I have a girl in my life that I don't understand a fuck about what she wants

I have a girl in my life that I don't understand a fuck about what she wants.

I will resume the long story by saying she is a Kuudere (cold and somewhat silent personality, specially regarding emotions)

Now, she is in some way acting as if she is interested on something more than friendship with me as well as well as taking her distance. But I just can't solve it yet, I need outside opinions to help me understand WTF is going on with her.
I will list what she does that makes me think she wants or dont want something and I'll let you make your guesses.

WANTS:
*She phones me literally every single morning and during all her free times.
*She plays videogames with me to the point she consider's me as her duo and doesn't play with any other friends.
*She's no longer a very social person, acording to her friend (I'll call her Spoon) (female friend) she seems te be untrusting with males, specially with those who seem to have a crush on her.
*Considering the last point its weird that she started trying to be close to me since the day we meet.
*Spoon told me there was a moment she used to talk about me. A LOT.
*One day I unconciouslly made her jealous because I was talking more to her sister, making her say: "You only come to me when she ignores you right?"
*She has actually spent some money to get a couple presents for me.
*At times she unconciouslly states quotes in a way that makes me feel I'm not being just considered a friend (I say unconciuslly because of point 2 of the DOESN'T WANT list).
*She always tries to cheer me up when I'm not having a good day and when Im sick she does seem to worry about me.
::CONTINUE::

Attached: karakai_jouzu_no_takagi_san_by_cape_penguin-dc2vc8i.jpg (1024x726, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RKxzdasGU0M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_American_academics
natcom.org/sites/default/files/publications/NCA_C-Brief_2017_March.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP HERE THIS IS PART 2:

DOESNT WANT;
*She never ceases to speak with me when we are on phone calls yet she rarely texts me back (at times I can understand that its because she's busy others IDK I do feel ignored at times. Spoon says she tends to forget to read or reply texts to anyone even her. So Im not an exception.)
*She NEVER speaks about her feelings. And I mean NEVER. So she never really says cute things in a direct manner, you will never hear compliments and nicknames such as "You are so cute", "I like that about you", "You make me so happy", "sweetheart", "Honey", "dear" and such. (She some times compliments my videogame skills but that's the closest thing I can get aside from when she unconciouslly says stuff that can be undestanded as something else)
*She always ignores me on propose or changes the topic we are talking about when she realizes I'm starting to trap her into a position she will need to answer with something that might expose what she feels for me.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:
*Ask spoon for help: She has talked to her about her feelings for me and she just ignores her or avoids the question with another question or a topic change.
*Tell her how I feel: I do like her and she more than knows it. Yet she has never confirmed she feels the same NOR she has ever denied it.
*Keep trying: After a year of getting to know her and another year of trying to get closer to her this is as far as Im getting the more I seem to try.
*Use her sister: Her sister and her doesn't really get along that well so I can't really count on her sis for help on the matter.

bump

Youre wasting your time, and ours as well. Nice blogpost but Id just ask her if she wants to go out. If she doesnt, cut contact since it looks like shes playing games and I want none of that. Also you seem to be invested in her way more than you should have. Shes just another chick. Good luck.

Did you seriously use a simplified anime personality trope to describe a real life person
Holy shit user

>I will resume the long story by saying she is a Kuudere
Stopped reading there. Stop being a weeb.

Yea,to me it seems she likes you.
Just try asking her out; if it doesn't work,you move on

I find myself in an eerily similar situation, except I've gone out with her and we've kissed. Howevere, she still shows these traits, and whenever I ask her what she feels about me, she always tells me she's not sure and whatever. At this point I feel like just moving on, but I still like her a lot.

Gotta say I'm on team 'stopped reading after kuudere'
If you're simplifying people like this, maybe dating is a bad idea for you.

Go back to plebbit, normals

I'm on team "it was an effective shorthand to establish a baseline from which to build a profile of her personality."

Oh fuck off mate, I knew it wouldn't be long before you made another retarded comment. What, you really think "Kuudere" exists outside of Japanese fantasy fiction?

If she has feelings for OP then that is exactly what she is because that is what shes doing.
If it quacks like a duck it's probably a fucking duck.

But nobody needs to do that. You never want to shorthand people. If you have to shorthand it on Jow Forums it's probably too nuanced and complex and ends in "talk to them, man, not to Jow Forums."

So: talk to them, man, not to Jow Forums.

Okay but if she doesn't have feelings for OP then what prick?

You up for round two, commie?
Kuudere is a purely Aryan term, and denotes the second-best personality type. The Japanese simply adopted it after it was suggested in diplomatic backchannels by the Peron government of Argentine (which did so on the advice of Eichmann). In short, as both a lexical refinement of concept and as a concept itself, 'kuudere' is based and redpilled. Therefore, opposing its use as a term is cringe and bluepilled.

In order, but by no means exhaustive or without exceptions:
Yandere (disciplined kind, not batshit insane) > Kuudere > Dandere > Tsundere (Type B) > Tsundere (Type A) > Kamidere

>Purely Aryan
Haha you are fucking joking. You are, aren't you?

Nobody ever goes on Jow Forums to pull peoples' legs

Ah okay sure, everyone is dead fucking serious here.

Then shes a just a huge bore. I'm sending that you're in this argument literally just for the purpose of being right about something.

You betcha.
Replying to a tripfag was YOUR mistake. If you make it again, you're probably on your own. Don't give them time, effort, anything. They're just timesinks-- even for themselves.

That's why they're tripfags on a fucking anonymous imageboard.

>She's a huge bore
Because she is just a friend to OP?

I'm serious. Japanimations are derived from the work of Walt Disney, a towering figure and pinnacle of Aryan achievement.

I'm not like the other tripfags. Give me attention!

I'm just fucking with him because he completely derailed another thread.

>fucking with him
Because from the outside that looks just like "derailing a thread." Sorry to say, but if everyone would just leave LitHit and Pean-hit-her-Butter alone in threads, they might actually lose steam.

The constant stream of replies will ensure they derail threads long from now. Of course, this is a "why the fuck don't you talk to them instead of Jow Forums" thread so no harm, no foul.
:3c

This song is the best German achievement.
youtube.com/watch?v=RKxzdasGU0M

Yeah while friends nothing too exiting can happen cuz that would be actually taking the relationship a bit further.

You're right, the schmuck just fucking says shit and then denies it anyway.

Come on we only ever hear user's side of the story. There could be nothing exciting about it at all and he is just over-exaggerating things in his mind. It's pretty typical of people who agonize about details instead of just asking.

Some women have a lot of fear. This fear results in anxiety of all sorts, there are many subset emotions of the base emotion of fear.

Fearful girls have trouble making decisions, telling the truth, saying anything certain, or planning.

Let me guess, OP, 100% of everything she's planned has failed one way or another?

She's not relationship material until she can sort our her fear and learn to make decisions like a grown adult and tell the trust. Do go anywhere with that girl.

Or actually do. the relationship won't last long and you'll learn a lot. So do it.

>*She always ignores me on propose or changes the topic we are talking about when she realizes I'm starting to trap her into a position she will need to answer with something that might expose what she feels for me.

OP: *She always ignores me on propose or changes the topic we are talking about when she realizes I'm starting to trap her into a position she will need to answer with something that might expose what she feels for me.

It seems to me that she's already being asked.

And then he got his answer. Thread closed.

Thank you, fren.

But I've been here a year and still going strong with my sourced arguments, although I can't vouch one way or another for what the repentant dog kicker will do. Also, the thread the commie is referring to was derailed by him, I replied on topic to OP (it was the "waited until marriage, is wife asexual" one, exactly what I always post about) and he got rectally ravaged. You're welcome to read it yourself, although the first two exchanges should tell you all you need to know about the rest.

In short:
>Tripfag: "OP, do X, because given A it's likely that B could happen"
>>user: "What, there's no conspiracy among Y because of A, you're crazy"
>"It's not a conspiracy, just that A makes B more likely, and given that A is prevalent among Y, check for B. A is not a problem in itself, but B is, and B is more likely with A"
And so on. Read the thread for more detail, but it's nothing juicy by any means, unless illiteracy is something you find funny.

>shit taste even in commie music
DDR anthem is better.

I say something, you ignore it, and then you double down in insisting I said something else.

Attached: you.gif (480x336, 867K)

I just realized the two respected tripfags on an advice board are a nazi and a woman-hitter

Nah nah m8 you kept on saying that the therapist would be left-wing and would therefore encourage them to do stuff that was left-wing because "leftism" has taken over therapy (completely out of your arse mind).
Then while repeating this over and over you insisted you weren't telling the OP to distrust the therapist based on a leftist conspiracy theory you had.

Lastly, fuck you Unsere Panzerdivision is the tits.

>Respected
I have good news for you, they don't exist.

Neither of us are respected, but giving consistent advice is worth it, at least for me.

I dare you to link to the post where I said that. Do it.

I saw that too.

Considering you've been here a year though I've been at this longer than you, just less consistently present

>Please read the results of a bitter fucker and a tripfag having a bout
No. Just no.
>People on Jow Forums have the argumentative structure of a sugar-high toddler with autism
Yeah, basically.
>I provide sourced arguments
The problem is >tfw no GF doesn't need sources, it needs therapy, professional help and some hard to swallow pills. Sources are usually what get brought up on Jow Forums in career based threads (earnings, employment, turnover etc.)-- there's very little room for actual arguments on Jow Forums is the issue, it's that arguments are usually a result of one person being blind or deaf to reality and basically ignoring it. Sources can't fix stupid.
As a result you generally just come off as a shit-stirrer and drama queen, although you might not think it's the case. Most arguments are less arguing and more just someone willfully ignoring the truth. Of course that's kind of what arguments are rooted in.

Regardless, I still think you're better than the prior tripfags that Jow Forums has suffered, like truckerfag and the dogfucker girl.

I'd have to link to all of them, what do you think you were saying?

Btw I'm glad you said consistent and not "good".

>(You)
>respected
Everyone knows you as an animal abusing wife beater. Respect is not what you receive here, no matter how much you tell yourself otherwise...

I'd argue most of the advice he gives is tangible/practical, which is more than good

>Sourced arguments
Where was your source that the therapist was going to be left-wing?

Well I'd argue against it.

Tit-for-tat. What was that comment going to achieve?

In my experience a girl that acts like this isn't really into you. The fear factor can be discounted because she well knows you're into her. She doesn't respond to your attempts to flirt and is generally evasive about the topic. She's probably hoping you get it and stop pushing the issue because she doesn't want to have to crush your feelings

OP found it helpful, that's more than enough

What? The OP was long gone before he replied. Seems like he had accepted the advice to go to a sex therapist and saw no evidence his took LitHit's "they'll be left-wing and turn you into hedonists" claims seriously if he saw them at all.

Think before you speak

I was thinking the same yet what I find odd is that she phones OP and spends time with him every day. I don't think anyone actually does that for someone they just want friendship with. Any other girl would've just make him come back to earth after some time if there are no such feelings.

She at least shows some interest.

>Yeah, everyone’s gonna have different definitions of sexual fulfillment. I imagine a good therapist would work to help you find that for yourself, not by their own personal biases.
It doesn't seem he was totally convinced. Did you think?

It's actually astonishing how frequently you and LitHit just keep on contradicting yourselves. Just stop.

And you have a mind to determine that?

Good fucking lord stop giving advice you absolute dullard

>tfw no GF
I rarely bother with those beyond shitposting. But anyway, sorry for the affect, it's not my intent.
Do it for any of them.

"The" therapist? I said no such thing. I said therapists in general are more likely to have leftist beliefs, and the quickest of searches will find it.
Do you want a source for why water is wet, too? I said that, given the fact many therapists will tend left (to spell it out, this is a clarifying clause, used for detail), OP of the thread should be certain that their particular service is something beneficial to his situation, and compatible with his values.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_American_academics
>"Demographic surveys of faculty that began in the 1950s and continue to the present have found higher percentages of liberals than of conservatives, particularly among those who work in the humanities and social sciences. "
>Focusing specifically on social psychology academics, a 2014 study found that "[b]y 2006, however, the ratio of Democrats to Republicans had climbed to more than 11:1." The six authors, all from different universities and members of the Heterodox Academy, also said, by 2012, "that for every politically conservative social psychologist in academia there are about 14 liberal psychologists"

natcom.org/sites/default/files/publications/NCA_C-Brief_2017_March.pdf
>Democrats to Republicans (a rough gauge, I'm sure we agree, but the general picture is the same) among Psychology faculty is 17.4 to 1

I said "be sure that the service offered matches your expectations". If the sex therapist is one who brands himself as being able to "spice up a sex life", that's not ideal for someone like OP. why are you constantly tying this to politics? It's just an explanation of why he should be aware. If the therapist was a literal fascist but advertised the same thing of "spice it up", it still wouldn't be a good fit.

Why would he be convinced of something I wasn't arguing in the first place?

Here's a way to visualize it: take out the "because" you keep mentally inserting and getting triggered over.
Then what I say is this:

1) leftists are less likely to share the values that led you to wait until marriage [FACT]
2) therapists are generally left leaning [FACT]
3) left-leaning therapists are going to be more likely to base there services off of different values from your own [FACT]
4 ) while a therapist will be obligated to treat you ethically, the treatment itself may not be what you want [FACT]
5) make sure that whoever your therapist is, he offers the service you think will help most [advice]

Find the conspiracy, you utter shitstain.

I'm not giving advice here, stop trying to come up with literally anything as a comeback.

>I said therapists in general are more likely to have leftist beliefs, and the quickest of searches will find it.
Right but where is your source that therapist's political views come into their job? Because I understand it's a matter of integrity that they don't judge their patients at all, including politically. Disprove that one real quick.

>I was only talking about a sex therapist who "spices a sex life up" I only coincidentally mentioned lefties every single time.
You're not fooling absolutely anyone, besides why do you even give a shit? You're "Literally Hitler", I'm surprised you haven't mentioned da jooz yet.

>I said therapists in general are more likely to have leftist beliefs, and the quickest of searches will find it.
What does this have to do with sex therapy within a marriage?
>therapists are generally left leaning
They're also professionals who don't put their personal lives in the same sphere as their patients
>left-leaning therapists are going to be more likely to base there services off of different values from your own
That's not a fact.
>while a therapist will be obligated to treat you ethically, the treatment itself may not be what you want
Yeah, a heroin addict wouldn't be encouraged to take heroin I don't think any sex therapist would encourage a married couple to do anything that's extramarital.
>make sure that whoever your therapist is, he offers the service you think will help most
You suggested a pastor, while not a bad idea, isn't a sex therapist.

The whole thing is conspiracy, cut it and it bleeds jet fuel that won't melt steel beams.

OP here.

UPDATE: Spoon is hosting a christmas dinner between the 3 of us. Which means I'll be able to hang out with cookie (the girl I have the issue with).
Any ideas I could try?

BTW I missed a bit of information: After a year I started to call her "Cookie" cuz she has freckles, I was a bit affraid that she would take it as an insult but it wasn't the case she never says she likes the nickname but I can assure she doesn't hate it cuz she's been allowing me to call her like that for a year now.
And also she only allows ME to call her cookie, a friend made the mistake of calling her that way because that nickname is the only way I refer to her and she had an upset reaction with him answering "What did you just said?" repeatedly prettending she wasn't listening as a way for me to realize she didn't wanted anyone else to call her that way, she ceased as soon as I told my friend that which confirms it.

>where is your source that therapist's political views come into their job?
Good fucking God, how dense can you be? You have been the only one saying this as a premise the entire fucking time, and every time I tell you otherwise you just go deeper into the recesses of your own colon, insisting I said something I didn't.

A therapist will choose what he wants to specialize in. There are trauma therapists, there are sex therapists, there are marriage therapists, pediatric therapists, and entire subsets within them. And certain value sets will be predisposed towards certain specializations, towards different ways of seeing what "helps" a person. I am not telling him to avoid leftists. I am telling him to consciously avoid a service which would be fundamentally in conflict with his values, and the only reason I included leftism into it at all was to say that there is a relative possibility of him encountering such a service. For the 30th time, this has nothing to do with ethics or "forcing beliefs on clients", it is a question of picking the bloody service you want to begin with.

Regardless of the Hippocratic oath, people don't see a proctologist for a goddamn headache, not unless they have their head shoved up in their ass as far as you have yours.

>You're not fooling absolutely anyone
Of course not, you do that to yourself. I'm being perfectly clear.

>That's not a fact.
Oh really? And I suppose there's no correlation between the your beliefs and your willingness to sign up for the "race war 9000" death squad? Your values absolutely influence your career paths.
>I don't think any sex therapist would encourage a married couple to do anything that's extramarital.
Nor did I say they would. I'm still waiting on the link.

>You suggested a pastor
No I fucking didn't, use ctrl+f "pastor", and you will see I only used the word in an analogy.

Eat a bullet, you incompetent waste of space.

>Oh really? And I suppose there's no correlation between the your beliefs and your willingness to sign up for the "race war 9000" death squad? Your values absolutely influence your career paths.
What the fuck are you talking about?
>Nor did I say they would. I'm still waiting on the link.
You mentioned hedonism, I can't be assed to get the link because you know you said that word and you'll just look for excuses to slime your way out of it.
>I did mention pastor as an alternative to a sex therapist but it was analogy!
An analogy to what? Alternatives to a sex therapist?

Mate you're the one who makes a point of being name around here but you're obviously not here just to give advice. the only one who is allowing their political leanings influence their advice is you, you hypocritical twat.

>dog kicker
I never kicked a dog.

I'm super liberal and even I concede that therapists are left-leaning and of course it influences the values they emit on the job. I mean you can't deny it it's just obvious

Oh wait, are you confusing progressive medical practice with left-wingism?

>What the fuck are you talking about?
The same thing I've been talking about this whole time, mental midget.

>can't be assed to get the link because you know you said that word
You probably don't have the brainpower, anyway. I'll oblige:
>"while "sex therapists" are a thing, do be sure to confirm they're the right kind for you--that is, someone who deals with these kinds of issues about sex itself rather than the hedonist "spice up the bedroom" types"

As you said, whether they are or aren't a hedonist isn't what makes them ethical therapists. This isn't a question of ethics, this is about what service their ethics would apply to. And a hedonist is far more likely to go into that area, of "spicing up the bedroom" therapy, than someone who is repulsed by the idea. It's a label, because I don't think too highly of hedonists, and considering OP is categorically not one either, I doubt he would want that kind of therapy, regardless of who it came from.

Also, you can clearly see I am not dismissing the idea of a sex therapist (despite your whinging here ). I am telling him to find a sex therapist who focuses on his issue.

>An analogy to what? Alternatives to a sex therapist?
Look at it yourself. I have a suspicion you didn't read it the first time, and even if you did I'm absolutely certain you didn't understand it.

>the only one who is allowing their political leanings influence their advice is you
I'm not a therapist, nor did I say a therapist in-session would force anything. And I'd sooner "help" someone as insufferable as you by putting you in the ground rather than bothering with ethics. This isn't about me.

>this thread
>attack of the namefags 2: electric boogaloo
kek

>I just talk bollocks, then deny it and call you a retard
Cool, you win mate.

Still going to mug you off in any thread I find you in because I'm just going to shitpost at you. A proper argument is pointless what with our very conflicting views but you look like a tit because your the one with the tripcode.

Last night I wasted 25 posts and a few hours of my time trying to reason with the piranas that follow my posts and troll me. I tried to reason with them and have a fair discussion. But despite all that time and effort, no concessions were made from them, and the benefit I enjoyed from the conversation was all but petty nuance in how I articulate myself. By the end of it all, nothing really changed.

I think that if I spent my time last night in other threads, talking to people who are actually receptive and conversational, then I would have ended my night with a greater net-benefit on the world.

Its funny how everyone here is in their own discussion and no one actually advices OP.

>piranas that follow my posts and troll me
Oh you poor fucking soul, it's not fair to have people recognise you based on this tripcode you've been forced to use.

So far I've provided sources on request, given innumerable analogies and clarifications, linked to my own posts when you were too lazy to, and specifically pointed out flatly untrue beliefs you held about my posts.
You have...repeated ad nauseam the same incorrect premise the entire time, and you couldn't even be bothered to hit two keys to confirm something. Twice, for the same thing (the 'pastor' recommendation I never made, if you're wondering).

You're right. A proper argument isn't possible. But that's not because we disagree. It's because you have the mental capacity of a demented brick.

Very true. I suppose I have nothing better to do at the moment, but it's obviously just a time sink.

Tends to happen, sorry.

As I initially said, couched in a shitpost and somewhat obtusely, his terminology is fine, to be expected of Jow Forums(nel).
She definitely seems to like him, but she's probably very cautious for some reason of disrupting their current relationship. Without jumping to conclusions, I would guess that she's either deathly afraid of making him dislike her through imagined flaws, has major attachment issues, or feels 'forced' to hold herself back. So while it's likely she likes OP, it is not very likely that she will get into a relationship with him, nor would a relationship be wise to jump into before she can work on the issues holding her back.

You just kept saying something to the effect of "he isn't going to get what he wants unless he can verify the therapist is right-wing", whatever you thought you said or the ambiguity you used as a get-out clause I don't give a shit about.
You're a hypocrite for accusing anyone of letting their political leanings influence their advice.

You give the raw sources that say "This many therapists are left-wing" without really proving that's not an irrelevance. If you're truly now saying that you don't believe the therapist's political leanings don't matter then why did you even bring up the left in the first place?

This is how it's been
>You: Therapists are left wing so their teachings might not be what you as a right-leaning person wants to hear
>Me: What proof do you have that left-wing politics will influence any part of counseling?
>You: I never said that.
you can agree that's basically the jist of the conversation thus far?

>If you're truly now saying that you don't believe the therapist's political leanings don't matter then why did you even bring up the left in the first place?
I can work with this. You're very close to getting it-- why would I indeed, if that were my position? The answer is I don't have the position you keep saying I do.

I brought up "the left" as a way to justify my urging of caution in selecting a service. The logic is leftism > more likely to hold different values > more likely to build a service focusing on incompatible values/issues OP isn't having
Leftism is simply a descriptor, to clarify that the thing to be cautious about is the (unnecessary, but NOT unethical) type of service. Strictly speaking, it wouldn't change my advice if I had left leftism out entirely--OP should have still found a service which focuses on his issue. I only wanted to explain the reasoning behind that caution.
You don't open doors with a pole to avoid booby traps unless you have cause to believe it might be booby trapped. Now, I'm not saying therapists are a booby trap. I am saying that for there to be caution, there has to be a reason. It's not malice, no more so than, say, you would have to be "cautious" about checking to make sure a coupon is still valid.

>You: Therapists are left wing so their teachings might not be what you as a right-leaning person wants to hear
No. Therapists being left wing in general simply means tend to have certain values, which in turn means they are naturally inclined towards offering services you don't want or need. If they are left-wing and offer the service, it doesn't matter, and I said this multiple times.

To clarify, when I say "you don't want or need", I am following the format of what I was responding to. I mean the OP in question, not you specifically or a generic "anyone".

There are certainly people who do want those services, and who think they need them, hence why they exist in the first place.

Right but you're still saying that a leftist attitude or some other kind of influence COULD provide a solution that doesn't meet his needs? Therefore he needs to be cautious that the therapist may unwittingly push some solution that is in alignment with their own personal standards?

But what I'm struggling to understand is where any of this is based in verifiable facts? If you ask for advice on Jow Forums, you get advice from someone who calls himself "Literally Hitler" and definitely lets politics influence his advice. If you pay money to visit someone who is a registered therapist with a diploma, then you're also paying for professionalism which in therapy means the therapist understands the line between what is objectively good for the client and what their own personal opinion is.

In spite of this, you still seem to assert that with a left-wing or any therapist (but let's face it, you want to say left-wing) that their advice won't be professional and would be influenced by their own personality. This is without any proof or reasoning other than you just simply believe it's impossible to fully separate personality from providing advice. But that's because you're not a professional, you're a person who calls himself Literally Hitler on the internet and problem does hold the belief that the left does this sort of thing based on other things you've heard as hearsay on right-wing sites.

Nothing you've said was actually factually correct other than many therapists vote for democrats. Everything else has been opinion without facts (bias), hearsay and hysteria. That is why I'm accusing you of propagating a conspiracy theory that without proof might have stopped that person from seeking the help they needed to save their marriage.

Probably does*

>Right but you're still saying that a leftist attitude or some other kind of influence COULD provide a solution that doesn't meet his needs? Therefore he needs to be cautious that the therapist may unwittingly push some solution that is in alignment with their own personal standards?
No, you misunderstand. I'm saying he just should look at what a given therapist specializes in. There's no issue with a sex therapist as a label. There's no issue if that sex therapist holds beliefs either I or OP consider "hedonist". But if their service is disconnected from his problem, then he should seek a different service. That's literally all I ever said.

>You just simply believe it's impossible to fully separate personality from providing advice.
Not quite. The therapy is their job, and they have ethics to abide by. However, beliefs do influence what jobs you take. They don't make you ethical or unethical within that job, but the belief itself influences what path you take. But again, this is not and never was the focus of my advice. It is background information.

>what I'm struggling to understand is where any of this is based in verifiable facts?
It's mostly logic. Broader facts don't play much into OP's situation. At the root of my logic was a fact-based assertion that he could run into a service (not a therapist) incompatible with his issue. The bottom line, and logically independent statement, is that he needs to find the best service for his own problem.

>that without proof might have stopped that person from seeking the help they needed to save their marriage.
I would hope not. The post I linked to encouraged him to seek the help--and indeed, the specific kind of help they *need*, which is what the warning was about. Not 'leftism', and not "leftist therapists are bad".

Disclosure: I know and am on good terms with a therapist who is also leftist. No, they're not mine. I don't see a therapist.

Reminder that if you reply to the tripfags you’re just as bad as them, and equally responsible for detailing threads. Filter their posts if you don’t like them.
Anyways OP, listen to . It doesn’t really seem like she’s hiding her love for you, it’s more like she doesn’t have those feelings for you beyond friendship but you can’t see that. Explicitly ask her out or move on.

*derailing

Then I don't know why you even mentioned the word "left" or "hedonist" at all. Because what you're saying now is a concern you could have for any service and one people already have when using any service.

Like telling someone they should be wary about whether the kitchen in a restaurant is being kept professionally clean. It's kind of stating the obvious because people already look online for reviews before using any service.

I mean what was the point of your statement then? Do it but be careful of unprofessional people user? They might have a different prerogative when it comes to relationships that he might, despite them only intending to help?

>Like telling someone they should be wary about whether the kitchen in a restaurant is being kept professionally clean.
Exactly. Why warn about something if there isn't a reason?

And that's why I mentioned leftists. Not because the leftists are what you have to worry about, but because I was clarifying the thought process that led me to give a warning of caution. It doesn't mean wrongdoing at all, just that leftism is logically connected to a potential issue he would have in finding the right therapy (as in, "you may see a service that doesn't do what you want/need, be careful, and here's why you might run into those services", not "leftism is bad therapy").
He hadn't even heard the term 'sex therapist', so it was just a precaution on my part to say it. Plenty of people don't know what to look for, and it can't hurt to confirm.

>They might have a different prerogative when it comes to relationships that he might, despite them only intending to help?
Pretty much, yes. If this seems extremely innocuous, that's because it is. In the service itself, they're there to fulfill that service as best they can in an ethical manner--all I told OP was to find the service he needed, a specific subset of sex therapy, rather than go to the first thing he finds.

DON'T POST PERSONAL PICTURES HERE

I'm not sure how sex therapy and left-wing politics are connected. Also it seems like sex therapy does what it says on the tin, they have a problem with their sex life and therefore a sex therapist will find the root cause of it and offer advice on how to over come it.

I don't think there is a subset of sex therapy either, especially for this particular case. It just seemed to be a difficulty over coming long held stigma towards sex, you just can't mentally block the the desire and curiosity for so many years and just suddenly be comfortable with sex. Like imagine growing up believing eggs are bad for you, then suddenly you're expected to start eating them.

I suppose I just can't see what possible solution there would be that wouldn't be what the OP wanted.

Stop replying to his bait. He brings up leftism for no reason other than for attention.

>I'm not sure how sex therapy and left-wing politics are connected.
In and of themselves, they aren't, but if a person is in both categories, then the expressions within that do change. This is only background information, and now that it's been clarified I don't think we need to go over it again.

>I don't think there is a subset of sex therapy either
There's always subsets with this kind of thing. The regulations at least in the US can get pretty specific about certification past the broadest level of generic "sex therapy". There are also numerous different methods one can use, some of which just don't mesh well with some people (i.e. someone who has a tendency to get defensive and angry in group settings probably shouldn't do couple's therapy for marital problems)--in extreme cases, one bad experience can make a person refuse therapy altogether.

>It just seemed to be a difficulty over coming long held stigma towards sex
It could be, (although the stigma is properly placed on fornication, not sex itself) I don't know. That's what the therapist is for.
>I suppose I just can't see what possible solution there would be that wouldn't be what the OP wanted.
Say that is the case, that she stigmatizes sex--there are undeniably some methods which would be a terrible match for her. For example, there's the "sense therapy" where the partners are encouraged to touch each other, something which you don't want to do (definitely not right away) if you see anything related to it as dirty.
The point is, OP should know what he's getting into.

>bait
Please. It was for a reason I spelled out above in excruciating detail.