How does a person with OCD stop thinking about something they don't want to think about?

How does a person with OCD stop thinking about something they don't want to think about?

Attached: 1522861436428.jpg (480x346, 47K)

probably meditation helps

I can't meditate at work

Is this about fucking rereboy again?

Yeah...

Oh boy. I thought you got in contact with him finally? Did the talk not go well?

Attached: 7BA73CA1-2407-4631-92F8-04D2EA004716.jpg (230x219, 10K)

His last response to me was basically "You're wrong. Bye."

He doesn't want to talk to me.

Are you male or female? Just wondering because from your posts I always assumed male but i am starting to think otherwise

Male.

I see. Well then I remain confused as to both the source and motivation for your obsession. However the only solution I can think of, if therapy is not working, is to emulate your idol and seek to gain his level of knowledge and debating skill. Perhaps join a real life debating club in order to hone your talents. This may allow you to realize this guy is not so special and that talent in arguments is learned and not inherited.

>Well then I remain confused as to both the source and motivation for your obsession.

It started with him criticizing and not liking something I like. I wanted to look through his posting history to see if he said something so stupid that I could just dismiss him as an idiot, but the opposite happened.

Boop

I have had OCD since like 4-5 years ago and it has totally destroyed me. Losing control over your own mind in this way is for me one of the worst things that can happen to a person.

Bump

I had OCD and I used what is known as "replacement therapy". It's where you replace the OCD thought with something else. Try music to start. If music doesn't help try repeating an action you like. You're welcome.

I tried to do that and it didn't work for me. I tried to replace the phrase that I repeat in my head with doing some counting and the counting became my new phrase. And after a while I came back to the original thought or phrase.

Get actual therapy OP. Your Psychiatrist can also give you med options.

Adv faggots know nothing.

Was there another thread before this one? Could someone give me a summary?

Probably medication helps.

Ge SSRIs. If you can cost the fancier ones the better. Don't suspend treatment and don't quit cold turkey. See a psych, it'll be worth it.

What's the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?

Rereboy is a user on a few sites that pretty much comes off as the smartest guy on the planet. Always knows what he's talking about, always wins debates, etc. I became obsessed with trying to view him in a less than perfect light for over 2 years now thanks to a combination of OCD and inferiority complex.

I had very severe OCD in middle school but then I imprinted this belief- “everything that happens, ever has happened and ever will happen is in my best interest” and then it went away. Haven’t had it since middle school and I’m 19 now. It was completely debilitating too and genetic, but I overcame it that way.

It's called Intrusive Thoughts and it'solved with medication

What medication? I'm taking Anafranil right now.