How did Flat Earth become a thing?

What are you're theories on these people? Do you know any in your life? Are you one of them? If so explain yourself please i am genuinely curious.

Attached: Flat-Earth-2019.jpg (1200x630, 61K)

on here?

90% trolls. 10% maybe serious but oooh so stupid

it appeals to non conformists, anti authoritarians, idiots who think all conspiracies are right adn the normies are asleep.

it is usually linked with a host of other nonsense ideas - aliens, international Illuminati, all that stuff.

But on here - trolls...

Attached: flat basketball - REAL SCIENCE.jpg (960x720, 78K)

Once was actually used as a control by fear to keep people planted in an area. "Go to far and you'll fall off" type fear.

Disinfo to make pollute the waters.

lol @ that picture. I don't I've spoken with a few and my god they are so convinced. The most beautiful thing is when they call everyone else GlobeTards............fuck me i kinda wish i was that retarded. Imagine living in such a magical world where you that........i'd like it.

lol disinfo?

Attached: best argument against flat earth.jpg (768x960, 84K)

It's called retardation. People believe in bullshit.

These people seem to be able to function in life though. They drive cars, have families and jobs. /pol needs to start pushing the Idea see if we can make the news and convince others that it's true.

Attached: true story.jpg (480x653, 92K)

>started as a troll
>retards actually believe it
>conspiracy nuts willing to believe anything that suspects NASA and the us gov of hiding this secret

Attached: the best kept secret in history.jpg (625x498, 77K)

Deep State CIA nigger psyop code name: MK FE

Attached: IMG_0548.jpg (501x503, 327K)

Attached: why can we all se the same phase of the moon.png (2421x2361, 1.25M)

well silly beliefs =/= base competence

flat earth was how the greys pacified human curiosity throughout the middle ages regarding the universe because they needed to control them. as technology developed, the truth broke out in a way they weren't prepared to suppress it, and a schism formed regarding the truth

now we know the Earth is a globe, and that the firmament is the blood brain barrier between the Holographic and Absolute Universes, so it's whatever

Attached: you are here curiosity.jpg (573x480, 16K)

>blood brain barrier
>holographic absolute universes
you mean barrier

I'm sure they have an explanation for it. I've spoken to one and they have some retarded explanation for everything. "Oh yeah well have you been to space and seen the globe yourself?" "NO?" "Got you we win"

It triggers globies so hard it’s hilarious most of the attention is boomers like Eddie bravo seeing the shitposting and thinking people actually believe it

Ancient mariners. Back when Italy was the center of world trade, wandering anywhere towards North America was a death sentence, due to being uncharted territory and the overall amount of days without seeing any land.

Ancient ships did not have the resources, nor the proper tools for such a voyage. The ocean has massive storms and fishing is pointless for the most part.

Most people that headed toward America simply never returned. Since their ships sunk to the bottom of the ocean, they were considered to have simply vanished from Earth.

I heard it was a Larp some guy started online and it took off. I think there was always a group of these wackos though.

flat earth theory is a psyop aimed at dumbing down the population through instilling a sense of intellectual superiority.
>heh wow people actually believe the earth is flat
>good thing im "educated" and dont believe such nonsense
>might as well get back to my tv and pizza because if you compare me to retarded flat earthers, i'm basically a genius
also, this >90% trolls.
probably 99% trolls, actually. i've personally larped as a flat earther on here and it was quite fun. i also tried it out irl at work with my liberal boss and, going back to my original point, she instantly believed that i was a flat earther because she's been conditioned to believe that they're everywhere or something. i also had her convinced that i "didnt believe in science" for a while too.

Nice explanation globetard. It;s either that complex and illogical explanation or that it's FLAT.

While I agree with you on the flat Earth nonsense,You reek of liberal cuck.

Attached: 26AAF3D3-CEB7-4822-BF10-31B0ADDE1F6C.jpg (250x241, 7K)

democratization of information
>lack of authority
the internets has made everyone a doctor (measle outbreak)
a geographer (flat earth)
and a couch revolutionary (pol)

He never said any of those things.

divert you from the hollow earth fact

I half suspect its modern incarnation is a runaway chan meme. I'm not sure though.

Troll op went out of control.
Was a neat thought experiment questioning a lot of things like our reliance on prepackaged knowledge, gullibility, and information/media landscape in general, but some morons either did not know when to stop the joke or actually bit into it.
Considering origin, I think its pointless and dumb to have any argument with flat earthers.

Something between D&C and inane shitposting.

"Flat Earth" is a psyop meant to draw attention to "falsifiable science"

The Greeks discovered that the world was round long ,long before that. The idea that people in history thought the world was flat is a myth.

The only disinfo is NASA and its Globe Earth bs. The earth is flat.