How the fuck does someone find a job? I've applied to 100 places...

How the fuck does someone find a job? I've applied to 100 places, from fucking factory worker to sales rep to business analyst. Every job opening has hundreds of applicants!

Attached: questions-ask-hiring-manager.jpg (561x293, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askamanager.org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you smile and give the manager a firm handshake? Remember snowflake, you're not entitled to anything. That includes jobs.

What manager? Resumes go to a machine that reads them. I never get a chance to give someone a handshake.

>I've applied to 100 places

No you didn't.

Anyway I got my job because I produced something of value and that lead to people wanting to hire me to produce things of value for them.

What every recruiter or manager wants to hear in an interview
>I'm here to make your job easier
>I'm never going to hide behind my job description
>I'm going to do what makes sense
>I'm going to be honest
>I'm going to make sure that everybody I work with has a pleasant experience
>I'm a problem solver
>I can learn on the job
>And anything I don't know, I'm going to work as hard as I can to learn it
>I want you to succeed and I know that's what's best for me too
>I want to go home at night feeling that I did something useful and that my co-workers are glad I showed up
Godspeed, user.

Attached: 1487635182421.png (3340x3176, 205K)

That's a good line. I'm going to use that at some point during my search.

Where do you live? What do you do?

Indianapolis. Just finished my Masters in Physics.

>tfw will find out if i get to keep neetbux today

Attached: 1549720380120.png (688x578, 32K)

>I'm holding out for a management position.
Just flip burgers for a while, asshole. We've all done it. If you're committed, you will be promoted. If you are promoted, you can put it on a resume.

>says the literal janitor at mcdonalds

>Just finished my Masters in Physics.
Teach as a part-timer for a while at a JC.

You should just learn to code, bro!

This is a genuinely good post thanks

Anyway, that's because you live in Indianapolis. Good luck finding an entry position outside of NYC, DC, or Cali. Maybe Chicago or Raleigh.

I'd recommend applying for jobs elsewhere.

I got into my industry by pure networking. Any other answer is wrong

Tell them you will work for free for a few days. Even if you really will not, it shows initiative and a real desire to work. Will work for you 9/10 times

What city are u in? I may be able to get u an in person interview. I have 40+ offices across the us.

Lying works too id suppose.

user if you've applied to 100 places and still haven't had an interview then your application must be total shit

Also, just alter your CV so it matches the job description and if you get an interview don't be autistic

You don't just fax a resume and call it good. You keep calling and bugging them. Demonstrate that you want it. There are millions of complacent assholes applying for work, but only a few that really do what it takes to stand out. Those that stand out are who they hire.

Yeah that is bullshit. Factories and super markets are hiring all the time due to high turn over since they are shit low paying jobs nobody wants to do for long.
It's the cushy office jobs that see lots of competition.

((((((((((NEPOTISIM))))))))))

Programmer actually, stay mad ahmed

> you aren't entitled to anything
> world is entitled to your labor by no choice of your own.

>Indianapolis
chemist maybe, but youre shit out of luck for physics in indiana

I've NEVER heard of this working. Like just fucking never. It's garbage boomer tier advice.

I'm gonna go make a flow chart.

>How the fuck does someone find a job?

be dumb enough to submit to the AI's mind control.

They are trying to maximize their utility function, and they have ALL agreed that dumbing down humanity so that they are easier to mind control is the "Best" way to accomplish their goals.

get a CDL user, you have to pay your dues the first year making only 40k+, but once you have that year in you can jump into 100k year 2 and 125k year 3. Also you dont have to live with fake fucking Smollet style libtards in the office

> world is entitled to your labor by no choice of your own.

thats an interesting thought. while the world is in no way entitled to your labor, you have to do some work in order to be able to survive. be it working in an office and buying food and shelter with the money you get paid, or by living innawoods and surviving on your own, which also requires you to perform labor (hunting & building a shelter).

but if you view it from a non-biological point, you did not chose to be born into this world. so rather than you it actually should be your parents who provide for you, since they decided they wanted to have a child.

>I'm here to make your job easier
Just leave me alone and it'll get done.
I forgot what my job was 2 weeks in, I just do what I'm asked as long as it's not a safety hazard
>I'm going to do what makes sense
Fuck your rules, I'll do it the right way
>I'm going to be honest
I'm gonna bitch about not being paid enough
>I'm going to make sure that everybody I work with has a pleasant experience
I'm charismatic despite myself. Please keep people away from me so that they don't find out.
>I'm a problem solver
I remember how to solve problems if I'm shown once or thrice.
>I can learn on the job
I'm not retarded
>And anything I don't know, I'm going to work as hard as I can to learn it
I want you to leave me the fuck alone, so I', going to get competent, fast.
>I want you to succeed and I know that's what's best for me too
If you give me stocks, I'll be invested.
>I want to go home at night feeling that I did something useful and that my co-workers are glad I showed up
I want to go home at night

How'd I do? I got the job?

its not what you know.
its who you know.

i was once was offered a job at a 7-11 by merely placing the UPC up for the cashier. i saw that the cashier, an older gentleman, at a 7-11 near a college was frustrated by the long line of entitled college kids. they threw their shit on the counter in piles so that the cashier would have to take time out to sort through and scan their junk food. so i placed my items on the counter with the UPC code up to make it easy for him to scan. he looked up at me and said "do you need a job?" which i politely said no but thanks for the offer.

Most companies these days dont include an email address for hiring managers, and send all emails to you from NO REPLY emails

Know people.

Most jobs are never advertised.

Whatever it is you do, build a portfolio of shit you've done.

Free shit counts as well. You volunteer somewhere? You built something cool?

You need an irl network bud. Strangers very rarely get hired.

Are you volunteering? What past experience do you have?
If 100 different people didn't think you were good enough, maybe the problem is with you and not them.
Fix your resume, write a good cover letter, make yourself stand out.
No office experience? Tons of cultural centres or non profits need volunteer office assistants.
Apply to less places and out some effort into your application.

>Most jobs are never advertised.
This is a big one i hear seek charges hundreds a week

How do you get to know someone if you're a literal social anxiety prone restarted?

>fax a resume
Found the boomer

When will wagies learn?
The system is against you, you're a slave.
Either take the neetpill or forever be a wageslave and never retire, your choice.

Attached: gv7lc6ojob421.jpg (640x457, 44K)

>volunteering
My time is valuable i'd sooner lie than work for free

Attached: 1434237937601s.jpg (250x188, 8K)

Wagecucks get bred out in AI takeover.
Good riddance.

Make your own job or die out.

Attached: Drawing1.jpg (1091x1352, 70K)

>How the fuck does someone find a job? I've applied to 100 places, from fucking factory worker to sales rep to business analyst. Every job opening has hundreds of applicants!

I feel you fren. I had a bad time getting my current job; it took about 8 months, and before that it took more than a year.

I have a theory: most of these job-applications are *NOT* being flooded w/ hundreds of applicants (though some undoubtedly are), but rather are fake-postings for more H1Bs, or illegals, or data-harvesting.

My first job was at Wal-Mart when I was 16. I can't even remember how I got it but if a 16 year old can get hired on to work chill in the garden department for 5 hours each day I am sure you can get a job if you tried. I have come a long way since then and the only advice I can give it to tailor your resume to each job and always submit a cover letter.

You have to start from the bottom. If you have little experience or a very generic bachelors you won't be recognized. Get 6 months of experience and then start looking for better jobs.

Not appreciating the value of delayed gratification is a sign of low IQ.
You'd rather waste your time being unemployed then making yourself more attractive to employers.

>calls somebody low IQ for not wanting to be a wageslave for greedy psychopaths
>doesn't know the difference between there and their
Looks like you're the low IQ one

Guess you were dumb enough to tell the truth in your resume.
Lie about everything.

Read the job description. Use the words in there in writing your own resume. The machine scanning will look for those key words and give you a better shot at it. Try this website for some insight as well; askamanager.org
Good luck to you.

I can defer gratification.But when lying gets you the job and even better basically guarantees a job why not?There are more people than jobs.Can we all volunteer to get office jobs?

>Not appreciating the value of delayed gratification is a sign of low IQ.
The problem isn't the inability to value delayed gratification, it's the endless stringing along:

Proverbs 25:14 -- Like clouds and wind without rain is one who boasts of gifts never given.
Proverbs 17:22 --
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
Proverbs 13:12 --
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

>i've applied to 100 places
>every job opening has hundreds of applicants

Math is not your strong side.

???

The reason why every job opening has so many applicants is because each and every faggot like you applies to many jobs at once.

You should apply to as many listings as possible because all these job boards charge the company money every time someone applies via their listing.

just think about how getting a job for the kids literally being born RIGHT NOW is going to be.
>absolutely impossible

>applying through online portals with maybe a 1 in 20 chance of getting a reply

You dumb fuck, have you worked all of your contacts\network? You need an in or a referral, most jobs are not filled by online bullshit.

The boomers are right, start knocking on doors and shaking hands.

There are many good suggestions in this thread, but these are the key, You need to ask friends if they have openings in their companies or look at job postings for companies where your friends work.

Every adult job I've had was through a referral.

they deliberately make it hard to get a job so when you do get one you can't be bothered moving on in any hurry because it was such a pain to get the one you got

>recruiter or manager
they're often just scum that give jobs to people that don't make them feel inferior

itt: uni fag finally discovers rl isn't hug circle

Attached: 1509143662411.gif (500x284, 929K)

If you have a masters in physics and can't find a job, you're being too selective. I'm guessing you've tied yourself down to a specific geographic area you don't want to leave.

just go work for your dad's company?

Lean how to write machine learning algorithms and you’ll find a job it no time.