Why is Ethiopian food top tier?

Has anyone here been to an Ethiopian restaurant before? I went last weekend and it was delicious. I wouldn't have chosen to go but my friend was raving about it and wanted me to come with him.

I was surprised by how great it tasted. Usually I think cuisine is representative of a culture's advancement (hence Jap and Chinese food being better than Thai; Italian and French food being better than German/Scandanavia; all food being better than Africa). But this experience has shattered that perception.

Attached: injeratshebi.jpg (800x600, 225K)

Any food in Ethiopia is top tier

>Literal piles of shit on bread
Okay user

Demand a clean plate, m8.

Attached: 1535833183988.png (412x299, 98K)

Was about to say that. Checked. It looks like actual shit, everything but the lettuce. The bread texture also reminds me of badly burned skin.
Poor Ethiopians, why can't they catch a fucking break?

fpbp and /thread
checked & chuckled

this thread started with shit, and will end like so

looks like bloody diarrhea, and beef stew vomit

Says the user that obviously never tried this. Because ribs are just meat with sauce. Lol.

FPBP

LOOKS DELISH

Attached: COJiCRcUYAENVt7[1].jpg (768x1024, 100K)

that could be a compilation of different cat pukes user....i... where is the fucking meat... is that greenish-brown shit that looks like alpo mixed with bile a meat of some kind? I see some green veggies, maybe spinach... some lettuce and maybe a tomato slice... then some super thin flour/pancake shit that is probably made from sawdust.

please explain each food on this plate

Attached: ben and jerrys resist flavor ice cream.jpg (800x1024, 213K)

Delicious and super easy to make.
Oh lawdie

>cuisine is representative of a culture's advancement
I have never in my life read as retarded a statement as this one. Shouldn't you be mourning your daughter, Mr. Tibbetts?

Kek fpbp

There's a fairly popular african restaurant in my town and the food does taste pretty good. Not amazing though.
That being said they have some sort of banana cream as dessert and it's genuinely the most delicious dessert I've ever eaten in my life, I don't know how they do it because it seems pretty basic but is flawless.

>Jap and Chinese food being better than Thai
pfft

btw, your pic looks like 5 kinds of diarrhea on a home made tortilla. Visual presentation counts for something when talking about cuisine

I’d rather have meat and sauce than baby diarrhea and gluten

Almost all Ethiopian food is stewed and heavily spiced, thats why its all glumpy and brown. There is nothing wrong with the taste.

That "plate of food" looks like someone with a fatal GI disease shit onto a paper towel.

What is the yellow stuff? Or don't I want to know?

Attached: 1546927076240.jpg (996x966, 316K)

kek

Attached: 1544306346325.gif (360x346, 170K)

Go away diarrhoea eating nigger

Visuals mean jack fuck, taste is all that matters.

>good restaurants make good food

wow, what a fucking surprise.

Attached: Gang_Orca_headshot_2.png (1080x1080, 994K)

I want to put cocktail sticks covered in vinegar into those holes

Btw OP do they roast their own coffee? My local Ethiopian place roasts their coffee fresh to order, the fumes always fill the whole restaurant and make everything smell like coffee when they do ot.

i've eaten pretty much every cuisine on this planet, and found that basically every region of the world has some really good food.

ethiopian food is disgusting, just a bunch of crap salty stews scooped up with the most awful, spongy, sour bread in the world.

>Ethiopia having food
Genuinely surprised

Ethiopian was one of the few legit advanced African Empires. They had trade relations with the east and used advanced stone masonry from an early age. Colonialism fucked them up though and Italy tried to take them over, they lost but left the country wounded, which lead to Italy coming back during WWII and using chemical weapons to decimate them. The empire was eventually overthrown in the 70's and replaced with communism. After that they ended up eating dirt because that's what communism does best.

When people talk about the terrors of communism Ethiopia is usually not on the list, but you can point to a picture of a starving Ethiopian child with a bloated belly and say this is the direct end result of communism.

>all these newfags falling for this old pasta

Attached: 1541321726625.png (607x768, 363K)

It's basically beef or lamb stew, and you eat it with the bread underneath, not far off a curry and super nutritious.

Don't knock it until you try it. Obviously I can't successfully get across the taste and smell through pictures.

Attached: tsebhi.jpg (1024x768, 321K)

Dude, the bread is made with teff. Ancient grain. Gluten free. Also best way to think of this is like a spicy version of the best crock pot stew ever. Just on bread, not in a bowl.

>cocktail sticks

Toothpicks. You're thinking of toothpicks.

>stewed and heavily spiced
This is only done to hide the flavor of substandard or old meat. Its like putting a lime in water; its there to kill bacteria not refresh your palate.

Can you explain to me what each of these foods is?

You know thats makeup right?