Chinese large-cap companies are starting to default on loan

RIP global economy

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-11/two-large-chinese-borrowers-are-said-to-miss-bond-payments

Attached: bloomberg-china-corporate-bond-defaults.jpg (697x469, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/international/the-committee-on-foreign-investment-in-the-united-states-cfius
chinalawblog.com/2019/01/new-cfius-rules-shut-down-chinese-investment-in-u-s-technology.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CUT ALL TRADE WITH THEM. Anything less WAS and IS treason.

Fuck China

Lol. the chink economy is crashing with no survivors. I love trade wars. Say goodbye to muh chinese dominated world. We literally have them by the balls

Pro tip: banking in China is so interlinked with the West at this point, bankruptcy contagion is an inevitability

And once the timing is right we will default on our debt to China and they will be royally fucked.

does this mean I can buy a house for cheap?

It's why they're so heavily trying to invest in and buy up US companies. Their domestic market is going to crash and they'll keep the money flowing.

No, it means your bank account goes to zero when your bank suddenly goes bankrupt and FDIC doesn't have the money to even give you the minimum insured amount in your accounts.

It means invest in commodities.

They thought the government would devalue their currency to offset recession, so they bought any and all foreign assets just so that they could convert their assets in Renminbi to some foreign currency asset. China has strict capital control, and even financial institutions can't readily convert their domestic currency holdings to foreign currency at will. If they were allowed to just sell Renminbi to buy U.S. dollar, there wouldn't have been the global company acquisition frenzy by Chinese corporations and banks of 2016-2018.

good, i'll smile as it all burns

Let hope the Dems dont get back in power, or else they will crash OUR economy with no survivors
>tfw Green New Deal

no they won't. they own almost no real assets and frankly the value of their labor force to the international economy is almost zero. We can move chink manufacturing to vietnam or india or even fucking russia or ukraine if we wanted to, and they would have no capital to rebuild. Burn the fuckers down

How much longer can the duct tape hold? Has to break sooner or later.

>unnamed companies
>unnamed sources say
>(((Bloomberg)))
Cool story Pajeet

>It's why they're so heavily trying to invest in and buy up US companies
Except the opposite happens and its rock bottom, Pajeet.

China FDI USA
2016 $46 billion
2017 $29 billion
2018 $4.8 billion

>unnamed
>names are in the second paragraph
Did you even read the article?

>China Minsheng Investment Group Corp., a private investment group with interests in renewable energy and real estate, hasn’t returned money to bondholders that it had pledged to repay on Feb. 1, according to people familiar with the matter. And Wintime Energy Co., which defaulted last year, didn’t honor part of a restructured debt repayment plan last week, separate people said.

kek. Based memflagging kike.

btw those a net numbers excluding asset divestitures (which look even worse simply put)

The chinks cashing out is the real reason USD is not at an all time high, and I am totally OK with this.

>i dont know what Im talking about
Its am investment group and their tanking portfolio is based in Calofornia. Thats not yet China.

The other is a noname company they just pulled out of their ass to make it plural and hasnt been relevant since 2015.

redpill me, when will china crash?

in the next few years. Just like they've been saying for 2 decades now

According to sources familar with the matter in
next 3 years
next 5 years
next 10 years
next 20 years
next 30 years

Chinese government can devalue yuan and bail them out. Who loses are foreign banks with debt exposure to chinese companies:

Deutsche Bank
New Zealand Banks
Australian Banks

Let the opening salvo begin

I made a thread about it like 15 days ago, I told you I work in shipping and the Chinese economy seems to have crashed

You said I was overreacting when the Baltic Dry Index had dropped from 1500 to 900 in the space of a month. It's now below 600.

You are overreacting

womp womp

You guys are so good at cheating but clearly suck at managing finances. All you have to fucking do is just have the fucking money on the date. On the point of exchange, but you dumb chinks suck at that sort of thing so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Two WHOLE companies? Stop the fucking presses.

Attached: smugxi.jpg (453x543, 108K)

please explain, my leaf friend

but how do i make money off it

This is why Vancouver and Toronto were flooded with chinks buying real estate - it's their liferaft when the motherland shits itself.

Yep.
Nice jobs chinks!
You HAD to do shadow banking and kill the world economy, eh?

HOORAY!

Attached: dabb.gif (554x400, 119K)

Still waiting for DB to finally collapse, the exposure so big the contagion so thick

t. Gordon Chang

>CMIG
>shipping
your larp was old 10 years ago

Yeah, because their economy is going to shit. 2 years is nothing kike.

So the ((banks)) lose money. Why should I care?

I was talking to my dad about this earlier. He brought up a good point and said imagine how bad it actually is if they're admitting to this much.

Deutsche Bank's largest stakeholder is China's HNA anyway.

HNA was used as a laundromat to help Chinese Communist Party officials (at the very top) invest their stolen wealth, but they got found out and dropped the idea, the chairman of the company accidentally fell to his death while vacationing in France recently.

Chinese lie about EVERYTHING.

I member that thread

>they invest in USA because China collapsing!
>the facts say the opposite is happening Pajeet
>yeah they dont invest in USA because China collapsing!
>90% drops in FDI and billions of divestment is nothing
Cool story Pajeet

Jokes on them i dont have a bank account

so when do you think the bottom will really fall out? and again, how to profit off of this catastrophe.

I bet there will be stimulus in China causing markets to spike even higher.
There's not gonna be a real crash or anything long term.

this, the leaf gets it! it's moronic to think China's economic crash will be isolated!

no, it's the opposite.
changs will liquidate all of their chinese investments and flee into stable western ones (e.g. housing)

i bet this is right
chinese people don't fucking care about anything, they're insects
they'll accept decreased buying power until they starve to death

Trump admin is really cracking the whip with CFIUS - that's the actual story. To become compliant and avoid large punitive punishment (e.g. 15 days to divest or forfeiture of assets if Treasury find non-compliance) potential Chinese investors are now doing costly CFIUS reviews, or have given up for the time being. This is inside news from the top of the financial foodchain.

home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/international/the-committee-on-foreign-investment-in-the-united-states-cfius

Mergermarket, a leading U.S. mergers data reporter just published its global M&A report for 2018, revealing that investments from China in U.S. businesses fell by 95% as compared to 2016.

chinalawblog.com/2019/01/new-cfius-rules-shut-down-chinese-investment-in-u-s-technology.html

Chinese companies did not lose interest in the United States. What happened is that the U.S. government’s security review system has made Chinese investment in any form of technology company virtually impossible. New legislation and regulations adopted in 2018 will make those investment barriers formal and permanent. These restrictions will survive any trade “deal” made on the current Section 301 tariff dispute with China. The investment restrictions have become part of the “new normal” in US-China economic relations.

How will this work? Foreign investment in the U.S. has long been controlled by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) review process. This review procedure is managed by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) of the Department of Commerce. In August of 2018, CFIUS’s jurisdiction was substantially expanded by the adoption of the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (FIRRMA).

They will crash harder though, that’s what matters. After that we can rise from the ashes and dominate them.

That’s a lie. According to the Chinese government no one and no business has ever missed a payment or defaulted. They told me so.