Learning to code to work far away of degeneracy

And rising your family in a rural area varg style seem the ultimate redpill .
Why arent you learning to code? if you are smart enought to learn english you should be able learn too

Attached: home-office-luxury-1940x900_34952.jpg (970x450, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codecademy.com/
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-00sc-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-spring-2011/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You could choose a cheap area to raise you family and live like kings with only 1500 eur per month
There is nothing stopping you , learn html , java and you have work garantized

Why? What am i supposed to code thatll make enough money to raise a family with?

>varg style seem the ultimate redpill
He doesn't code and he lives his life thanks to the charity of others.

There is ton of low key code jork to mid enterprise that is being externalized , you will find easy jobs once you start to search for it

How long does it take to learn starting from absolute zero knowledge of what coding is and how it works? Can I learn everything I need for free?

I legitimately want to learn. Not for a job or anything. Just because I like making things

What's the best resource to start learning? Looking for a structured program. Willing to pay. Don't have enough time to dig for everything myself

I'm making a vidya
If it gets big enough I want to start a LLC in a tax-free state

unfortunately I'm in the northeast and I think the closest tax free states are Florida and Wyoming

I learned to code, but then I had no idea what to make, or if I had an idea of what to make it was way over my head and/or would require many other programmers. Idk it's interesting but making a living on it would take a long fucking time and effort.

I've been developing for 30yrs now, I tried moving to a rural area in CO to get away, but guess what no jobs. Eventually after a few years I was forced to move back to the city for employment. Thinking you can work remotely is a fairy tale

South Dakota

codecademy.com/

Pretty good starting point. Don't forget that programming isn't always "by the book" either, all it is is problem solving. Be sure to make your own projects and learn outside of what courses etc feed you.

In 3 month you should be able to dominate the basics and start creating your own aplications , only a year is more than enought to dominate what 99% of any bussiness ask
The 1% restant could take years but you dont need it
Start with html there is ton of information and people that will help you in the process

>Can I learn everything I need for free?
Yes, I learned everything that know through search engines. I never graduated from college but was still able to get a job and now I'm nearing four years of professional experience

Learn to code seems like a joke, soon to be outsourced.

Yes, code remotely, so your salary can compete against 2 billion other pajeets who are also working remotely!

That's not even near realistic

oh, one state over, noice

There's tons of resources out there. The most important thing to know is that you don't need to know everything. In the end a program is just a bunch of loops and variables.

Also, the best way to learn is to fuck around, you are not gonna blow up your computer by getting something wrong.

I doubt that. I work in construction and everyone one pays more to have white people do the work. They have learned Mexicans do substandard work that costs more in the long run. I imagine most professions are waking up to this reality.

I'm looking for something more high powered. I've hand coded fairly complex websites from scratch using just HTML and CSS. I know Bootstrap fairly well. I also worked almost all the way through Zed Shaw's Learn Python the Hard Way

Is Free Code Camp any good? What about Udacity?

i like the idea of skill diversity, can coding be a gateway in to other skills?

HTML and CSS won't help you with programming languages - they're different things for web development as you already know.

Your python knowledge will help you a bit, but most languages can be "high powered' in the right hands. Just pick one and stick to it, you'll learn most of things you need to know if you just draw a language out of a hat (with some exceptions)

Its starting to seem like college is the worst approach to learning to coding

"Learning to code" isn't the same thing as software engineering. Either way you will compete and work with smelly pajeets and crooked asians. And Trump has only increased the number of retarded visa slaves that you will have to work alongside.

>Its starting to seem like college is the worst approach to learning to coding
Hacker kid college dropout now making six figures, college is for liberals and faggots hth

From what I have heard, Python + SQL is a powerful combination of skills to have... Like muay thai & Ju Jitsu in MMA

Stop being a nigger and learn C++

SQL is good to know too if you're looking for a job yeah

But like I said, if you get good enough at one language, most of the others are pretty easy to pick up.

If you have the aptitude you can learn software engineering on your own. But most people don't have the basic analysis and creativity abilities to code at all, let alone create reasonable software systems.

Dev here, youre basically saying how do i learn how to be a degenerate to stay away from degenerates
Learn something productive that uses the strength of your body you fucking faggot coding was a mistake

there is diversity in coding itself, you can code websites, their backends, specialize on databases, there are bunch of different code languages, you can program machines or just using some built-in framework in existing system and do some simple stuff for people who knows nothing about it. Coding ranges a lot in complexity and basically everything. It is good to have some predispositions for coding, I for example studied school where we were taught programming and always was able to figure out the way how to do a task first in class and i ended up being pretty shit coder in real world comparing with some people who really has natural gift for it. But as is with everything its about practice, I recommend someone also learning and try creating some project with that person, share ideas, discuss problems and how to solve them.

Simply don't involve yourself with the rampant degeneracy in the coding world and do your own thing. The only way this couldn't be avoided is if you are employed and forced to work in a team with maniacs. Other than that, just do what you're good at and ignore everyone else that isn't directly offering programming advice.

How many coding jobs are there that allow you to work from home?

>Make software or vidya
>Sell it

Alternatively there's freelancing, but I haven't done anything with that.

It doesn't matter what languages you "learn" if you don't have engineering competence.
C/C++ is only necessary if you need max efficiency or are working on bare metal systems, and you better not be retarded and ignorant like the visa slaves, or your software will be even worse than if you used a high level language.

So youre basically a neet untill you manage to sell your indie game for 3 months of food, i wish my father wasnt a fag and thought me woodwork or something like that fuck coding and fuck jannies

>The only way this couldn't be avoided is if you are employed and forced to work in a team with maniacs.
Do smelly retards count as maniacs? Either way, I don't know how much longer I can take this. It's not worth the money, especially when you dump most of it into rent and taxes.

>So youre basically a neet untill you manage to sell your indie game for 3 months of food
Yep, better make it a good one. All you can do is rinse and repeat, hopefully gain traction and then run your own race. Until then, you just have to put your nose to the grind stone.

its not fun after while, in my previous job we were allowed to take homeoffices, i was testing how much can i fuck around with it until someone will tell me something... well it happened that i didnt show up in the office for like 6 months, no one gave a fuck, barely done any work at home, no one gave a fuck. After some time it got bit lonely tho and started to miss contact with other people, when in office colleague would point at me and make jokes like who is this strange man ? Well it was nice for playing games, just wake up, turn the pc on, keep sleeping for 2 more hours, then wake up again, take shower, make some food, play games, then shut down working pc, smoking some ganja along the way. Basically living my childhood dream but after some time got bored of that and found better paid work with some nice people as colleagues, actually happier now even tho i have to go to office and sometimes even do some work.

>just make a good indie game

Attached: gaben-625x352.jpg (625x352, 36K)

Don't let the numbers fool you (at least, they're only half true). The average income of indie devs is so low because the average is brought down by literal India tier babbys first unity "le retro indie platformer" that has 5 "pixels" total on the screen. Decent indie games do decently well.

Go to Jow Forums

How many developers can make profitable games? One of the best recent sellers, pubg, was made by a retarded modder who could never produce the game engine in a thousand years. Making profitable games has little to do with engineering or coding.

I have never seen a coder who is not a pathetic loser. Sure there are many jobs in this area but no one will respect you nor they should

>Making profitable games has little to do with engineering or coding.
It's a bit of everything. Making your game fun, not run like a piece of shit and a bit of marketing, or so I'm guessing.

Brazil doesn't own any computers so you have never seen a coder period

>not run like a piece of shit
Plenty of modern AAA games try to melt my pc and that doesn't stop sales. And game design and marketing is completely independent of engineering. Any retard can learn to hack shit in unity or whatever and if people like the game they will buy it, however ridiculously inefficient the software might be.

Marketing still plays a role though. Some games just spam social media, others are just more word of mouth. Outside of that, your guess is as good as mine. Just make the game that you would want to play and let it loose.

Nobody cares about inefficiency, you'll barely hear anyone talk about a game using to many resources and the reason is everything is marketed that why by companies arrangement trying to sell you more and more expensive gaming graphic cards motherboards etc everything labelled as gamer sells alot because stupid zoomers will buy it with boomers money

I work in a company that had talks with google for a marketing program they asked us 60k dollars monthly, google controls everything they have the power to make the shittiest thing popular they are basically gods

By marketing I should have clarified that I meant just creating a following on social media for basically free. I have no experience with the kind of marketing you're talking about, but I trust you're right on that.

switch (sex)
{
case "M":
break;
case "F":
break;
default:
Debug.Log("sex must be in the format of 'M' or 'F'");
break;
}

I do know how to code but I'm not indian

Switch statements can have more than two options

The real red pilled way would be to have an "isMale" bool

this is not true, but you can't find jobs. you have to start your own web enterprise to make this work.

If you’re not super self motivated then taking classes at community college for programming is good. Check the credentials of the teachers first though, if they’re not impressive then your better off teaching yourself. Otherwise, the best way is to work through a book which is boring as fuck.

I know basics. What language is better to learn for start?

Attached: 1550075926319.jpg (720x764, 96K)

//not using enum to describe gender
//not uniting cases as they act the same

What a shame.

What I'm saying is that coding and software engineering skills are totally independent of game creation, and it doesn't make sense to tell coders they can make games just because they can code.
Unfortunately, this isn't the old days when developers had to make their own engines, like Doom. Anyone can make shit and push it one way or another, which helps explain why games are such shit compared to the old days when only intelligent people could possibly make them.

C++

Switch statements are also evil, unless you aren't a retarded visa slave, which is becoming increasingly rare. I wish I was born 40 years ago.

>Learning to code
This is such a nigger-tier phrase
I'm an independent software dev, live and work in the US and its prefectly fine

Also your "home-office luxury" is a meme that doesnt exist, all those fifteen year olds that go off to Chiang Mai thinking their shit software will make it big are lying to themselves and usually move back after a year or two when they're done fucking ladyboys and need a real job

plus american girls are way hotter than anything in asia

Attached: 903.jpg (1080x1136, 182K)

>way hotter
and easier

>What I'm saying is that coding and software engineering skills are totally independent of game creation, and it doesn't make sense to tell coders they can make games just because they can code.

I see what you're saying. You're right, and that's why there is so much fucking shit on app stores etc. Still, if someone is passionate about vidya and has been playing them for a long time and understands what can make them "tick", I would still encourage it in that circumstance (providing they have nothing else going on in their life).

ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-00sc-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-spring-2011/

I know a few people who are coder nomads, these guys have the weirdest accent from traveling around the world non stop, living it up coding to make bare money when they need it.

You sound like you got boxed into a job

Really just flat out wrong for the both of you.
Its not as easy OP makes it sound but you very much can work remotely. There are lots of companies in the US looking for remote developers.

>Switch statements are also evil
Terry Davis would call you a nigger.

How much math do you need to know?

Is c++ the best language?

Terry davis is also a dead schrizophrenic who developed nothing worth of value
Luckily you can be inefficient these days and get away with it and make money

pro-tip: have a project you want to build, then learn whatever (insert language) that accomplishes said goal

classes are boring as fuck, just get dirty w/ it. there are literally no barriers to entry.

for example) CTRL+SHIFT+ I, click on console ---> your very own Javascript interpreter holy fuck!

>math
Really depends on the job.
I had to make a dumb map system using OSM and it required some trigonometry that I just copied on the internet
If you want to make vidya like most losers then you need trig, calc and physics

public abstract class Sex {
protected abstract int MakeSammich();
protected abstract int CrushPuss();
}

public class Male : Sex {
protected sealed override int CrushPuss() {
return 1;
}
protected sealed override int MakeSammich() {
return 0;
}
}

public class Female : Sex {
protected sealed override int CrushPuss() {
return 0;
}
protected sealed override int MakeSammich() {
return 1;
}
}

>alert("hitler did nothing wrong")

you can't be a schizophrenic if you're dead

No such thing as "the best" language. Different languages are preferable for different tasks. If you're just learning, pick anything.

>How much math do you need to know?
Not much for most things

Alright thanks.How do i pick a language?I don't know anything other than memes.

CrushPuss() should only appear in the Male class, and MakeSammich() only in the female class

No reason to have them in the abstract Sex class and then override them in both

Noob coder here, haven't even worked in the industry other than 3 internships. If you are absoulutely desperate do it, but if you have option stick to them, this marcket is saturating slowly but surely, if you noticed everyone is "learning to code".

Attached: 93972694.jpg (1024x671, 159K)

>if you noticed everyone is "learning to code".
I am not really worried about that. 90% of them are twitter idiots who just want to look impressive in front of their peers. They'll do a hello world and then say "i'm a coder now" and stop

You'd be surprised by the ammount of new people I've seen that is learning it as a career way out of NEETdom and people who just got dropped out of their last work doing it too. I'm not saying there is no place for you if you are learning, all am saying is think twice before joining an slightly oversaturated field.

Except that youre wrong coding has a curve that doesn't allow people to enter without some dedication most people are learning to code but 90% wont stick with it or will be shitty coders only good to install wordpress plugins and make some shitty function on function.php or make appear/disappear something with js , real coders are hard to find and on a raising demand

We'll see, I am curious to see how long it'll stick as the "trend"

taking graduate level mpi/cuda/math methods this semester literally 300k starting the class

maybe you fucking suck

Stop phone posting you double nigger faggot retard

The good companies want top talent on site. These are the jobs that pay big.

I'm going back to college, age 27, three years to go. Going for a CS degree. Tired of fucking working stupid jobs. Tired of not making enough money. Just fucking tired. One day I will live in Tokyo. I will be an ethical hacker. I get closer to my dreams every day. Fuck the NEETs and anyone else who doesn't support your personal hustle and grind.

fuck that
i think php will be more applicable since most people aren't looking for python webdevs. would be useful to learn for your own knowledge but i just wouldn't expect a job in it

Last day saw a job offer on a good starting position... 34 people applying to that job, that's quite a few... Anyways, I'm just pissed because everyone is being told to "learn to code" and that's gonna oversaturate the market. I don't like that, that's my future field.

Go to classes if you have the chance, and over all, practice on your own, practicing on your own and going in depth of what you already know are the biggest strenghts, there's plenty of free resources available, yet a good teacher can do wondewrs. There's usually free codecamps or courses for unemployed people related to the field, you might wanna look that up. Be warened though there are courses for newbies and courses for advanced users, the advanced ones are where the juicy stuff is, but you can't really do them without a good base. Godspeed.

Attached: 1546033164051.jpg (603x324, 105K)

ye

>virtual methods
disgusting

They're abstract methods user

And those 34 applied knowing shit, they probably saw some academind videos and they applied for the job, a experienced recruiter asking the right questions would filter them up quickly

>I failed, therefore it is impossible.

You're wrong. There are lots of remote tech jobs. You just have to find them and land them.

You give me hope, thanks dude.

"Soon?" You mean "now". Almost every company has poos in India or imported poos doing this work. And they fucking suck at it because they're not taught to think, only to vomit up the exact things they've learned.

This isn't bad advice. I work in tech and I fucking hate it. Now I want to do something at least semi-physical because I'm tired of staring at a fucking screen all day in an office full of fluorescent lights and "how about that new Marvel movie?" nerds around me.

What can you tell us about them? How did they land their nomad-friendly jobs? How many hours a week do they work, on average? How do they travel? Backpack? Sailboat? RV? Walking?

what is the folkstyle of languages?

85,000 H1Bs are issued to pajeets annually. They last for three years and can be renewed once. After six years, their employers file for a green card, which takes over ten years to receive. With that pajeet's H1B slot freed up, the employer can bring over another pajeet on an H1B. So every year, all the pajeets who first received an H1B six years before get approved for a green card and another pajeet arrives to join them.
>year 0: pajeet comes over an an H1B
>year 3: H1B renewal
>year 6: green card approval
>year 16: green card issued
>year 21: naturalization process started
>year 23: citizenship granted

>23 years to get citizenship
holy fucking shit son, better that way though, you don't really want too many pakis, they work hard, and for peanuts, that's why I don't like them at all, after a few years they expand and open up their own business and hire a fuckload of more pakis, it's like the roach nest