Tfw fell for the Learn to Code meme

>tfw fell for the Learn to Code meme

Attached: gc4lneyvmhh21.jpg (700x811, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QMDf5MSE0LQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

L

Attached: 1550677537388.jpg (1024x646, 150K)

Based and redpilled

>wrote developer wrong
>bitches on twitter about his job and salary
>looks like the soja version of David Foster Wallace

why isn't the free market blowing his dick?

>Username was likely taken
>Not against twitter community guidelines
>This is true, but tech loves soiboi bitches. Should be in favor.
Because tech is oversaturated.

If everyone learns how to code then the job is minimum wage tier, literally supply and demand, people telling other people to learn 2 code have fucked the entire profession. Only top percentile coders which are MIT level are getting 6 figures in 2019.

Not to mention almost all of basic coding will be done by AI within the next 5-6 years, non-top end coding is a meme and 95% of Jow Forums coders will be either out of a job or making minimum wage if they aren't already.

>tech people bitching about salary
While the sentiment is true, 'junior developers' often make more that some other careers with 20 years of experience.

>>Username was likely taken
chose something else and don't look like a retard
>>Not against twitter community guidelines
Never claimed it is? But if he is bitching on twitter about his job you can probably infer how his work ethic and behavior at work is and why he isn't that highly paid as he wished.
>>This is true, but tech loves soiboi bitches. Should be in favor.
Sad but true.

>using meme arrows on twitter
yikes

Retard. Let's put yourself in the position of the employer. What do you want out of an employee?
>A lot of work experience
>Get him to begin at the bottom of the ladder to try him out
>Pay him as low as he's ready to get paid
Like, how is it wrong to want the best for the cheapest price possible? It's like they never heard of salary negotiations.

Wtf is this. All the coders I know are so swamped by offers that most of them have become private consultants

Also sage in all fields

The people who say this are either:
1) disdainful of programming in general (the "this is nerd shit" sort) and possibly remotely jealous they never learned or couldn't learn.
2) goobers that went to school for programming but did not nothing else in their coursework

I and a friend of mine don't have degrees in anything computer related but we taught ourselves more than just html and basic python scripting and are making just shy of six figures only about two years into our career. The problem is schools giving useless degrees to people looking to get rich quick that aren't smart enough to program getting out into the job market and basically being shoved into 30/40k/yr data entry jobs.

>Implying they aren't widely used

I'm not Jewish so I would never be in a position where I have employees

Companies set up impossible qualifications for the pay so that when they can't find a candidate they can justify h1-b visas. The HR gatekeeper won't even let you in to negotiate pay.

jews don't have employees only henchmen and slaves

employee is just the new word for slave.
entrepreneur is the new house nigger.
"Motivation" is the new obedience.

they're in the email standard

how's your 45% income tax going Hans?

>mfw I actually did fall for this meme
I just wish I could go back and tell my 18 year old self to not to go to uni. It kills me how when every time I tell someone about this they try to convince me that a college degree is always worth it and that I shouldn't regret it. Yet here I am doing work I could have easily done with no degree but having to make a hefty student debt every month that could be going to savings.

Attached: 1520189247289.gif (480x270, 3.2M)

>>looks like the soja version of David Foster Wallace
That's Gilfoyle from the comedy Silicon Valley.

Attached: g_in_a_nutshell.png (929x757, 120K)

Code your own website and make your own business instead, now keep all the money

>learns to code
>doesn't learn to take a screenshot without all fucked up lines through it
How did you even achieve this?

>basic html
>python scripting
>6 figures a year
The amount of LARP

Unironically seems like a cool guy.

FUCK EVERYTHING

I'm going into plumbing.

AI Better make vidya than SJW niggers

You'll thank yourself in your 40's for going to school, though. Money doesn't like to promote people past their education, so the self-taught dude is going to be making 100,000 as a developer and the Director of IT that cracks a whip over him will be making 200,000.

Lmao that's nothing.
>Ph.D. in Math
>any job I want
>$300k starting

It will be a very long time before most trades like plumbing, HVAC, or electrician work will be automated, go for it. I know a plumber and a welder and they both make way more money than I do with my useless degree.

Attached: .jpg (400x267, 24K)

>Ph.D. in math
incel autist confirmed
Watch out everybody

I couldn't even find an entry job that could support me enough to be able to move out of my parents place in IT. I was only able to finally strike out on my own after I got laid off and was forced to moved into tradework after not being able to find anything else due to shit like that guy in OP's image is talking about. Coders will all be automated away anyway in a decade, it doesn't matter.

He's the best character in the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=QMDf5MSE0LQ

I made 420,000 working as a chef at Wendy’s last year.

>Coders will all be automated away anyway in a decade
Oh, so you didn't get that degree.

more like S

>IT
Have you tried turning your career choice off and on again?

Ok, I can code a website, I have an idea. Now what? Sit back and watch the money roll in?

Not only is there staunch competition, realistically either you're very talented and intelligent and will succeed early and keep the momentum going, or more likely you will realise you do not have any real skills to speak of and your idea will either be impractical, unfeasible or derivitive.

I know you were being facetious just I keep hearing the start a business meme. The only thing it really does is increases local competition and tax revenue. You'll only make money after x years, if you're successful.

Lel. Love how newfags always fall for this.

>I couldn't even find an entry job that could support me enough to be able to move out of my parents place in IT
That's because the oft-touted legal immigration everyone is so proud of destroyed social mobility.

Attached: 1550202990919.png (378x357, 81K)

>Math
>Any job
Too bad you can't be a colorectal surgeon said you could take that stick out of your ass.

Learning to code is the modern equivalent to knowing one step of the assembly line process. You are disposable and anyone could do your job.

You should have actually studied CS, which is akin to a master who understands the whole assembly process, and can perform/redefine any part of it.

Honestly I considered it and my brother does it but he's miserable and has become a drone.
I feel I'd rather just be a neet and play vidya, I hate having my life become my work. I don't like the feeling of being in an office and saying to myself "damn only 55 more years left before I might be able to retire and sleep in on Mondays."

nice autism hans

Lol this is bullshit, entry level programming jobs are still paying $100k to start. There is a global shortage of engineers and Trump took a shit on H1B pajeets. There is plenty of money to be made if you attend a coding bootcamp and take the time to actually learn. Don't expect job security unless you actually know your shit and build experience.

This is just a boomer meme to make themselves feel better about importing mass workers. 10 years ago it was "go work in fracking in North Dakota". They'll probably be encouraging their son to become a male prostitute next

I've seen a job posting for a research assistant asking for fluency in Greek for a position in Toronto

Boomers response to every millennial complaint is just to get them to stop complaining so they can get their social security and reach retirement without some sort of neet gamer uprising overthrowing the government.

Yeah you will regret that shit for sure. Don't squander your youth, finish school and worry about how you'll spend all your money. If you live within reasonable means you could make enough to retire on in 10-15 years. People in this industry are just fucking stupid and saddle down on a 1.5mil mortgage because its closer to work, effectively fucking themselves in the long run when the bubble pops.

Get a good job, buy land or a comfty little home and spend your days on hobbies. Tech work is fucking easy, and most large corps kiss your ass to keep productivity high, 3 meals a day, gym, spa, massages, work at home days, unlimited vacation. Tech is pretty cash to be honest famalam

I'm old enough to remember people being smugly told they were worthless fuckups for daring to get an English degree. Now they're being told they're fuckups for IT. I wonder what will be the next worthless degree, particle physics? "Why weren't you a ditch digger, you little prick?"

It would be funny if it didn't represent people's ruined lives

This is bullshit. I know someone who had to work an upaid internship for two months to get a part time entry level IT job.

IT has never been a respectable career, there may have been a time when it was highly in demand but pajeets saw to ending that.

IT is basically for people who were too retarded for high level math and CS courses.

Literally doubling down! Amazing.

100% of workers are supposed to go into 0.5% of the jobs. What could possibly go wrong?

To be fair that tweet describes everything in programming and IT in the last decade. The job market in those fields can be pretty gay. Most of it has to do with retards in management and HR. I remember in 2009 there was a company who was looking for someone who had 10 years experience with Windows 7, even though the OS was barely over a year old, iirc.

Attached: 126385725342.png (1259x872, 635K)

>but pajeets saw to ending that

The push to outsource everything to India was a fucking disaster and even the most gullible tech corporations have abandoned it. The H1-Bs in the US are India's cream of the crop and they're not paid significantly less than the natives.

>they're not paid significantly less than the natives
If that was true they would never be hired because their English is garbage

LOL

IT is not even remotely related to Computer Science and is highly saturated due to the low bar to entry. I don't even think it requires above College Algebra to complete.

If you are not a total fucking idiot you can finish an android programming bootcamp in 6mo or less and land a gig at google paying $100k/yr. I know people who have, and for reference, a CS grad from MIT will start at $120k.

$100k in tuition + 4-5yrs of school or $2000 and 6mo max of your time. You have to be a moron to be unemployed at a time like this when Google is so desperate they hire from bootcamps.

I know because I work in healthcare and I read their notes

JUST GO TO MIT. IF YOU DON'T GO TO MIT YOU'RE A MORON AND YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BUY BREAD FOR YOUR FAMILY. LET THE PEASANTS EAT CAKE. MORON.

STEM is oversaturated now, especially coding. Coding is generally low tier monkey work in the first place

A poor grasp of English isn't the worst breakdown in communication skills for an industry swarming in autism and junk politics.

True. Must be an American problem.
LinkedIn to me is probably what Tinder is like to a 9/10 woman.

username is max 15 chars tard

You underestimate how stupid the top level execs in charge of cutting costs are. They hire one pajeet at 75% salary rate of a native to do the job of 2-3 people. cost cutting is all they care about.

>the code will code meme
The keywords you missed are MORE THAN

Are these just bots? Could've sworn I replied to this same post a few days ago.

The joke is that many employers are clueless to this fact and still expect to be able to get talent on the cheap. Rather than accepting reality and raising salaries to market, they instead complain that “schools aren’t properly training engineers” and that we “need more high-skilled immigrants.”

I have my own business and we are releasing an app soon. Off the BETA alone I am pulling in 2k a month, with an estimated 60k a month by the end of the year. Get fucked wage cuck

>STEM is oversaturated now
It really isn't. Germany has a large shortage still.

>entry level programming jobs are still paying $100k to start
maybe in places where the cost of living is $100k

Its an old meme

You are so fucking stupid leaf, I just told you a guy spent $2000 on a 6mo coding bootcamp and got an offer at nearly the same rate as an MIT grad who probably soent 6 figures on his tuition. The person I know who does HR at google even said the bootcamp guy could have asked for more and they would have gave it to him but he took the first offer.

Wait till you're 45 and you're laid off, start looking for work again. I know someone who was a CTO of a recognizable name 90s internet company who went back to school and got a PhD driving for uber

Once you start pulling 200k you're ass is gonna get replaced

It was

They know exactly what's going on, they're just playing dumb about it and trying to flood the job market in any way they can. Why do you think some of these companies are blowing literally hundreds of millions on diversity programs?

>Not owning your own business
>Not investing while making millions a year
Literally nigger tier thinking

Yeah, anyone with a basic understanding of computer science will understand why automated programming is a meme. Even with black box understanding of machine learning it's obvious its incredibly overhyped in popular culture.

Salary hasn't risen in IT in 30+ years, which matches or outperforms the salary of all fields

Ha, i went to work there during the boom, stayed at the "man camps" and everything, good times

SHOW ME THE WAGE INCREASE.

If the wages don't increase I absolutely refuse to believe these claims.

Well plenty of people live an hour or two outside of the silicon valley where the rent is cheap and commute a couple days a week for meetings, working from home the other days.

Rent is like $1200/mo for a nice 1-2bdr apartment.

Math is a high paying degree if you can apply it. My lord Jow Forums is dumb these days

This. I lol every time someone says AI AI. Yes it can remove some grunt work, at the end of the day humans need to do QA. How can you have an AI build something that is in your mind?

You’re being too defeatist. Just build it and people will pay even if there’s competition, and even if it’s not very useful or great. You just need to reach people. Find a problem no matter how small and fix it and people will pay.

Well he was a money grubbing Jew, he got company stocks and didn't diversify, got wiped out in the crash. What can I say?

> Coders will all be automated away
t. non-coder

>IT is not even remotely related to Computer Science and is highly saturated due to the low bar to entry.
>highly saturated

Not true. I did IT and at my university most of my classes, especially towards the end were completely empty. Meanwhile, all of the programming and CS classes were jam fucking packed, even upper level courses. People aren't getting into IT because they think it doesn't pay well (not true) and it's for idiots (which is pretty true). They don't know there is a tremendous shortage for IT goons at all skill levels. Entry level jobs going for 55~65k starting, which is not that much, but require absolutely nothing but the degree and there is actual upward mobility with it. Most CS guys I graduated with are in california getting their paychecks eaten by taxes and high cost of living or drowning in debt making less or about the same as me doing twice the work with no hope.

Uh oh. Better take in more refugees!

i see lambda school getting shilled a lot on twitter as i follow tech people. it seems culty because everyone who gets into it wants to be a teacher's pet, but the school are basically saying if you do the course you'll get a job. tuition is around $30k after you get a job

This is totally normal guys!

He’s a fucking meme. I liked him until all the satanist shit they had to tack onto his character

>How can you have an AI build something that is in your mind?

Or to put it another way, how can you have an AI build something without describing EXACTLY what it is you want to build?

if youre not a retard you easily pull six figures

I went to school for computer arts, computer programming , even have a degree.
I work as a corporate auditor in an office building and haven't coded shit in years The, bright side, I make more than I would have being a coder.
The thing is, normal Americans cannot compete with Indians that received their college education for free in India.

Where's a good place to start learning? Seems like a fun hobby outside of guns booze and vidya