Is there anything more cringeworthy than being a "prepper?" Seriously...

Is there anything more cringeworthy than being a "prepper?" Seriously, why do these peoples spend tens of thousands of dollars for something that will never happen?

Attached: IMG_1814.jpg (3456x2304, 3.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCazXG4CAB9W7e1cKxpstfIg/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you care?

Hamburger Helper...seriously?

>Seriously, why do these peoples spend tens of thousands of dollars for something that has a low probability of happening
FTFY.
It's their hobby. I'm sure to someone your hobby is retarded.

It's like reverse lottery players. Infinitesimal chance that it pays off, but if it does you're the man.

I've got a few weeks of food in MREs and a few cases of water on standby if need be. Anything beyond that and I'm probably fucked regardless.

Dude may survive a societal apocalypse...but dude won't survive obesity and diabetes.

>namebrand bleech

>Branded racking

>Bottled BBQ sauce

lets just throw money away goys

Most people don't have food in their pantry to last 3 days. It's important to at least have some staples that can get you through. Dried goods in big bags are cheap, like brown rice, dried lentils and kidney beans. A sack of potatoes lasts weeks without going bad. You can freeze eggs.

Nothing wrong with stocking up on non-perishable items. In fact, you would be retarded not to, to be honest.

>Welp honey, looks like that solar flare or Chinese invasion never happened. Hope you enjoy Spam for the next 20 years!

look at all that expired food

White people like to prepare for the future.

Considered crazy today, but a genius tomorrow.

>tfw you're 6 5 and this would only be enough food to last a week. :(

'Those who fail to prepare, prepare to fail'.

so having extra food and water is a bad thing now?

You work for FEMA or something?

where are you getting "tens of thousands" from?

Most "preppers" buy a little something extra every time they shop, thus in time, having a surplus.

Every 25 year freeze fried food isnt that expensive.

Attached: IMG_20160928_130124.jpg (1200x1600, 326K)

people buy/stock the things they use.

if done right, nothing ever expires.

FIFO

because nobody (including you) can predict the future.
enjoy starvation.
im going to rape your daughter/mother/sister/wife/girlfriend as soon as the apocalypse dawns.
sage in all fields

Attached: white-sage.jpg (650x650, 36K)

Indeed.

I actually like and regularly eat hamburger helper, with vegetables added of course

the most based guide to prepping is a fellow user
youtube.com/channel/UCazXG4CAB9W7e1cKxpstfIg/videos

not very good prepping, too many soups and other foods that take up a lot of space but aren't nutrient dense in the slightest. Dudes gonna be dying of vitamin deficiencies in a matter of months.

>commencing collection of prepper IP addresses

Stupidity, the post.

Yup. You eat based on expiration date and just keep putting newly purchased foods at the back of the queue.

When the Chimpocalypse begins, I will ensure my suvival by eating niggers and thus, solve two problems at once.

Yeah, being OP of this thread

Attached: OPuncovered.jpg (1024x745, 131K)

For you, oh and this time don't bother getting yourself a life vest.

Readiness at Any Hour

Matthew 24:37
No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,e but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away. So will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.

Attached: ENDTIMESv_1.jpg (1437x2949, 1.33M)

Ah, those kooks. Everything is going great.

Attached: BC7347F6-B0C2-45B3-8FBF-EA8073C2F9C3.jpg (636x1100, 101K)

Hey, if that's what they need for a sense of security, more power to them I say. So long as they aren't hurting anyone, I don't really understand how or why it would concern you granted it's really pointless and irrational

>Is there anything more cringeworthy than being a "prepper?"

Being a "prepper" with over 9000 jars of Miracle Whip on your shelf.

Is there anything more cringeworthy than being an "anti-prepper"? Seriously why do these people hate on others for being prepared?

it depends on the prepper
op pic is extreme cringe
all processed garbage

>why do people prep? its pathetic!
>posts pic
>nutella
>mayo
>peanut butter
>chips

That's what a fucking storage room looks like. That's not a prepper stash. Your family would starve in a month from that.

thats not really prepping, thats more like a 3 month emergency supply for a family of 4. Which is actually a good idea because shit like hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and snow storms happen dozens of time a year. i was without power for a month in south FL after a hurricane in 04. so i moved to NC and got snowed in for another month trapped on a mountain. FEMA is a joke their disaster relief consisted of box with 2 cans of vienna sausage,a box of mac n' cheese, a can of OJ and 1 gallon of water. needless to say now we keep a few months supply around

well...it might.

that's why.

Attached: white power fuck yeah.jpg (600x551, 261K)

i shit you not
this is what boomers do when they prep

Can't exactly store fresh food for the long term.

>why do these peoples spend tens of thousands of dollars for something that will never happen?
it doesn't cost that much, and ask any LDS member. They keep a year of food stored. It's pretty easy desu.

It's going to happen. Could be tomorrow, could be 100 years from now, but it's 100% happening.

>not ensuring your family has at least 3 months worth of rice and a way to cook it
>lol why dont you just die like everyone else. Why prep for emergencies?

This is what a prep stash should look like.

Attached: how-much-food-in-a-5-gallon-bucket.jpg (1024x768, 321K)

There have been plenty of small to moderate SHTF moments in my life that made me glad I had food in the pantry and back up generators. Hurricane Sandy made roads in my area impassable for a few day and without power for more than a month.

i will find your hiding places, and steal all of your food

im training dogs to find your hiding places...

if the dogs don't work I will have plenty of dog meat for sell

Agreed, although nothing wrong with getting guns and camping supplies imo

Attached: 150828121359-guns-america-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 131K)

>Gather 'round family. There was no hyperinflation, so we will be eating chicken feed for the next decade!

>world ends
>heh well I get to live in a bunker for another couple years

What's the point?

Spam is extremely unhealthy, too high in sodium and no carbs and a poor choice for prepping in general. You're misinformed.

>What's the point?
Ensuring humanity lives on. Someone has to survive that and bring us back from the brink. Hopefully it's just whites.

>Hyperinflation not happening
If there's no hyperinflation, it's because nations "cancelled" their debt to other nations by declaring war on them.
Hyperinflation is the less horrific option.

Attached: Hyperinflation.png (629x343, 119K)

There is no biological necessity to eat ANY carbohydrates. You can convert protein into carbohydrates as necessary.
Not having FAT in your diet, on the other hand, is suicide.

spam is very unhealthy
carbs are unhealthy as well

>What's the point?
Well, if you save a school buss full of a high school cheer leading squad before the end, I say it would be the best two years of your life

it doesn't really cost you anything if you store things you eat anyways, just say ahead a few months. its nice having food if you're on a budget because if you get injured and can't work for a few months you don't need to worry about starving.

This, why hate on preppers? They may take it a little far, but if you don't have several weeks worth of food you are an idiot. The grocery stores will be picked bare day one of a disaster. You want to count on the deliveries making it and you having enough? Worse yet do you want to count on the government to bring you and your family their ration. Back at the height of the Tea Party movement and prepping culture there was a great pamphlet from DHS describing prepping activities as being signs of a terrorist. At the same time there was a pamphlet from FEMA encouraging people to do the things listed on the DHS pamphlet.

I’m sure that dude will feel stupid if some natural disaster hits instead total societal collapse

>but if it does you're the man

Until you get robbed.

Notice how there's no seeds for growing food?

I do it to prep for natural disasters. So I dont need to wait in line for 12 hours at some FEMA facility and risk getting mugged by some feral nuggets.

If by the off chance an apocalyptic event rolls around, then ill be ready for that too.

We don't exactly have a view of the entire house.

Having a stash is good, that picture is fucking retarded though.

There is SO MUCH wasted space on that can rack, for the sake of easy dispensing he's killed a good 60%+ of the space.

It’s a Boomerconservative meme. It’s cringe, just like everything else Boomers believed in and invested themselves in, irrespective of politics.

The food is rotated and eaten you retarded faggot

anybody who preps with food is stupid
you need gear to get food, you dont want food
that shit will be looted by niggers day 1
you need to be able to live as a nomad and eat raw meat and shit
thats the only way you will make it pussies

Why? I've got that much stashed in a pantry because I like to buy on sale and for the storms that seem to be hitting about every three months.

>Every 25 year freeze fried food isnt that expensive.
what did he mean by this, bros?

>preparing for the future is dumb
This is how you identify niggers on an anonymous image board.

>saving all of the illuminati poisons with you in case the illuminati gets destroyed

1-That's rice you moron. I can tell you will die in 2 days if shit hits the fan. You don't even know your staples
2- It can last up to 10 years in airtight mylar bags inside buckets. You can pop open a bucket and eat rice with literally anything under the sun.
3- You'll be eating fresh rice if you regularly maintain your stash with fifo
4- Don't prep. We're already over populated.

Attached: beans-rice.jpg (1200x787, 175K)

Or just live in an out of the way spot where people aren't going to bother going.

Exactly. Everyone should have supplies on hand to survive 7 days minimum. Natural disasters do happen - just look at New Orleans - and help might take some time to arrive. I'm no prepper but I'm not ashamed to be prepared for freak weather events / natural disasters interrupting the supply chain.

Its harder to get carbs from protein than eating straight up pasta. Carbs are necessary for energy in survival situations. The more carbs the better.

Not him, but probably meant freeze dried

carbs are necessary to stay alive if you don't have much to work with

Prepping is the last stand of implicit white American identity.

Food doesn’t grow, moran, you buy it from the store.

Hahahaha! I love you man.

Protein is more important if there's a physical aspect to it (like needing to run or fight) and fat has a higher caloric value per gram.
Ideally, you want all three, but if you can only get two, always choose protein and fat.

My SHTF prep kit:
My AR-10 and the addresses of the 3 nearest preppers.

Wouldn't you waste a ton of water cooking those beans?

user its not that expensive to stockpile enough food and water for 6 months. A few hundred is fine.

spam is unhealthy in a normal daily conditions but a can of spam to a starving person is very healthy. Take Africa for example, in America fried chicken is consider unhealthy because its full of fat, protein carbs and salt/minerals but feed that to a starving African i bet they'd love it because its everything they need to survive

Boomers just let you roam around their homes inspecting their prep stashes? I think you're shitting me.

Attached: jim.jpg (819x621, 105K)

what about toilet paper?

Sauce on that pic?

Not cringy at all. Thats a nice soup can shelf.

Thats why they also stockpile guns and ammo.

anybody who preps like OPs pic is a boomer

I live in South Florida. If you live here and don't prep to some degree, you are actually retarded

Checked

>being prepared is a meme
Fuck I hate this generation.

Attached: 14804845618831.jpg (430x515, 129K)

And plate carriers and gas masks/filters and...

Lol poor people make me laugh.
Thx guy.

The preppers in Venezuela are laughing at you now.

in Germany we had 2 days blackout in one area of Berlin and a case of colored tap water for 2 days (because of some chemical accident) which wasn't safe to drink and the supermarkets looked like pic related

Attached: 1,w=993,q=high,c=0.bild.jpg (993x559, 84K)

I dont see anything wrong with people who prepare for a disaster. People who have tin-foil hat ideologies and constantly prepare to the point where it interferes with their mental health, family, relationships is what I don’t agree with. Either way, they’re doing them and not hurting me so i don’t care really.

>why do these peoples spend tens of thousands of dollars
That’s about $400 worth, are you sure you’re not Canadian?

Only a handful of those items (bleach, peroxide) actually look prepping vs bulk shopping

You're literally retarded those buckets of grain would cost like $100. It won't go bad for over 20 years, so what's wrong with storing extra grain?

if you don't want to ever eat it, throw it out. what's $100? what would you spend $100 on? or are you a total poor fag that thinks $100 is a lot of money.

>a pack of hungry negroes finds your house
>they kill you and eat
Woah man, nice plan.

I suggest 2 weeks at least. A month is optimal. Got to give military or the dreaded FEMA time to react to an emergency. If it is Mad Max scenario, I am joining some raiders and going down shooting.