Whats happening with your nukes?

Whats happening with your nukes?

Attached: 132323.jpg (798x860, 248K)

We need more development of tactical sized warheads

nukes aren't even real lmao

Nukes are a fabrication from Jew science. We'd have nuclear power everywhere if it was real.

Also heres a thought. Wouldnt older launch systems running off floppy disks be more secure than a digital system?

apparently Russia broke an old treaty by testing new missiles in one of its vassals in central Asia one of the hurkadurkastan countries anyway now trump wants to upgrade ours since their getting kinda old and congress wont stop warmongering sooo he's kinda getting worried I guess

huh never thought of it that way personally does kinda make sense though I personally want him to upgrade to a 25 megaton bomb much bigger explosion and not to much more expensive than our current 10 megaton bombs

Not sure if it's smart from a mechanical standpoint. Everything should be airgapped anyway.

idk
been a few days since i went down to check out my local nukes down the street

sorry I'm responding to my own comment but I just remembered the name It's the B-41 nuclear bomb that's what we should start using imo

>your nukes
nice try, FBI

Oh look, Muh Russians, Muh MAD 2.0, Muh Red Scare
Muh Vietnam (Venezuela)
Trump has until 2024 to prove he can lead us into the future.

Hahahahahah How The Fuck Are Nukes Real Hahahahaha Nigga Just Walk
Away From The Critical Neutron Flux Like Nigga Close The Aperture Haha

Aliens will just keep shutting them off .

Debatable, if the nuke can’t hit its mark its not as effective.

Floppies are digital, though. ???

I meant current year digital

Our land based ICBM force was upgraded by President Reagan, It was called the Mx. It had a solid propellant rocket motor, and 10 warheads each.

The solid propellant rockets, which could be fired instantly were replaced first with an antiquated liquid type, it takes roughly a half hour to fill and pre launch.

Next the ten MIRVed warheads were reduced to a single high yield warhead.

Now the latest plan is to turn the high yield into a low yield warhead. What we had was mutual assured destruction turned into??? Who knows, but it's called Prompt Global Strike..

We’re stockpiling them to bomb Isreal.

In MGSV ofcourse

You can fit more smaller yield nuclear weapons per missle that’s the reasoning behind low yield nuclear weapons. 25 megatons is overkill and impractical

High yield is obviously not usable so we are converting to low yield.

No the only way to secure a nuclear arsenal is to plug it into an alexa

Attached: 1430642685123.png (480x314, 30K)

We are reintroducing our old low yield gravity drop bombs from the 1960's as well for the F35 The old B61's with a precision glide kit attached. Another very usable weapon.

Rotting in their silos for 50 years.
The tritium triggers decayed to uselessness decades ago.
I'm glad we're never having a nuclear war. Every missile we would launch would be a dud.
This is what laziness and arrogance has wrought.

It's mostly radioactive decay of the fissile material leading to slight changes in reliability. There's no need to actually "update" with the exception of using the W88 style design on all MIRV warheads. The W88 is literally the most advanced warhead in the world, and has been for 30 years, they just need fresh fission fuel.

The point is making them usable, MIRVs do their purpose well already which is leveling multiple cities. The small nukes can be used without triggering a massive response against you from others who shit their pants if you drop full sized thermonuclear devices. You could even deny having used a nuke at all, people identify them by their mushroom clouds only

Nukes aren't real.

The W88 is no longer MIRVed. It is used in a single warhead configuration and it's second stage has been removed making it a low yield weapon.

It's wasteful as hell.

We shouldn't build any more nukes until we use the ones we have.

The W88 is a warhead itself, not a missile. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

The idea behind Promp Global Strike is speed of delivery and accuracy. Speed is increased by using what's called a depressed trajectory and pinpoint accuracy means far less yield is needed to achieve the goal.

The warhead itself has two stages, one has now been removed.

That's a bold claim and you better have a source. Why would you remove either the primary or the secondary? The primary isn't all that impressive, and pure fission designs are garage for weight to yield. The military bureaucracy may be dumb as fuck at times, but they aren't that dumb.

Needs more tritium.

Attached: tritium.gif (500x339, 455K)

Low and even what is considered no yield is the future.

>We shouldn't build any more nukes until we use the ones we have.
yup

do you think we’re gonna see more use of them in combat?

You're speaking of the new AO Cortez "green bombs".

this
look into it

Look up the BG 61 dial a yield with a precision glide kit. This is the future.

Dial a yield is old. Gravity bombs have been outdated since the 60s. If it's not a ballistic missile, it isn't useful. Any kind of "tactical" nuclear weapon is useless.

>people identify them by their mushroom clouds only
Laymen do, that's why every time an ammo/fuel dump in the ME exposed there's retards claiming it was a nuke. The US and Russia both have networks of satellites designed to detect any nuclear detonation by the radiation released in the initial reaction.

>Exposed
Explodes

This whole thread of bullshit, and these were the only two posters that got the point.

Warheads decay. As the atoms change identities, their valance structures change as well, and the crystal structure accumulates cracks. To some extent, this is mitigated by alloying fissile material with other metals that help contain the damage. But nothing lasts forever.

These are what we have rebuilt and will be using on the F35 and such. But with a glide kit they are highly accurate and effective.

daily reminder nuclear weapons do not exist

This is literally why they aren't updated in terms of software.

That sounds hilarious DESU. Like pointing a gun at someone, pulling the trigger, and having it misfire but on a worldwide scale.
>President Chelsea Clinton launches nukes against Russia to avenge her mother's loss
>Russia responds with their own nukes
>2 hours later and roughly 1% of each strike actually works as intended
>Both military superpowers have to scramble their conventional armies, Poland falls in 48 hours.
>We get the WW3 we deserved.

Attached: 8a91509be1bd47caa8b39a8bc71de360.jpg (1920x1080, 828K)

I toured a minuteman silo last summer and the AF colonel guiding us said that was exactly their reasoning.

The F-35 is rated for nuclear weapons, like the B61, because it replaces the F-16 in US services, which was the only fighter in the US inventory rated for nuclear weapons before the phase out/phase in began.

well the US can only deploy long range icbms and short range cruise missiles, both of which make a tactical warhead all but useless.

Tactical warheads are useless anyway, and lead to eventual escalation anyway.

More taxpayer money going into the bottomless pit know as welfa-errr I meant The MIC
Why is this information even public?
Shouldn't the state of your nukes be like, top fucking secret??

Are the massaging the nuke?
I want to massage the nuke

they could be used to take out heavily defended military targets.

>escalation

I think the devil is in the details with this one, simply because I could imagine a scenario in which tactical nukes are used to cripple enemy icbms.

I kinda of wonder why mid air tactical nukes aren’t used for icbm defense. You don’t need to be very accurate

Tactical weapons would have to be placed practically on top of an ICBM hatch. If other countries have even a sliver of the security the US does around silos, you won't get the team it takes to use it close enough.

There’s no network to connect to so physical security is the primary focus.

They used to be. Treaties have since restricted the US & Russia to limited numbers of warheads, and the US thought that it'd be better to use conventional ABM weapons instead of using warheads for that. Moscow still has a handful, which are now mostly mounted on S-300s. Look up the Sprint or Nike family of missiles for more.

Fucking toothpaste

hopefully the US can protect its nukes, the question is can russia or china? or the most likely contender for receiving nukes shoved up its ass: pakastan?

I wonder if an atom bomb can cause an emp or if it is just a hydrogen bomb? either way you will have to be wary of emps.

China's nukes are so well protected they keep them separate from the ICBMs because Beijing can't trust the officers. Russia probably just has to bribe the officers in question not to sell them to some mobster. Pakistan has legitmate concerns about the security of their nuclear stockpile, and is really the only nuclear armed country that does. If terrorist ever get their hands on nukes, it's almost guaranteed that it'll have come from Pakistan.

>China's nukes are so well protected they keep them separate from the ICBMs

that is a stupid thing to do simply because the icbms can be crippled in a nuclear first strike given that the enemy would know where they are. and if it is china, that enemy is most likely the US and the US knows where china keeps its icbms I would think.