U.S. healthcare spending to rise 5.5% per annum over next decade

What is America's plan to slow this growth down?
50 years from now half of the US economy is Healthcare and the other half will be lobbyists for Big Pharma at this pace.

Attached: ss.png (665x499, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonexaminer.com/news/rural-hospitals-face-widespread-closures
chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-state-cant-stop-westlake-closure-20190219-story,amp.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wow you’re retarded

isn't this increase mostly about aging boomers?

America has a fucking TON of boomers
They're all getting old and need more healthcare spending.

Also, America has a TON of poor minorities. Most of them get it too. Soon, the white man's money will run out

This is what the pharma and insurance lobby want to make you believe.

There are countries with a more rapidly increasing aging population that don't have this cost explosion.

Good thing America saved up and didn't cut taxes for the rich.

Attached: basedbill3.jpg (1840x1549, 426K)

gotta love big pharma and the private sector

>maybe everyone should just file for bankruptcy preemptively, just to get it over with? kek

Attached: Screenshot_20190221-053006.jpg (1078x2345, 1.01M)

Not really. Growth was much higher on a percentage in the Bush era. If it was mostly boomers, you'd expect an even higher growth.

It's still insane though. 20% of the economy is pills, docters and healthcare insurance in 2027

Attached: US_healthcare_cost_panel_v1.png (1347x755, 189K)

obamacare slowed the growth, that was the whole point, but right wing retards lost their fucking minds over it

Our demographics are way worse with a median age that is 15 years higher, yet they are paying 50% in health care per capita than we are.

it's actually 9%

and u have much better healthcare

Attached: trump voter scooting to polls.webm (854x480, 1.17M)

Further proof that the solution is a forced government monopoly on healthcare

Attached: 1514351079639.png (403x448, 53K)

>cuts off at 2014-15
It's 2019, fren.

>20% of the economy
and it's 30% of the federal budget. which means in about 8 years it will consume the entire federal budget.

Pretty much, yes. A failed market needs state intervention.

the market is failing because of government intervention, subsidization and protection of fraudulent and monopolist practices you idiot

He's being sarcastic. Our healthcare system is heavily controlled by the government. Medical and pharma lobbies are the 2 strongest lobbies in the US. Who do you think pushed for ACA and paid for Obama's campaigns?

More talking points straight from the insurance lobby's handbook lmao.

>The US government pissing away more and more tax dollars on "free healthcare" is proof of a failed market
Agreed.

Attached: 1507740455185.png (485x443, 22K)

The insurance company wants you to know it teamed up with big pharma to use government intervention to guarantee its profits?

Just barely over inflation and with population growth considered this becomes a non story.

Well it's double speak, not even the good stuff, contradicts itself by lcaiming it's heavily regulated and medical and pharma are in charge.

It's one or the other.

that's exactly what i said moron. they LOBBY the government to do get what they want. are you stupid?

>tfw the NHS is cheaper and is in a better condition

Attached: 984ce696b1107ed39fb31884730431a80bef0f828268c8a59bd5ce2981.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

Every public health care system in every major country on this planet is between 50-100% cheaper than the current American system. Of course healthcare would increase the federal budget but private expenditure of health care would ultimately drop to zero. You guys are paying 17% of your GDP while we are paying 11%. The truth is that everyone with knowledge beyond basic economics knows that market failure exists and health care is a sector that is prone to market failure.

Its regulated in favor of profits. Regulation doesn't mean the corporations are losing money especially when the fed now guarantees that people have to use your products.

the government is already intervening on behalf of the insurance and healthcare corporations. you're already getting exactly what you want. i want arrests.

all mutts know how to do is regurgitate what corporations program them to believe

Yes, they lobby for deregulation in areas that limit their monopolist position Iike anti-trust laws and lobby for regulation in areas where they strengthen them like more competitive legislation.

Not only are healthcare costs much lower in other developed nations, but we also have 100% of the population covered and have a higher life expectancy.

There's something seriously wrong with the American healthcare system.

Attached: 7ZQRfkVPymMJa8YWG-SBqH86hAqCOarJV50hfHS1PLI.png (864x1038, 549K)

yeah but you also don't have 50% non-white populations

Do your doctors drive ferraris?

They do not, they drive Volvo's.

Have you considered that those countries have a healthier population?
I'll be willing to have public healthcare on the condition that your coverage be a factor of your overall health choices in life.
>40% bf land whale with diabetes and not following your doctor's recommendations?
You pay for your care 100% out of pocket
>healthy individual that got dealt a bad hand in the form of cancer
Full coverage

I'm not gonna subsidize the 30+% of this country that is obese. Let them die.

Another insurance lobby talking point. Keep them coming boys. Tell the white working class that it is above the black working class and he will help you rob them both. The oldest trick in the Book. Divide and conquer.

>Inellastic commodity goverened by opaque practices without regulatory oversite.
Golly gee how could it be?
Youll find that the money boys always exploit these situations and that a little regulation would cure the problem.
Very similar to enron and the california energy crisis where they were paying (bribing) energy plants to go offline so they could charge obscene amounts of money for electricity.

Well the same thing with healthcare. You can charge obscene amounts of money if the system is unregulated.

>Have you considered that those countries have a healthier population?

No because this is an outright falsehood. No one can seriously argue that states with a median age +15 or even +20 years have healthier populations.

Youve made a false assumption that the government works for the people and not for the corporations and donor class.

In America this is a poor assumption.

You watch see what I said hereJust like Enron they will start shutting down hospitals here in America.
And everyone will say
>but healthcare is so expensive how can they not be making money!?!?
But that is exactly how they make the money. In this manner they can charge 10, 20, 30 times more for the same thing.

See

Rural hospitals face widespread closures
washingtonexaminer.com/news/rural-hospitals-face-widespread-closures
(Posted yesterday)

The state can't stop the new owners of Westlake Hospital from closing it. That wasn't always the case.
chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-state-cant-stop-westlake-closure-20190219-story,amp.html
(Posted 2 days ago)

See same scam. If the government had half an ounce of sense theyd stop it. But they are all getting rich off the scam too.

THIS. our doctors are paid a ridiculous amount of money. they are all millionaires. healthcare workers are paid way too much here. in the 1950s a doctor wouldnt be that much wealthier than the average joe. our doctors dont need to be paid so much that they can live in 30,000 square foot mansions and race lamborghinis on the weekends. take my advice: learn some fucking first aid. it could save your wallet. learn to set broken bones, stitch wounds and basic shit like that. any moron can with training. if you go to a professional for a few stitches expect to pay him a few thousand bucks. people used to know this shit. when you got married long ago, your wife was your nurse. home remedies and first aid techniques were passed from mother to daughter. i still know my great grandmothers remedy for welding flash burned eyes and it works great.

Attached: 1528235358571.png (786x806, 690K)

rural retards have too many health problems

this is true but its not a big enough factor to cause this situation
sounds about right, europoors are health freaks. ive been to germany and was quite surprised
the white working class has a higher employment rate and earns more money. niggers on the other hand are unemployed, unhirable criminals and drug addicts

>And california didnt produce enough electricity.....

Exploitation always follows the same pattern. Its an open secret.

Its a scam. Same one Enron pulled years ago.

Yea, I would agree to some extent with you; but what about things like head wounds? Sure, you can stitch the skin up, but how is grandma gonna detect a concussion or swelling on the brain? Just one such example.

do as much medical care yourself as you can. if you do all your car repairs at home you save a shit ton of money its the same thing
whats a doctor gonna do about it? when i had a concussion they just sent me home and told me to get some shuteye. also i had my grandma put stitches in my head when i wrecked my motorcycle. if you were doing it yourself it would be a bit tricky but it could be done.

>quick to call people morons
>welds without a mask

Are you an idiot.
You cant cure cancer in your basement.

no, but how often does that happen? unless you are dying, stay the fuck out of the doctors office. the (((pills))) they give you contain god knows what and they are paid by big pharma to prescribe them. if your immune system is allowed to fight off a disease naturally it will become stronger. our immune systems are much weaker than previous generations due to an over reliance on antibiotics.

i wasnt welding without a mask, some asshole struck an arc without his curtains on while i was setting up my machine. its a game they play, my great grandpa told me about it. the welders will try to get the drop on you if you arent wearing your ppe.

in this cretins defense I’ve worked in many settings of healthcare and American doctors ordered tests for evvverrryyythhiiiinnnggg. partially for billing purposes, partially “defense” against litigation. It’s out of control. The American public is just as culpable. People sprain their ankle and want a mri done

It's also mismanaged to shit

You can thank labor for that. Pissing away billions on adding middle management jobs

The vast majority of all medical expenditures go to a small percentage of the population.

So your little victim blaming routine is bullshit.

Yeah I agree with you I don’t know why your arguing with me asshole

>What is America's plan to slow this growth down?
boycott medicare, seriously they fucking lose it if you refuse their services and pay for your own medical care

>obamacare slowed the growth
Obama let Pharma have unlimited access to the till after Bush already did the same with his prescription drug benefit package

Just figured you were a shill. Most these threads arent populated by humans.