Average tax refunds down double-digits, IRS data shows

>Average tax refunds down double-digits, IRS data shows

thehill.com/policy/finance/431244-average-tax-refunds-down-double-digits-irs-data-shows

I hope trumpcucks enjoy paying for billionaires' tax cuts lmao

Attached: Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-24 um 07.16.39.png (932x410, 68K)

>pay less in taxes
>get less of a refund
WTF!?

You can't get back what you didn't give in the first place.

Absolutely true.

cope

Returns are less cause more in paycheck

Yep. Mine was down 20% from last year...

You get less in returns... when you get taxed less?

WTF!?!?

This is exactly why the tax cuts were never going to be a win on the psychological level, the public is too damned stupid to realize that less taxes also less tax returns.

sure it did fag sure it did

>Paying less taxes results in a smaller return.

No fucking way dude....

mine was way bigger this year because the child credit doubled. aren't you making white babies?

???? It's literally an overpayment of taxes coming back.

odd reply fag, odd reply

Still not tired of winning
Sure glad Amazon didn't have to pay a cent this year

A lot of people rely on their tax returns to pay property taxes and insurance for the year. This is helping no one but jews.

>if I keep spamming this word maybe it'll make it real

The people getting fucked the hardest are retarded california transsexuals such as yourself because of the high state tax, people living in places without retardedly high taxation levels are getting more back. Enjoy paying for illegals to live on welfare you retarded liberal faggot.

>A lot of people rely on their tax returns to pay property taxes and insurance for the year.

Makes no fucking sense to me, if you pay less in taxes in the first place, you keep your money and use that however you want instead of giving the gov't a free loan and waiting for your return

You aren't supposed to get a refund at all if you do your taxes right retard. Enjoy lending to the government interest free. Shit like this is why niggers stay poor. They could effectively net 5k more annually and invest it year round for a roi instead they elect for a lump sum and take a trip to six flags and put new rims on their 2002 blazer.

Stop making sense.
OP and others are like food stamp recipients who starve if their SNAP payments are double paid in Feb. and skipped in March.

>pay less in taxes
>want bigger refund
Fuck off lib

Facts
Fucking NPC

That's all good in theory, but in practice people dont plan and depend on a large tax return check because they have been trained to. It's also typically the only time of the year people can pay their large expenses.

The media sure does love to push the narrative that how much you pay in taxes is the same as how big your refund is. I remember when the media used to want to educate and inform the people.

>take out less taxes from top 1% paychecks
>top 1% use every loophole to avoid paying taxes
Why couldn't Trump throw the middle class a bone in there as well?

Mine was up 1000 dollars. You're a fucking retard if you don't adjust your taxes yearly.

Trump hates white people. This should be obvious by now.

So we need government mandated savings accounts that pay no interest and can only be withdrawn from once a year?

a tax refund has nothing to do with how much you pay in taxes.

I swear to Satan Americans are some of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet.

t. Neet that's never paid taxes in xir life.

I paid less taxes this year. Suck it, fuck faces.
Stop excusing terrible behavior.

nigger

Attached: dtjr.jpg (700x664, 229K)

I dont know what we need, I'm just pointing out the fact that "tax return" time is something that has been taught, and people organize their finances around that one big check. Whatever you think about that, it doesn't alter the reality. It's an integral part of the IRS Federal Reserve system. This is why they deduct taxes every week instead of relying on the public to pay what they owe. The wealthy have to write a painless check and everyone else gets one.

Sounds like communism, but you don't get the refund.

who here neet

This argument is retarded because most people didn’t adjust their withholding between years.
Tax returns are down because Trump tried to pull a Reagan and got rid of a bunch of deductions, not because people paid less in taxes.
Normal people set and forget their witholdings with their work. A tax break isn’t automatically going to reduce your withholding automatically.
Jesus, people who have never received a W-2 shouldn’t be allowed to post.

>t. never paid taxes or ever filed a tax return

>I dont know what we need
You're clearly saying that we need the government to hold people's money because they're not responsible enough to save it on their own.

>t. doesn’t know that withholding is static and your tax return should INCREASE if there’s a tax break and you don’t decrease your federal withholding with your company

You understand refunds are just your overpayment on taxes, right? This isn't "free money" from the government.

To be fair the withholding tables changed, but most people are seeing smaller refunds because of, like you said, deductions. State and local write offs, biz expenses etc

OP, you got handled.

Attached: anigif3BC.gif (800x450, 2.25M)

Uh...yeah. Basically. Otherwise you'd have prisons full of tax "cheats". The IRS needs to be deleted, and federal income tax needs to go away for the majority of the population. If you aren't making $250k a year the Federal Government shouldnt even know your name.

>t. doesn’t know that withholding is static

Are you sure about this? I thought your employer adjusted the withholding for you if the tax laws changed.

Are you fucking retarded. Withholdings are calculated by your workplace based on the tax schedule for the next fiscal year. This went into effect a few months after the new tax law.

>make less than 40k
>pay back 600
Really causes me to ponder

/Thread

He's an idiot. Withholdings changed last February.

>t. doesn't understand American taxes

Unless you work for a place that has a well paid finance department or something, they don’t fuck with your taxes at all. They’ll scale your withholding if you get a raise, but they won’t try to figure out all of your deductions for you.
Listen, dipshit: your workplace is not going to go out of their way to make sure your withholding includes all of your itemized deductions and everything else. People who are seeing less in their returns are doing so because Trump pulled a Reagan and got rid of a TON of deductions while lowering federal income tax marginally, so people who were expecting to get a lot back from all their deductions are now not seeing that money, NOT because they “paid less in taxes”. Donated shit to goodwill or Salvation Army? Not gonna see that money back this year.

He doubled the standard deduction, which is what most people use. He more than doubled it for married couples.

LMAO.
Yeah lets call it what it is, a massive wealtg transfer to the rich
>you saved 100 dollars
>I saved 100,000,000 dollars ohhh!
>you saved 100 dollars
>I invested in a Reit at 40 times leverage and now have 4,000,000,000 in investment money ooohhhhh!!!!!!!
>you saved 100 dollars
>I bought 40 homes in your neighberhood!!!!!!!!!
>you saved 100 dollars
>you can use that for a down payment on the shitbox in Compten Ca I put shitty Ikea countertops in and am selling for 600,000 dollars!!!!!!!

LMAO. Stupid Middle Classers why wont you let us help you!!!!!! We need to import more workers!!!!!!! Pump up those stalkmarket numbers!!!!!!!!!!!

With friends like these

your tax bill for the year and your tax refund are two entirely different things, shitlib

I got back a bigger refund, the rich got taxed harder this round dipshit.

I intentionally have the tax witheld from my paychecks too low. I always owe like $500 when I do my taxes. It is no big deal because I have savings. My coworkers are always talking about who got the biggest return and when I say I didn't get any return they act like I'm stupid. No, I just had access to all my money all year and they did not.

>staulkmarket

Increase your withholding this year and next year you could have a huge tax "refund" (interest free loan you gave the government). I'm not happy with trump either, but it amazes me how little normies know about personal finance.

Im sure that extra 100 a month really did you some good.
You spend whats in your pocket.
For a lot of poor people getting a big paycheck helps them make big purchases like a downpayment on a car.

Not because they are wasteful but because its easy to spend money when you have nothing

>pay less taxes
>receive smaller refund
I see spelling 'math' as 'maths' isn't the only retarded thing Europeans do.

>Yeah brosef if they had put it in a savings acount they could have made .03% per annum
>Fucking Plebs.

LMAO. The poor dont have access to the stock market or higher returns. They aint making investments or trading options to get 10% a year.
And even if they did the money they made would be entirely consummer by the trading fees.

What would happen is they would spend that money on something a soft asshole like you takes for granted.

i got 50 bucks less kek

literally this. only retarded faggots who saw they were getting more money and did nothing are crying.
meanwhile, i have three threadrippers coming on monday

>Im sure that extra 100 a month really did you some good
It actually does. I invest in stocks. I'm don't pretend to be some crazy entrepeneur, but I would rather have a few hundred extra bucks to play with during the year than give an interest free loan to Uncle Sam all year.
>Uncle Sam owes you money all year, doesn't owe you one cent of interest.
>You are late on your taxes even by a few days, you owe interest.
Seems fair...

I'm not sure what you're so angry about. Being poor and paying less taxes is better than being poor and paying more taxes which is what this thread was about.

He is literally arguing that poor people are too stupid to have access to their own money because they will spend it all like drunken sailors who are only in port for 1 night.

>math is hard
Hide the slide
Sage and gay

>crying about not being able to give the government an interest free loan

Imagine being THIS dumb.

>pay less in taxes
>get smaller return
wtf!? what is this black magic!

Attached: thinking emoji.png (640x640, 111K)

>stalkmarket

Attached: brainlet.jpg (266x300, 13K)

>Taxation is down double digits, IRS data shows

>people angry that they were taxed less

Attached: 1549412544305.jpg (538x627, 88K)

Basically the moral of the story is they should've kept the payroll withholding the same so the tax refund would be bigger.

You, and everyone else spouting about smaller tax returns are not looking at the bigger picture. Last year I got a return of $600. This year I owe $400. At first glance, that is shocking, but when I look at my take-home per pay check, I earned about $160 more each check. We can do the math. $160*26=$4,160. Even with my return being a $1000 swing to the red, I still made over $3000 more this year just from the tax change. Look at your whole year, not just your "return." If you optimized your taxes, your return should be $0 ideally anyways.

Attached: thecount.png (1059x571, 412K)