27+ Thread

General 27+ Thread
Just continuing from the last thread in advance.

Attached: 27+-.jpg (886x762, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r9B7BQWnZJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not?

You found your people did you not? I'd kill to go back and be part of something.

It's easier to be a part of whatever thing now.

The major difference is the internet and what it did to popularize it. Back in the day if you were wishing you were a part of something you'd have no fucking idea if there was even a store or a club or a group of people who were into said thing. There could very well likely be a group of whatever fringe thing but you'd never know about unless you had friends of friends who also had friends whose friends were part of that group. You had to be socially extroverted to get anything done back then. These days you just google that shit or look it up on facebook.

Also the fact that these fringe groups became more popular and accessible online means that they became more popular in the real world which means that those groups became bigger and there are more similar groups all over the map. They've also become more accepted, and more accepting.

You seem to think that, what, furries are a bunch of chads now lol. Gay dudes always had shredded dudes in their groups it's nothing new. There's plenty of furries or whatever else that are tubby neckbeards.

Also to add, the fringe groups I was a part of 15-20 years ago aren't the same as those I'm a part of now. Back in the day I was into goth fashion and hung out with kids who were into D&D and LARPing. These days I'm into anime and cosplay, 20 years ago there wasn't a single god damn anime club or convention or anything. I didn't even know what anime was even when I was watching dubbed shows on TV.

You gonna be around tomorrow? Working a shift right now and I wanna ask some questions.

nah we're doing christmas early tomorrow because of everyone's work schedules and shit so I won't be on tomorrow but hey it's a slow board so I'll get around to posting here again eventually.

What happened to the 25+ threads or even the 30+ threads?

I kinda take issue with your statement that it's easier to be a part of things now. It's true but I feel like if you're a nearly 30 social retard , you're going to be playing catch-up forever especially since all the new adherents of the fringe fandoms are mostly socially adjusted.

Thats easy. Just stop catching up to whatever bullshit you defined you apparently have to catch up to.

That easy?

Population of 30+ decreases every year.

Fucking hell, are there people who still throw parties at age 30? All my friends just want to go out to quiet neighborhood pubs or w/e/t/h

Ideally 30+ should be getting their shit together
At some point you have to admit people are too old for a hugbox and NEED to start making leaps in their life, need to start making judicious decisions and impactful choices.

They were always mostly socially adjusted, that's what brought them out of their bedrooms in the 90s to hang out with other mostly socially adjusted weirdos.

Everyone should have their shit together at any age.

30+ threads were killed off for being too slow, and you still had 22-27 year olds posting in them regardless except that the 30+ year olds would yell at them to go back to their fortnite nintendo games and childhood nostalgia about watching youtube videos while they'd go off about what it was like growing up without the internet like how grandpa would talk about how they grew up without the television.

>They were always mostly socially adjusted, that's what brought them out of their bedrooms in the 90s to hang out with other mostly socially adjusted weirdos.

But that's basically my point, they *were* socially maladjusted people in the 90s/early 00s, whether they were in their teens, 20s or 30s. Now the socially awkwards are age-appropriately socially awkward and the people in their late 20s and 30s are socially adjusted either due to being in the fandom early enough to be part of groups or are just regular people who've taken a fancy to a fandom.

Maybe I need to move to another place that isn't a major city or something.

Attached: meetups.jpg (960x960, 116K)

25 year old here
fuck you, I waited to post in the 25+ threads, you don't get to raise the limit.

Lol, no sympathy for you. You're a zoomer and you wasted your chance. You only have yourself to blame.

I actually thought this was an Jow Forums 25+ thread, fuck you lol not even one of my 10 top boards
*dabs*

Bump.

hah you guys are fucking old

Turned 27 a few weeks ago, feel like I should be well and truly on the way to living in my own place, stable career, permanent partner, family on the horizon. I have pretty much none of those things, instead signing up for 2nd year of university study which will probably take me other 5 years to complete, while working 30 hours a week and living with my pensioner father.

Have I fucked up?

>Have I fucked up?
More than likely.

Question is what sort of damage control can you do now?

I really only have 2 maybe 3 options, either:

- Quit the study and just stay in my wageslave blue collar job, earning barely enough money to pay a mortgage on a home that is too small for my needs and give up on ever meeting a female.

- Continue with the study, for however long it takes, put up with living at home until I'm 35. Get the qualification and get the high paying white collar job, best chance of meeting a female is at uni (maybe even younger than me for a bonus) or if not earn more money than I can spend, live comfortably (after I pay $30k in student debts)

or

- Wild card, quit everything, sell all my shit, use my savings to move over seas. This is a stupid idea though, there's no reason I would be any better off in any other country.

Is this anyone 27 over or 27 over and fucked up lol. I'm 32 and things aren't too bad for me other than anxiety and the ever constricting feeling that society is designed to break me down.

Spending holidays alone club?
It's a yearly tradition for me.

F.
Hope it's better next year m8
I've done it before and didn't like it.

I quit my wageslave job. I couldn't take the ever-increasing workload and same amount of time we were required to stack the shelves with heavy boxes.

Is IT still taking people?

>- Wild card, quit everything, sell all my shit, use my savings to move over seas. This is a stupid idea though, there's no reason I would be any better off in any other country.

At 30 I feel like I have to take drastic measures, since besides videogames, I've never really lived or enjoyed myself.

Attached: 1519742582115.gif (333x281, 1.67M)

I hope that cat survived.

He was wearing a hardhat after all

Probably not going to improve lol
I have a faulty personality that makes guys uncompatible with me
I'm so used to it at this point
More depressing is that my plant isn't doing well either, was going to at least spend the holidays with it.
Such is life

Not really. I'm married but I still rent, hate my job, and we have no plans for kids in the immediate future. Live in New England for perspective, been waiting for the housing market to crash since fuck paying double what I pay now for a house in a fucking ghetto. Plans right now are to find a job I can tolerate by the end of 2019.
Just take it a step at a time dude. You're not even middle aged, stop setting these retarded deadlines and then killing yourself for not meeting them

Should I just cut my family off once in for all?

I'm 27, I got a good job as engineer, not rich or anything (at least not yet), but with my professional and life experiences, I'm pretty sure at this stage in the game I should be prepared for whatever life throws at me.

That being said, my family has historically been really toxic and insane. Don't want to get into details, but we have a lot of history. I was kicked out at 18, then around 19 I went back home to live for another year and a half, but since then I've lived very, very far away from them.

I've gone back every year for Christmas (mainly to see my siblings, I'm the oldest of 4), but now that everyone is an adult and out of the house I'm asking myself "Why the fuck am I still associating with these people?".

My parents/sister often ask me for money for bills, granted they all just recently paid me back for my most recent loan. I'm usually pretty generous when I go home (buy the meal for everyone when we go out etc.), but there's like an expectation that I'm supposed to buy everyone shit which pisses me off. On top of that, both of my parents still treat me like a child and in general seem to have a negative opinion of me.

(1/2)

I am far more successful than either of them, and much more responsible, but every time I tell them anything they feel the need to undermine me. I guess I'm not trying to brag and be like "Oh look at me and what I've accomplished", but it's more "I've been living completely on my own now for over 6 years, I have a career, I can take care of myself, you don't need to tell me that everything I'm doing is wrong".

Every time I talk to them I'm in a bad mood. Even thinking about them puts me in a rage. I had to get surgery recently, which I'm recovering from right now, and because of it I won't be able to go home for Christmas. The surgery was expensive, so I can't really afford to travel out to see them. I pretty much just told them I couldn't make it this year, and my mom and dad have been freaking out, going as far to track my phone to see where I am.

I'm sorry this is long, but I'm literally confined to a hospital bed right now and absolutely fuming. What y'all think?

(2/2)

Why were you kicked out?

Parties are usually smaller and tight knit. Usually my wife and I only have 10 people max. We invite people who we know will get along with everyone and who will bring food. Our parties usually revolve around dinner and tabletop gaming.

In my 20s, people invited anyone with a pulse. Which meant a lot of fucktards who didn't respect noise levels or property and who may have been underaged and caused the cops to come over.

36 here. I have a shit life and I hate myself

Goodbye.

Honestly man I don't even remember. I think I had been fighting with my mom. Why does it matter? How is that even relevant to what I'm asking. It was literally like 10 years ago. I only said it to demonstrate how long I've been independent.

>Why does it matter?
Being kicked out is no small thing but the fact they want to see you home for christmas, sounds like you left out major details on exactly what your relationship with your parents is like.

Anyone got tips on how to get into IT?

git gud

Your certs are the most important part. Study and get that shit first.

>Is IT still taking people?
Based on the constant recruiting spam I get for it on LinkedIn despite my profile making it obvious it's not something I'm interested in, yes.

Is it still making stupid huge money like it used to? Or has it been brought in line?

I refuse to believe that everyone has problems, or that we're all just humans trying our best, etc. That kind of bullshit advice to make someone like me feel better. The reality is that most people have their shit in line and us losers are the minority. I'm 27 and everyone I've met personally is just cruising through life.

finally moved out of the basement. i want to go back

Everyone has problems, just the scale of them and their tolerance for them will be different.

>The reality is that most people have their shit in line
what fuckin world do you live in

>grandpa would talk about how they grew up without the television.
fuck man, right in the feels

Are you from CT by chance? I need to get out of this shithole and move to New Hampshire. And yeah I'm waiting for the housing market to correct itself too.

Playing fantasy cards with other nerds doesn't make you into a normal person. You may sharpen your social skills some but you're still a round peg and a round peg can't fit into a square hole unless it changes completely who it is which is extremely rare.

I really don't get your perspective, at all.

There are more fandoms today, the fandoms are more popular, there are more people in the fandoms, there are more types of people, the fandoms are easily searchable and joined - everything is just better and more accessible so why do you always see that as a bad thing?

This is me as I'm moving along through my early 30s youtube.com/watch?v=r9B7BQWnZJs

I can't believe what a confidence boost sex is...

>There are more fandoms today, the fandoms are more popular, there are more people in the fandoms, there are more types of people, the fandoms are easily searchable and joined - everything is just better and more accessible so why do you always see that as a bad thing?
It's not a bad thing, it's just that *I* can't really take advantage of it as 30yo socially retarded and isolated fuckwad who was never part of anything to begin with.

>I really don't get your perspective, at all.
My perspective is simple dude and it doesn't really clash with yours. But let me repost an user's post on the topic, it's from Jow Forums but it's sane (there's >no gf part but he uses it to launch his main point). And then you tell me what you can't understand about my perspective.

The repost:
>It really only applies to the geek subculture but I'm sure you can tweak it to apply to other subcultures:

>Ok, it's basically an extension of a theory I laid out in another thread which was about lowering standards/homely gfs and an user mentioned
>tfw no nerdy gf
>and it occured to me that (and it's a pretty REEEEEEEEE thought) geeky/nerdy girls (who aren't super ugly) are now out of older robots reach since 2008 when the normies flooded into geekdom. 2 reasons why this is:

>1.Geeky/Dorky girls are generally into cosplay and cosplay throughout years has improved a lot to the point where facial hygiene, make-up and beauty tips have become part of it, so autist geek girls have learnt how to take care of themselves aesthetically. So we have the ugly duckling situation.

>2.The influx of normies into geekdom have lowered your value as a geek. With the internet, wikipedia and youtube...there are no longer any "fake" geeks and all that geek knowledge and "experience" you have has been made redundant. So you're basically in the same playing field in the geek world as you are in the regular world.

>My extension to this is that older social outcasts have been locked out of geekdom entirely since it's no longer their niche, i.e. the early/core millennials who didn't get into fandom before the mainstream/monoculture swallowed them up and are now longer a part of anything since other subcultures and niches have been absorbed as well.

>So now there's a bunch of socially orphaned "old" losers with no social safety net, no romantic experiences, who may or may not have jobs, without anywhere to belong and with an age starting to play against them.

>The flipside is that now the coming generations will have fewer social outcasts since literally everything is now catered for.

>We got unlucky.

The repost:
>It really only applies to the geek subculture but I'm sure you can tweak it to apply to other subcultures:

>Ok, it's basically an extension of a theory I laid out in another thread which was about lowering standards/homely gfs and an user mentioned
>tfw no nerdy gf
>and it occured to me that (and it's a pretty REEEEEEEEE thought) geeky/nerdy girls (who aren't super ugly) are now out of older robots reach since 2008 when the normies flooded into geekdom. 2 reasons why this is:

>1.Geeky/Dorky girls are generally into cosplay and cosplay throughout years has improved a lot to the point where facial hygiene, make-up and beauty tips have become part of it, so autist geek girls have learnt how to take care of themselves aesthetically. So we have the ugly duckling situation.

>2.The influx of normies into geekdom have lowered your value as a geek. With the internet, wikipedia and youtube...there are no longer any "fake" geeks and all that geek knowledge and "experience" you have has been made redundant. So you're basically in the same playing field in the geek world as you are in the regular world.

>My extension to this is that older social outcasts have been locked out of geekdom entirely since it's no longer their niche, i.e. the early/core millennials who didn't get into fandom before the mainstream/monoculture swallowed them up and are now longer a part of anything since other subcultures and niches have been absorbed as well.

>So now there's a bunch of socially orphaned "old" losers with no social safety net, no romantic experiences, who may or may not have jobs, without anywhere to belong and with an age starting to play against them.

>The flipside is that now the coming generations will have fewer social outcasts since literally everything is now catered for.

>We got unlucky.

>An entire wall of text
>For bitter men to pass the buck, yet again, and somehow make it about throwing women under the bus
>"It's no fair that younger people can enjoy things!"

Y'all did it to yourselves. If you can't stand without a crutch, you'd best make damn sure that crutch is gonna stay. People, fads, hobbies-- everything is subject to transience due to time. It will move, shift, change and evolve as more and different people interact with it. I'll admit I got this lesson very very early in life which put my adult mentality off to a racing start. I'll also admit it fucking sucked and although I wouldn't wish it on anyone (well-- some people maybe), I will say the perspective has been like playing social life with cheats.

If you aren't prepared for that, quit now. The world is rapidly changing, it always has and now that information flows freely, it's going quicker and harder than ever. This isn't new, it isn't exclusively your problem and here's one even worse: when the next set of you encounter this problem you'll be bumped by sheer numbers off as more and more of your type get pissed off and start solving problems with your own hands because you just can't be assed to wait for ~~someone~~ to fix it any longer.
That's when you'll join the rest of us and we're patiently going about making our shit work, even if just temporarily and shoddily.

Attached: 1542678434059.jpg (2048x1152, 145K)

How do I cope with the fact that there appears to be some kind of arbitrary line in the sand concerning age, where people simply begin expecting things from you for no reason other than that you've been around a few years longer? I certainly don't intend to meet their expectations, not my boss, my parents, or anyone else.

>For bitter men to pass the buck, yet again, and somehow make it about throwing women under the bus
First thing, no one's throwing anyone under the bus, it's just an user REEE'ing into the void at the realisation that their value is so much lower than they thought.

>"It's no fair that younger people can enjoy things!"
Man like, what do you want me to do? I've spent the better part of my adolescence and 20s basically alone and isolated with nobody sharing my interests and spending my time looking down at the floor then, having my passion for my interests die in that timeframe. Then out of curiosity look up from my shoes and see that geekdom flourished in my absence.

>Y'all did it to yourselves.
Fuck you. I'm not going to shoulder the entire blame for my predicament. My school, my classmates, my area, my family, my "friends" can share the blame. Oh, I don't doubt that I also caused my own problems, but everything I did was a reaction to where I was growing up.

>yikes
>when the next set of you encounter this problem
Are you a zoomer? Cos there won't be a next set of us.

Attached: 1537444728285.jpg (500x704, 89K)

>There won't be a next set of us
There already are. This board is inundated with 16-20 year olds who are constantly looking for something to blame.

Sure, the school system fucked me. I'd seen more shit by then than most of my teachers, but damned if a single one gave a single shit. But I survived and I learned from it: shittiness is a people thing. Old, young, experienced or not. Doesn't matter.
Sure, my family fucked up. But they had their shit to deal with in their own ways and it's not like any of us were pros at it. But I survived and I learned a lesson: if you let the past define you, you will embody all its worst elements.
>My "friends"
This one I got nothing. If people were shit, I expunged them. I ignored (and honestly insulted) shitty people who always needed to compare to others and told them they were small and unloved, basically. I always figured if I wouldn't look out for myself, who the fuck would? After all-- everyone's got themselves to look after and out for.

It's getting more and more true as I get older. I'm complete shit and life just isn't clicking for me.

You hardly have a unique experience, or one that isn't going to keep happening to people generation after generation.

You need other people to have friends. That much is inarguable, there does seem to be a sort of destiny for certain people in certain places.

Otherwise, you don't (didn't?) need common interests to have friends. Maybe common interests would make better friends, but it isn't necessary. Not everything in your life should pointedly revolve around your interests and your hobbies. But, at the same time, maybe you never had opportunities to make genuine friends, but that is a problem that will persist into the future. Friend groups have a maximum size, there will always be people left on the side. You can't just join geeky facebook fandom and expect to be anyone's friend. It'll either have a core group of people with their orbiters or it'll just be a void people with common interests shout into with no real interaction. Or both. And, of course, randomly through no discernible way, some people will find friends in said groups. But it'll always be mostly random; past, present, and future.

Friends are overrated anyways. What do you need them for? Fulfillment? Happiness? Purpose? You shouldn't rely on others for any of those. If a friend comes along, go with it, but to so painfully depend on others? No one should.

26 y/o here. Close enough for yall? Lost 5 years to being stuck in bed from 17-22 years old. Just about to get my bachelors! Catching up kind of to most of my friends, but that is life. Soon I will pass them though as none went to grad school.

So awkward being 26 around a bunch of 20-year-olds at university. Amazing how much you age in 5 years.

How are you all this holidays?

>To painfully depend on others?
>No one should.
Thank you for truncating my every wall of text into a sweetly summarized note.
This right here, ladies and gents. If you need it that bad, you're only damning yourselves.

>28
>social anxiety
>depression since my mid teens, off meds since i was 20
>anxiety prevented me from pursuing optional networking opportunities at uni
>becoming overweight
>pretty much cut off contact with all my old friends
>social anxiety preventing me from making new ones.
>only offline social interaction is with work colleagues.
>friendly enough, i just fake my way through it
>work is the only thing preventing me from going into a depressive spiral where all i do is eat/sleep all day
>lonely, social anxiety is stopping me from putting myself out there for potential relationships
>something I haven't had since my early 20s.
>wouldn't last anyway, not in my current state of mind, plus i wouldn't wish dealing with a depressed partner on anyone.
>too anxious to make a dr appointment to even get back on meds to try and deal with my depression.
>all my social needs are currently being met through Jow Forums, twitch and youtube reaction videos.

Merry Christmas

Just ignore them. You're always going to get shit from people, but they don't know you really. Life isn't all about ticking the boxes; which seems to be the way most people live their life.

>This board is inundated with 16-20 year olds who are constantly looking for something to blame.
I'm sure the vast, vast majority of those idiots will eventually overcome most of their issues through either the issue resolving itself or them applying a little effort. They're ALSO at an age where people are a lot more forgiving of their faults and have no major expectations of them.

Me and the other 30+ anons on the other hand are
>a bunch of socially orphaned "old" losers with no social safety net, no romantic experiences, who may or may not have jobs, without anywhere to belong and with an age starting to play against them.

>To painfully depend on others?
>No one should.

Ah right humans aren't social creatures.

Attached: A lifetime.png (1640x363, 40K)

How do you find a gf as an almost wizard with no prior experience with women and the only place you have human contact with is an all-male workplace where everybody does their work and go home?

Attached: iQFEGeR.jpg (1280x1917, 570K)

Would it be advisable to take a cool friend to boardgame meetup? I don't want to go to one alone, he's literally my only friend but he could easily overshadow me anywhere.

Here's how I got into dating. I haven't got a proper, long relationship yet but I lost my wizard ticket and have gotten into dating, so take that as you will. Also, nothing is a one size fits all solution, obviously, but some of this should help:

-Started off skinnyfat, virgin 26 y/o, with a dead end desk job.
-Joined kickboxing dojo near me and a gym with a swimming pool near my workplace.
-In other words, instead of lifting weights or doing regular cardio which are both fucking boring and painful, I started fitness with things that I actually found enjoyable or meditative.
-Fixed up my eating habits considerably. Kicked excess fats and sugars, etc. Stopped sodas entirely.
-I worked graveyard shifts but I tried to always get as many proper night-time sleeping as possible on my days off.
-Reduced caffeine intake to ~3 times per week, only for work.
-Began to branch out and slowly start doing weights and extra body-strength exercises. (I say extra because part of each kickboxing class I have is 15 minutes of strength training.)
-Reduce porn/masturbation to once a week at most. Don't bother trying to kick it, it really isn't necessary and it's a huge mental demand.
-Joined meetup.com and attended stuff to meet new people.
-Asked old and new people on my facebook to hang out 1-on-1 or to invite me to events/parties if they have anything going.
-Began asking girls on facebook to hang out.
-Some while later, I began asking girls on dates instead of hanging out, cause let's face it, that's what I actually wanted.
-Realized networking is too fucking slow so I joined dating apps and started brute forcing for dates. That's the biggest source of my dates so far and it's how I got laid. Sad but true.

Overall, moral of the story I guess is to get fit. Starting martial arts was the best decision I've ever made, it inspired me and gave me the mental clarity to pursue further self improvement.

Attached: elmer fudd jizzed on.jpg (512x512, 115K)

If you're looking to get laid, it's never advisable to be with someone cooler than you, nibba.

If you are trying to learn how to be cool, then sure.

Ah fuck. Literally my only mate and his effortless coolness is very grating for me.

>Realized networking is too fucking slow so I joined dating apps and started brute forcing for dates. That's the biggest source of my dates so far and it's how I got laid. Sad but true.
I guess the moment to network has passed us by huh?

I think I can do the Jow Forums thing first. Not martial arts though. Too many people. Maybe just weight training at home.

Attached: 1543602734440.jpg (1638x2048, 472K)

What advice do you have for someone younger than you? I'm 24 and it feels like the older I get the harder it is to "figure things out" and to decide what I actually want from life.

@20382359
>Not even 25
Every fucking time. Just fuck off.

So being young disqualifies me from asking for advice? Just how bitter are you?

@20382367
>So being young disqualifies me from asking for advice?
This thread is one of the few that caters to older anons, why are you so selfish that you can barge into one?

>I guess the moment to network has passed us by huh?

That's not how it is at all. It's just that networking these days is more about friendships and connections than it is about dating, and you'll run into a sheeeeeiiiiiitttt load of women who you try to flirt up and find out they are taken or "hurf durf im not looking to date right now user :3".

By the looks of it, you're not the personality type for it, either. Neither am I, so fuck it.

>Not martial arts though. Too many people. Maybe just weight training at home.

Just do it, man. It's such an EXCELLENT entry point into fitness. The kickboxing I do really engages and touches upon a large amount of my muscles. You simply can't beat that as an amateur body-strength / weight lifter at home. You'll also get that pressure to do it and not slack off, whereas having to discipline yourself on your own, in the comfort of your house is a massively tall order.

Kickboxing turned my skinny fat, ugly dad-body ass around into a slim-again dude in less than 3 months. Then I began bulking up, slowly and stupidly, but I figured it out and my sensei gave a lot of helpful tips regarding that.

Realize that you don't have ADHD. Some of us prefer to do a number of different things and not be bogged down with one specific career or a single hobby. Don't be afraid to let your ego bloat a little and consider yourself some kind of a cool "Jack of All" big dick gangster. Also, Nike had it right all along. Just do it. Whatever it is. Just fucking do it, don't even worry about it, just do it. Unless it's illegal or counter productive. Then don't do it. You know what I mean, fuck.

>ickboxing turned my skinny fat, ugly dad-body ass around into a slim-again dude in less than 3 months. Then I began bulking up, slowly and stupidly, but I figured it out and my sensei gave a lot of helpful tips regarding that.
I'll think about it. The presence of others evaluating my performance fills me with dread even if it's all in my head.

>Joined meetup.com and attended stuff to meet new people.
What did you join?

My thread got a perfectly placed christmas hat. In the catalog.

this is absolutely impossible to do and continue functioning in society

my boss expects more from me than I'm willing to give and to climb the corporate ladder
it's not happening and never will
my parents expect me to bring home a roastie to marry and impregnate
literally everyone expects something of me and it's beginning to color their interactions with me and I'm stuck in a state of painful limbo with no means of escape

And if it wasn't about getting laid? Would bringing him still be a detriment? I mean, I do at least want a female friend.

I decided on jan 1st I'm going to sign up for every dating site I can find.

I need perspective on this so hear me out,
about a year ago I landed a job opportunity in another city, so i had to move out
from my parent house for the first time ever at age 27.
This city is huge and it takes you literal hours to get anywhere, luckily enough for me,
i managed to find a place that is walking distance to my work, so I don't have to spend hours
everyday commuting.
The job itself is in a tech startup, so is a really small company, about 8 people right now, but it
started with 5, including me, early this year. And as any startup, there are many projects to juggle between,
when I started I just handled a couple at the time, but right now I'm moving between 3 to 4 projects at the same time
while being schduled to plenty more as soon as I'm done, and that really burns me out really fast.
The pay itself, is pretty bad for someone with my experience, but i accepted the gig because i was kind of looking
for an excuse to move out from my parents' and jobs in my field in the previous city were scarce anyway.
Money is not really a problem at the moment, the only debt I've got is the rent for the place I'm living at,
the contract for that ends in a year, I share the appartment with a couple of people and they relay on me for the contract
since neither of them earn enough to rent it by themselves.
Now the problem itself, I feel i'm wasting my time at my current job, i feel that I have too many responsabilities
and the pay isn't enough to justify that.

Continue...

I'm completing a full year in less than two months, and I was thinking of either quitting or asking for a raise when the times comes.
The thing is, even if I ask for a raise and get it, i feel that they (the company) relay too much on me,
and I don't really like that pressure over me at all times.
In the other hand, if I quit, I don't know how long it would take me to find another job, and even then,
i don't know if i would end somewhere worse and also it could mean that I had to commute everyday and waste time doing so.
At my age, i feel I should go for something stable instead of taking risks, but if I don't take risk i could end up
working a dead end job for the rest of my life.

what to do?

the thing that helped me meet women the most was having male friends
partially because you can meet people through them and partially because when women inevitably walk out of your life you have a solid social foundation to fall back on
i got lucky and met probably the best friend ive ever had at work when i was 26, then met other people through him and other friends that he had
if we go out to bars its so much easier to talk to women because they see that youre there with people instead of by yourself, so they have some sort of social proof that they can be comfortable with you
i cant tell you how to make friends, for me it was dumb shit luck, but thats whats helped for me

None of those things are true. You write this big manifesto about how normies stole your culture & somehow real geeks don't exist anymore and yet I know you've also written that you absolutely refuse to go to any of these places and events so how could you possibly know who is there and what the people there are like?

You sound like the guy who complains that he can't get a gf when he hasn't asked a girl out in over 5 years.

Millions others think that as well. Dating Sites have a surge around new years.

Don't know if that's good or bad for you. Mostly bad because more than usual hopeless losers like you will be around then. And more desperate roasties with two+ negro kids.

>being over the age of 27
>still saying "roastie"

ouch

or kill themselves
30+ probably killed themselves by now

Not him, but I've gone to many of these events and while the people there are generally inviting, you can tell by their speech patterns and body language that they're not our kind. They're normal, and well-adjusted. They fit into society. They have an education. They're articulate and natural at communicating with not just eachother, but with people and in public in general.

We're not nerds to them. We're just old grognards.

>they're not our kind. They're normal, and well-adjusted

So maybe you should re-adjust your perspective. They're not the problem, you make it sound like because they learned to make eye contact while talking that it's somehow a bad thing. Your attitude is the problem, case in point:

>We're not nerds to them. We're just old grognards.

You're projecting this random insecurity, like a MtG open tournament at a game store on a friday evening is akin to trying to get into a super-exclusive nightclub - and if you're not a mumbling shoe-gazer autist who's barely able to string two sentences together then you're somehow the other extreme of a super cool cool guy who is just so cool even though he's playing D&D or whatever else which is is still one of the most uncool things ever.

Like I said, if I or anyone else that you see in these game stores and clubs and whatever else were so fucking cool and normal we wouldn't be doing this. We'd be out dancing to reggaeton with fine-ass bitches or at home with our wife and kids.

In short: you can be a social misfit without having to be a complete social-skills train crash who also hasn't taken a bath in two months. Some nerds are more good-looking or more charismatic than others: that doesn't make them bad people or judgemental towards you necessarily and it doesn't them make them any less of a nerd than anyone who plays with them.

Attached: 958.jpg (698x389, 30K)

My problem is I'm 28 and I'm not in a great lot in life but holy shit-- I'd have to have lost fucking everything in less than two hours to be desperate enough to need a fucking circlejerk of sadbois to make me feel better.

Nothing is more pathetic than an adult who REQUIRES others to function. If you can't stand on your own two feet you're not an adult and you're not gonna get treated like one.
(Disclaimer: does not apply to people w/o use of legs/feet)

>Nothing is more pathetic than an adult who REQUIRES others to function. If you can't stand on your own two feet you're not an adult and you're not gonna get treated like one.

Depends on what you mean by "function" but we as humans are social animals. We simple are happier and mentally more sound and sharp when we have a group of people that we can meaningfully interact with everyday. What's not normal is being holed up in one's bedroom or perhaps parents' basement and spending one's time getting mad at other anonymous losers on the internet.

Gosh, with such a winning attitude, who WOULDN'T want your dick in them? Even my anus is puckering in anticipation of the point you turn flaccid out of self-loathing and fall backwards on the bed trying not to cry.

Shit, man, you can yell and batter at me on the internet all you want and it won't change shit. I could go back and forth and tell you my story and it wouldn't change shit. The worst part is, it's just gonna make you look the way we all suspect you are: pessimistic, antagonistic, unaccountable and sensationalist.

Exercise harder, diet harder, and learn to live on your own because death comes for everyone and nobody will be in your life forever-- nor you in theirs. If that truth of life bugs you so much, you're gonna wanna get off Mr. Life's Wild Ride right now, because it never fucking ends.

Good luck, man. I don't agree with your shit in the least but holy fuck, you're gonna need SOMETHING because god-DAMN you are leaving that bill unpaid.

I mean, if they were just suffering maybe. Them trying to normalize and justify it instead of working at it.
It's the assumption that nobody else suffers or had to work through suffering. They tend to be typically lazy, apathetic people anyway and it's like, what are you expecting? If you don't fix it, who will? God? Dr. Phil? Be real. You're stuck in reality, right? So it's not like we can deny the truth like that.

The statement 'everyone suffers' doesn't mean your shit doesn't stink and you shouldn't care. It means everyone's shit stinks, and some peoples' stinks a little less sure, but some peoples' stinks so much more. Like so much more. And while that doesn't negate your troubles, it does make you need to ask questions like: do I have to think about whether or not I'll have food to eat tonight? Will I have somewhere to sleep? In this way, your troubles are meant to seem approachable. It's not impossible to overcome them.
It's meant to give you perspective. If you've already got questions like this answered, you're off to a solid start. If you've got even more answered, that's an even better start.

Yes, life's hit you with disadvantages but it's not like a full roster. You have advantages in your corner and it's your own fault if you don't make the most of them, is that so unreasonable to say?

You misunderstand. They're normal. They're good people. We are not.
They're the nerds. We're grognards.

>They're good people. We are not.
> They're the nerds. We're grognards.

>We

Yeah speak for yourself. I made the effort to reach out and socialize with people who share my interests and yes it was always nerve-wracking at first but god damn I am not about to sit down at my computer and feel sorry for myself and delude myself into thinking that a bunch of tabletop RPG nerds are too cool for me because of what exactly.

Maybe if you spent less time on Jow Forums, and more time playing games IRL, you wouldn't see yourself as a bad person and whatever else.

yeah for real lmao

I can't think like them. I cant look at a newfag and not want them gone. I cant not be elitist. I cant not hate people from tumblr and I can't not recoil in disgust when people tell me to watch my language. And I cant not feel RIGHT about this stuff. I dont have patience for mediocrity. I dont have sympathy for the autistics, furries, or LGBT and actively revel in their exclusion. I, and I strongly believe most people here, simply cannot think on the same plane as those people. They're not like us. Or they'd be here.