Is he right?

Is he right?
Is minimalism a blight upon architecture?

Attached: shot-20190218-1187f.png (631x632, 420K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=__NtzWtrm28
mcmansionhell.com/arch
mcmansionhell.com/post/149284377161/mansionvsmcmansion
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buda_Castle
vimeo.com/101804860
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Both versions are ugly. Judging from the exterior that's clearly a California cuckbox so fuck them regardless.

Minimalist in what sense?

Minimalism is decadent, but asceticism is redpilled

Those bright brick and grey granite buildings are the blight upon architecture now

The house on the right is better.

Prove me wrong

This is also a form of minimalism

Attached: aes.jpg (800x561, 193K)

Right looks better in this particular instance, but left would look better if it was a normal color and didn’t have the icicle lights hanging from the eaves.

It's better than the one on the left, which was clearly the domain of some gay faggot Cuban nigger prior to being gentrified.

minimalism is still better than degenerate mcmansions.

Attached: c2ed035bdb9cd8fea8369eeca8e39291.jpg (1280x801, 146K)

It’s much better. The one on the left has Christmas lights and a tropical color scheme, so it clashes in a most garish way. The one on the right is minimilaist, but not modern. (((Theyre))) not sending their best to slide today.

>gentry
>good
Heretic.

Attached: ny.png (648x1073, 895K)

Minimalism seems like some ploy of selling scarcity at very high prices.

It would be one thing if minimalism was in effect making housing cheaper. Unfortunately that's simply not the case. Instead we pay up to hundreds of thousands for a brand new home that is nothing more than a collection of dry wall rectangles, cheap windows, and copy pasted roofing. Why should I be asked to pay What cost me half a year to make to buy something so simple and souless if I will be bound by regulations dictating what I can and can't do to modify it?

at no angle does this house look picture-perfect. I hate how 1%'s design these shitty L-shaped (sometimes T or Y shaped) homes...

Attached: 9c36d8b01f3d8409398b06a71e8c9f90.jpg (200x200, 15K)

Looks like west Oakland.

Minimalism is just a Jewish trick to get white people to accept less for themselves and their children and pass it off as “zen” and “enlightened”

>Earn less, produce less, expect less, accept less

Attached: 3E652CCC-8D72-466B-AE9A-7C2D8CF1A677.jpg (4032x3024, 2.35M)

minimalism looks a whole lot more comfy than kike commie bloc postmodern bullshit

Attached: the most hideous mcmansion in America.jpg (1600x1066, 229K)

Attached: target.png (638x1289, 990K)

>minimalism vs brutalism
like comparing AIDS and cancer

Attached: bookstore.png (626x1149, 818K)

Attached: windows.png (638x756, 655K)

>gate
>satellite tv
>retarded color scheme
Gotta love when likes fetishize black neighborhoods. Minimalism is just code for how white people who gentrify neighborhoods dont maintain the retarded rundown appearance

Minimalism is just millenials coping with being poorer than their parents. "Its called a tiny home, dad, not a trailer house. Its minimalist"

Good enough for me.
/thread

Attached: music.png (632x978, 804K)

minimalism has its place. I think complexity is purposely attacked to make construction and maintenance cheaper for governments and corporations but not always.

It creeps me out that possessions out live people, I think the minimal life style is a good one

people who take pride in collecting stuff weird's me out, they spend money to accumulate items to store until they die

It would make sense if you lived forever but most people have a hard enough time making it to 80 and you just spent most of it working to buy crap to store that will still be floating around when you are gone most likely dumped into a landfill or sold in a charity shop

Attached: existentialism_dread.png (800x740, 27K)

>complexity is purposely attacked to make construction and maintenance cheaper for governments and corporations
bingo

Attached: ornamentation capitalism.png (622x765, 500K)

This is true when it comes to record stores as well. We have a local shop where he purposefully doesn't alphabetize. Now, he does group like music together, but he wants you to explore.

Is it a kind of gimmick to keep you in the store longer? Maybe. But it has a certain charm to it.

Attached: soul.png (630x1122, 945K)

The one on the left is what blacks and South Americans do.

Attached: community_image_1420640890.gif (500x281, 1.4M)

this right here

> Be Beaner
> A supermarket that is not cluttered with Las Creaturas, endless thrash thrown on the ground and fully functioning sign lights looks pretty and hopeful

I like cities, at least it feels like humans are supposed to live there and not animals.

Attached: BASURA-EN-EL-CENTRO-HISTORICO_21868760.jpg (710x473, 124K)

youtube.com/watch?v=__NtzWtrm28

"Hey goy look, I appreciate your heritage I swear-

Fuck this slide thread.

ITT: penis-unwashed people who haven't been Fountain-pilled

Pitiful bread

right looks better but not 10/10
I wanna know what caused them to remove the window grating since areas rarely improve for break ins and crime

>yuropoors jealous of the rich
why am i surprised ? ohhh wait i'm not lol

Yeah. Looks like Oakland.

minimalism is easier to maintain.

Looks like that cuck shed my grandma built.

You forgot to put on a proxy. These comparisons are set up to make the "soulful" architecture look poor and people making such comparisons idiotic.

God damn jew lmao. Always with dem tricks.

Are you living a righteous life, user.?

Can I get an example of a "proper" mansion as opposed to McMansions?

Attached: anime question 3.png (720x672, 401K)

If we can minimize the shitty things in life like shekel love. That would be great.

Minimalism is a Jewish psy-op to condition people to feel content with not having the means to afford more.

It's OK to be minimalist by choice, but let's be truthful on the matter - many promote this lifestyle out of a subconscious coping strategy with their lack of options.

minimism is the ideology of the bugman merchant. Aristocratic man revels in opulance won from his many mighty endeavours. Away with the "humble" Zuckerbergs and Buffets, in with the Extravagant Musks that send sports cars into space for the glory alone.

Greek/Roman architecture is the most based architecture. Beautifully master crafted sculptures of marble that reflect European culture. Hence why many government buildings have Greek or Roman inspired architecture. When I think of western civilization, I think of this.

Attached: 1549060919740.jpg (2813x1857, 2.32M)

I want houses and towns like this.

>comfy city made with different customizable houses using the same materials and colour pallete
>gardens blend in to neighbours for communal benefit
>swimming pools on the roof
>not overcrowded
>surrounded by nature, not a concrete jungle

Attached: s4-99eadd1e5f989ee4632f2c9b917b2641.jpg (960x540, 152K)

>Minimalism is a Jewish psy-op to condition people to feel content with not having the means to afford more
No it's not. Minimalism is the antithesis of materialism.

The best things in life are free, and you can't buy them.

it literally looks better on the right the left is trying too hard to be edgy

This is still my favorite building.

Attached: hungarian parliament building.jpg (1920x1080, 540K)

wrong: the best things in life a won.

The best things in life are in fact not free and you missed the point. Minimalism is not the antithesis of materialism, it's a low-investment strategy whilst maintaining a base level of material comfort.

What the hell is "edgy" about it?

I live in a neo-gothic building with gargoyles and it fucking rules. It also has terra-cotta carvings of various aquatic creatures including fish and crabs. In addition, there are eagles, dragons and mythical creatures. Pre-WWI architecture, especially Nouveau and neo-gothic was the peak style of Western Civilization.

should have picked a better example schlomo. both of these have a charm of their own. you want to see overly tidy minimalism taken to level that would drive even a commieblockdweller to despair, you should come look at some europoorean shit built during my lifetime

Beat me to the punch. I see homes like that all around the BART station.

Read this too:
mcmansionhell.com/arch

Attached: 1494577986512.jpg (1024x1024, 362K)

Exactly. I would love it if we did this all over America.

>is it a gimmick
Depends. You should have some sort of organization, I assume it's still organized by genre- so while it's not organized to the t, there's still direction to it. The general thought would be to get you to go to your favorite genre and have to flip through a bunch of music,paying attention to find what you want- and with that added attention, you may find something that intrigues you.

There's a book store near me that looks very similar to the top picture, however it's in a MASSIVE building and it spans two floors. You can barely see the shelves so it's literally a maze of books piled to the fucking ceiling.

While it may look unorganized, your first impression is mindblowing just to see such an immense collection of books. It's organized by genre and subgenre to a degree, however there's several "pathways" that'll lead you to stuff you'd think would be categorized with other stuff.

It's easily one of the most memorable places I've been, as it had incredible soul and personality.

The bottom, and stores similar to the bottom, just feel soulless, robotic, canned, and corporate.

minimalism isnt an architectural movement. Nothing he took away from that house is architecture except the fake exposed soffit beams and the arched window frame.

the rest he removed is called junk

Probably, but anyone who has moved alot starts to hate having a bunch of shit they don't use

You sound like an idiot or an argumentative fool.

>The best things in life are in fact not free
They literally are. You can't buy peace of mind or knowledge of God, or love, or friendship or salvation, they are all free. Even gentiles can come to this conclusion.

Go ahead and collect your junk, then. It won't fulfill you, nor will it impress anyone, and eventually you will grow out of it and look back and cringe.

Attached: living-room-home-201504-yjmag-minimalism.jpg (1200x675, 137K)

>it clashes in a most garish way.

Attached: 1481168841154.png (305x442, 239K)

Yes. Beauty itself serves no purpose. Beauty is a value all its own. If only the necessary is kept you'll be left with only the soulless and ugly.

No. Beauty follows form. Overfanciful architecture is disgusting.

Attached: 2gP77CM.jpg (3000x2000, 776K)

I love the autism criticism of mcmansions. I demand more.

God what a sterile and soulless "living" room. Looks like living in a fucking hospital.

Where to begin, the house is an architectural nightmare... Is this what boomers build?

Attached: 1529756888941.jpg (642x716, 92K)

And this:
mcmansionhell.com/post/149284377161/mansionvsmcmansion

Attached: 1455848162317.jpg (1024x681, 424K)

cringe and bluepilled

slave mentalities like stoicism and minimalism is pure cope

That's one beautiful building. Imagine all those arches full of Arno Breker's statues...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buda_Castle

vimeo.com/101804860

brutalism = worstism

most important

>no niggers

minimalism or death

Attached: qtq7a4214tf21.jpg (750x554, 30K)

sure you're not Jewish buddy?

Attached: maxresdefault (20).jpg (1280x720, 243K)

convince burgers that mcmall parking lots can infact get more depressing, and we might still have a shot at the wall getting built

Gibs me tiny house and UBI

I don't care if the Nazis made it, that looks like shit

You don't get peace of mind, or knowledge of God, or love, or friendship or salvation for free.

That you don't pay with literal money is irrelevant philosophically. Effort, sacrifice and value, virtue or hard work is sacrificed in EARNING those.

Money is a soft cap on your ability to invest your time as you see fit and is thus relevant if you want to spend your time pursuing virtuous efforts.

Hey, kid...psst... I'll let you in on a little secret.

>material posessions anchor your consciousness, by surrounding yourself with them, they are actually stiffling your inner self, you can test this yourself, sleep in a room without any clutter and write down how good you sleep, i.e. just a bed and as fewer things as possible, you will literally feel so much better

Clean your room.

I have things on my desk now that I don't want, they are annoying me by being there. I wish I could be as minimalist as my pictures.
Simple and elegant lifestyle > junk collecting.

I like both of these for different reasons. The local bazaar has its flavor, but sometimes you want clean and tidy, and you can't be bothered to haggle.

Fractal self-similarity is the key.

Get load of this smoothbrain pseudo-intellectual who thinks there's no difference between soulfulness and just being messy. I sleep best around Christmas because the lights from the tree are absolute maximum coziness.

What minimalism means decides everyone for himself.

For me it is not having a bunch of useless fucking gadgets that fill up your house.
Buying decoration for you house is only prove that, the things you have that provide utility to you, are ugly.

You need a house to live in, so make it pretty.
You need a closet for you clothes, get one that you children would keep.
You have a garden, make it so you can eat from it.

Attached: 1535909000935.jpg (561x715, 69K)

Minimalism isn't that bad, brutalism is much worse.

>Anno 2205
Nice

Okay I chuckled

This picture is like;
>left is a liberal bugman who thinks being outgoing and grinning is interesting
>right is a clean-shaven person in a suit who makes an effort to look nice

Both houses are personalized inside, according to their owners. The one on the right, for example, could be filled with rich and colourful tapestries and rainbow wallpaper. The exterior is only clean and simple to make the neighbourhood look less like a third world. The left one wouldn't be out of place in Cuba or South Asia.

>useless gadgets
I have a feeling you're an 18 year old that lives with his parents. As a kid, I thought we had a "lot of useless gadgets" too- until I moved out and had to start making and doing stuff myself, when I realized that these "useless gadgets" were godsends.

Humor me, what are some useless gadgets?

We know schlomo... We know what you think...

It didn't actually look like that, though. Their buildings and artwork were very colorful. A Roman would think the buildings in your pic were unfinished.

That's rustic minimalism, not my thing personally but it's still nice. The crafted materials might add a more personal touch for some people.

>California cuckbox
lol

god i'd love to live there with a southern belle trophy wife