely offset gasses baby, suck it up.