Is monasticism a degenerate practice?

Is monasticism degenerate?
> refuse to work for the future of your people by becoming celibate and throwing away your gene pool and your ancestor's heritage
> spend your life sitting around doing nothing but praying and a bare minimum of work to survive
>Mostly live on handouts
> Hide away from the world and rot away in some cloister
>Make almost nothing that helps the world
>think you are so holy and pure because you don't get your dick wet.
so Jow Forums is monasticism a degenerate practice?

Attached: monk.jpg (465x705, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WylQbCN4HYA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cistercians#Commercial_enterprise_and_technological_diffusion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No they usually have a trade , making just enough money to get by
Here’s a cozy 5 min documentary on the monks of norcia
youtu.be/WylQbCN4HYA

>your brain on sola fide

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cistercians#Commercial_enterprise_and_technological_diffusion

Yeah, but it would be cool if instead of having celibacy they ran some kind of eugenic program.

Degenerate? Fuck no, monks are the original >comfortablepepe.

“Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

Attached: 1546995368587.jpg (480x480, 57K)

Well the whole point is leaving the material world behind..
sacrificing pleasure for spirit, simplicity
I find a profound beauty in that ..

Watch this youtu.be/WylQbCN4HYA

some of the best european works of art have been made by monks

And we lost those genes forever

Based Holy men. We will know the West is going to survive when they and nuns return in number

In the modern day yes.

The social and economic conditions of medieval feudalism (especially manoralism) were more than eugenic enough to offset any genetic loss from celibate monks and clergy.

Goes against scripture. Bible says bishops should be married with children and that women are saved in childbearing.

All of christianity is secretly degenerate and anti-human. The most christian thing you can do is become an ascetic hermit dedicating your life to pure contemplation of the lord.

Are you retarded? We have a history of primo-geniture in the west. Second and subsequent sons weren't inheriting anything and were already pretty much out of the gene pool.
The typical monastery is also a working farm.
The mendicant orders are the ones that survived on handouts; monasteries survived on one time type endowments.
They also were the centers of learning throughout much of history, and kept a lot of ancient writing alive.

>Is monasticism a degenerate practice?
Yes, if you reject the grace of God, which is to say, you're a utilitarianist, pragmatist or a liberal

What's really degenerate is when Christfags post pictures of handsome White Jesus to help the Jew. He wants to deceive Europeans into believing that their king is a Jew and that cross-breeding with Jews will yield white children. Jesus (fictitious), who has preposterous magical Jew powers, is offered as an enticement for whites to cross-breed with Jews. The Christian wants to turn you into a Jew.

>The social and economic conditions of medieval feudalism (especially manoralism)
Don't mind a little offttop, but I am wondering why islamic world did not have similar effect with its polygamy. The most successful merchant, or warlord could afford having multiple wives, and have many children. Don't say that middle eastern people were even dumber before.

>Throwing away your genes
Genetics was discovered and penned by a monk retard.

what would his son have discovered?

>implying medieval monks didn't father tons of bastards, invent science, and preserve the great works of classical Greece and Rome

The ones who actually keep a vow of celibacy are probably doomed to be incel NEETs, who wouldn't have married and reproduced anyways. Monastic life provides them peace and meaning, and puts them to use for the greater society.

They also educated the young, tended to the sick and indigent (without the decadence of the modern welfare state), and served as a pool of literate, educated people who taught and advised rulers.

Islam didn't invent polygamy. Really just invented a few ground rules. Might be eugenic under certain circumstances, but seems to create social dynamics incompatible with high trust, cooperative societies.

I have heard this argument for a long time. Best scholastic genes in Catholicism died because they became priests and hence decreasing overall IQ among christians. Whereas among Jews, daughter of the wealthy merchant married respected scholar and hence combining the genes for business with genes of academia to create cognitive elite.

Can someone with actual knowledge of genetics and evolution prove me wrong?

Priests and monks are not the same thing

But I agree with you. Just pulling it out of my ass, but I think the whole "celibate priests" thing was the result of a holiness spiral in the early church. One group of priests trying to gain power by being more holy and ascetic than another. Didn't Augustine have a wife and a concubine?