Just got hired in at this dump. can someone give me a quick rundown of the USPS?

just got hired in at this dump. can someone give me a quick rundown of the USPS?

Attached: usps-2013.png (1024x814, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BC8FxxvXYTY
youtube.com/watch?v=epnqisvSCwo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Inspection_Service
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

18 year postal fag here.
You're going to learn there's a thing called "postal logic".
Do NOT attempt to think your way through it. Throw up your hands and let it pass. Seriously, you'll get through a lot of headache that way.
Carrier? Mailhandler? Clerk? Maintenance?

Going postal is a phrase because of places like that. Just keep that in mind.

isn't it like 80% niggers who work there

spbp

Yeah because you can't get fired and you get great pay for shit work with lots of benefits

based unionized govt company

it's literally in the constitution which is why right wingers hated it

you faggots wouldn't give me maga hat

Depends on where.
Its about 30% where I work.

Cool, i would like information as well, i plan on applying for a carrier assistant.

How is the job security?
How about co-workers?
Is it stressful?

CCA

RAPE

How much a hour

with the attitude you already have, you should just do yourself and everyone else a favor and quit before you shit anything up further.

Attached: Charlie-Daniels.jpg (758x530, 40K)

>How is the job security?
You literally can't get fired unless you do something illegal. You can be the biggest fuck up ever and not get fired just the USPS "encouraging you to quit" because of shit agreements they made with the union to keep them from firing their employees.
>How about co-workers?
If you like being around a bunch of blacks then yeah it's perfect

it starts off at 17 something and you get crazy hours and overtime. not sure what the max pay is once youre considered regular but i know its in the 20s

Im in KY, my post office down town is full of white folk.

If he's a CCA he can get fired quite easily.
He's not a career with the protections.

Yeah small town rural post offices are comfy, I live near Detroit so yeah.

It's totally broke, like the rest of America. Enjoy working for free or during the Apocalypse, whatever comes first for you fags.

They can't make a dime and mail carriers are paid to drive around delivering mostly junk mail. It costs 50 cents for me to bring my letter to the post office and mail it. It also costs 50 cents for you to drive out in your mail truck to my mail box out in the boonies and pick up my mail and then deliver it. See why it doesn't work? All-in-all though, I think the USPS service has increased in quality with the proliferation of online retail.

Attached: Bill2.jpg (222x197, 16K)

30% white
got it

Be prepared to deal with lots of angry customers.

yeah im assuming hes a PSE CCA in some bigger city.

OP is a nigger

Fellow long term postalfag?

nah the postal stamp increased to .55 cents though and it will continue to increase to cover costs along with other postal items will increase in pay from regular shipping rates to PO box rentals. Granted this is because the USPS has to pay for benefits for future workers that aren't even born yet among other shitty deals the Government forced on them, despite the niggers and other problems without all the government rules forcing the post office to fail, they'd be pretty successful tbqh.

I wrote a long ass article on the USPS a while ago. Long story short, USPS was actually a decently run organization at one point in time. They aren't government funded (although they do get favorable deals on lending and of course a monopoly on first class mail)

Anyways, congress fucked them by continuing to require delivery to most residential addresses (an economically unviable goal which is why UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.... ALL use USPS for last mile delivery) but also fucked them by requiring them to pre-fund health care benefits.

They have been bankrupt since, have continued to lose their competitive edge in the private sector, are unable to take on any more debt, and are essentially spiraling out of control until our retarded government does something about it. Meanwhile private companies are gladly highjacking this retarded organization for profit and our own government is unironically getting angry about this even though they created the problem

Quit now and save yourself the misery after you finally figure out your routes and everything clicks your going to realize how everyone has fucked (from coworkers to management ) you over screencap this post and see if it doesn’t come true

You're the Postman
youtube.com/watch?v=BC8FxxvXYTY

My Uncle worked there for over 30 years, and, rather than promoting him, they hired 2 inexperienced mexican women to be his boss.

no I'm a newfag still on probation at a small mpf, Maintenance. Most of our carriers are long timer hard working non complaining folks who get shit done. Whats your situation like?

>Not government funded
Incorrect - it is laundered money.
Probably a quarter of bulk first class mail is government paid postage, which amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars.

Clerk for 18 years, medium sized city. Sitting happy just going to work with headphones on, getting paid a fuckton of money, and going home to shitpost.

>Anyways, congress fucked them by continuing to require delivery to most residential addresses
The post office has been doing this since it's founding and that was it's purpose, to connect the new country together since this was pre-mass media and not having everyone connected would cause issues. There are some pretty good books on this subject.

hey man, sorry but youre basically nigger tier if that place hired you. Probably take a gun to work one day and kill some other nigger tier white people. Have fun earning 12 dollars an hour shitlord

>If you like being around a bunch of blacks then yeah it's perfect

Attached: Drooling.600.75790.jpg (425x600, 57K)

Welcome to hell,op. Hahahaha

The only thing wrong with that post was 12 dollars an hour

Tell women you work at the post office creampie pussies.

Women love mailman,ups drivers cops and firemen.

read this.

Attached: post-office-a-novel-charles-bukowskipdf-libcom.jpg (451x640, 44K)

yup.

youtube.com/watch?v=epnqisvSCwo

With any luck I'll make ET10 very soon. If all goes according to plan I'll probably camp out here for the next 25-30 years.

You must be a nigger.

Don't fuck with Postal Inspectors. You may laugh, thinking post office cops are like mall cops but they're closer to US Marshalls than they are to a Rent-a-Cop. Fuck with them at your own peril.

Drive a small Jeep on the wrong side of the street and drop garbage in metal boxes in front of peoples homes.

>Don't fuck with Postal Inspectors.
This, they'll fuck you up

Bukowski was a pussy,
Postmaster here, AMA

Adding to Don't Fuck With The Inspector
The dudes are allowed guns on planes, that is how high they go.

I worked there as a casual onetime. After they taught us how to drive the mail carriers I was sent out to da hood on my third day. It was around the first of the month so I had to deliver welfare checks. The compartmentalized mailbox at this one place was halfway damaged with broken mailboxes and no address labels on some of them. A bunch of sheeeboons and their chillins swarmed the thing as I was trying to deliver the mail. Since the shitty thing was so damaged, I took some of the mail back to the office. Old white bitch fussed at me to go back out to da hood and complete the deliveries. I quit.

Attached: 242626272.jpg (1920x1189, 800K)

Fucked you over how?

Because they go everywhere?

I don't believe you. Mail police?

I've been with them over 16 years, work in management and make over 80k/year. You have no security in your first 90 days. After that, you have some security. Don't get injured, don't have any vehicle accidents, do a halfway competent job, once you are converted to a career position, you're set. Very good pay and great benefits. Lots of stupid, frustrating decisions made by those in the upper levels will piss you off, but don't let it get to you. 8 more years and I'm eligible to retire....and I'm not staying one day longer.

keep your head down and dont say anything at all really

They do home raids all the time though from what I've seen they usually do it joint with the FBI/ATF etc. but yeah they're fully armed, ready to kill etc. they'll fuck you up. They were one of the first federal forces too created to kill mail thieves when the US first started and continued on. Don't fuck with them, it's like fucking with the ATF.

why is management comprised of incompetent niggers and lesbians

Can someone explain to me how do you become a federal employee inter US? How does the selection process work? Is it just like the private sector?

im well aware of my first 90 days being very crucial. going to do my best to make it through it.

Little known fact, if something can’t be said by a lesbian nigger, the USPS considers it not worth hearing.

several family members worked there including my mom, from what i learned it seems like everyone in management is retarded

Yeah.

OP, it's very stressful. Hang on until you can make career, then transfer to a smaller post office which needs you. Or apply to another government agency.

While you're at it, join the National Guard if not active duty. Military is a better bargain than even being unionized.

This sounds like one of my SDOs.

Not a federal worker, but I've looked into jobs. There's a webportal, usajobs or something. You can view what's available and the requirements. Like private sector, Apply like any Joe shmoe, I'm sure it helps if you have someone inside to vouch for you

Going postal is an American English slang phrase referring to becoming extremely and uncontrollably angry, often to the point of violence, and usually in a workplace environment. ... Between 1970 and 1997, more than 40 people were killed by current or former employees in at least 20 incidents of workplace rage.

>Postal Inspector
>no recognition
>no respect
>still delivers pain and postage
>mostly on time
Mailman: Going Postal

I expect my check in the mail. Also junk mail. Saves a fortune on firestarter costs.

>Doesn't know the meaning of go postal
You have to be 18 to post here.

Fuck president's day. My shit should've been delivered today.

No not like private companies at all. The process is generally very long winded with endless tedious and pointless paperwork. Multiple layers of yet again pointless bureaucracy to work your way through over the months long process. Also you pretty much have to be a retarded lazy sack of shit worthless female and preferably shitskin of one sort of another and as incompetent as possible, bonus points if you’re actually illiterate. And then you get an easy job where you treat customers or whatever like shut and do more or less no work get great benefits and get to feel self important and constantly go on about how hard your job is and what a sacrifice you’re making. Also you probably get to be in a union which always gets its way since the government doesn’t give two shits about the taxpayers getting screwed.

I get 10 Holidays a year and ain’t no one fucking with them.

You in postal management

I work mine.
Double pay rocks.
Plus staffing is usually bad so I get overtime on top.

>US Postal Inspection Service
>Et dolorem reddere vectigalia

I worked today bruv. Machines are running tiptop. The literal hardest part about my job is not saying gay faggot or nigger aloud. You should have ordered sooner.

DBCSs?
AFSM?
SPBS?
FSS?

you use your day of mourning yet? I cant wait for the 4 living ex pres to kick the bucket so I get a one day vacay

kek

Fuck, now I can't stop thinking of cheesy action movie names starring a postal inspector in combat gear.

Mostly I work on DBCS and DIOSS machines. Sometimes bounce around to other stuff that needs done. And the manual cancelers. I only have a month of probation left and I am top of the PER list for ET and we just had a guy quit so hopefully I don't get fucked. I actually rather like this gig, easiest fucking thing I've ever done.

they jacked the price of packages up by well over a dollar in the past few years. in january it went up another 50-75 cents.

>china sends their epackets completely free over 6 thousand miles

I should have gone ET, its my calling, but I didn't want to deal with the maintenance ladder and losing seniority.
No I haven't actually. I still need to. Right now I'm just busy being sick.

Couldn’t stand automation, way too borning.

Sounds bretty good to me pham. Why would you rather work 40h a week to make barely over min wage meanwhile your boss mr shekelstein is getting richer ten fold over your dedication?

Mail Police predate all police like organizations in America

Founded around Benjamin Franklin's era.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Inspection_Service

The Postal Inspection Service has the oldest origins of any federal law enforcement agency in the United States. It traces its roots back to 1772[3] when colonial Postmaster General Benjamin Franklin first appointed a "surveyor" to regulate and audit the mails. Thus, the Service's origins—in part—predate the Declaration of Independence, and therefore the United States itself.

As Franklin was appointed Postmaster General under the Second Continental Congress, his system continued. One of Franklin's first acts as Postmaster General was to appoint William Goddard as the first Postal Surveyor of the newly founded American postal system, in charge of inspecting the integrity and security of postal routes, regulating post offices, and auditing their accounts. A letter from Franklin to Goddard, dated August 7, 1775, authorized a total of $170.00 for Goddard to carry out these duties,[4] and so August 7 is recognized as the "birthday" of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.

What do you mean? Brb as well.

yeah, there is some fuckery with maint as far as seniority, making sure youve checked all the boxes for promotion, covering your ass, not working "above your skill level" and shit but compared to private sector bullshit getting paid nothing for killing yourself every day, its gravy. With 18 years at clerk though, youre probably maxxed out and have pick of your hours and jobs eh?

Make sure the T-shirt I returned to get it swapped for an XL comes with no damage to the TAPED envelope, the first time it came had some envelope damage.

Remember, my taxes pay for your gas.

>want to be postal worker
>can't say nigger or faggot
sweatingpepe.jpeg

Pretty much. I can do what I do right now with the hours until I retire.

it can be stressful if you're new to a route and have a shitton of mail. just do your job as best you can and don't fuck around and you can't get fired.

I was making 22/hr as a TE 5 yrs ago. They cut our pay to 16 and I left.

Job is too hard for 16.

Work on your concealment/stealth stat to hide powerlevel, or just be of few words.

im fine i just feel like if something extremely frustrating happens i'll do a pewdiepie oopsie

I will add Mgmt will push you to your limits. Not all days are bad. I did enjoy being outside drivng, sometimes walking,
Try and find an isolated parking lot and waste time when you finish delivering before you have to be back.

I FUCKING HATE THOSE CHINK PACKETS!
Every day, tens of thousands come in the building, all with microscopic printing.
I'm so glad I got out of Outgoing and don't have to deal with that shit.

I remember one time I went and tried out being a mail clerk. They had me down for 14 hours on my first day. I ended up leaving by the time midnight rolled around due to the fact that they expect you to work 14 hours with only one 30 minute break. Now a couple years later I am in a comfy trade job.

Find a clean slur and practice it, i.e. goddammit (God-bless America) , faggot (fa-ntastic), nigger (kni-ckerbockers)

dont the scanners send an alert to someone if you're not moving for more than 10 minutes?

>14 hours
Impossible.
If you were a temp, 12 is the absolute maximum.
You get 4 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch in a 12 hour span.
If career, TEN is the maximum if not volunteering.
12 is the maximum if on overtime list.
You can only go over 12 if volunteered, and I never heard of temps being allowed that.

I was an RCA in a small town for like a year. The place was so small I had to use my own car to deliver the mail, and there were no uniforms. It was sort of the best job I ever had. Show up to work, sort the mail, start the route, and then throughout the rest of the day interact with practically nobody while I just did my job. The few people who did talk to me were the nicest people I've ever met. The post office is not a bad gig at all if you can get a full time position.

I remember the place being looked into a while back. The shift was 5pm - 7am.

Attached: shift time.png (181x65, 4K)

I don't believe it.
The union would have squashed the plant manager, postmaster, and every MDO and SDO that went along with it.