Counterpoints?

Any counterpoints to this? Cos being a wizard with no friends I can't really think of any.

Attached: 1546336045943.jpg (1462x2615, 942K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/love-or-hate-exercise-it-may-be-in-your-genes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The thing is, everything he posted is 'correct' in that it is rationally accurate.
The problem with it is that if you have this nihilistic mindset it can go 2 ways.
You can have a 'nothing matters so lets kill it' attitude.
Or you can have a 'nothing matters so I'm going to be a whining little child about it' attitude.
Now, you and your wizard powers can tell me which one is preferred.
Because you can have a preferance.

Jesus man that's way too long of a bitch fest. It's wrong on principle.

People make friends all sorts of ways. Coming up with excuses not to take advice people give you is just another symptom of an excuse ridden life where you make excuses for everything you don't do.. don't work out? make an excuse. skip a social function, make an excuse. fear rejection or judgement from other people for talking to them, excuse.

That's the counterpoint. If you don't like your life then change it. If changing it seems like too much work then your life isn't bad or uncomfortable enough for you to want to change it.

It's really that simple.

>it's easy for normal people to workout and it's hard for me

Bullshit. It's hard for everyone. The difference between someone that doesn't work out and someone that does is the level of little pussy bitch they are that like to stay comfortable and mushy alone on a couch and can't force themselves to do something hard.

Every person that works out regularly and is fit has a complex story of overcoming obstacles and pushing through unmotivated thinking repeatedly until the unmotivated mindset goes away completely.

It's not extra hard for anybody to work out. If they think that it's because they're being a pussy and way too narcissistic to realize the struggle each and every other person goes through when it comes to exercise.

>You can have a 'nothing matters so lets kill it' attitude.
Kill what?

themselves

What about the support group motif in the text? Do you have anything to say about that? I feel like that's central to everything in the text and life.

I really don't hear of any "success" stories on Jow Forums where people escape wizardhood and gaining friends and/or a significant other.

You seriously expect anyone to read that wall of text? Especially when it's just Elliot's manifesto 2.0?

>Especially when it's just Elliot's manifesto 2.0?
Except it's not? There's no hate in the wall of text like Rodger's manifesto. Please read it and tell me what you think.

Give a tl;dr. It's way too long.

Come on man, I got nothing else to do and no one else to show it too. (I think there's a part about that too in the text.)

Churches are great for support. There's literally no shortage of ways to find support in life.

The whole post is a fallacy - an argument from ignorance. The "bitterness" over normal people comes from vastly underestimating other people's struggles while vastly overestimating ones own.

It's a "true" struggle when it's me going through it but it's "fake/not as bad" when it's someone else.

I woke up early this morning in CO, it was -3 degrees F, snow on the ground - and I ran for 3 miles. If anyone in the world wants to tell me that didn't suck and I didn't hate it they're wrong. It was miserable. After 2 minutes it was all I could do to keep myself from running home and being warm and comfortable, back in bed.

I did it anyway, mostly because experience has taught me if I don't do it I feel like a lazy asshole who is overblowing my own problems and making excuses, and because experience has taught me that when I DO force myself to do it I feel free, my posture and energy is better, I feel accomplished first thing in the morning and it sets my day up.

Now I had to figure those feelings out on my own. It still wasn't fun and it wasn't "auto-pilot." And nobody supported me or was there to fall back on if I failed. It was just me, myself, and I.

That's just one topic. You don't have to be like me to be successful but I was unfit and unhealthy 6 months ago and I decided to fix it. Nobody congratulated me, nobody was home giving me a round of applause whenever I got home from a run/working out. The support system was myself.

As far as social interaction and contact - going to a church, even if you don't believe, is a good and open community, full of support for people. Going to group yoga classes, literally going to support groups, quitting drinking and going to AA. Adults do shit all the time that forces themselves into social environments. When they don't, it's because they've made the excuse to stay at home in bed.

Adding: The reason you don't hear success stories is because they aren't on Jow Forums bitching anymore - they're happier. Tons of people on Jow Forums have shared success stories.

The problems of not being able to socially interact (unless actually diagnosed with autism) are an illusion. It's hard for a lot of people. I'm super introverted and most interactions with people make me anxious and uncomfortable. But just like forcing myself to run every day I force myself to socially interact and as a result I have people around. It sometimes seems fake, or the relationships aren't authentic, but that's because, in my experience, I'm not being authentic within the relationship with the other person.

The insecurities, the difficulties, the struggle, the existential panic exists within all of us - most people, especially the "normal, successful" ones just don't talk about it all the time. It's still just below the surface. If you get to know a few people you'll realize I'm right.

As a person that is exactly how that guy wrote there, I completely agree with everything.
There is no way out of this unless you get very lucky or something random happens that changes your life dramatically.

>As a person that is exactly how that guy wrote there
It's uncanny how perfectly they described you (and me) and the situation isn't it?

Try DMT that'll shake things up and probably drastically alter your life.

I agree with most points, but I'll still keep trying for a few more years because I just wanna see if anything happens. In 2018, I tried all the meme shit, writing to people first, cold approaching and guess what, nothing happened and I spent the new year's alone in my room, but I'm still glad I tried new things and I'll go harder in 2019. Maybe 2020 is when I'll end it if nothing positive happens.

Shit I'm "normal" and I hate interacting with people. I'd prefer never to. What are y'all complaining about?

Tldr: I'm a big baby who thinks he suffers unfairly in life compared to other people and it ISN'T his fault.

I think this is quite common for most fas. There are very few differences between these kind of people.

What do you mean?

It isn't as simple as just going outside and talking to people. It's really about learning to respect yourself enough to let yourself try making friends in spite of if you look autistic/weird/creepy because you are a human being and 99% of humans need friends. If nobody will like you at least you can honestly say to yourself you really tried. Does it really matter if you embarrass yourself? What is worse embarrassing yourself or killing yourself? Also we all know "normies" don't really understand but does it matter if they understand? Isn't it enough if you understand it? Of course we want friends and people who like us but if you can't tell yourself you are struggling without someone else to validate it you will never be happy because nobody really understand what you are feeling. I guess what I am trying to say is stop giving a fuck what other people think and just do what you need to in order to find friends/family.

As a future wizard with a few friends, I don't really have any counterpoints either.

Getting someone to help you will get him or her closer to you if they do it.

You feel closer to people you help than to people who help you.

To try to make friends or aquaintances, getting drinks and playing games can work. You should have very low expectations as a lot of people are fake and a friendship can take years of almost daily contact to build.

If you want to go to parties, ask the guys who go to ask the organizer to invite you, or the organizer, and bring doritos, beer cake or whatever. Do not be guilty for being shy or introvert, as long as you look clean with clean clothes.

I actually agree that getting advice is overrated. Usually people know what they should do if they think about it for a bit but they need confirmation from others.
The pic in the OP is a different thing though, it's just a total blackpill. Follow it if you don't actually want to solve anything.

Yes, it's fucking hard. The first time I asked a girl out I woke op nauseous for two weeks and was constantly stressed out. The first time I went to the gym I felt like somewhat of an idiot and I looked ridiculous at times. Improving myself took lots of time and effort and I'm still not where I want to be but I've definitely improved. So yeah it's hard but it can be done.

>notes from the underground
imagine how broken someone must be to actually relate and go down the same road as that guy
I mean holy shit talk about not getting the point of a book

It does raise good points how most people, even therapist, are totally ignorant of social anxiety but the message that it's hopeless is not true.

You can't just wait around expecting something to change. You can't expect other people to magically show up and fix your life. If you want something in life you have to make it happen.

Towards the end of that pic you can tell that this guy just refuses to change. He might not realize it, but he likes feeling like crap. Emotions can be addictive, even sadness.

Attached: b0woalokcas11.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

>blackpill
I don't think this has anything to with red/blue pill shit..

That's just the first half, why didn't you post the rest?

Part of the success is leaving toxic echo chambers like Jow Forums behind. That way, your success is bracketed by your deeds, and it's not like a druggie who 'just does it on weekends now.' When people leave a detrimental lifestyle behind, they tend to leave it ALL behind if they know what's good.

Look, if you get your examples from Jow Forums the overwhelming majority will be negative. Jow Forums has always, and probably will always espouse the worst point of view simply because it's easier for everyone to bandwagon it. Coming out and making points, for instance against that OP picture, usually just results in being nay-sayed by the masses, who drown out any reason.

If you take anything from Jow Forums then do so with a generous helping of salt, because goodness knows A) you're not getting their full story and B) people are wont to be total assholes behind anonymity, reflecting nothing of their personal bearings.

There's a second part?

>When people leave a detrimental lifestyle behind, they tend to leave it ALL behind if they know what's good.

Great so I need to format my history and identity completly. This is unrealistic and actually not doable

If I leave Jow Forums behind, I will be completely alone. This is literally my last remaining place of human interaction.

>Great so I need to format my history and identity completly. This is unrealistic and actually not doable
It is entirely realistic and entirely doable but its also lengthy and difficult. This is not to say that you will execute it flawlessly on the first try, that you won't make mistakes and that it won't be the most difficult thing you've ever done. Your identity is not just something you're born with, user. An identity is a collection of habits, traits, desires and, last but not lease, intent. You are capable of doing whatever it is you want. Don't trick yourself into thinking that because something is difficult or deeply rooted that its impossible to overcome. It isn't. People do it all the time. Either apply yourself and dedicate yourself to retooling your life and habits or keep making excuses and fail. Choice is yours.

No it's not, you aren't interacting with humans here.

It's something though. Even if they aren't human, where else can I get interaction of some intelligence?

Any sports club, group or oranization you can join in your region

It's that simple? As a person with no accomplishments and a(n almost) wizard?

how would you react is a person who is usually have a kinda heart has a sexual act rumor and when you approached that person she confirmed it to be true. what would you do?

Get out of the thread.

>"You're depressed? You just got learn to deal with it. If you can't, get therapy or medication.

That is completely true and I'm going to tell you why.

It's not your fault if you're depressed. But it's your responsibility.

If you don't take responsibility for your problems in your life, and instead focus on the severity of the problem; convincing yourself it will never be dealt with for the rest of your life, then don't act surprised or outraged to the rest of us when you end up bitter, miserable, and unfulfilled.

This is what I hated about boards like Jow Forums and why I left for months. Almost everyone plays the fucking victim about being a loner, being autistic, ugly, whatever label they came up. All the fucking threads about people saying they want to commit suicide, or "what's the best way to end it all?"

When your car breaks down, you take it to a fucking mechanic; save up money if you can't afford it for repairs, hitch a ride with someone else, ride the bus or take a bike ride... you don't just sit in that broken down car for the rest of your fucking life, you get out and fucking handle it. It's the same with depression. It's the same with rejection, trauma, death of a loved one, abuse...you fucking name it.

TL;DR: The only way to solve your problems is to actually get off your ass and do something about it; including depression.

Attached: fuckoff.png (502x378, 326K)

The black pill is absolute nihilism after having given up on everything.

People who think they're fucked and don't do anything about it are just fulfilling their beliefs.

>Bullshit. It's hard for everyone.
I mean not really. Most people who are hardcore into bodybuilding will tell you that going to the gym is the highlight of their day. Whether or not exercise triggers dopamine release in your brain is mostly up to genetics.
cbsnews.com/news/love-or-hate-exercise-it-may-be-in-your-genes

This is coming from someone who loves exercising.

Exactly. And even if you really are fucked in some way, what good does it do just whining to other people about it?

>Does it really matter if you embarrass yourself?
It realistically doesn't matter, but it's not like you can just turn off an emotion. We're not robots that can simply flip a switch and stop feeling a negative emotion entirely. If that were possible then life would be extremely easy, but it's not possible.

If someone were to hypothetically get punched in the face every time they tried to talk to someone, their brain would automatically start to associate human interaction with pain. This is how outcasts are made. They've experienced hundreds of negative human interactions and this has hard programmed their brain to be fearful of humans. You can't just tell these people to flip a switch and stop being afraid after they've been taught their whole life to be afraid.

Everything he says is correct, but so what?

If you listen to him, and you agree that you're just cursed and that it's pointless to have faith in your ability to overcome, you will get precisely NOWHERE.

He keeps using an analogy pointing towards homeless people, whose material poverty is metaphorical for a virgin loser's social poverty.

You can explain until the cows come home all the myriad different ways that homeless man is fucked, but no matter how accurately you've defined his plight, you have no HELPED him. What use is there to that homeless man to know how fucked he is? What he needs is something that will pull him forward. Because it is possible. Just because your failure is likely does not mean you shouldn't at least fucking TRY.

The whole essay is basically just a long rationalization for giving. It's his version of curling up in a ball and crying, expressed in a way that helps him avoid shame.

Nothing he says is wrong, but there's more to the story than just doom and gloom. There's always a way out, just because it's harder for some does not mean it's impossible, and just because it's a hard, uncomfortable road does not mean it is a path that is not worth walking.

The writer of that is a weak faggot. Ironically, his response to that insult would likely be something like "Well, if I'm a weak faggot than I can't be anything but a weak faggot because a weak faggot would obviously have a hard time not being a weak faggot."

You see the circular helplessness of this bullshit? He's using the problem as a justification for not going after an answer.

>"My car breaks down, so I need to fix it. But I can't drive my car to a garage because it's broken, so I won't get it fixed."

THAT'S RETARDED, FIND A WAY.

This is me, minus the excuses, I know I’m stupid and lazy for not working on my self esteem.
I have a doctor appointment in a couple of hours, was gonna ask if she could set me up for therapy, but I would just be doing it for others and not myself. I’m cool with wanting to kill myself a few times a year because I’ll never do it, and eventually maybe I’ll be so ashamed of myself that I don’t want to kill myself for attention but for real and then I’ll gain momentum and learn to beat my own brain.

This.

And the kicker is that they literally do think it's all just luck, they don't see the wider context that goes into this experiences.

How the hell do you think "luck" happens? How do you think opportunities come?

The answer is, it all comes to the person who is available. For example, take the man who catches a massive fish, and is known to all as a master fisherman. Well, the truth is that the fish could have came to anyone who was out on the seas that day. So why is this guy known as a master fisherman for catching the biggest fish when it was merely "luck" that brought that fish to him?

He caught that fish because he went out there every day for 20 fucking years, that's why. He didn't just head out there once and find the biggest fish, because that shit is unlikely. Possible, but stupid to bank on. The biggest fish didn't just slither up his fucking doortsep one day and climb onto his kitchen table either. He went out there looking for it. And the more time he spent doing that, the more he increased his chances.

Even that being the case, some youngster could have sailed out and caught that fish in one day, on his very first try. Luck as well, yes. But there will always be more old fishermen catching big fish than young fishermen, because the old masters have all put more time in.

You want to meet some waifu who is going to make you feel fulfilled and like your life has meaning? She's not just going to walk into your house and fuck you one day. You have to be available, and you might have to be available for a long time. But she's never going to find you if you just lurk indoors all day stroking your dick in your desperation to squeeze some dopamine out of your brain.

A guy who is happy and fulfilled may have a wealth of "lucky" experiences making him feel that way, but only because he went outside with an open mind and was receptive to these experiences when they appeared. He went out, he looked, he noticed. Nothing you've done.

Join the local militia firemen, join a judo or bjj dojo and bam, 4 out of 7 evenings a week you're doing fun stuff with some guys. It takes 2-3 years to acclimatize from being antisocial but then you're set

Yes, here you go:

Attached: 1544646190244.jpg (807x5318, 994K)

Wow, it's even more soul-crushing than the first part.

It's in the hopes that someone can understand.

>basically the starving african analogy
He addresses this in the text.

being Jow Forums has no downsides

I don't care for the rest of the screencap but you need to go read the Jow Forums sticky and start following it.

>be me
>diagnosed with autism at three years old as I still wasn't speaking
>didn't speak in full sentences until I was six
>special schools
>very few high functioning students meant my education was neglected
>still made friends with them because when you're a tard you don't judge other tards as lesser
>all I ever wanted was to have a normal life, and the fact this was out of reach made me depressed and angry
>add bipolar disorder to the list
>can't deal so begin abusing designer drugs
>have experiences where I lose all semantic memory: everything in the world becomes nonsensical, just pure motion and geometry without meaning
>experiences where I do things without ever being aware of what i'm doing
>even after I'm forced to withdraw from the drugs still have these blackouts.
>after being clean for a year begin believing I'm the second coming of Christ
>think god is communicating with me through TV and radio
>add schizophrenia to the list
>every moment of lucidity I have becomes dedicated to trying to just have a normal life
>nobody will hire me so i'm forced to make money as a freelancer, copywriting.
>find a psychiatrist who cares enough to really try and help me improve rather than just manage my symptoms
>we find a good combination of medications: phenelzine and quetiapine
>since my functioning is improved I immediately begin volunteering and participating in the community.
>yes, I do talk to strangers to improve my social skills. When you've been a 'retard' most of your life you stop caring about how you appear to others.
>currently attending university to become, appropriately enough, a special education teacher.

So, what's this guys excuse?

well, actually, they appear to have a lot of them, but that's the point. How is anyone going to help you if, instead of accepting their help, you get bitter about the fact you need it?

A person like that reads my story and concludes I was lucky to have been born mentally handicapped because of where I am now.

Post limit, but I have a few more things to say.

I developed a lot friends organically, that's true, but I would bet my life that they're the kind of friends that aren't 'good enough' for that douchebag.

A guy who worries about how he appears when he talks to strangers probably doesn't go out of his way to make friends with, or even accept the friendship of, people with severe neurodevelopmental disorders. I doubt he's the kind of guy who would try to help someone having a psychotic episode.

He's just a coward, and you know, that's fine, most of us are in some ways. What's bad is this guy appears to be downright conceited about his unwillingness to face his fears while still feeling he deserves the benefits of having faced such fears.

Just a truly contemptible personality. I hope the dude can find success and happiness, I do, but all i'm reading is a bitter diatribe from someone who just needs to fucking get over themselves.

>You and I both understand that "just be social" or "go outside, meet people" or "man up" doesn't mean anything. But people assume it's that easy for everyone, and you must just be lazy for not doing what's so simple for everyone else.
There's no real reason to make a counterpoint. It's clear from the beginning that user is probably a depressed nihilist or a literal psychopath who was trying to undermine the self-esteem of emotionally vulnerable Arcanites.

The fact of the matter is that if you want to succeed in life then you need to take risks. It's not easy for some people to meet new people and form bonds, but the possible reward of having genuine friends, or even a lover, is worth the risk. And so long as you're not rubbing feces on your face and dropping spaghetti out of your pockets while having a basic conversation then everything will turn out alright.

Past that opening post it's just defeatist circling jerking about jobs and society. I honestly don't understand Jow Forums and why they get off hard over being emotional cripples.

Jesus christ... look at the sheer amount of text he wrote. No one with that level of obsession with their own thoughts should be taken seriously, not that there isnt some truth there but its obvious the message 's not coming from a desire to help people but from his own bottled up frustration with his personality.

My reaction as someone who is "friendless" is this, people who expect a base line of respect given to them will usually receive it. Most of OP's woes in life probably come from other people reflecting back the perceived lack of self respect for himself. There are ways to respect yourself more which don't hand you friends but can leave you more content with daily interactions. Enjoying the simple nature of a walk outside. None of this crap about going to bars alone and cold approaching or learning instruments or some shit, that is retarded advice and btw I play guitar just for fun. I guess what I'm saying is no one actually knows how to make friends so just suck it up and try to enjoy life other ways.

>There's no real reason to make a counterpoint. It's clear from the beginning that user is probably a depressed nihilist or a literal psychopath who was trying to undermine the self-esteem of emotionally vulnerable Arcanites.

I feel like people here are making the assumption that the pasta is aimed at every loser. It's clearly targeted at people in their late 20s and early 30s, and I don't know if the writer is clairvoyant or just extrapolating trends or if it was written recently, but somehow he seems to taking into account that (geek) niches/subcultures being part of the monoculture so you'd be an outsider even to that.

>pic semi-related; there are no more acloves for older loser

Attached: 1546330992835.jpg (720x892, 77K)

>have to initiate social contacts because things don't happen by themself
>...but by talking to people and initiating contact I'm making things happen "by themself" for other people
>it's never the otherway around, because if I don't talk to people I'm guaranteed to be alone

How am I supposed to believe in any of this shit if real life seems to work on video game logic? As if people are NPCs who only react when interracted with and otherwise they will be just there to make the world look more populated.

Attached: pf0t1x7Haa1rhyhk4_500.jpg (500x539, 42K)

>Even your "friends" aren't really on the same level as a friend to other people. You have to buy their love, and can't expect anyone to call you first, or return your messages. You just have to live your life, hoping you'll stumble into someone you when you feel the need to talk,

It's always been unclear on how much you are supposed to give and expect in return, to me. It always feels like I'm giving more in return for ever decreasing levels of attention. Doesn't seem like that for other people.

>npc
Also you sound like zoomer.

How else am I supposed to describe this situation and feeling? Really, it sometimes feels like I'm in role playing game and my stats are not high enough to unlock more dialogue options. I try to talk to someone new, they say hi, and it never goes further than that because they're not essential plot characters. I know this is not the reality, but it's funny to me how much it reminds of video games. If I don't talk to them, they won't talk to me, and I'm 100% guaranteed to remain alone. The only way to interract with anyone is to initiate it by myself because no one ever initiates anything with me. It's absurd!

Well, I guess you have to show people you are open to talking to them and then they'll start inititating with you.

That's a trap, right?

wait, you actually thing what you quoted makes any fucking sense at all?
are you also this fucking broken or just stupid?

All I'm saying is that the mere idea of "Things don't happen by themself" is contradicted by when I initiate things, because that means things DO happen to someone else "by themself". Why don't things ever happen to me? Why am I the one who has to initate everything? I wouldn't mind it if other people initiated things too, but they don't. If I don't do anything, nothing happens. It makes me feel like the world is one big roleplaying game where everyone is just a cardboard cutout programmed to react when I say hello.

Op, Everything said in that Previous conversation is purley self pittying bullshit. The reason most of these people are loosers is because they make excuses not progress.
Dont listen to the little pissant inside your head and do what you know you need to. End of fucking story.

m8 this is all bullshit, the very fact that the other people put themselves in a position to be interacted with (by you or someone else) makes it _not_ be "by itself"
because "by itself" does not exist, you just don't understand what the reason behind it is
literally nothing happens by itself, the concept is an abstraction to make things easier to grasp
furthermore, your perspective is biased as fuck
>hurr durr I literally initiate everything
>hurr durr literally nothing happens to me
my fucking ass it doesn't, you're just too stuck in your head to realize it

if you want to make it sound like somehow this entire world only thinks of you you special lil snowflake and there's this one big huge conspiracy to single YOU out, then fine, you can make up whatever the fuck you want, just don't try to convince anyone else that it makes any sense

literally us talking right now contradicts what you're saying
there's entire books (including notes from the underground) that explain and show how bullshit this is and how you people like and _want_ to sabotage yourselves just to prove your sad self that its right
otherwise you won't feel like this special broken snowflake that the world hates, so of course you go about your days in such a way to maintain that idiotic illusion

it's fine to be sad and to want companionship, those are normal feels and desires
but rationalizing it into this crap is bordering on stupidity and ignorance

I won't entertain this crap further, you have to make sense of these things yourself to believe and understand them, you won't find what you need on fucking Jow Forums
good luck to ya user

>but by talking to people and initiating contact I'm making things happen "by themself" for other people
Your argument is flawed because you assume other people are in the exact same situation as yourself. But most other people are already social, and have no problem initiating contact with others.

Did you even read my post? I literally stated many times that I know that's not how it is, but that's how it feels like to me because that's what happens to me.

>literally us talking right now contradicts what you're saying
How? You're just repeating the same things again, the same old
>hurr you need to put yourself out there and initiate things
like a wind-up toy. No I don't think you're a literal wind-up toy, it's a metaphor just like the video game analogy.

>But most other people are already social, and have no problem initiating contact with others

That's the talking point of OP's screencap. People giving these social advices may be giving valid advices, but the advice only works in context where you're already part of normal social circles.

>the advice only works in context where you're already part of normal social circles
But the advice of “initiate social contact because these things don’t just happen” is more valid for socially inept people. Obviously it doesn’t work for social people because they already live in an interconnected world where everyone gives and receives contact with everybody. Asocial people are going to have to put themselves out there more to establish themselves in the social world

> Asocial people are going to have to put themselves out there more to establish themselves in the social world
Not him but:
>It's always been unclear on how much you are supposed to give and expect in return, to me. It always feels like I'm giving more in return for ever decreasing levels of attention. Doesn't seem like that for other people.

>feels like I'm giving more in return for ever decreasing levels of attention. Doesn't seem like that for other people.
It’s because it’s not like that for other people. That basically restates my point that asocial people have to try harder to be social. A social person is surrounded by other social people who all give and receive attention from each other. If one of those people doesn’t give attention back, it doesn’t matter too much because there are so many others who will reciprocate. An asocial person isn’t surrounded by others, so it hurts more when they reach out to someone and the other person doesn’t care.

>I doubt he's the kind of guy who would try to help someone having a psychotic episode.
Or more likely someone who spent way too much time on helping crazy people and only getting shat on in return.

Here's some advice for everyone ITT: just ignore crazy people as soon as you realize they're fucked in the head, there's nothing good that will ever come of anything you try with them and no help will ever be enough.

>if it was written recently
It's an old Jow Forums pasta from more than 10 years ago, before Jow Forums even existed, some things have been added and changed in the meantime though. Am I really the only one that remembers this, holy shit.

How else do you show them this if not by trying to initiate conversation? For example I try to talk to someone almost every day but they always ignore me. They are well aware that I would talk to them instantly if they contacted me first, there is no "misunderstanding" here.

Then he's clairvoyant (or extrapolating trends), cos 2007-8 is when all the geek niches/subcultures started becoming absorbed into the monoculture. I think there was still somewhat of a stigma of being a nerd then that there was still niches for late 20s - early 30s asocial people. I think pasta is much more relevant today.

...so we're worth less than social people?

The problem I have with it is it treats all normalfags like chads, way more people are on the 'robot spectrum' these days than you would think and very few of them are totally happy and socially adjusted. I used to hangout with some normalfags and when I didn't get along with them anymore I assumed it was because I was a little weird but then I realized they were all very awkward and insecure themselves and just kind of gravitated around this one guy they thought was a chad who actually had major mental issues himself, the problem with this generation is deeper and more real than you guys like to admit.

Where in my post did I say that?

>I feel like people here are making the assumption that the pasta is aimed at every loser.
I'm not sure how else to interpret it. Everything written reads like it was designed to commiserate with a bunch of NEETs through negative reinforcement.
>If you're a friendless loser, however, you will be aware of all that society does to people and have empathy even if the only reason you do is because you've experienced it yourself. And it's not that "normal people" are without any misfortune whatsoever. But they are by definition excluded from having a vast majority of problems that plagued the average robot during his childhood and teenage years
Like holy shit.

If nothing matters, you can look at it constructively and just accumulate wealth, or whatever is even slightly important to you.

If nothing matters, you can look at it unconstructively and wallow in existential dread letting all that meaninglessness of life pads you by.

The only meaning I can discern from life for Humans is that we have a body and mind capable of consciously experiencing things. I honestly think we just exist in experience machines, so why not lean in on that and try to put ourselves in the way of novel experiences.

Attached: wMki31m.jpg (460x565, 47K)

That's self defeating incel bullshit. That faggot most likely didn't dven try at all.

>incel
a) This is dated way before them.
b) The incels are going to be alright, since they're mostly young people.

>implying the incel mindset hasn't been there forever
Jow Forums was always incels

Yeah but it's clear that the text assumes at the bare minimum that you're well clear of your teenage years and your college years.

Nah, it's definitely aimed at late 20s and early 30s, the longer version of it makes this clear.

>the whole bit about the road trip
It sounds like he had a shitty hand and wants handouts for it. Sorry, that's not how life works and none of us get those handouts. Unless he means to say that bad things only happen to certain types of people, which is even more a fallacy full up on its own bullshit anyway

>none of us get those handouts.
But most of us are dealt better hands and if not, are able to course-correct at an early age.

I don't think he's asking for handouts more than he's asking to be recognised. I mean, it's not that different to the Underground Man.

Hell, the bit in which the Underground Man's fate is sealed is when he's in his mid-20s isn't it?

I seriously doubt that there is an army of incels initiating conversations with people, these days almost no one initiates anything. The few people I know who have tried PUA bullshit clam up on the follow-up part and basically waste every opportunity.

What's the point of literally anyone ever interacting with you if your first move is to just dodge responsibility yet again? These threads are getting more and more pointless as you guys push for a smaller and smaller echo chamber.

I actually agree with this, it should be pretty easy to understand for anyone with a brain but all the r/inceltears posters here refuse to ever throw one of you guys a bone and acknowledge that you may be right about something. Yes, there is an insane double standard of YOU having to initiate everything and normies and girls just receiving everything while claiming they are somehow causing it. You still just have to get over it and try to improve yourself to the point that people will see you as a cool guy and then initiate with you.

>just dodge responsibility yet again
How much of the blame of our initial inadequete social lives are we supposed to shoulder?

>as you guys push for a smaller and smaller echo chamber.
I'm not quite sure what you mean here.

All this advice about "being nice isn't worth anything" is retarded, everyone prefers to be around people who are nice to them and most of these guys who claim to be nice are actually total assholes. I knew an ugly, awkward, dislikable incel in real life and he still had like half a dozen people trying to help him out and befriend him but he alienated them by acting like the biggest cunt I'd ever seen.

He’s saying that the social outcasts on this website keep pushing for a more and more insular and like-minded community to reinforce their own beliefs

As much as you want changed. Anything you don't shoulder, won't change. Not out of malice or spite, that's just how the world goes. Nobody's gonna take your shit onto their plate just to be nice, and if they do it's a high exception to a time tested rule.
Either you shoulder it or it stays shitty. That's basically what it comes down to and no narrative in existence will change that.
It's quickly becoming the case that these kinds of threads actively reject and try to expunge any advice they don't like. Pretty soon, it'll just be a bunch of sad boys agreeing about how sad they are, posting pepes and wojaks all day and night while they wonder how they're going to fix depression. At 4 in the AM, still eating, putting sugar into their systems, glued to a computer screen...
Incels and SJWs are quickly becoming gender-specific synonyms.