Most opposition by the common people against the EU’s Article 13 is in Germany

How come? 60% of the 5 million petition signatures handed to the EU asking them to scrap Article 11 and Article 13 came from German citizens. On Twitter “Artikel 13” rather than “Article 13” has more tweets and yesterday the biggest trending tag was #Merkelfilters.

Why is it just the German people who are up in arms against online censorship by the government? How come the Dutch, the French, the Swedish, the Hungarians, the Romanians, the Portugese, the Irish etc. all don’t give a flying fuck about the coming death of freedom of speech on the internet?

Attached: A9C19AA2-FC5B-4C3F-979F-E968F4A3F28F.jpg (1255x1255, 382K)

Because the media blocks most news about Article 11/13. There are people right now that don't even know about this. Also CDU doesn't give a shit about young people anyway. That's sad.

Attached: 1547665445821.jpg (700x700, 19K)

EU copyright law is already fairly restrictive compared to the USA. Maybe they don't see the difference.

>#Merkelfilters
I see the Russian botnet run by AfD shitheads and sympathisers is working well

No, the EU copyright law is 19yrs old and pretty much exactly like the US laws... except for not having something like the DMCA.

What?

Check out this post. Try to get into the thought process of the poster and simulate the state of mind you have to be to type this unrelated post in this thread. The very first thing that came to his mind was "g-guys check it out w-we aren't as bad USA > EU o-ok u can now get back on the topic", while quite ironically being two times worse than the EU when it comes to specifically copyright
You americans are really insecure about the EU for some very weird reason

Why the hell would you drag Merkel into this and make up a hashtag with her in it lol, that just reeks of brainlet AfD morons

hans, you are really delusional if you think it makes a difference, same with sopa/acta in the past.
Instead of fighting gay ass laws, better dismantle the EU all-together and let each nation make it's own stupid laws, let natural selection prevail.

>hurr durr privacy laws, no google street view, etc.
Lmao, it's quite ironic when you give a fuck about google spying on your ass when BfV did it way before and still does it without any remorse.Not only them but also all the other 3-kike-letter agencies.

Germans give the most fucks about privacy in EU because most of the times they're the ones who came up with the retarded laws that enable the censorship in the first place.
You're worried about Google spying on you, yet you can get arrested for tweeting "something mean".

wait how are we two times as bad about copyright what are you referencing my dude

Merkel was the reason this shitty censorship is happening. The German coalition agreement denounced censorship and upload filters... yet Merkel personally called Macron to get this censorship fascism over the line.

This is far worse than the 3 million illegal Muslims.

>Merkel was the reason this shitty censorship is happening
lol are you an AfD brainlet

>censorship fascism
lol how is that a) censorship and b) fascism you AfD brainlet lol

Ignore the EU flag meme poster. He is a German who trolls all threads remotely connected to the EU.

I am FDP, but censorship is bs and I hate the FDP is for this shit too. I am considering voting for whoever promises to stop this shit.

>I am FDP
LOL

Requiring large and small platforms to stop user uploads and geoblock the EU is censorship and fascism, you complete and utter moron.

>and small platforms
obviously you have no idea what you're even talking about lol, you, let me quote
>complete and utter moron

It's like that with every EU petition. Remember the daylight saving time petition?
Too many pensioned boomers in Germany that want to meddle with everything.

Most people don't know, ive posted a thread with a vid and it didn't even get a reply just slid off

>Why is it just the German people who are up in arms against online censorship by the government?
Doesn't matter. Modern germans are such weak passive cautious pieces of filth that they will just be walked all over and do nothing about it, for a millenia. All the strong germans died in ww2.

DMCA is a big difference since we're using the internet so much. The legal defense of fair use has allowed US citizens to get accustomed to more open content creation, and if that were to go into EU courts there would probably be much less lenience. My guess is that people in the EU don't care as much as they should because they already have to avoid copyright as much as possible.

lol

The swedes care about it more than you'll ever know.

If article 13 pass, then blacked will see an insane amount of decreased memberships

>Romanians
The majority of Romanians are way to dumb to comprehend what article 13 means. Also, Romanians are pretty accepting of propaganda and censorship. If they take even a glimpse of something that is not according to the propaganda, they immediately froth at the mouth and start yelling EU buzzwords such as corruption, rule of law etc. (even though its not in the correct context).

>t. Romanian