Have any anons here taken the mailpill?

have any anons here taken the mailpill?

Attached: usps-2013.png (1024x814, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hox-ni8geIw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is it?

Attached: image.jpg (389x398, 71K)

Realizing the USPS recruits from special needs classes.

Just don't. Not worth the money. I have worked shit jobs in my padt but this was by far the worst.

Attached: download (3).jpg (1024x1024, 1.32M)

Yeah I mailed myself your mother's underwear

Past**

Stamped and mailpilled

made around 98k last year
not a bad gig. outside by yourself all day. plenty of time to shit post on Jow Forums

Why though? Seriously, I've considered it myself, the pay is decent at least. Is it that terrible?

care to elaborate?

youtube.com/watch?v=Hox-ni8geIw

Dont do it. Post office became a shit job 10 years ago. They think there smart, they only hire part time for new hires now. City Carrier or Rural carrier. You get no gov. Benefits and your on call every day. Your on probation for 90 days. They fire 80% of people within those 90 days. They will call you in every day to work, people have reported working 40 days in a row. The best part? Estimated time to get salary pay , hours, and become an actual mailman -8 years. You will be on call part time worker for 8 years just to make the base salary steady job of mailman (45-50k a year). You start off part time at 17/hr which tricks people to think its a good job.

My recommendation?

Go TSA. I went TSA. Started at 16.50/ hr full time, full benefits, and never changing hours or days, AND unlimited overtime IF i wanted. After 1 year, you make 20$/hr. Best part is your inside, work with friends all day, and you can have fun shit talking and bullshiting with people.

They will tell you that you will work x hours. Expect to work 2/3 times that. Promotion is shit. Boomers are finally leaving now but they yank positions away and replace them with temporary non benefit positions. You cant be sick, you cant schedule, and you can't take off for appointments. Eventually you will get fucked over by being passed over for promotions, physical exhaustion, and mental anguish. This is the moment when you have 3 options 1. Become a mindless automaton that will break down. 2. Quit and try to find another job that will pay you less than those sweet dollars you were used to. 3. Get fired by trying to make the job more like an actual job with benefits.

You make compelling arguments user.

The real Constitutional postal service was destroyed and replaced by a private corporation in 1974.

I like stamps

going postal

>tfw PTF clerk making $22 an hour with a $30k benefits package
enjoy patting down fat people all day

JEEZ, your spelling and grammar is shit. I can see why you went with the TSA.

You have no idea what you are talking about, it costs about 5k to hire and get someone through the whole training process, why would they put all that money through just to fire someone. Also, with the unions its extremely hard to even come close to firing people.
Yes, when you get hired you are technically a temp or support employee but you eventually get a career position if you wait it out, it took me about 15 months to go career, which isnt bad at all.

A job is a job at the end of the day, though. Nobody gives a shit what you do at the end of the day.

Yep ptf clerk in a lvl 18 office. I get wifi from the neighbors and sit online and watch movies all day. Pretty comfy, made 50k last year.

people actually pay others to watch movies all day? what the fuck is a ptf clerk? I'm listening.

I agree with you on the boomer shit. Idk about your area but I have no chance for upward mobility as they are trying to get rid of all the postmaster positions and turning Lvl 18 offices into RMPOs or satellite offices with just a lead clerk in charge. So if you are a supervisor or a postmaster in an 21+ office youre set. Everyone is about to get buttfucked.

high five fellow postal drone. took me 7 years of non career rural mail carrying and grinding bullshit PMR/PSE positions but I finally nailed a career job.

We were already fucked. As a PSE I walked an average of 11 miles a day at our office.

Is $13,000 a year bad for a single person? Because that's what I made last year according to my AGI on the taxes shit

Thats extremely low if not attending school. Consider visiting the department of gibs.

can you aware me on what the dept. of gibs is? I substitute teach like 2 days a week because I have to deal with niggers who are literally violent towards subs. I have a bad degree, so I just substitute teach when stuff is available that I think I can do.

In the same boat, honestly not that bad but I'm sure a lot of people couldn't swing it on this income. I just got out of a home invasion homicide, and they denied my foodstamps request because I already get ebt. A whopping $15/mo. On top of this my doctor only signed the application for 3 months of it, I didn't even get declined until it was expired. Car got repo'd, shits honestly exhausting but fun trying to get by every month

Department of social services. They can help you get benefits until you find a decent job. Not the most honorable thing but they are there for a reason.

Depends on what office you pick, when I first started I was a pse clerk which is basically a temp, I started at $15.63/hr and I did have shitty hours and had to travel to get hours in different offices, but I always got about 37-40 hrs a week and mileage for travel, which was much bc I didnt go far.

theyll offer career positions you can apply for and if you have the highest seniority in your district you get the position, so if you call the offices listed you can find out about them and I got a nice cozy office where its me another clerk and a supervisor, so I get off whenever I need and its not very busy so I chill most of the time. Also, when you take the career position you get a pay increase which for me was up to almost $20/hr. (And every year you get a .50ish cent living wage increase. And every 9 months you get a regular raisa.

I do enjoy my job and get a ton of satisfaction, especially when passengers say "thank you for your service , sir" or when i catch guns and knives from passengers and knowing im keeping people safe. Also the job is fun, since you get placed on a team of twelve with your friends and bullshit all day. It also never gets old to shit talk back to rude passengers and never get in trouble for it. But the truth still stands that you didnt get that clerk job within a year, or 2, or even 3. And that you were worked like a dog as a cca or rca and still only get 22/hr. I only been with TSA for 3.5 years and up to 25$/hr, weekends off, not including end of the year graded bonus or achievement bonus's.

Yes. Welcome to Jow Forums. I dnt care about my gammar or spelling.

Bullshit. Also 5k for what? They literally send you to a class for 3 days, "ojt" someone for one day, than say "alright good luck, go deliver all this mail to this route you dont even know". Also please talk about how you get paid only for the estimated time for the routes they give you, which they underhand by atleast 2 hours. They dont even give new hires a clothes credit, its from your pocket.

Well this made me feel quite sad. What is a home invasion homicide? Did something almost happen to you? Why did your car get repod user?

Tips to maximize. Do in kind work (self employment for a friend or family member) in turn for "some help with bills". Make sure it is at least 30 hours per week. Claim all rent/utility. Room with someone you don't share food with or cook for who can also get benefits.

honestly user I didn't mean to be rude. I hope you enjoy your job and do well financially. just seemed like you were pooping on the USPS when it has some legitimately BREAD positions. just gotta get the right opening at the right time is all. there are tons of terrible 11/hr non career graveyard mail processing positions but there are also some 45k STARTING with a crazy pay scale positions and always room to move up. trick is I live in a rural area so there's less competition. big cities the good jobs are incredibly competitive and hard to come by.

youre scaring me user

t.new cca awaiting starting date

Im a CLERK not a carrier, you guys do get fucked, Im well aware of the micro-managing and how the whole timing system is designed to fuck over the carrier (but thats also due to whoever the retard was that did the counts and walks).

I was told the 5k number by a few people actually, someone in HR, the union, some different postmasters. Go ask yours.

A home invasion that results in homicide. My uncle broke into my padio door causing thousands of shards of glass to go everywhere, and started attacking my dog so I had to shoot him. He sadly ended up bleeding out not too far from the house. Shits fucked, I think he wanted in here for the vintage toys in the attic but there's better ways of trying to get your stuff than causing my dog to puddle blood throughout the house. Car got repod because I physically couldn't work for a couple months and lapsed on payments, my fault, but after something like that no matter how much you tell yourself your fine, your body disagrees and does its own thing. Can't even read a book let alone drive a car, it's over a year now and I'm only finally getting back to baseline and keeping a job.
they reinstated the cash benefit for anyone without kids/job, and did away with the rule you need to apply for X amount of jobs to receive benefits because it was "illegal" to do so.

do you ever need something but can't afford it?

Not really, user. I live a minimalist lifestyle. I just have monthly debits from my bank account and browse the chans and play games during my time off. That's really it, user.

Its alot to take in at first, but if you stick it out you'll be fine. Just dont be a retard like that other user and if you have questions or need help dont be afraid to ask.

My one advice from working different government jobs since i was 19. Until your probation is up, be the biggest brown nose and yes man you can be. When probabtion is up, dont take shit from supervisors or anything and dont be afraid to call them out if you think your being taken advantage of because they will keep doing it and try to own you. I heard a lot of post masters can be extremely hard on new employees and bust your balls for everything even if your brand new. The worse part is that since you are part time, they control your hours. So my advice is kinda useless for this job. Lol, idk i just dont like how for a government job the way they can treat and abuse new employees and have so much power over them. I would just keep at it and try your best, get your sf50, make an account on usajobs, and just relentlessly keep applying for everything. But who knows maybe youll like cca. You will be working a lot , but making bank.

ammunition and food are my biggest issues, do I want pew pew or to have more than 1k in calories for half this month. my biggest motivator is not having the stockpile that I would like, be it ammo or food.

i'd be fine with that kind of life, but i kind of want a family, and 13k/year definitely wouldn't do it.

Did it as a side job. Worst job I have ever had. Retail stores are run better than this place.

Where does the 13k come from, what about rent/mortgage/bills/health ins. Where are you from? I couldnt imagine living off only that. Have you tried cancelling the ebt and just getting food stamps?

Substitute teaching a few days a week. That's literally all I do.
Make sure you truly want a family before making that leap, user

?

kek. underrated post

>Go TSAMet a guy who trafficked cociane while there. Got addicted to it though, and got kidnapped by a cult he left. Ended well though, got 500$s and dropped off at his mom's house after a month of sobering up at one of their safehouses. And had his mental exam schedualed for him. He's only a mild schizo. I think he's bi-polar, but what do I know? True story.

Lmao nigger what the fuck just sell the toys if you need cash

Dammit.
Met a guy who trafficked cociane while there. Got addicted to it though, and got kidnapped by a cult he left. Ended well though, got 500$s and dropped off at his mom's house after a month of sobering up at one of their safehouses. And had his mental exam schedualed for him. He's only a mild schizo. I think he's bi-polar, but what do I know? True story.

Whis is a worse place to work in the government Post Office or TSA? I've heard some pure horror stories from former employees of both places.

I can give you some pros and cons from tsa to help you out. Alright posted some in this thread and many prior threads as well,

Cons
Yearly test to keep your job
-Every year you have to show that you can pass an xray test, 3 bag search test, and a pat down test. Its nerve wrecking because its your job on the line and you can fail the bag and pat down test if you dont memorize your phrases, but you get three tries each and its super super rare for someone to get fired from this BUT it does happen. Especially because you will be nervous the first time doing the test for bags and being graded by 2 evaluators, and also the xray test can be scary since they change it every year and different threats.

Random tests from HQ
-part of the job , every one hates it. Under cover agents come in and try to get guns, bombs, and knives through. If you fail you get a write and may have to talk to the big boss to get grilled. Meaning "user the boss wants to talk to you, grab your stuff and go". I never seen someone get fired for this to be honest , but its a scare tactic that un nerves you. Especially because these tests are extremely hard and the under cover agents are trained in mis direction and talking their way out using mind tricks. The bags are created by explosive experts so to conceale threat on an expert level. Trust me you work at TSA for a long time, you will eventually fail one of these and it sucks. Also for the next 2 months they will retest you again at random so you will always be at unease until you pass the retest.

Management
-higher ups when they are at the checkpoint love to micro manage. Watching you to do something thats not procedure to the T to write you up for something. Supervisors also get more on you because THEIR boss is now watching. They can be a pain , but usually they stay in the office.

Advancement
-not much. You can become a lead which runs the teams of 12, meaning you make the schedule where everyone goes, make lunch and

Rural carrier here. Been with the P.O. for almost 11 years. Started as a normal RCA (RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATE) and within 2 years took an Axillary route. It was 4 hours a day and 6 days a week.

The last 2 years I've had a full time route. I am a very rural route. I drive around in the country 5 to 7 hours a day. Get to listen to music, audio books, lectures, and podcasts pretty much uninterrupted 30 to 40 hours a week. Pretty awesome in that regard.

The shitty part here is the weather extremes and the micromanagement. I am in the Midwest and have to provide my own vehicle. I am working on the vehicle continually. It sucks have a long day because of snow and ice and have to get working on your vehicle as soon as you get home because it has to be ready tomorrow. It sucks in the summer here when it gets over 100 degrees and your A.C. doesn't work but you have to roll up the window between boxes because the gravel dust fills up your Jeep so much you can't see or breath. So you roll up your windows 200 plus times a day and sweat your ass off.

In regards to micromanagement, it is getting worse and worse. It's an evaluated route so I get the same pay every day regardless of how long it takes. Why does it make sense to hassle me on why I was stopped for 7 minutes when I'm not getting paid for it AND I am under evaluation? Honestly, once I was talking to a customer whose brother had died the day before of the same Cancer the customer has. The postmaster said you have to tell him you can't chat. Fuck that.
Anyways, it's a small thing to complain about for making good money and getting to be alone most of the day.
I make good money but don't let people tell you the pension is awesome. When I retire after 30 full time years (28 years from now), I'll make around $15k a year. Granted I do have a 401k as well.
Regardless, I'll continue doing it until I can't take it anymore and then I'll get another job. It is what it is.

Pic related is back of my mail jeep.

Attached: 20190214_142632.jpg (3694x2660, 3.69M)

Break decisions. Right the tallies for the number of uses for each instrument, make sure people are rotating, handle upset passengers, assist tso, and you directly report back to supervisor and your the one to get yelled at by supervisors if something goes wrong with the team. AND its only a 2k pay raise above base tso. Supervisor after that which is an 8 k pay raise and it seems a lot easier and you only answer to managers. Really most tsos look for government transfers to other agencies rather than advancement..
Alright i dont feel like typing much anymore but

Pros
Its a team job, you pick your team when you bid, so you can be with friends and leads n supervisors you like. It makes the job a lot more enjoyable when you know the people you work with and are comfortable with them and know how to flow right as a team.

Job security
The only times ive seen someone "fired" (99.9% of the time they let your resign) is when they call out like 15 times in 2 months, attacking someone physically , or they got a dui or something out of work.

The work can be stressful , but once you get confortable its not bad. A lot of down time, when you work with your team it really doesnt feel like work, can shit talk back to passengers, plenty of breaks and meetings and briefings where you just sit down and do nothing. One of the positions you work is called floor which basically mean go to a corner somewhere for 30 minutes and relax, another position called Exit where you sit in a chair for 30 minutes watching an exit.

Pay for an entry level job is pretty good. 16 start, 20 in 1 year, raises all the time, bonuses, government benefits.