Gf has zero emotional fortitude

She breaks down in tears at least twice a day over the most minor stuff, like briefly misplacing her keys or getting a belt loop caught on a door handle.

It's absolutely insane. I assume it's some kind of anxiety or hormonal issue but it has neither gone away nor got worse in the year we've been dating. She can't even cook because it's too many things to juggle at once without ending up sobbing on the floor.

I'm seriously considering leaving her over this. Does that make me a dick? What do? She's not on any kind of birth control so that shouldn't be messing with her hormones or anything. It's just driving me insane because I'm not an emotional guy and I don't deal well with emotional displays.

Today she broke down in tears over the frustration of standing on a sharp pebble in the yard and how "shit like this always happens to me" like it's the biggest inconvenience in the world.

Attached: nani.jpg (601x352, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wQm7wRA28PA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you talked about this with her? She should see a doctor.

>am I an asshole because I don't want to deal with someone else's shit

Yeah, that's not normal. Sounds like she has massive selfesteem issues or maybe she is hiding a lot of problems. How old is she? Are her parents aware of this? What does she say when you talk to her about it?

My gf is not quite like yours, but she too has more moments than I'd like to. But in her case, she has a lot of stress from her environment.

I'm dealing with this to a lesser extent
>gf cries all the time because of previous abusive bf
>dont want to leave because not sure if i can do better rn
>anti-depressants out the ass
>doesnt see a therapist because "lol im so lazy"
i always kinda assumed it was just a girl thing

I know it's bad but I haven't talked to her about it. We've only just started living together a month ago though (private lease and I know the owner, pretty sure I can get out of it if we do break up) and that's when it really started to bother me. Before this I knew she'd cry over everything but it wasn't my problem to pat her on the shoulder per se. I suppose I should say something but I predict it will only end in tears before I've even got a sentence out.

What should I say?
>babe I've noticed that you get upset and frustrated easily and I wonder if you should ask your doctor to run some blood tests
?

>deal with someone else's shit

If she was actually dealing with shit though, any problem that was even remotely real, I wouldn't have a problem helping her deal. My favourite recent example was that a couple of days after moving in she had a two hour melt down after discovering we needed to buy some pantry items like flour and spices which she'd never had to buy before due to living with her family. She doesn't even cook, I needed them to bake some stuff for a work event, and she was the one getting hysterical over it. I didn't even ask her to go buy those things, just remarked that I needed to because we'd forgotten all about it when we bought food a few days prior.

She's 22 and I can only assume her parents are aware of it. She was living with them until we moved in together and I'd spent plenty of time over there and witnessed melt downs with all of them present. None of them even batted an eyelid which speaks volumes to me about how much of a habit it is.

I don't know that she has self esteem issues as such or even environmental stress. She passed university successfully though I'd hate to have seen what she was like around exam periods, and currently works an easy retail job about 30 hours a week and spends 5-10 hours a week making jewelry for an etsy business she runs, which does surprisingly well really.

She's also far from being stupid and I feel like SHE should have figured out that it wasn't normal and done something about it by now. I complained of a mild abdominal pain months and months ago and she all but tied my hands and feet to take me to the ER for scans.

Sounds like a habit since youth nobody bothered to correct. Your final line about ER makes me suspect she has anxiety issues and uses crying as coping mechanism. I am sorry, but you are going to have to talk to her about it in a gentle way. "Hey, we have been dating about a year now and I noticed you cry a lot. Is something bothering you?" Take it from there. Also, ask the parents what's up with that without your gf present.

I think this is good advice, especially the bit about talking directly to her and also asking her parents for advice.

Yeah you're right. I've been avoiding talking to her since we moved in because I'm bad with handling her when she's upset. She's bright and bubbly at all other times which I love but as soon as the tears come out my empathy fades to nothing, and its worse for her now that I've seen how minor her problems are.

I'll talk to her parents first.

>I'm seriously considering leaving her over this.
>I know it's bad but I haven't talked to her about it.
>She's also far from being stupid and I feel like SHE should have figured out that it wasn't normal and done something about it by now. I complained of a mild abdominal pain months and months ago and she all but tied my hands and feet to take me to the ER for scans.

Sorry, but you really seem stupidly selfish about this.
Breaking up with someone because you can't handle their mental issues is fine imo, but if you haven't even addressed, aren't concerned that her family gives her no help, show no concern for it until it starts impacting your life, and outright expect her to take care of herself not in spite of but BECAUSE of the fact that she's looked out for you... I mean, jesus christ.

>>dont want to leave because not sure if i can do better rn
Oh fuck off

Run the fuck away.
Trust me, leave while you still can!

>but as soon as the tears come out my empathy fades to nothing
It sounds like you're as fucked up as she is, that's the opposite of what seeing someone cry is supposed to make you feel.

>dont want to leave because not sure if i can do better rn

That's a Yikes from me

You know what happens if you cry wolf too often?

People build a wall to keep the wolves out

youtube.com/watch?v=wQm7wRA28PA

>Those silly Arizonians are just pretending there's a ton of brown people overloading public infrastructure without paying taxes.

Stay in your containment board, Jow Forumstard

Sounds like my ex.

Did the long distance thing for a year, then moved in with her. Turned out what I thought was mild emotional stuff was a full-on deep depression, which I didn't realized until I was with her on a daily basis.

Tried to trudge through the constant walking on egg-shell sensation and be supportive.
Basically, we eventually found a medication that helped her get more balanced. But guess what, once she was balanced, she realized she didn't need me as much anymore and we eventually broke up. Hilarious.

So yah, I'm guessing she has some kind of clinical depression. But solving that may not solve your relationship situation with her. In the end, I suggest preparing at least for the possibility of a breakup. But hopefully your situation works out better than what happened to me.

I know it must sound selfish to say that I haven't tried to address it with her but am ready to break up anyway, but in my defence I want to say that any kind of serious conversation leads to tears within minutes. And before you rush to tell me that I just handle her poorly, I've tried coming at these things from all the angles I can think of, and always she reads between the lines and concludes I don't love her or something equally as drastic. You can't even have a hard conversation with her because she devolves into tears and the convo gets shelved by it. I'd call it emotional blackmail except for the fact that she's so prone to tears that I'm pretty sure it's one in the same problem.

I will talk to her about it this week because my patience has worn too thin to let it go on much longer.

I've got my own shit, same as everybody else. I'm not a psychopath or an edge lord I just don't tend to have much patience for people being emotional, especially in my gf's case where she's breaking down over stubbed toes and stuff that wouldn't even register as a minor inconvenience for anyone else.

Thinking about it I'd say the real rub here is that on the emotion spectrum she and I fall at opposite ends.