Materialism

Is Jow Forums materialistic?

I have money to buy expensive shit, but I never do, because I don’t feel any kind of pull towards buying fancy shit.

I don’t have a high paying job or anything, but I have ~50k in the bank, and no debt. I find myself contributing a lot to my retirement fund because because otherwise I’d probably end up with too much cash. But at the same time I feel like that retirement fund is kind of pointless because I’ll be too old to give a shit by the time I can use it.

I just don’t feel like buying a BMW or spending 1000s of dollars on designer clothing or designer watches, shoes etc or whatever will do anything for me, I would feel like an imposter wearing fancy expensive shit, I would feel like I’m pretending to be someone I’m not.

Is this just my personal autism kicking in or something else? I sometimes think it might be child trauma from watching my parents stress living week to week with no savings, I always remember telling myself I’d never end up like them living week to week with no savings, that shit is stressful as fuck. But I can’t help feel like I’m being too autistic about it, it’s at a point where I’m afraid of any woman coming along and her having bad spending habits, infact I don’t want to be with any woman that has shitty spending habits and debt, which is basically 99% of women now.

I feel like maybe I’m missing out of life and experiences by having this fear of not having a load of money saved away.

Attached: BA130883-DA1A-4CF3-B0AD-079656AEB6D9.jpg (226x223, 10K)

Im not at all
I really wish to live in a comfy village. I hate this life

Attached: 1536618461130.png (495x433, 19K)

Desu just need a comfy home and furniture. Gaming PC as well

>s this just my personal autism kicking in or something else? I sometimes think it might be child trauma from watching my parents stress living week to week with no savings, I always remember telling myself I’d never end up like them living week to week with no savings, that shit is stressful as fuck.
Yes, money for the average person is there to shield you from danger, or acquire a set and certain task that would otherwise be impossible to reach.

Unless you become a true trader and use money itself as the commodity to invest: stocks, real estate, company start up.

>falling for the gaming Jew

I just need a comfy small home in a good area and a decent laptop

I bought a 9900k/2080ti a few months ago

I don’t play anywhere near as much video games as I once did, just playing Apex right now.

I bought a home gym, power cage, power bar, deadlift bar, bench and enough plates for 1/2/3/4.

Home gym and decent PC is all I really have spent any amount of decent money on. I probably won’t ever buy another PC again though as I’ve lost a lot of interest in gaming overall and definitely don’t need high end specs anymore.

If you don't get involved with women/children you don't need much.

A small 1 bedroom condo, a reliable car... clothes... food.. utilities.. wifi...

What's the point of anything else?

perhaps things that have utility? I have a nice bike... But i want to ride the bike! I dont need 1000 dollar shirt.. what a waste... I will have a 1000 dollar bike, though

I don’t actively avoid women but I’m a Manlet and don’t have a high status job so my dating pool is extremely tiny, tiny to the point where the women I can get I am disgusted by and therefore don’t really bother putting much energy into that area of life.

I’m only 5’7 but I’m fit and active, so I want at least a thin woman, but they’re rare, now if you combine the rarity of thin women with my already smaller dating pool, yeah, you can probably see what things are fairly hopeless in that regard. I don’t want to have a fat inactive woman in my life.

Use it to help people then faggot

materialism is a metaphysical term, it does not refer to items of material value. you'll find most of the terms you use that immediately conjure programmed connotations have absolutely no basis in historical thought. other examples are words like nation, racism, and liberty. look into the etymology of these words and you'll see the programmed responses that come to your mind when you see them are merely decades-old inventions of kike media. please stop using words like whores. in the beginning, there was the word, the logos; words have self-contained rhetorical power that can shape reality itself. you are part of the problem. and nice blogpost wagie.

Attached: 2323383883.png (808x805, 787K)

Makes sense to me. Women would just deplete your finances anyway - eating out constantly, demand for useless vacations or weekends away, frivolous spending on cosmetics, etc.

>Apex "easy anticheat"

First game I played I was killed by someone who shot me through a box. Then they killed my entire squad. So yeah, videogames are pointless because you're always playing against cheaters these days no matter what game you play.

If you're not playing against cheaters, you're playing against algorithmic odds designed to manipulate you emotionally into buying shit.

I’ve been considering just going around the city and buying homeless people food and clothes, but I don’t know if that would really do anything.

If it’s some druggy or drunk, they’re arent going to appreciate it, if they have mental health issues they probably wont accept it, feels like it would be hard to find any genuine homeless that would appreciate it

So what, you're not stupid. What do you want, a cookie and travel?

I don’t know about that. I’ve won probably 15% of my games so far all just playing solo, better than my 3-5% win ratio on other BRs

yeah you can't play solo so wtf u talking about.

Solo as in solo queuing and playing with fandoms. IE: not try Harding with a group of 2 friends.

Randoms*

Well, either way, once you get to the higher tiers, you're going to find out that the "random" drops aren't so random after all.

Not even the slightest , sadly.

How old are you? My wife and I moved a year and a half ago and I packed all my belongings easily because I don’t have much. I don’t really buy much. Mainly go to the gym or attempt to visit nature

It's definitely from your childhood. But 50k? You can spend that in under 5 seconds.