So since /fit is being fucking retarded at this point

Well Jow Forums, I'm finally doing it, I'm finally sucked in to the temptress that is /fit. I got a flyer in the mail a week ago for Anytime Fitness, of course for the New Year, fuck that right? But I mean, I wanna get back into a healthy lifestyle now that I'm back in a bigger place with more resources made available for me and within close distance too. I'm already wanting to eat healthier, trying to get started after New Years satisfying myself to go on the new year, but I'll get to that another time when I've made some starting progress.
Should I go for it senpai? I mean, from what I've been getting from the various web comics that people have been making recently about the New Years Day flood of the various shotgun resolutioners (I dunno what you all call them) opening the gates of hell for the regulars and staff, even though its a comic and its, and I'm hoping its, exaggerating to a point to make a funny, I still can't help but feel uncomfortable and afraid like maybe I might be unironically part of that flood that even I fear of being a part of. The only good thing for living in the country was my school solely focused on physical education since they had nothing else to focus or fund for, so I at least know how to do some basics and not look like a fucking idiot/injure myself.
So going back to the question, should I go for it, or is it a scam to the veterans of /fit? Should I go somewhere else, wait a little? Or do you all have any wisdom you would like to impart onto me? This is just all kinda for myself so I can survive working a full 9 to even 12 hours workshift without facing exhaustion to the point of feeling sick when I get home from work and also struggling to sleep because of pain. Thank god this move gave me a break. Will post more below, and thank you all for reading this mess of a post. First time here on this board after all so I'm kinda nervous, new territory after all and because bumpkin education I struggle alittle.

Attached: 1546394897705.jpg (4032x3024, 3.2M)

tl;dr

Had to copy+paste my post over here because >reee read the fucking sticky >reee namefag blogposter >reee
Does New Years make /fit retarded as fuck? I mean I went in knowing I'd be in some shit but goddamn

Yeah I'm sorry, I wish I can compress my thoughts into sentences but struggle with that part. In short, should I go for the deal, not worth? Go somewhere else? Wait a while until the New Years flood is over? Or impart wisdom? Its not /fit where apparently I have to lurk and not be an active member of the board so fuck me then.

To clarify I have been, or what I think, started eating healthier than living off of food pantry stuffs, just decided to feast like a king to enter the new year and get that temptation out of the way. Sounds weak, I know, but I just wanted to.

If I had to explain myself, my brain feels the need to clarify every single point so I'm not missing anything but then it turns itself into a paragraph

are you fat, or just skelly mode?

I wanna say I'm above average but then its like what defines average. I guess if I had to shape it out, I've got some love handles but barely grabable now, some muffin top, sometimes I have moobs but its like in certain positions my body can define itself and I've got some muscle underneath that shows as sometimes rarely my stomach, I gotta thank my past in gymnastics for that. But really its just weak constitution that I wanna get moderate gains for the overworked wagecuck or just endurance to survive the fucking day. My strongest point are my legs because I usually walk to places, my arms are slowly getting there too. I can flex and feel some muscle contract.

Sorry for the rushed wall of text there. Also I'm around 230 last I checked about more than 3 weeks ago and I'm 5 foot 8

stopped reading at
>Should I go for it senpai?

if you actually have to fucking ask if you should go to the gym, you are brain damage and need to stop thinking and start doing you autistic sperg

Attached: 11_3.jpg (344x314, 23K)

Honestly dude, with how you're typing, you either are autistic or smoking meth. Gym will not help buddy. Save the effort and put towards other things. I heard trains are a big thing with you types.

The Jow Forums sticky actually has very useful information and if you're serious about this I suggest you read it.

Just start with your diet. Count calories (let's shoot for 1800 a day to start) and restrict your carb intake to only non-starchy vegetables and leafy greens. The former is how you lose the weight and the latter is how you avoid feeling like shit because your diet makes you hungry every 30 seconds.

Don't even worry about the gym right now. Keep walking everywhere like you do, stay moving through the day, etc. All of that is free. Wait until you see the pounds coming off on their own and that will be a great motivation for you to stick to the gym once you start. Let's face it, we're all suckers for instant gratification. It'll be easier for you to commit to working out once your diet picks up the brunt of the weight loss.

I ask cuz, one, dont know if its actually good or not, the flyer I posted, if its just a scam, so I'm being careful. If that gym isn't good should I go to another one, and also cuz how people are flooding the gyms now should I go or just wait until the herd culls out cuz I just don't wanna embarrass myself really. Cuz I want to do

I mean, I probably am autistic but that'll be a different subject at a later time, so yeah if its obviously its undiagnosed blatant autism here.

Thank you guys, honestly should have posted here first. I delved into new waters and well, got more than what I expected. Read the sticky and I'll check it out also lurk there even though I don't wanna, I wanna actually be active. Now I'm knowing why my thread went to absolute shit, but I'm a sucker for missing sticky posts.

The actual posts on Jow Forums are usually garbage. Self-defeating lookism cancer and shitty memes are the norm. Some generals are okay. You may be interested in /fat/ which is for heavier guys helping each other lose weight. Other than that, good luck and stay with it. You're looking to make a permanent lifestyle change that will benefit you for years to come.

I just not wanna struggle with weak constitution at work, very hands on and lots of labor but they were hiring, shortest days being 4 hours but usually 9 going on as long as 12. I'm starting to develop some muscle so that's probably the push towards 230 but I feel like with alot of things, autism being one, I was just kinda born and developed weak. Unrelated but I mean my mother was a drug addict and I'm the bastard son of a father I don't even know, honest, I was the product of a random lay she had and still to this day don't know my real dad, that's why I'm happy I had my adoptive father while he was still alive. Never gotten proper care of as a child, being both bastard and middle, whole family was diagnosed with some form of mental disability but I never got checked out, and in general lived in poverty. My lunch was a thing of sardines and crackers, my dad felt bad that it was all he could give and wanted to give more but that was all we could eat as well as cornish game hens. Those things are fucking small man. Once I finally got out on my own and was actually able to eat a meal that's when my weight spiked and once I got over 200 I realized I should stop.

And yeah, I got that immediately after my post went to shit. Already abandoned it at this point

If I go to the gym to be healthy it doesn't work. No, I go to the gym because it fucking actually feels nice to use this body and the muscles I have. Just because most people don't use them doesn't make them worthless. As a result my body and mind have been happy and healthy. Don't go to the gym to be Chad. It wont happen and you will disappoint yourself. Go to the gym cause where else in our modern world are you gonna use that shit!

I'm probably autistic too but I tried to keep it short.

Also I've payed 30 a month at 24h fitness for my membership for over two years now. And I go 2-3 days a week. I think I've gotten my monies worth

What is the point of going to the gym if you are too much of a pussy to make a simple decision like that?
A gym is a place where you pay a fee to go to in order to use excersice equipment.
Most places have the equipment you need, but check if they have it.
Then the last part is the users of that gym.
That can be harder to spot without going.
So just pick something.

If you dont think you will give up in a week, then sure go for it. But every year the gym fills up. And every year it empties out. People don’t commit, lives are busy so make it part of it.