I flunked out of college and I feel like a total failure and I have no idea what to do...

I flunked out of college and I feel like a total failure and I have no idea what to do. My major was Computer Engineering, I didn't realize how difficult it was or I guess I'm too dumb. My parents paid $15k and they are screaming at me and calling me a dumbass. I'm going to be kicked out of my dorm soon. I have no idea what to do. I have no money, home, only a part time $8 hr job. and I dont know what to do in the future. Should I reapply for next year and take out a loan but study something easier like Education or Nursing? Should I give up on college and work minimum wage forever?

Attached: 1548089445647.jpg (1200x1200, 237K)

Oh, a new pasta. I leik.

You need to realize why you failed (did you go to class , seek help , fall behind in your workload ) and then talk to the dean and advisor about applying for re admissions into something . If you can’t bring yourself to study enough find something easier or wait a bit and work and start class part time maybe

Don’t re apply till you fix your study habits though or you will waste more money . Maybe see if you have a learning disability like dsylexia or something.

You're either too dumb, too lazy, or some combination of both. Find some way to make money without college. Should be possible. For fuck's sake there are dumb as shit wetbacks here in Texas that own landscaping businesses making more than investment bankers.

Attached: 1515360157793.jpg (793x1024, 192K)

Well, here's what I did when things went to shit in '08. Get a Hostelling International membership, and look for a gig at any HI hostel in a city you like. Work for room and board 4-5 hours a day 5-6 days a week, drive for Uber and do online surveys while learning another skill. You'll have just enough free time to network and will always be meeting new people, also there will be enough down time to start picking up a new skill. Construction is rough on the back but a good start. Also check out plumbing and electrician apprenticeships - some pay quite nice, although it's dirty work you'll enjoy it. The loans won't go anywhere and your boomer parents will be pissy, but it's your life...not theirs. Live it.

Not a pasta i wish i was memeing
The content got very abstract and difficult and I would study until midnight and barely pass/fail. I didnt realize how hard engineering is and that it has a 50% drop out rate. Should I switch to an easier major? Or do a trade?

There is no solid plan that's going to work. Find what you like and make it happen...also check out wwoofing if the hostel/travel thing scares you. Free room board, and a LOT of downtime to improve yourself in the meantime.

GO FOR A TRADE JOB

I am also in computer engineering. What class were you really having trouble with?

i didnt go to college, didn’t go to trade school. turning 21 this year and making almost 60k salary. school isn’t a necessity, you just have to find your way

Maybe you need tutoring and or change in a way you study . I know engineering classes all have shit grades that are curved but still .

If you good enough entrance exam scores to get admitted to engineering you should be able to hack it.

If you are contemplating a degree change or career change then maybe you should really think about why you wanted to study this field in the first place.

Maybe consider something that will allow you to take most pre reqs that all majors need so you can decide later after you recalibrate

I'm going to assume you are being honest. doomer is a choice. You live a life that is not healthy and you continue your habits without fail. You have to actually change something. I flunked out after two years, then enrolled in community college. It is very cheap (like $3000). Do not take a semester off, you will never be more ready than you are now. Adjust your goals, aim for a 2 year degree in IT or some bullshit that you can actually use to market yourself. If you really don't want to go to school for a degree, go be an electrician or a welder. I know tons of people who went to a 8 month trade school and make a livable wage. If you are an able body don't shy away from physical labor, even if only temporary it will make you a better man.

>admitted to engineering
Found the H1B Pajeet. You get admitted to a college you can choose any major you like.

You're being too hard on yourself. Getting an engineering degree is difficult. My son is the only one still in engineering while all of his friends switched to a different major, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Switch majors or go to a trade school.

It's not suppose to be easy user, if you're pic related then you just need to fix yourself before you re-apply yourself. I had the same issue my 3rd year in ME, I got drunk, played vidya, shitposted on this site for an entire year and ahalf, blew through 2 semesters and a summer semester with D's, F's and maybe a C or B. I took a semester to get my shit together, then continued on. IF you aren't one of those super autists with super fuck learning abilities, you need to apply yourself better.

Attached: 2fc2mdhz2kpy.jpg (640x640, 95K)

I meant to say your pic related pic.

I went into nursing as a backup but found out that working nightshifts driving around to people's homes I make double of what I would earn working normal morning/evening shift. Or get any nightshift you can. You work less for more pay usually which means you can have time to study on the side.

>$8/hr
Is this legal in U.S.?

$7.25 is legal

Attached: 1434849842647.jpg (487x451, 24K)

This... 1000x this. Learn to weld. A decent tig welder can make good money because it is a skill most welders don't take time to learn. Even just learning to mig weld will open up opportunities in various jobs.

Anyone that says "this...1000x this!" is a faggot regardless of what is said

Point taken, but I'm just trying to give some advice to someone who is obviously close to killing themselves.

I dropped out halfway through chemical engineering, but the difference is I wasn't paying for college.

>The content got very abstract and difficult and I would study until midnight and barely pass/fail.
This was also why I dropped out, I couldn't even find the energy to study. Currently I'm getting a different degree but again, because I'm not paying for it.

>Should I switch to an easier major? Or do a trade?
Depends on your interests and your options. I worked four months as a carpenter. Trades are hard work but if you can produce, you'll make money.

Good luck OP

1000x this!

this...1000x this

Haha, well I got my education and still feel like a failure.

If you have somewhat the capacity for Computer Engineering, then you should look into Electrical Engineering or simply an Electrician apprenticeship. Trades make a shit ton more money per hour on average, and have significantly less debt than meme colleges. Plus you'll just be outcompeted by India in the private sector.

That, or join the Air Force and get lots of long term benefits

Yikes. That pic hit WAY too close to home. I’m literally drinking pbr and smoking while I type this. Coincidentally I suppose years ago seeing a pic I related to on Jow Forums like that would have made me feel not alone or something, but honestly at this point it just makes me sad that anybody else lives like this

Attached: 824F0F6C-3395-4F74-B8A9-3DF94F799BE5.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Get a trade certificate I got one in 9 months and bam $25/he starting

Cut your losses.
I finished with a BA.
I work in a factory.
If I'd skipped college, I'd be making several dollars an hour more now.

Failing to be a successful college graduate like my high school counselor told me I would be was hard.
Know what helped?
Reading the bible and getting right with Jesus.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1066, 957K)

Trade school or medical/dental tech. It's a fair wage, it's not a lot of time in school, and most importantly abundant jobs.

You got this OP. There are options.

what trade?

first step is to give a shit user, realize that this was one of the best wakeup calls a person can receive. if you can find a better paying job. focus on what you want to do and work towards it. if its going back to school to get a degree then do it on *your* own accord. save money and sustain yourself. im not going to lie it will be very difficult just live like slave and you will be fine. stop sucking off the tit of your parents money and grow up. stop giving a shit what people think and understand what you did wrong and grow from it. its your fault this happend now grow from this, dont wast this chance for success.

Attached: 1546272268964.jpg (640x640, 53K)

>first step is to give a shit user
this, life is real, dont go through it larping

First year is the easiest year. You didn't even have to commute. Can't believe you flunked, you really are a brainlet. Kys.

No Find something productive you like to do, develop yourself in it through self education, build your resume, apply for the jobs asking for said skills, and rebuild your life

I graduated university, but I had a psychotic break and killed my mom. So yeah life can get pretty fucking shit even if you "succeed".

I'm a TIG welder.
Don't do it, the system is broken, at least in the US.
Go weld in a Country that treats workers well.
The US uses a wageslave system and most of your labor goes to Israel and Zionist goals.
Also you most likely will never retire working in the US as a welder.
I'm probably moving to Vietnam soon. TIG is easy to learn. Just practice deep breathing and if you have hand tremors take iron supplements and never jack off. Those are the keys to being a good welder.
Also grow a beard.

>life is real
No. Most of life is thinking or sleeping.
While you sleep, you don't live. Whatever you think, it's not real. And what else you do besides doesn't matter.

What's your story user?

Holy fuck...erg...I need to fight this.