What does pol think about Orthodoxy?

And please, Christians or Christian respecters only. No "jew on a stick" comments or the like please, thank you.

I went to vespers at a small Orthodox church today and there was a class afterward about the general history, iconography, etc. I liked it. I seem to need something deeper and perhaps more sincere than the Evangelical church I had been attending for the last two years. I plan on going back on Sunday. Very small, warm, and welcoming. But not sales-y at all.

Attached: GMEOTA-MUGS-1024x529.png (1024x529, 766K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A1N5nycWTrQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_NO1kfwf6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its hell good ay dazza

jew on a stick, only stick is of slightly better quality

You are banned for a rules violation.

AMA

Do you go regularly? What is your church community like? What is the experience of a liturgy/service like for you? What do you like best about it?

Also, what are the main theological differences between Orthodoxy and Catholicism. Gotta be honest I crave something much more traditional, but I can't get it out of my head when I go to a Catholic church that the priest is either a child fucker or covering up for child fuckers.

I got NO such sense of ANYTHING like that at this Orthodox church. The priest was young-ish and his kids and wife were fussing about the church during the service.

I go because my whole family goes (with brothers), i don't pay attention to the others very much. Used to not wanting to go very much but now that i understand more about the liturgy i like it and if i skip a sunday i feel bad. Spirituality aside, when i think that i'm participating in a ceremony that've been going on unchanged for 1000 years i feel awe.

thx. and bump.

I don't know much about the differences with Catholics except the known stuff (filioque etc) but we are quite different in practice. They seem to sing more in their churches instead of chanting, they also have a different feeling in their worship, very bright colours and big churches while ours are smaller and with iconographies all over, plus canldes and incense. I also think they don't have monasteries like us which is pretty important for Orthodox.

Kike on a stixxhexenhammer666

listen to the kike kids

For example next week we'll start hearing this chant in the servises which is from the 7th century when Constantinople was saved by a tornado from a foreign raid. In these lands we never stopped chanting it ever since.
youtube.com/watch?v=A1N5nycWTrQ

Very much based, good family values and parents are based as fuck.

The Orthodox church is the OG church that didn't really change that much in 2000 years.It's not really one church, it is a group of loosely connected communities. The Catholic church invented a bunch of new stuff, dogmatic and tehnical and was very centralized. The Orthodox church spread by peacefull conversion and didn't really have a plan for global dominance and control over the population from one central point. The Vatican is not so much different from the Islamic doctrine of conquer and forcefull conversion and submision of all the known world. Orthodox communities have services in their own languages which they of cource understand and can get into. Catholics still use only Latin because God only speaks Latin and all other languages are not worthy or something. Not to mention the inquisition and stuff like that.

In short:
Orthodox- Independent, cooperating nation-states that act as a comitee
Catholic-New World Order stlye, one government, one religion, one pope, one language

Cucked, weird, & gay

>What does pol think about Orthodoxy?
Sounds OK to me, but fuck Catholics - and fuck the pope.

definitely not white.

Thank you for this. It fits my gut feeling and basic observations. I'm tentatively quite hopeful I may have found a new church home. I'd been thinking about Orthodoxy for a while. I could feel the Holy Spirit in my other church but the community was a look weird. Like everyone was pretending to be these great pure people but some behavior was off. Just came off as fake after a while. Still really great music though.

The one I found split off from a Russian Orthodox congregation in the 1970s because they preferred to be a bit more outward facing and have services in English and serve not just the Russian community in my town. And the name is a normal sounding American church name but with "Orthodox" in the title. It's the only one like it in my town. All others are "Serbian Orthodox...", "Greek Orthodox".... I don't mind a little cultural influence but I don't want to be joining an ethnic community's church. I'd feel out of place and like I was intruding. I also like the idea of a smaller church with one service. Do you attend a Serbian Orthodox Church? Are most churches in Serbia Orthodox?

I was wanting something more traditional and was considering Catholic, went to the main Catholic church here last sunday, but now with this possible Orthodox option I won't be forced to explain why I converted to a religion of child molesters. Feels good man.

Dunno about Orthodox but I've been feeling pretty bad about not going to church period in about a month now. I was going to a small Evangelical church around the corner from my house, and things were cool there, I like the pastor and the other guys in Bible study, but for some reason I fell out of sync with that congregation and I've had a really hard time going back, despite texts and stuff from people asking where I've been. Partly it has to do with my weird aversion to forming personal relationships with other people. I've been a loner ever since I got out of the Army, and it felt like the ppl at church were trying to get inside my personal bubble too quickly or something idk.
I like church, and I want to find my congregation but I have no idea where to go.

Attached: 51014023_2250588568305534_9077708912500670464_n.jpg (849x960, 52K)

“You are banned for posting on an anonymous mouse trapping board.”

they seem fine, we might have different views on things but they're okay for me

catholicism is dying and the pope is a traitor but there are a few good traditional catholics user

Attached: home.jpg (1600x893, 732K)

Very traditional, not focused on philosophy as much as Catholics or on community like the reformed denominations.
Very much entered around doing the right thing and believing God will help you through tough times.

No bullshit about original sin or fear of punishment.
Sins in general aren't pushed too hard and God will forgive any who realize they did wrong choose to repent.
No kneeling or extreme gestures of faith either, except when you gotta kiss a cross or two.

Orthodox traditions are also very warm and seek inner peace.
Overall the best Christian denomination.

I literally just googled "orthodox church (my town)" and there was a list of a few. I picked the one that sounded most Americanized/English speaking. It's only like ten minutes from my house.

If a church is too needy I learned that it wigs me out. The priest yesterday was like "well, if you make it through three services, let's talk more". I actually kind of liked that. I feel the Evangelical thing can be a little too "needy" if that makes sense. Orthodox might suit your personality.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_NO1kfwf6k
Well well well. What do we have here?
Russian influence...

>"well, if you make it through three services, let's talk more"

Remember when Jesus told his disciples that maybe in a few days he would teach and heal them if they REALLY proved their worth?

Neither do I.

It's church, ALL ARE WELCOME.
You open the doors and welcome any downtrodden sonuvagun that walks through and treat them with the same love Christ has for them if they're looking to join the church or just got lost and are asking for directions.

This is what ultimately saddens me with Orthodoxy, they have this gatekeeper mentality and suspicion about people wanting to become cathechumen.

It wasn't like you describe at all and I would discourage you from seeking to come to negative conclusions. My point is that they weren't giving off that sticky gooey vibe that other churches sometimes give off. The priest could not have been more welcoming. At no point did I feel that I wasn't welcome or there wouldn't be an opportunity to connect. And, I was paraphrasing. he suggested I come to the 9 am service and invited me to come a few minutes early to settle in. He suggested I not worry too much about the liturgy and formalities and fitting in, but for the first two or three services just relax and soak up the atmosphere. He couldn't have been more open and welcoming, and that is what impressed me.

You are completely projecting here and I wish you wouldn't. Don't spread negativity.

Different Churches suit different personality types perhaps.

Serious question: from a theological perspective, what is the difference between Orthodox and Protestant?
>t. Sola Scriptura Christian who thinks denominational differences are pointless and anti-Biblical

Attached: Christ haloed.jpg (467x582, 35K)

Orthodoxy is the free for all Greeks psychiatry/psychotherapy. They perform consulting services to many people.
The wedding mystery & the baptism is a beautiful ceremony, with many symbolisms and mystisism (crowning, dancing). Most priests are now very modern in their ways, not backwards at all.
Orthodoxy believes in the Triad, The father the son and the holy spitrit, while the catholics think that making the holy spirit a standalone power is polytheism thus heresy.

The main power struggle that led to the schism of the Christian Church to west/east was the rejection of the Pope. Who would have the control.